PDA

View Full Version : Simple guide to flipping

TheChineseMan
07-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi guys, after a longgg sleep from SRL i have decided to come back and write a flipping guide b4 i attempt to get back into the Scripting Carrer :P

Ok so you want to make money with no effort at all? make money while sitting on the toliet? even while botting? then this is the guide for you :)

As many runescape users will always want to buy items instantly of the GE, we can use this to exploit buying and selling where we buy an item for a lower price and selling it at a higher price. this method is basically merching but you can do this in 10 mins-1 day depending on when you want to sell your bought items

things you will need
-notebook/notepad on computer
-common sense
-patience

Finding the item which we want to Flip
Firstly, we have to choose an item which we want to flip. i recommend items which most pkers/skillers use e.g.
-sharks
-rocktails
-monkfish
-helm of netiznot
-Prayer potion
-Runes
-Barrow items
-ores
-logs

As you get more experienced with flipping, you can venture into more items

before buying items, look at their graph on the GE to ensure they are currently not being dumped or heavily merched.

methods used to determine if a item is good to buy

-hockey stick technique
http://i51.tinypic.com/2v7xu2o.png
less risky of losing money

-1,2,3 bottom formation
http://i53.tinypic.com/ivepz5.png
more risky to lose money or can also gain alot of money

Prices which to buy and sell your items at
Once you find an item which looks good to flip, you will have to find the current buying/selling price of the item
the procedure to do this is

1) Put an test offer into the GE buying the item at a high price maybe 10% over the min price. usually it buys instantly - record down the price which you item bought at (this will be your selling price)

2) next sell the item for about 10% less and once it sells instantly, record down the price (this is your buying price)

3) if the profit margin for the item is suitable to your needs and doesn't seem very risky, put an buy offer into the GE for that item using the price recorded down from selling.

4) Once it has fully bought, you can choose either to
-sell the item of for the buying price your bought it for
-hold onto the item if you think it is going to rise and sell it off the next day

GE limits
When buying and selling items on the GE, Jagex has made it so that you can only buy a certain amount of items at a time (4hrs)
for the list of GE limits go to: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange

to ignore the 4 hr limit:
once you have bought some items, you sell them. this then cancels the ones you have bought.
therefore if you have bought 8000 raw fish this means you can only buy 12,000 more for that 4 hrs
however, if you sell the 8000 raw fish before the 4 hrs, you can then buy 20,000 again.

working out profits
to work out the profits which you will make during a flip, use this equation
(price sold - price bought) * num of items bought = profit

Have Fun Flipping!!

Smarter Child
07-16-2011, 03:59 PM
You should explain:

"Once you find an item which looks good to flip,"

How does one go about finding an item which looks good to flip via the GE charts etc.?

Other than that, sweet tut ;)

TheChineseMan
07-16-2011, 04:00 PM
i shall do that now :P

Done is that better?

Smarter Child
07-16-2011, 05:55 PM
i shall do that now :P

Done is that better?

Yes, looks great!

Echo_
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Nice tut, I've been flipping a lot of rune items lately (f2p :(). This was explained well considering a lot of people who play RuneScape don't understand the concept of flipping and merchanting.

Silent
07-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Excellent guide... When I get some time I'll have to try this in RS... The idea had come to me, but I never had the patience to see it through. I guess that's why it works, because no one else does either..

Tlachtli
07-21-2011, 06:17 PM
A nice guide, very helpful for first-time flippers such as myself. I made ~300k trying this out yesterday, I may start doing this full-time once I find some good items.

blother
07-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Very nice guide! I''ve been doing this for the past week or so. To find more items to flip go to more info on the GE page and check the most traded items and check out their graphs. You can pretty much flip these all the time if you can find good margins.

Also, check out the items that are dropping in price the most on the first page of the ge. Scroll through these items to see if any are mats for skilling or things of that sort and keep an eye on their graphs. If you can catch them at a hockey stick point you can make a lot of money. I made probably over 5 mil when monkfish and sharks shot back up.

If these is helpful to anyone you should add it up with some of the items you added. I will add a few more i use right here they might be the same as the ones at the top.

Monkfish
Sharks
Lobster
Swordfish (raw or cooked for the fish)
Runes (death, astral, chaos, cheaper ones in bulk over night can make 50k+ with no work)
Flax
Bowstrings
Ores
Bars
Gems (haven't tried these yet and don't know limit, but i bought some for botting recently and the gap was about 50 on emeralds, so give it a shot and tell me how it goes)

Hope these helped i might add more later

Awkwardsaw
07-21-2011, 10:45 PM
I tried doing this a few times, never found a good item/ made money though :p

blother
07-22-2011, 10:08 PM
I tried doing this a few times, never found a good item/ made money though :p

Did you have a good amount of starting cash?

Yago
07-22-2011, 10:13 PM
How much cash is the minimum recommended?

Awkwardsaw
07-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Did you have a good amount of starting cash?

~10m

blother
07-24-2011, 02:14 AM
~10m

Just check the prices of items in the most items traded list. You can probably make good profits with the money you have. They don't even need to have the right graphs some times

TheChineseMan
07-24-2011, 06:24 AM
yeah i would suggest 10m is a good amount of money to start, then with every flip, you can easily make 200-300k or more