PDA

View Full Version : --New users (RsBuddy, PowerBot, etc.)--

Flight
11-05-2011, 03:17 AM
We've all noticed a huge rate of new comers just recently joining the SRL forums, so this thread is made in the assumption most of you are from RsBuddy.

First of all, the big difference between us and every other Java bot is: "We aim to blend in". It's as simple as that. You won't see armies of accounts doing the same exact task, as fast as possible, for the most production in an amount of time. We don't work like this.

Secondly, some of you are asking isf Simba and SMART safe to use, as well as the general ban rate. Simba by itself is 100% safe to use, infact no client-loading is required, you can run Simba in a regularly loaded Runescape client, but this will take away your functionality of mouse and keyboard. You'll learn about that later. The ban rate, for color itself, is undetermined (~2%), as far as we've ever known. Scripts are written and the responsibility l lies on the script writer. We have had a very few banned from reflection scripts, but would that really surprise you?

One more key aspect to keep in mind is this community itself does not revolve around Runescape 'botting'. This is a programming and learning community first, botting community second.

Where to go now? Well you're in luck, we have the most helpful community you've ever known and probably ever will know. With this being said we have a huge number of members who will help you with anything you'd like to accomplish. Simba and the SRL include have done the hard part for you, so you have an incredible amount of resources at your fingertips; so use them.

Introduction to the SRL forums (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=826876)
The "How to auto" forum section (http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
Newcomers guide (http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
Setting up for autoing (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60510)
Tutorial island (EVERYTHING you need to know about scripting) (http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=191)

In conclusion to this, everything you knew about Runescape botting, at this point, doesn't mean much. If you really want to be a part of the community then you're going to have to re-think everything. Above all, welcome to our community! :spongebob:

~Flight

senrath
11-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Slightly inaccurate. The ban rate on color is "undetermined". We've had people banned in the past, although not many.

DeSnob
11-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Slightly inaccurate. The ban rate on color is "undetermined". We've had people banned in the past, although not many.

I'd say 5% chance? We've had people lose a whole army before..

i luffs yeww
11-05-2011, 03:41 AM
I'd say it's hard to say anything definitively.. People get banned if they're unlucky, really. I've botted nearly 1-99 craft in about 100 hours nonstop and didn't get banned because I talked to people while botting (in game), and so I didn't get reported or anything (at least that's what I think kept me from not being banned, since the script had no antiban or anything, it was less than 50 lines in color). Poor practice and/or bad luck == ban. Which is why rid can say nobody using them has gotten banned using their 'technique' of botting.

Flight
11-05-2011, 03:50 AM
I'd say it's hard to say anything definitively.. People get banned if they're unlucky, really. I've botted nearly 1-99 craft in about 100 hours nonstop and didn't get banned because I talked to people while botting (in game), and so I didn't get reported or anything (at least that's what I think kept me from not being banned, since the script had no antiban or anything, it was less than 50 lines in color). Poor practice and/or bad luck == ban. Which is why rid can say nobody using them has gotten banned using their 'technique' of botting.

That seems to be the key factor in ban rate; chat. We've come a long way since those days at which color might have been detectable. I say it'd be a wise idea to invest some time into the cautoresponder.

PatDuffy
11-05-2011, 03:57 AM
That seems to be the key factor in ban rate; chat. We've come a long way since those days at which color might have been detectable. I say it'd be a wise idea to invest some time into the cautoresponder.

That's a good idea! Most conversations you see while training skills pretty much consist of the same basic statements. You can easily start a conversation about the level of the skill then say your turning your chat back off to talk in clan chat or something of the like, so people think your just not talking in public.

Dan Cardin
11-05-2011, 04:09 AM
i still think that the best way would be to have it get all text, find which text pertains to you, then when it does, send the text to irc, have a real person respond, then have the script respond with the irc text. keywords could be made for $wc_level and whatnot, and it would rely on a nice, open, community of people willing to help others.

EDIT: i believe something like this was done to break Capchas? send it to real people then the bot, inputs what the person said it was. Same basic principle.

i luffs yeww
11-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Another difficult part about autoresponders is sometimes people will say things like "nice mage" or something when someone's wearing a mage cape to initiate a conversation, which is hard to keep track of. Also knowing that people cutting ivy tend to talk to people not cutting yews, and vice versa.

Also some will say things like "whoa, nice torva." or "dang, you rich?" if you have expensive stuff, which means knowledge of stats and items are often necessary.

Flight
11-05-2011, 04:19 AM
i still think that the best way would be to have it get all text, find which text pertains to you, then when it does, send the text to irc, have a real person respond, then have the script respond with the irc text. keywords could be made for $wc_level and whatnot, and it would rely on a nice, open, community of people willing to help others.

EDIT: i believe something like this was done to break Capchas? send it to real people then the bot, inputs what the person said it was. Same basic principle.

Now I like that irc idea, I didn't think about that. I wonder though, what happens if your name isn't mentioned when you're asked a question? What if the chat reads something like "Fishing level?" Maybe non-user specific questions like that could be handled within the script. We could even make a .ini database for all possible 'basic' questions asked (including mistakes, so it'd be a HUGE database) and give a random answer to that question also based on a 'response database'.

euphemism
11-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Now I like that irc idea, I didn't think about that. I wonder though, what happens if your name isn't mentioned when you're asked a question? What if the chat reads something like "Fishing level?" Maybe non-user specific questions like that could be handled within the script. We could even make a .ini database for all possible 'basic' questions asked (including mistakes, so it'd be a HUGE database) and give a random answer to that question also based on a 'response database'.

There was a thread that had discussed all of this, and someone setup a database for people to submit text to in order to categorize all text seen in Runescape. The project never took off, I think. I will look for it.

grats
11-05-2011, 05:37 AM
What flight meant is color can't get you banned.. he is correct.. unlike reflection which can be detected, client and all.. color itself can't really

leaving anything on will get you in trouble eventually, even having a fan that clicks stuff will get you in trouble. I've used color for around 7 years on my main never getting any type of warning but I talk while my bot runs its stuff

Yea, I read that about capchas.. I'd have no problem responding to irc stuff like that, usually a simple message I handle 20+ conversations at once on the norm

Coh3n
11-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Nice post, Flight. :)

onilika
11-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Jolly Good Text Flight!
The key of all this is: socialize, or you get report :b
Now that irc idea seems to be great. Perhaps a poll or something would help us , having green light or not?

Nava2
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Stickied until this moment passes.

Nicely done :)

Decision
11-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice guide too bad I found things out before this thread was made :P

wtfje
11-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Well I'm of the new guys. But I used scar like 5 years ago I think. I remember it was one of the first working bots. (I used it to fight - but i've never heart of simba before)

But I was wondering does this bot support random events? (Do I have to set it up or how it works?)

NCDS
11-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Well I'm of the new guys. But I used scar like 5 years ago I think. I remember it was one of the first working bots. (I used it to fight - but i've never heart of simba before)

But I was wondering does this bot support random events? (Do I have to set it up or how it works?)

The SRL include handles randoms.

Check the tutorial island section of the forums and you will find everythign you need on how to set things up. OR, perhaps just read the first post of this thread? :rolleyes:

wtfje
11-07-2011, 01:03 AM

Check the tutorial island section of the forums and you will find everythign you need on how to set things up. OR, perhaps just read the first post of this thread? :rolleyes:

I did sir, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. Apparently I didn't search good enough. Thx anyway for the answer :) .

NCDS
11-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I did sir, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. Apparently I didn't search good enough. Thx anyway for the answer :) .

I mean the links given in the post. they link you to the necessary tutorials to set things up.

popsmight
11-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Scar was the first program I ever used to bot. Then I switched to rsbots and now I'm back haha :). I'm glad to see this is still working :D.

gaetano
11-07-2011, 04:40 AM
It wasn't because of rsbuddy that went down for me to come here. People were raging that there are no bots blah blah, then I noticed that coloured bots worked. Then I instantly thought, SRL!!@@!@@!!@

BraK
11-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Flight I like your links they look to be very familiar somehow. :rolleyes:

Flight
11-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Flight I like your links they look to be very familiar somehow. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're talking about.... :hypocrite:

GhostOfXBox
11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
guys RSBuddy had a talking bot feature. It was open source and it would send all nearby text to a website. The site would then use AI get a answer and make the person talk.

onilika
11-08-2011, 01:42 PM
guys RSBuddy had a talking bot feature. It was open source and it would send all nearby text to a website. The site would then use AI get a answer and make the person talk.

With things about daily life. like:

person A: Hey! How are you?
AI: I'm great! Thanks for asking! How about you?
person A: I'm good to! Just leveled Fletching!
AI: I don't know what that means. (correct answer would be: That's great! What level are you now?)

See what I mean. We would have to re-program it for RS lines...

Something like that.

neley
11-16-2011, 11:12 PM

Not always, its only ever done a few randoms for me, I've had to do the rest :S

Echo_
11-17-2011, 12:06 AM
You should include a tutorial for members applications in your links since some of the newer members don't really understand the concept.

Yago
11-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Not always, its only ever done a few randoms for me, I've had to do the rest :S

They are currently being worked on. Nothing is ever perfect. You can help this by donating accounts inside the randoms to a Random Developer.

Brianop
12-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I was looking for a post like this, thanks bro.

omegaangelz
12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I hadn't even noticed this post after the bot nuke, but very useful to all of those are commuting to our community. I came back to SRL after the nuke, and was satisfied to find the community in tact and as functional as always. time to start on my MSI guide to hopefully help those who still can't figure it out :)

hutt132
12-24-2011, 12:03 AM
I came here from RSBuddy and hope to learn a few thinks about scripting. (:

seekerpotter
03-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks for this info, its important to know how simba is distinguished from the rest.

KCI
05-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks, I'm a newcomer myself and I aim to learn how to script on Simba. I have no prior experience though :(

masterBB
05-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks, I'm a newcomer myself and I aim to learn how to script on Simba. I have no prior experience though :(

Few of us started as programmers. It is fun to do and it won't take long till you're able to release your first script. I heard Yohojo his video tutorials are great for the absolute beginner.

turkkanka
05-25-2012, 02:51 PM
From powerbot here, devs at PB take ages to update the their client, I'm using Simba so far i love.

iBot24Seven
11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Well i went from RSbuddy to epicbot and the community here seems great hopeing to learn how simba works. In the long run id like to learn alot more about scripting and perhaps give it a go myself. We shall see :-)

Benny
11-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Well i went from RSbuddy to epicbot and the community here seems great hopeing to learn how simba works. In the long run id like to learn alot more about scripting and perhaps give it a go myself. We shall see :-)

Welcome. Take a look at the Tut's and you should be on your way!

Swifte
11-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Ban rates really depend on what script the botter is using, and how often he or she uses it.

DrMopar
02-08-2013, 08:47 PM
I was a powerbot fan boy...not anymore..I'd rather write my own program's for free, than be at the mercy of other people. Let alone all the trolling that goes on..It's funny a few times...but after that it gets annoying! Hello everyone!!

Welcome bro! I am a newcomer myself! I wish you luck! I dove right into the tut's and in four day's have learned quite a deal!! Coh3n's tut is the bomb. I would check it out.

Ashaman88
02-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the cool kids place :)

Be sure to check out the faq and intro guides!

missicbc
12-15-2014, 12:49 PM
We've had people banned in the past, although not many.

Quietess
12-17-2014, 07:16 AM
Not even sure why anyone would use powerbot at this point.

Atom
01-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Powerbot's injection method is simply suicide, and not only that, they also use a modified client, so its basically a double strike on your acc.

SirPrize
02-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Yeah I came here from powerboat, they implemented a two hour time limit if you don't pay every month and it wasn't nearly good enough to be worth my money. I've had several problems with simba so far although I suspect most of the error is on my end, and could be fixed with a better knowledge of scripting which I will hopefully pick up here.

Fr3akNL
05-05-2015, 10:28 PM
I like simba over all bots. Opensource ftw