PDA

View Full Version : MacroScape?

Sp0rky
03-07-2007, 03:32 AM
I was just in a members world, running wizzups ess miner script, and there were about 8 others with me, all CLEARLY using the same script (level range from 3 - 18), I studied them all and everything they did showed they were using the ess miner, aswell as not responding.

I mean, this is getting silly. We were the only ones there, the macroers. I didn't stay there because I'm bound to get banned in amongst those lot.

Anyone else notice the rise in macroing?

It used to be a select few that would risk their accounts, now everyone is just making nubs and macroing and not caring.

Anyone else finding this? Or is it just me?

TheGodfather
03-07-2007, 03:37 AM
yeah, there are alot of macroers, but not as much as RSC unfortunatly, (not yet, I can't wait to see 1 out of 3 players macroing. Nowdays depending on where your at, there'd be 1 out of 9 people that use macros. Another reason in the rise of macroers ( I feel like everybody knows about macroing ) is how generous this forum is by havin pub script section

Sp0rky
03-07-2007, 04:00 AM
Ye, I totally agree, I believe without this forum there would be the same amount of macroers, just with scripts that fuck up after 5 mins. lol.

kushal
03-07-2007, 06:23 AM
macroing makes runescape work....think about it for a minute what would happen if no1 macroed? who would get the more and more ess that people need since there r more players now, what about feathers? flax? bs? willows? yews??

syberium
03-07-2007, 07:20 AM
basicly rs needs us. whether they want 2 admit or not, were the roots of the rs economy. at least the lot of us with armys not just 1 player who is a main(ftw)? lol

Deni_mulic
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Hell yeah, like a million people use Wizzup's VEM, 90% of them lv3s, who i instantly report :P, Getting really annoying.
Anyway its pretty obvious cause it doesnt mine the closest rock and says the same thing when u trade em :o

Mjordan
03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
yeah i dont think Wizzup? shoulda released his essence miner or VEM to the free scripts. there are just way too many level 3 autoers now

stilfly
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
simply report the lvl 3s -.-

Hey321
03-07-2007, 12:34 PM
What good will that do stilfy? If you report them, in about 5 minutes another one will replace him if he is banned. Report that one and another will come, there's to many, it's not worth our while. We just have to do as much as we can to get as humanlike as possible, that way jagex THINKS we're humans and leaves us alone and bans the level 3's.

lefamaster
03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
How important is the "first self created script" to become a member? I am down to support this community til the end. I suck at scripting though, mainly due to lack of time to invest into it. I built a simple "cut and Burn" mainly composed of other peoples examples, and will give credit where due. I am kinda afraid to apply for member due to my crappy scripting talent as of now. I personally spend a nice chunk of time on this community forum, but is it memeber worthy. The public side of it is growing dangerous though I agree. Was going to use VEM by wizzup, but scoped the area out and it was packed by lvl 3's.

I guess the question is, where to draw the line, and who is on what side after it is drawn.

Sp0rky
03-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Lol, it's funny how we get annoyed by people within our own cheating circles.

Wizzup?
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I can't imagine all those level 3 bots people that use my script.
Most of them gotta be either a java bot or just a chinese rs player.
Unless they all block SRL Stats ofcourse..
Meh, I cannot imagine people use my script that much. :p
Well.. at least not 8 each world.

Sp0rky
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
lol, seriously, its way more popular than you think.

Its TOO good. lol. Every time I mine ess I see at least 4 people using your script. I'll take vids if you want to prove it :P

m0u53m4t
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Every script I get I change a bit. That way, if I'm in amongst cheaters, people don't think I'm the same because I say different things etc.

Smartzkid
03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
One word: Money.

Normal players hear that you can make easy cash, go snooping around a bit, find a macro site, and start macroing.

But they're still normal people. We are the scripters. They will always be there, always leeching, sucking life from communities. But we will also always be here; improving on old scripts; making new ones; WE are the life of the community. Leechers are like Jagex, always trying to thwart us, whether they mean to or not. They are a necessary evil. We were all leechers once. If we hadn't been leechers...hadn't taken the risk...none of us would be here now...no SCAR...no SRL...no autoers. Thus, while leechers can, and do, negatively impact a community, many advance on to become scripters; some are better than others, but all are scripters. Keep this in mind before you flame someone for 'leeching'. Remember your origins. We were all leechers once

But yes, I agree that there is a problem with people overly macroing. It's a problem easily created, and not easily solved. To solve it, we will all have to work together as a community. I will do my part by keeping the better of my scripts for the members forums. That is only one of many possible solutions. The time will come for you to choose: will you release your scripts to leechers who, potentially, will abuse it; will you release only to members; will you just keep all your scripts private; will you just quit scripting?

The choice is yours; No one can force a solution upon you. Next time you're going to release a script, think about this post, and think about what's best for the community.

Sp0rky
03-08-2007, 02:16 AM
How very profound, but there is alot of truth in what you're saying.

lefamaster
03-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Seriously though....I see a line being drawn in the sand here. I'll represent "leechers" and play devils advocate. So I don't script. I am way too noob to be considered much more than a "chicken" in these parts of forum land.....but I have particpated, and kept alive a quest of my own.

I've ran scripts 24/7 for days...i am too blame for some of this i think.

anyone agree?

Sp0rky
03-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Well, as Smartzkid said, theres no-one really to blame, because we were all leechers once.

If you auto responsibily, without using standard clothed level 3 chars with un-original obvious names, then it makes things alot better :P

syberium
03-08-2007, 04:16 AM
i think we just need to add the GetCombat Function to SetupSRL; and if the combat is below 15-20 wich ever we vote on setting the cap at(if it happens) then it will writeln('Lvl ur chars above(CharCap) then u may use this script. Although this could be easily deleted BUT ur average Run of the mill leecher will be clueless how to change it, thefore fixing some of of the problem

macromacro123
03-08-2007, 04:24 AM
lol i was going to release my varrok yew cutter changed ideao lol thx smatzkid

macromacro123
03-08-2007, 04:31 AM
i want to release my scripts to the members of the community how can i do this?????? i really want to!

Secet
03-09-2007, 06:09 PM
One word: Money.

Normal players hear that you can make easy cash, go snooping around a bit, find a macro site, and start macroing.

But they're still normal people. We are the scripters. They will always be there, always leeching, sucking life from communities. But we will also always be here; improving on old scripts; making new ones; WE are the life of the community. Leechers are like Jagex, always trying to thwart us, whether they mean to or not. They are a necessary evil. We were all leechers once. If we hadn't been leechers...hadn't taken the risk...none of us would be here now...no SCAR...no SRL...no autoers. Thus, while leechers can, and do, negatively impact a community, many advance on to become scripters; some are better than others, but all are scripters. Keep this in mind before you flame someone for 'leeching'. Remember your origins. We were all leechers once

But yes, I agree that there is a problem with people overly macroing. It's a problem easily created, and not easily solved. To solve it, we will all have to work together as a community. I will do my part by keeping the better of my scripts for the members forums. That is only one of many possible solutions. The time will come for you to choose: will you release your scripts to leechers who, potentially, will abuse it; will you release only to members; will you just keep all your scripts private; will you just quit scripting?

The choice is yours; No one can force a solution upon you. Next time you're going to release a script, think about this post, and think about what's best for the community.

Very good post.

I don't mind if I see lvl 50-60 players macroing, but it REALLY pisses me off if I see about 50 lvl 3 characters with names like wc3536,wc63464,wc53747,wc85764 and etc.

I have soon finished my Draynor cutter & banker, and I was going to make it free for all, but because of this post I want it to be only for SRL members. If I don't accepted (10 yes - 9 no by far :) ), I'll ask like Ron or someone else to post it for members only.

We really need to work to get rid off those lvl 3 autoers, it's very disrespectful against Jagex and all other players, and it's certainly isn't funny.

I suggest that any, even little better than avarage, scripts shouldn't be posted for normal members, because it will just lead to those lvl 3ers. Common thinking is:"kk i r hax runescape now. I don't want to get my main banned so I'll just create lvl 3 account and let it auto in Lumbridge. People doesn't realize that you can auto on your mains too, pretty safely.

botmaster
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
To stop leechers, simple idea: When the script runs, grab the combat level of the potential l33cher and compare it to the level needed to run a script without being called "l33cher" (arround level 25 ). If the level is correct, keep the guy autoing. If it is too low, make the script kill itself and overwrite the script file with gibberish.

One could even go so far as to compare whether the names in the playerarray have common phrases; but that's a lil too far already, i guess :p.

Anyhow, noob l33chers who can't script will try to disable the anti-leech protection, but will fail cause they can't script. They will learn how to script and in the process (hopefully) pick up good autoing habits on the forums here. :D

Ruroken
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes but we NEED leechers.

And if you can find me someone who scripts now that didnt leech at one point i'll be impressed.

So the leecher of today could be the scripter of tomorrow.

Plus we need google ad clickers

Secet
03-09-2007, 08:45 PM

And if you can find me someone who scripts now that didnt leech at one point i'll be impressed.

Got one alive example here.

In my opinion LEECHING isn't really the problem, but that problem is that people macro with lvl 3s and so on, they ruin the art of not getting banned. And that's what I hate. Leeching is okay, behaving against "macroing rules" isn't.

Boreas
03-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Perhaps my anti level 3 proc will make it into SRL :p

macromacro123
03-09-2007, 11:40 PM
lol i auto on lvls 12 but i use my own script... i also have 11 lvls 3 but i auto on my own scripts.

Sp0rky
03-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Lol, its obvious by this post that autoing n mains ISNT safe :P

warbeak1245
03-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I was just in a members world, running wizzups ess miner script, and there were about 8 others with me, all CLEARLY using the same script (level range from 3 - 18), I studied them all and everything they did showed they were using the ess miner, aswell as not responding.

I mean, this is getting silly. We were the only ones there, the macroers. I didn't stay there because I'm bound to get banned in amongst those lot.

Anyone else notice the rise in macroing?

It used to be a select few that would risk their accounts, now everyone is just making nubs and macroing and not caring.

Anyone else finding this? Or is it just me?

yeah, what's really fun(ny) is to close the door to aubury's rune shop as they try to walk out, then they will get stuck and log out... repeat until they go through all their users, then they will stop macroing. yay? maybe wizzup can fix that somehow? but for now, it's pretty fun(ny)...

lefamaster
03-10-2007, 12:25 AM
I have soon finished my Draynor cutter & banker, and I was going to make it free for all, but because of this post I want it to be only for SRL members. If I don't accepted (10 yes - 9 no by far ), I'll ask like Ron or someone else to post it for members only.

Is this the answer? Just keep cutting away at what scripts are available for public use? The lack of information will eventuall cath up with us all i am afraid:

and that is the truth.

Perhaps my anti level 3 proc will make it into SRL

and as always Boreas can provide SOME solution. awesome!

I like that...Lets be proactive as opposed to restrictive...show them what autoing is and what it should not be.

Smartzkid
03-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Perhaps my anti level 3 proc will make it into SRL :p

Would it be possible for you to pm that to me? I'll probably make one myself, but I'd like to see how you did it

snuwoods
03-10-2007, 01:16 AM
I'd like to say that lvl 3 macroing is wrong, but I'll admit I do it myself:redface: ...
But then again, I ran WT's Goblin Scheduler overnight and now they're around lvl 20:D
I think it also depends on how many you use though...starting an army should either be legit until lvl 15 or so, or just growing one lvl 3 nub at a time(autoing).
That's just my view:garfield:

deathwish123
03-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Well, I have to say this. I'm a leacher, but once I get some time I hope to fix that. Who knows? I might become the next Boreas (I wish.. :P) I do think something should be done about the level 3's. I personally have lvl 35's and they do not attract much attention. spot:

Boreas
03-10-2007, 04:02 AM
Smartz-pm sent

death-aim higher

legendaryhero90
03-10-2007, 04:21 AM

sad that its not the same with I-bot and ARGA...

Geo
03-10-2007, 07:12 AM
hey yea go to draynor in world maybe 119 - 136 in f2p and see how many f'in greean pants beige shirts people there are lol it was like macro city when i was there with my macro lol

my macro is lvl 26 so i am good (i think)

Dunceiam
03-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Or maybe a total reformat of the forums? Such as, there could be many levels of the forums. The first level being for "New-Users". And only some scripts would be in that section, but all the scripts in this section should be pretty basic, not like Wizzup's VEM, or their GuildMiner. So the section would also be good for testing out scripts, plus other purposes :). Then there would be the, "Intermediete Section". Where the scripts become a bit more advanced, and a bit better. Then maybe an "Expert Section", where the really good free scripts would be posted. And then of course, the "Member's Section" which would contain the best scripts available.

Now, as for moving up ranks. Either SRL-Members could nominate one person every month to move up a rank. Or you could just keep it based on how much reputation you have, also how active you are, and how much you "donate" to the community.

Just a suggestion that would minimize the ammount of lvl-3 autoers out there.

-Dunceiam

warbeak1245
03-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Or maybe a total reformat of the forums? Such as, there could be many levels of the forums. The first level being for "New-Users". And only some scripts would be in that section, but all the scripts in this section should be pretty basic, not like Wizzup's VEM, or their GuildMiner. So the section would also be good for testing out scripts, plus other purposes :). Then there would be the, "Intermediete Section". Where the scripts become a bit more advanced, and a bit better. Then maybe an "Expert Section", where the really good free scripts would be posted. And then of course, the "Member's Section" which would contain the best scripts available.

Now, as for moving up ranks. Either SRL-Members could nominate one person every month to move up a rank. Or you could just keep it based on how much reputation you have, also how active you are, and how much you "donate" to the community.

Just a suggestion that would minimize the ammount of lvl-3 autoers out there.

-Dunceiam

and how are you supposed to move up the ranks? keep in mind mopar also has a free scripts section, although, it is a pain to sign up for it, have been waiting a week for my activation email, and posting to advance through the different levels of forums would be frickin retarded, what would you post? yes, i simply love the auto click on inventory script, i could never click on the inventory before without it, it moves perfectly, no errors... i mean seriously... what are they supposed to do without any usable shit?

Dunceiam
03-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Haha..:) They're not just auto-clickers and auto-clickers in that section. But a couple chicken killer, power cutter, powerr miners, power fishers. But no scripts that are designed to make any money yet. But only to train up your characters until you can use the scripts that can bank.

And it was just a suggestion...:p
-Dunceiam

snuwoods
03-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Spanning the land between that Port Sarim and Lumbridge, even further, there are insane amounts of macros. Whether it be on the yews inbetween or the willows in Sarim, you see them everywhere :mad: ...but I've been thinking, would it be safe to make a script that would report macros every 60 seconds or so? :confused:

RAM
03-11-2007, 02:29 PM
i want to release my scripts to the members of the community how can i do this?????? i really want to!

How about on your Membership Application ;)

RAM

botmaster
03-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I dunno, SRL members is more about how obsessed with cheating RS you are, rather than how good you are at scripting. It doesn't really mean that much to me, as I know that eventually SRL and RuneScape will both fade away into limbo, at the latest 2009. Scripting however, will remain popular far into the 21'st century.

Learning to use a library is kinda a waste of time, I think. Unless that library remains stable, is error free and is actually of some use (besides cheating a pointless game).

Please, I don't mean this to offend anyone. No flames please.

This is partially the reason I didn't join SRL members, and I won't do so. I'm purely interested in scripting, and SCAR isn't the only language I'm learning. The more I learn, the more I see how pathetic most libraries are. C++, GNU libraries, JAVA code snippets, they are all eventually superceded by more useful ones. Especially this cheating one.

Smartzkid
03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Spanning the land between that Port Sarim and Lumbridge, even further, there are insane amounts of macros. Whether it be on the yews inbetween or the willows in Sarim, you see them everywhere :mad: ...but I've been thinking, would it be safe to make a script that would report macros every 60 seconds or so? :confused:

:D THANKS SO MUCH! :p You just came up with the greatest script idea EVA! =D I think I'm gonna make somethin' to do exactly that. 'Macros fighting macros'!

~TY; don't worry, you'll be in the credits =)

legendaryhero90
03-13-2007, 12:59 AM
:D THANKS SO MUCH! :p You just came up with the greatest script idea EVA! =D I think I'm gonna make somethin' to do exactly that. 'Macros fighting macros'!

~TY; don't worry, you'll be in the credits =)

good luck with that since ive been reporting macros for the last 2 months and i was playing legit while doing so and they are still not banned since i still see them on each and every single freakin day!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sp0rky
03-13-2007, 01:29 AM
@Smartzkid
this has already been suggested :P

It's harder then it sounds.

n3ss3s
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Smartkidz............Dat wuz Beautiful! :D:D:D
Wizzup , yes they are using youre script , i was watching ur esser mining in world 3. Yes,lot of people, not lot of notice.
There were like 12 guys at the ess, i spoke with few 3 lvls no one responded , after like 10 minutes someone asked me "U know Wizzup?" :D
Ruroken , "Google Ad Clickers" ? neva heard before , but interested

Dunceiam
03-22-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm not sure, but I believe that every time someone on a website clicks on a google ad, they (web-site owner) gets 5 cents or something. So I'm guessing we need scripts to keep clicking google ads? :p

-Dunceiam

!bezo!
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
I think people come find this forum because they want some macroing programs then find out and begin to want to make their own and thats how our community grows.