PDA

View Full Version : [R2] SuperUser's Red Chinchompa Hunter

superuser
08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi all,

Now that I've got my 99 hunter, I decided to release my red chinchompa hunter script.

It's pretty easy to use; unzip to your Simba's scripts -folder and just go to your favorite red chinchompa location and run the script. It automatically detects your hunter level and uses correct amount of box traps based on it. There's nothing else you need to do, the script does it all.

In case of bugs etc., let me know.

Happy hunting,
SuperUser

Edit:

I have confirmed that Simba 0.96rc won't crash with this script.
So either downgrade from 0.97.x or wait for a new version.

Here's some additional details of this script. First off, as I'm using reflection_dev as Reflection 2 include folder, you need to change this to your respective folder. Second, as Simba 0.97.x's scripting engine is crap, I cannot ensure you long running times. Downgrade to 0.96 for more stability.

There won't be any break-systems nor player login. Just go to your red chin. location and run the script. As you all know, you need to have hunter lvl. 63 and a bunch of box traps in your inventory in order this to work.

There's a bug in the script; it doesn't update the total amount of red chins caught in report atm, but I'll fix this soon.

What comes to gratz's exceptions like

[0:25:16]: main: Out of memory

is that this is either a bug in R2 or PS itself. Cannot tell, as there's no way of telling where the exception has happened.

Update

New version 0.20.100 is up. This is the only version for now you should use. Antiban, fixed stats and fixed trap laying logic.

Bubix
08-17-2011, 09:49 PM
why zip? (wondering around)

superuser
08-17-2011, 09:56 PM
why zip? (wondering around)

Because this script is a bit more complex, hence containing several files and even one image :)

Flight
08-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I think there was a couple requests for hunting scripts, this was one of them. I'm sure it'll be used quite a bit, but if I might make a suggestion, just adding some more info on the script here on your thread, like features, maybe a couple in-game pictures, progress reports, ya know. ;)

grats
08-18-2011, 01:23 AM
awesome script, it has no login or breaks though?

also maybe instead of right clicking & pressing 'walk here" then left clicking to dismantle.. it can just left click to dismantle since the things are like 2 squares away anyway lol

http://i.imgur.com/ijO4g.jpg

just running for a little bit now but those are the things I saw

I think there was a couple requests for hunting scripts, this was one of them. I'm sure it'll be used quite a bit, but if I might make a suggestion, just adding some more info on the script here on your thread, like features, maybe a couple in-game pictures, progress reports, ya know. ;)

Agree, also we got like 5 different ways people do reflection2.. he did reflection_dev/reflection
a few other scripts do reflection2/reflection

we need a single way so all the new users aren't constantly like how do I make this work1?!?

also anyone who isn't sure, you need box traps to do this.

edit

started to get this spammed

uhh then it just stopped after like a few mins of spamming a few times per second..

now it started up again as I was typing this

not sure why? I have 5GB left of ram not sure what memory it is referring to

edit:
crashed simba &smart lol

happened twice now

NCDS
08-18-2011, 02:41 AM
Agree, also we got like 5 different ways people do reflection2.. he did reflection_dev/reflection
a few other scripts do reflection2/reflection

we need a single way so all the new users aren't constantly like how do I make this work1?!?

That's the problem when people try to convert to something that hasn't even been officially released yet.

grats
08-18-2011, 02:49 AM
That's the problem when people try to convert to something that hasn't even been officially released yet.

yea lol =/

msi is the only thing that has been updated in the past few weeks and not changed to reflection 2 :spot:

any idea on the simba crashes from this or?

NCDS
08-18-2011, 02:53 AM
yea lol =/

msi is the only thing that has been updated in the past few weeks and not changed to reflection 2 :spot:

any idea on the simba crashes from this or?

Looks like a memory leak in either the Reflection he is using or his code.

tls
08-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Looks like a memory leak in either the Reflection he is using or his code.

It's not only ref2, I got the simba crashing error a couple of times with some old color and ref1 scripts the last week.

Flight
08-18-2011, 03:17 AM
It's not only ref2, I got the simba crashing error a couple of times with some old color and ref1 scripts the last week.

I can second this.

grats
08-18-2011, 03:22 AM
you guys are the newest update too?

I just updated right before I tested this script, I didn't crash before that I can remember.. but I was only running MSI for the past week or so, which is always working good

edit:

but maybe we should solve the worlds problems in a different thread? lol

superuser
08-18-2011, 05:17 AM
also maybe instead of right clicking & pressing 'walk here" then left clicking to dismantle.. it can just left click to dismantle since the things are like 2 squares away anyway lol

The thing is that if it first walks on top of the trap and then dismantles it, it's faster than first left clicking it and then walking to the square and assembling it again.

Home
08-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Good looking code mate :)
Your should release scripts more often.

Rep +.

~Home

grats
08-18-2011, 05:35 AM
The thing is that if it first walk on top of the trap and then dismantles it, it's fast than first left clicking it and then walking to the square and assembling it again.

ohhh I see, I didn't know the character didn't walk onto the square after it dismantled the trap

yea it works very well, I was impressed.. I just need to get it to survive longer without crashing simba lol

Coh3n
08-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Second, as Simba 0.97.x's scripting engine is crap, I cannot ensure you long running times. Downgrade to 0.96 for more stability.As far as I know, the scripting engine didn't change?

superuser
08-18-2011, 05:55 AM
As far as I know, the scripting engine didn't change?

It did, different version.

As Wizzup stated in the Simba 0.97 release post:

Oh, and this Simba has also been compiled with the latest Lazarus-fixes branch, so let's hope it fixes more issues than it causes.

litoris
08-18-2011, 08:19 AM
This script makes me wish I had mems now. I will use this a few months later if it still works.

Flight
08-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Anyone have just the .96 Simba.exe? :(

superuser
08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Good looking code mate :)
Your should release scripts more often.

Rep +.

~Home

Thanks! I only do scripts I need and after I'm done with the skill, I'll release 'em ;)

superuser
08-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Anyone have just the .96 Simba.exe? :(

Simba 0.96rc (http://simba.villavu.com/bin/Release/0.96rc/SimbaInstaller.exe)

Flight
08-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Simba 0.96rc (http://simba.villavu.com/bin/Release/0.96rc/SimbaInstaller.exe)

That's the installer. :S

Jakkle
08-18-2011, 11:44 AM
That's the installer. :S

http://wizzup.org/simba/releases.html#releases at the bottom of that page you will find it ;)

Nice script superuser, I will use this when I start getting my hunter up again.

superuser
08-18-2011, 06:24 PM
New version is up. Please use that, it should be pretty much flawless :)

grats
09-09-2011, 10:35 PM
something has leaks, either this or.. r2.. I have only seen it with this script though

up to 4GB of memory being used.

tls
09-09-2011, 11:14 PM
something has leaks, either this or.. r2.. I have only seen it with this script though

up to 4GB of memory being used.

R2 has next to none leaks. I have tested it extensively.

grats
09-09-2011, 11:19 PM
R2 has next to none leaks. I have tested it extensively.

yea I believe it, I have watched all scripts really closely never seen anything other than this script leaking

it actually crashed the virtual machine, I rebooted it and it's back up to 533MB, and increasing

so I watched it, got it to not crash after a few min

what happens is it gets to a certain point super slowly.. around 750MB

then right when it hits that it starts to go up up up

http://i.imgur.com/rZvWS.jpg

it's now at 1.25GB, it keeps going up every few seconds

CPU hits 100% and it just goes up 0.01GB every second, just ticks up up up

e/
this is happening when it has no traps to pick up
when it just stands there waiting for a trap to catch something, the memory starts to just skyrocket

vashanddou
09-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Dropping my Agility leveling for hunter, cba to level hunter and agility scripts easy to get so I gotta use this one to get 99 hunter before it doesn't work ^^.

fearlesskiller
11-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Doesnt work i get this error " Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'reflection_dev\reflection.simba' used from 'C:\Simba\Includes\..\scripts\su_chins\sulib\sulib .simba' "

PatDuffy
11-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Doesnt work i get this error " Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'reflection_dev\reflection.simba' used from 'C:\Simba\Includes\..\scripts\su_chins\sulib\sulib .simba' "

It doesn't work because this is a reflection script. ALL Reflection scripts are broken because they use hooks obtained from the client to work, which is currently not possible because of ClustFlutter. However, Color scripts still work.

Flight
11-05-2011, 03:55 AM

Yes, incase you haven't heard Jagex 'nuked' Java bots. (most) Java bots use reflection. This script uses reflection. This script has been nuked. Simple logic. ;)