PDA

View Full Version : REALLY weird bans...

Brain
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I find this to be weird....
I haven't logged into RS for at least a year, I haven't autoed on an account for much longer than that...
Last week I got an email from Runescape saying they gave my account a macroing infraction....I followed the link and nothing loaded (coulda been my internet, or the site). I thought nothing of it, and erased the email.
Just now I got an email from Jagex saying my account has been banned for macroing. I checked my 3 main accounts (only accounts I know the password to of the top of my head, password file is on my packed up computer, so can't check my army) and they were all fine. I don't think I linked my email to much of my army.
Come to think of it maybe Ejjman1 has been macroing...I think he did a little this past school year with some of my accounts. Maybe....lol
The emails were from noreply@jagex.com, and all the links went to the legit Jagex websites, so they aren't phishing attempts.

I just figured this was really weird...so I'm posting here :)

Wanted
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
It's an annoying fishing thing.

I get like 20 fake emails weekly from "jagex"

cycrosism
08-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Phishing*

Look here: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64365

Brandon
08-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Yup.. I get those too.. thing is in the email it says "runescape.com" then when u hover over it, u see the real link points to "runascepa"

Brain
08-09-2011, 04:40 AM
LOL, guess I'm a total noob then...Thought I checked for phishing pretty well, guess I wasn't paying that much attention though....:rolleyes:

how embarrassing....not the first time I've fallen for something and probably won't be the last either. Good thing I honestly don't remember my password, thought I remembered them....but you can type in anything on the phishing link and it take you to the logged-in screen. sneaky bastards.

Disregard this thread, lol.

edit: how do they send emails from noreply@jagex.com? I think I read something on how to do it here, but I can't remember for sure.

wantonman
08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
FTW you have completed the game go outside

bevardis
08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
LOL, guess I'm a total noob then...Thought I checked for phishing pretty well, guess I wasn't paying that much attention though....:rolleyes:

how embarrassing....not the first time I've fallen for something and probably won't be the last either. Good thing I honestly don't remember my password, thought I remembered them....but you can type in anything on the phishing link and it take you to the logged-in screen. sneaky bastards.

Disregard this thread, lol.

edit: how do they send emails from noreply@jagex.com? I think I read something on how to do it here, but I can't remember for sure.

With simple php scripts, you can send emails from anywhere. @nasa.gov or whatever.

YoHoJo
08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
So did any of your accounts ACTUALLY get banned? Or did the emails just claim they did? (if you forgot passwords you cam search username in hiscores to check). Also care to post the link provided in the email (make a big obvious warning that it's a phishing link when you post it though!)?

Brain
08-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I don't think any of them are banned....checked both emails. the link the first one still doesn't work. Link in the second one just takes me to a phishing site that accepts any username and any password. Takes you to offense history to show a canceled out macroing offense. Since I had an expired macroing offense on one of them I figured it was legit, I didn't check the date though...which shows yesterday's date all the time or something.

Home
08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I don't think any of them are banned....checked both emails. the link the first one still doesn't work. Link in the second one just takes me to a phishing site that accepts any username and any password. Takes you to offense history to show a canceled out macroing offense. Since I had an expired macroing offense on one of them I figured it was legit, I didn't check the date though...which shows yesterday's date all the time or something.

Just remember if you ask you to accept Loading Java applet do NOT allow it to load.

It's Java Driveby Keylogger.

~Home

litoris
08-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I keep getting this kind of stuff from Blizzard, the email links to the site and all. The funny part is that I have never had a WoW account.

Silent
08-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Just remember if you ask you to accept Loading Java applet do NOT allow it to load.

It's Java Driveby Keylogger.

~Home

That sounds unhealthy haha.:p