PDA

View Full Version : Reducing power usage for botting?

bevardis
09-19-2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder, what could you do for your computer to take ~40watts and bot for days and days, That would take some serious tweaking, maybe with speedfan, other tools. Disabling unused hardware, disabling sound card, limiting cpu and gpu, slowing down fans, disabling dvdrom and all sorts of that stuff.

What do you do/know about it? I've also heard you can perform tasks in standby mode, but I'm pretty sure it's false.

Dervish
09-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I wonder, what could you do for your computer to take ~40watts and bot for days and days, That would take some serious tweaking, maybe with speedfan, other tools. Disabling unused hardware, disabling sound card, limiting cpu and gpu, slowing down fans, disabling dvdrom and all sorts of that stuff.

What do you do/know about it? I've also heard you can perform tasks in standby mode, but I'm pretty sure it's false.

For the standby thing, you can.

bevardis
09-19-2011, 07:16 PM
For the standby thing, you can.

What os are you using? Provide information. Did you have to play with the power management options? I wonder how many watts does it use ;o

Dervish
09-19-2011, 07:24 PM
What os are you using? Provide information. Did you have to play with the power management options? I wonder how many watts does it use ;o

I'm on windows 7. Forgot how i did though but it was something in the hardware options.

Then something about "active during standby : yes/no"..

Something like that, anyways you gotta find the correct parts to auto during standby though, all i have active is my network card.

Home
09-19-2011, 08:09 PM
First of all run RSBot, Then

1) Go to "Start Menu" > "Control Panel" > "Device Manager"
2) Look under "Network Adapters" to find your Ethernet adapter.
3) Right click it and go to "Properties"
4) Click on the "Power Management" tab
5) Uncheck the following box:

Now click on start tab then select "sleep/hibernate"

Now you can run RSBot while your computer is 'asleep'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For running Wireless when your computer is "asleep/hiberating" you could try:
(1) Go to "control panel"
(2) Power "options"
(3) Select "high performance"
(4) Then click "change plan settings"
(5) Then click "change advanced power settings"
(6) In there you should see "wireless adapter setting" change "power saving mode" to "maximum power saving". Also you will see "USB" settings make sure this is selected as "Enable".
I have a solution to your sleep while irsbot is on for vista wireless.right click on the connection icon om teh bottom right press network and sharing center,press view status,then click properties the bottom right,then click configure and heres a pic to what you do last.

Source: Google.

~Home

sf411
09-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Wait, wait, wait...Your telling me I could be botting while in sleep mode? How does that even work?

Harry
09-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Sleep mode probably won't work as that disabled the ethernet adapters most of the time...

Capricorn
09-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Also there's no way you'll get a desktop computer down to 40w while actually doing work

nickrules
09-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Also there's no way you'll get a desktop computer down to 40w while actually doing work

This, though your original ideas are pretty much as close as you can get. Depending on how much stuff you have control over, you could probably take Home's route and disable as much as possible for standby mode (and then put it in standby mode.)