PDA

View Full Version : Go away leechers!

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
04-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I think that those leechers that register and just look around, snoop around, should be banned and deleted after one week of no posting of anything, or posting a script. i see like 200 leachers in the members list!

Wizzup?
04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Quite useless topic, we will never be banning leechers, thats one of the main reasons of creating SRL, Keep scar alive, and we need leechers for that.

Sdcit
04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Take it this way.. Yes we are an anti leech community. But using the time we geet to removing all 300+ leechers (estimate), we can do alot on SRL ;)

c0de
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Take it this way.. Yes we are an anti leech community. But using the time we geet to removing all 300+ leechers (estimate), we can do alot on SRL ;)
make script to do that for you :P

JiveTonto@Gmail.com
04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Take it this way.. Yes we are an anti leech community. But using the time we geet to removing all 300+ leechers (estimate), we can do alot on SRL so what happenes if the leachers go? we will just be a community not a ani leacher one (techianly (shit spelling i know) im a leacher)

Pwnd
04-20-2006, 02:51 AM
You can always prune the 0 posters and the non-active people.

XxKanexX
04-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Leechers build up the community, though. We got more and more people learning Scar aswell as sharing Scripts they've made. ;D

If a community didn't grow, then hardly anything new happens, really. Nothing to reply to, hardly active, ect.

cause
04-20-2006, 03:12 PM
well dudes, leechers dont have access 2 any good scripts, its not like theyed hang around here just 4 top qualitly scripts u know.

Pyro
04-21-2006, 05:20 AM
Gah a load of c**p. Thats what i think of this topic. I was a leacher once. Yes i say it aloud. I registered for RSCN and stayed there for like 3 months never posting a thing. But because i could never get jokers scripts going and because i could never get other peoples scripts going i made my own. AFTER beign a leecher for 3 months. If i had been banned a week after i signed up i would have just forgotten about the whole scar thing and we woould be one less scar scripter.

dadadoo2
02-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Leechers are n00bs yes, but im a n00b , and i'm posting here. We need leechers to pass this on to their friends, then maybe they will begin scripting, i'm learning by the way, and what if I go on holiday? i'd be deleted! so.. i say no, beacuse although i appear a leecher im not :)

Yakman
02-20-2007, 12:50 PM
what if I go on holiday? i'd be deleted! so.. i say no,

another topic dragged up :(

and if you did go, you wont get deleted because you havent logged on
i think the issue is with people who login, download some stuff but never say anything

† DaNИy P †
02-21-2007, 08:31 AM
i say 0 posters after 2 weeks yes.....10+ posters 1 month..+30 forever :)

GenoDemoN
02-23-2007, 05:50 AM
no.

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 01:04 AM
then leave

Mr. Doctor
03-02-2007, 01:12 AM
then leave

I cant, i have no reason to quit.

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 01:17 AM
I will not tolerate this!!

if your so upset about it, leave

Bramble
03-02-2007, 01:32 AM
leechers honestly dont hurt anyone, if its public knowledge then by all means, look at it use it abuse it, thats not the ideal way but, how i look at it is, more visitors to the site := more money for webhosting := faster site, and the faster the site gets and more stable it gets, the more popular it gets, i mean if you look at mopars, omg, i mean its a rather decent community, but the site no offense mopar, id say 30-40% of the time i try to go there its down, and when it works, i feel like im on dial up again.

dig,dig,dig were bound to find some more controversial threads around here somewhere :-)

Mr. Doctor
03-02-2007, 02:18 AM
leechers honestly dont hurt anyone

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

A LEACHER went in bros acount (juniors) and hacked his acount, but he got it back.
Thank god.

For proof, no one posted. some installs and veiws, but no posts...

Deni_mulic
03-02-2007, 02:33 AM
I'd agree but i didn't post on this forum acc for like 5 months since making it lol :s
I just forgot i had it -.-

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 02:59 AM
how do you know it was a leecher? it could be anyone, even you!

JAD
03-02-2007, 03:02 AM
I will not tolerate this!!

not tolerate this? you act like you are the SRL leader, no offense. its not like it effects you in any way at all having leachers in the forum. I was a leacher for 2 weeks on this forum (on a different account i forgot pass too :p) and I had 0 posts. I was a thief yes. but you learn from that, you get bored using scripts, and I'd say about 60% of people will want to learn to script. I thought scripting would be hard, I read whocares357's tutorial and it all seemed easy. once you make your first script, its addicting and most people will want to script.

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 03:05 AM
just for clarification that quote is not quote of me...just making that cler since post is after mine :p

back on topic: yah like i used to be a leecher too...but you learn from it, and lid JAD said once you learn how you jsut cant stop! i bet you most people are leechers before they are scripters. its just how it goes, you'll get used to it eventually, now the ones that spam links, i hate that lol but that isnt leeching thats just idiot people makign us mad

JAD
03-02-2007, 03:18 AM
I agree with Hobit. EVERYBODY was a leacher before they learned to script I am almost 100% sure. maybe except kaitnieks :p

Mr. Doctor
03-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Well i was probably a leacher for an hour then i followed bebemycats tutorial and learned. ;)

JAD
03-02-2007, 03:32 AM
so you weren't a leacher for long. still, a lot of people who have been leachers for long are still a little better then you at scripting ;) :stirthepot:

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 03:34 AM
some of the best scripters have openly said they used to be leechers

jad do you realise we are replyign to the same 3 threads over and over?

Bramble
03-02-2007, 03:44 AM
:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:
For proof, no one posted. some installs and veiws, but no posts...

hmm, i guess there is no benefit since they come and download a script, but each leecher because of adds on site, add like 1/2 a penney to the websites pocket. just through google adds, i dont know what the exact rate is for this site

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 03:53 AM
thats true...more trafic= more money to be put into site = better site...somebodry already said that but in mroe words...i forget who lol

Bramble
03-02-2007, 03:54 AM
yea that was me, lol

Cheesehunk
03-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Here is a quote from another thread about leechers (May have been in members section, don't remember...

50% of the community leechers? I doubt the numbers are that low. Maybe around 60-65&... Still, that's an amazingly high rate of contributers for a public community being advertised in the SCAR debug box. Just look at Mopar's site, 80k members, but hardly anything gets done there..;)

Most non-priavte forums have tons of leechers, but the Administrators here have put in systems to encourage people to contribute. I honestly have never seen any other public community with as good as a Contributers:leechers ratio since the early Kaitnieks days. There are so many helpful people here, I think one of the major reasons is people just do stuff to help, not to get reputation, as it doesn't mean any statuses here.

The only way you can get statuses here is if you are Respected, useful, and helpful. This creates a great community atmosphere.

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 04:48 AM
thats how i feel too..i mentioned this in the thread that solorwind was slammign you, star and the admins, thsi is one of the best communities i have ever seen...for any subject...they do an amasing job and the atmosphere is a great one...i would hate it ANYTHING every happened to change that!

seaking
03-17-2007, 03:14 AM
Well, if you look at my sig, you will notice that I am a part of a lot of forums. Just because I'm not active here 24/7 doesn't mean I leech. Most of the time when I don't post, it means I haven't viewed the forum either.

Rephrase your point (wrote it in SCAR so leechers don't understand me :p):

begin
if ( UsefulPostCount < DownloadCount*2 ) then
begin
repeat
WhackWith.BanStick;
until(Owned)
end;

Drew_Dawg
03-17-2007, 08:52 PM
i'm kind of tired of all the lvl 3 autoers though

Jason2gs
03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
more trafic = more money to be put into site = better site

So by just passing through the site I'm providing money for the SRL-Forums? What about an ad click? How much am I generating then?

Hobbit
03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
unno about clicking ads, but because of haveing the "ads by google" bar every time someone comes to site you get like 2 cents or something...maybe its also every time it changes pages too cause the ads change when it does

Jason2gs
03-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Ooooh, neat :p

BTW:

I see you're making way on your Tut runner ;) Gratz

Smartzkid
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Here is a quote from another thread about leechers (May have been in members section, don't remember...

Actually, 69% of the members on srl have NO posts. Look at the members list: theres 73/105 pages of people with no posts! There's also 97 pages of people with below 10 posts! (counting the 73 previous pages). That's a whopping 93% of members with no more than 10 posts!!

Hobbit
03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
lol including members..ive seen a few members with like 20- posts...thats prolly from when we went from private community to public all the people automatically became srl members....like me :D

cause
03-28-2007, 03:56 AM
Yeah, n00bs are great, fun to pick on, plus, a tasty snack.

trigoon
03-28-2007, 11:22 AM
You also need to think of it this way: If there were no leechers the people who have visited today and whos online lists would be tiny. I dont know about you but I wouldnt join a community who hardly has any people on at all times. People usually join communities based on the activity, leechers help to increase signup rates by making it seem like this is a REALLY active forum (which it already is! But leechers help aid in giving it more activity).

xodd
07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Hmm difficult poll maybe?

yoyo1234
08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
what is the definition of a leecher? i post when asked for proggies but i dont script i tried to..spent an hour and was completley lost.. lol

kaustav_002
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
03-28-2007, 07:22 AM
07-12-2007, 07:32 AM
gravedig?
leechers someone who logs in, takes the scripts then disapears