PDA

View Full Version : a new type of script near to complete (need feedback before posting)

solemn wishes
04-14-2006, 08:27 AM
hi guys,

well im sure many of you have noticed that most of the stuff i write i try to make very different to anything else, i am in the finishing stage of my latest script and would like some feedback before posting it.

The script is to my knowledge one of a kind and i hope to be very succesfull. What it bassicly does is....

Chop's wood, drops or lights it when your inventory is full
once it has chopped a random ammount of wood it will go into search mode
search mode is what makes the script different, it will still chop wood, yet random walk
until a mining spot or fishing spot is found depending on what you specified.
when the mine/fishing spot is located it will know go into mining/fishing mode
and mine/fish a random ammount of that item. Then it will carry on doing
something else for a random ammount of time.

i would like feedback before i post the script such as any idea's you may have, any questions about the integrity of the script.

Well as i said this post is just to get some feedback before i release it since it

thx :)

Jagex_Fagex
04-14-2006, 08:53 AM
i'm not sure, but it sounds kinda detectable, not sure but... yer, you asked for oppinions (sp?):confused:

WT-Fakawi
04-14-2006, 09:32 AM
I like the idea. Good thought, creative as ever. :)

It sound like a script that would get you stuck if you dont do a lot of error/location/failsafe checking. The only disciplines I have ever managed to mix was fighting/collecting and mining/melting.

A good humanoid script is what we need though, that would get you unflagged.....

XxKanexX
04-14-2006, 09:35 AM
If it was logged out whilst walking to a place or continueing something then it would probably get lost. Great idea.

solemn wishes
04-14-2006, 09:44 AM
I like the idea. Good thought, creative as ever. :)

It sound like a script that would get you stuck if you dont do a lot of error/location/failsafe checking. The only disciplines I have ever managed to mix was fighting/collecting and mining/melting.

A good humanoid script is what we need though, that would get you unflagged.....

my idea is that the failsafe is that it will allways be doing something whilste looking for the other, my woodcutting and mining procedures are near to perfect know accept the off chance that the auto-tinderbox-color-finder does not work whitch im fixing know.

thx for the comments :)

WT-Fakawi
04-14-2006, 10:05 AM
aah, I see. So what you are really proposing is a failsafe that activates itself once we haven't done anything for 90 seconds, thus preventing logging out?
Now that would be a very good thought for a threadsafe call.

solemn wishes
04-14-2006, 10:12 AM
yes that what i mean :), something i missed about above is a function that i made, it calculates your woodcutting lvl and returns true or false if you can cut that type of log, with this i had to make a modification to the findmulticolortext procedure so it finds multi text and multi colors for each tree.

o ya Fakawi would you mind helping me with the tinderbox dtm if you arnt busy? i cant seem to get it right :D i makw working ones them the next day the are obsolete.

WT-Fakawi
04-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Sure. Only, I believe there is a great DTM-tutorial somewhere on the Island.

solemn wishes
04-14-2006, 10:26 AM
ya, im not bad with dtms (not intended to brag) but this i just cant seem to get right :D