PDA

View Full Version : New Update 3|06|07

StK Squenc
03-06-2007, 12:57 PM
We've just finished an enormous update to our music system to make the harps and bells of RuneScape's music all the sweeter.

Firstly, we've changed the underlying technology used to play the music. We've completely rewritten the music player from scratch, so it now uses a bank of instruments built into the game itself rather than using whatever your soundcard happens to have. This has the advantage that the music sounds the same regardless of your computer, rather than varying from machine to machine. This in turn allows us to fine-tune the music exactly, instead of having to try to get something which generally works. Our new music technology should also be more compatible, meaning the music works correctly on more operating systems and soundcards than before!

Secondly, we've gone through every single song in the game, (a huge undertaking: there are nearly 500 songs), and hand-tuned each one to sound optimal with our new instrument set! As a result, many of the songs are sounding better than ever before, and you can finally hear them as we intended them to sound.

You may also notice the shiny new button on the log-in page. This lets you turn off the log-in music to preserve your speakers while you pop off to get a snack or take a break, all without interfering with your music settings in-game.

So, if you've been put off listening to the music for one reason or another, now's the time to turn it on and enjoy the ambient delights!

We're still planning some more tweaks to the system to improve your auditory experience, so keep checking the front page for news.

In other news...

In addition to the big soundbank update today, we've added 'equip sounds' to armour and weapons.

Better dig out some protective headgear: the zombie pirates are back, and hungrier than ever for grey matter! Robbing innocent monks of their piece(s) of mind, crashing ships into their harmonious island monastery and generally raining on their pious parade - these scurvy dogs have set up a literal 'chop shop' in the once hallowed halls. Are there no depths to which they will not stoop? If you want to help out the cranially-challenged clergy and claim the reward for shifting the sort of headaches that even a willow bark infusion cannot remove, then speak to Brother Tranquility on Mos le'Harmless for details. New rewards - from craftable felines to the most nautical weapon in the game - await those players with the skill and know-how to foil the Great Brain Robbery!

In other news...

In the basement of the Tower of Life, players were finding they could steal other people's frogeels from combat. This has now been fixed.

Wow the first one is preety cool. New music sound and everything. They also changed the log in page. A little bit..I dont think this will effect SRL that much so no need to worry :D

julle13
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
I never liked rs musics, if I play rs legally I'd rather listen my own musics.

Ruroken
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
niceeee. When me and my friends go pking the loading music annoys the hell out of us. (no i will NOT play on low detail :p)

Jason2gs
03-06-2007, 05:06 PM

I'm with ya there :D

StK Squenc
03-07-2007, 12:30 AM
yea rs music isnt all that great so im gonna stick to my tracks..

Jason2gs
03-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Unless... There's a whole new brance of autoing...

if(HearSound('Sound here'))then

V3-C
03-07-2007, 03:11 AM
SCAR has sound detecting functions if you didnt know. -_-

TheGodfather
03-07-2007, 03:46 AM

I wonder who told you that

legendaryhero90
03-07-2007, 06:08 AM

really!?!?!

i didnt know that!!!

amen to that! ^^^^ :p

Pinqvin
03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
PlaySound is the only function I can find in the basic SCAR that has something to do with sound.

Anyways my own (trash/black/industrial/heavy)metal > rs's music any day...

smills.smx
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Also , theyve made 3rd party clients that have world buttons illegal ( again )
They want you to switch world by using the rs site , they didnt put this up as an update on main page , but people were " Protesting " about it on w27 , they updated rule 7 without telling us....kinda f'ed up if you ask me.

Cheesehunk
03-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Shocker made a plugin to detect sound. I played around with it a bit but it never worked for me.. Maybe now, since all the music sounds the same, it could benefit us?

Smartzkid
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Wasn't it pretty inaccurate?

Might be useful if we rebuilt it...

roM3
03-09-2007, 09:19 AM
For new update..UID stores in C:\WINDOWS\.file_store_32....back as before...just for info..

Drew_Dawg
03-17-2007, 09:23 PM
i hate the music on the login page, especially if i'm trying to play legit

my rs is loading up and all i here is a bunch of jumbled up crap from the login page messin with my itunes