PDA

View Full Version : Religion - A Load of HOAX

V3-C
03-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Hello, if you are a religious person then this thread is not for you. :P

Point 1:

In the beggining there was nothing, god created HEAVEN and EARTH, on the 7th day he said: let there be light and light appeared.

Contradiction:

*God Created Heaven and Earth .... In the DARKNESS, HAX!
*There can not be such a THING as DAY if there was no light in the first place, since god created LIGHT on day 7, how can it be a DAY 7 if there wasno damn light to count in the first place? - HAX!?

Point 2:

God served 3 punishments to Adam, Eve and the Serpent (Lucifer):sasmokin: .

Contradiction:

* God gave humans HARSH, profound punishements.
* God gave the DAMN SNAKE a punishementallright... "Though Shalt Crawl on your Belly for the Eternity of your Life" - The Snake's Responce: "OH Yeeeessssss!!... I mena NOOOOO, oh noOOOO!!! Terrible Punishmentoh man... I have to crawl on my belly... damn man how did you know that was my weakpoint???? /cry" = THE DAMN SNAKE ALLREADY CRAWLS ON THE BLOODY BELLY why the fuck would he give somethign the snake does as a punishment?? Snake cudnt believe its luck... damn. I mean seriously now, did the snake teleport or float in mid air before god made it crawl on its belly? DId it jump on its tail?

I have assertedthese point by myself whilst reading the first chapter of the Bible, pleasediscuss or add to this.

Thanks
:f:

I Karma I
03-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Uhm, okay, you're going to hell.

cause
03-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Well, I think you're a load of hoax, but just one small point as I briefly perused your opinion, serpents didn't crawl on their belly at the time of decite, all though this is not proven, it is highly logical. Another point, I think God is a little more advanced than to be disproven by some 12 year old on a rampage.
EDIT: When God created the earth, he used the time system of days before they were invented so we would have a time frame.

cause

WhiteShadow
03-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Even if there is no such thing as Jesus and God I still believe in it, because God gives hope. Just the idea of a greater power watching / helping you gives a person hope.

seaking
03-07-2007, 06:31 AM
Uhm, okay, you're going to hell.

Had to repeat that.

Another point, I think God is a little more advanced than to be disproven by some 12 year old on a rampage.

And that.

Now my stuff. Ok, I may not be the most religious person around, but you gotta think; there is a lot of space for confusion in this topic. Think of how many religions there are, you are pointing at one of them, yet you fail to announce which. Many religions are very similar; what caused this? Misunderstandings. What you are saying = very similar.

My point... this isn't proven, and no one really knows for sure. So you can't go flaming GOD, because there are a lot of different views on this, and many different possibilities for misinterpretation. Compare it to MapWalking; sometimes it messes up and goes waaay to far, then is way off track. That is because it missed something far back. The better the script, the more people use it (which means it is more stable). The more people in a religion is usually a sign that it is stable (believable). A better script has less chance of getting off track; likewise, a stronger religion has less of a chance of straying; even though it will.

Wow, I just compared SCAR to religion. That was amazing. I hope I can do something amazing like that on my 3 in class essays tomorrow...

V3-C
03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, I think you're a load of hoax, but just one small point as I briefly perused your opinion, serpents didn't crawl on their belly at the time of decite, all though this is not proven, it is highly logical. Another point, I think God is a little more advanced than to be disproven by some 12 year old on a rampage.
EDIT: When God created the earth, he used the time system of days before they were invented so we would have a time frame.

cause

Mate, if you going to take my humorous discussion personally, accuse me of being 12, and if you think I am going to reply to you, then really, you've come to the wrong thread. :redface:

I am not a religious person, I follow my own instincts, not my parent's. I studied astrophysics, and from what I know - there is a greater force, its called Gravity, I will post the generallised theory later on.

From what I read, you are saying that it is logical that snakes didnt crawl on thier bellies right? Mate come on, think of it, have you ever seen a snake fly? Can you imagine a snake walking on 2 feet? Yep, I bet you cant. Snakes are invertibrates (perhaps im using the wrong word), meaning they cant support their own body weight on their spines, backbones. They are extremely flexible, the only means of transportation (correct me if Im wrong) for animals like these, are crawling movements on the ground. :duh:

I have noticed you mentioned: Time System of Days, mate, there is no such thing as days - if there is no such thing as light. Days - can not exist without light and so forth time contimium. :duh:

I seriously have nothing against you or religion I am simply posting my opinion on the matter, if you do not like it then I am not forcing you to read it. As forum members, we are not obliged to answer every single post.
:redface:

V3-C
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Had to repeat that.

My point... this isn't proven, and no one really knows for sure. So you can't go flaming GOD, because there are a lot of different views on this, and many different possibilities for misinterpretation.

What are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Its written in the bible: genesis chapter 1 mate, all the proof is there.

EDIT: sorry for double post.:stirthepot:

Jason2gs
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
You didn't read very closely, did you?

On the first day, God created light. On the seventh day, God rested.

V3-C
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
You didn't read very closely, did you?

On the first day, God created light. On the seventh day, God rested.

You know mate, I think you are right. I just looked it up and your right, well at least you pointed out my mistake instead of flaming me :redface:.

bullzeye95
03-07-2007, 10:24 PM
How true, V3-C :)

Yakman
03-07-2007, 10:43 PM
iv heard these before, on a stand-up comedy by Ricky Gervais, any chance you got this from there?

by the way, heres more material to work with
the devil was an angle called Lucifer, (the snake was also called Lucifer)
but in latin, that names literal meaning is 'Bringer of light' or 'Illuminator'
so why is the name of the devil mean something good like light and illumination?

V3-C
03-07-2007, 11:03 PM
iv heard these before, on a stand-up comedy by Ricky Gervais, any chance you got this from there?

so why is the name of the devil mean something good like light and illumination?

Ricky Gerbais Pwns, I watched The Office, Extras, Fame, Politics, Animals :D yeah I did get most of the points from the stand up comedy show.

Good observational skills there, Batman! ;)

Theres also one other fact:

(sarcastic Mode)

THe serpent was telling such evil things to Eve,he told her Knowledge is good! Really discusting stuff, he told her educating yourself is also good! Oh man that serpent was really trying to convice Eve that she shudnt be what god wants her to be: (Stupid and Worhipfull). Imean what kind of an evil person would want to gain knowledge. god wants us to be stupid and ignorant, son that we can worship him for longer?

(Normal Mode)
If not then why the heck would god want to deny us knowldge? Why would he LIE to Adam and Eve that eating the apple would kill them - where all it would do is open their eyes and show them the reality of life.

P.S Yakman im from London too :P

I Karma I
03-08-2007, 05:26 AM
By the way, if you think of it, DAY is just a word, everything is just a made up word. Humans created languages after seeing animals make noises at eachother, it could of been any word, it was just that word.

Ruroken
03-08-2007, 08:43 PM
....every time someone starts something like this they somehow make me reply, i guess people like you just generally piss me off.

Firstly. I don't make posts trying to poke holes in atheism, I have yet to see a thread like this. Why are atheists always out to attack religion? We don't harass you...

Alright, lets move on to why your entire post is complete bull. (Side note, I hate it when atheists pretend to understand the bible and read it just to flame it.)

You are reading the Bible Literally if you do this it will mean nothing. Catholics read the Bible Contextually meaning we find the deeper meaning in the words.

Example : When Jesus was asked "how many times should i forgive my neighbour?" he replied "70 times 7". Now all the literalists will only forgive 70 times 7 times but the contextuallists know that in Jesus' time the number resulting from 70 times 7. Would mean infinite because 70 times 7 would be a very, very big number in those times, almost infinite.

Another side note. No one was at the Garden of Eden to document what happened. So, this is just what we think happened. I doubt that it happened EXACTLY as written in Genesis or "the first chapter of the Bible" as you so inaccurately put it....so you cant really call it false, we don't know for sure if it is true.

Thus, all your Literalist views on Genesis are WRONG!

I will now begin to blow your theory to tiny, tiny blasphemous pieces.

*God Created Heaven and Earth .... In the DARKNESS, HAX!]

He IS God....he can do that kind of thing...

*There can not be such a THING as DAY if there was no light in the first place, since god created LIGHT on day 7, how can it be a DAY 7 if there was no damn light to count in the first place? - HAX!?

This one has already been dealt with...

God served 3 punishments to Adam, Eve and the Serpent (Lucifer)

They DID disobey him...

* God gave the DAMN SNAKE a punishement all right... "Though Shalt Crawl on your Belly for the Eternity of your Life" - The Snake's Responce: "OH Yeeeessssss!!... I mena NOOOOO, oh noOOOO!!! Terrible Punishmentoh man... I have to crawl on my belly... damn man how did you know that was my weakpoint???? /cry" = THE DAMN SNAKE ALLREADY CRAWLS ON THE BLOODY BELLY why the fuck would he give somethign the snake does as a punishment?? Snake cudnt believe its luck... damn. I mean seriously now, did the snake teleport or float in mid air before god made it crawl on its belly? DId it jump on its tail?

....maybe it means that the snake will never evolve :)

I have asserted these point by myself whilst reading the first chapter of the Bible, please discuss or add to this.

Please, continue, I want to read more of your insane, uninformed ramblings. Maybe you try to prove that God doesn't exist next time.

Note to All You Anti Religion People : 95% of the WORLD believe in some higher power, you going to argue with us all?

Note About Literallism / Contextuallism : Yes, I am aware that some strands of Christianity read the Bible literally, they just got how to read the Bible a little wrong, thats all. The Bible is supposed to be read contextually, and when it is done so most to all arguments against Christianity go up in smoke :rolleyes:

EDIT @ YAKMAN : Maybe "Lucifer" does mean "Illuminator" but remember....he WAS an angel, and he did get Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit and because of that they saw right and wrong. Thats illumination if i ever saw it.

Yakman
03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
this is what i got from translating lucifer, i just wanted to be sure
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1498/luciferof3.th.png (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luciferof3.png)

about that 95% of the world beliving in a higher power,
iv heard of a theory that says that the human brain is programmed to belive in some sort of god, i guess this helps cavemen stop killing themselves every time they run out of food
e.g. "i wont kill myself cause god wont like it"

think about it, every culture in the world has relegeons, even ones that have been seperated for thousands of years, relegeon still finds it way there.

i agree with the bible taken too literally, like jesus said that bread and wine is his body and blood, differant sections of christianity belive if thats literal or not
theres also the thing about the virgin birth, also differant people have differant opinions

Ruroken
03-08-2007, 09:43 PM
about that 95% of the world beliving in a higher power,
iv heard of a theory that says that the human brain is programmed to belive in some sort of god, i guess this helps cavemen stop killing themselves every time they run out of food
e.g. "i wont kill myself cause god wont like it"

think about it, every culture in the world has relegeons, even ones that have been seperated for thousands of years, relegeon still finds it way there.

i agree with the bible taken too literally, like jesus said that bread and wine is his body and blood, differant sections of christianity belive if thats literal or not
theres also the thing about the virgin birth, also differant people have differant opinions

Yeah, the virgin birth makes a few people scared and angry :p

but i dont have the energy to go into right now.

Boreas
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Why are atheists always out to attack religion? We don't harass you...

Maybe you don't, but other religious people do. I agree with the rest of the post though.

Jason2gs
03-09-2007, 12:05 AM
You know mate, I think you are right. I just looked it up and your right, well at least you pointed out my mistake instead of flaming me :redface:.

I was very close to flaming you. I was.

Because Lucifer was a very powerful, very beautiful angle, until his greed got the best of him.

When he tried to overthrow God, another third of the angles in Heaven backed him. God didn't let them overthrow him, and as a punishment, kicked them out of Heaven, and down to earth.

syberium
03-09-2007, 01:33 AM
GUYS its almost pointless arguing against a concept such as relegion. I myself dont beleive in relegion but im not against it, nor am i for it. i beleive relegion is good and bad in and of itself. good because it teaches good things like thou shalt not kill. <-- thats good. But bad because some ppl will want to start wars over relegion with the mindset "my god can kick your gods ass!" that whole concept is just ludicrous. but back to my point, its alot easier to prove that something CAN exist that it is to prove something 100% false. its also the way theorys work, a theory can be made, sound plausable and therefore be beleived. its much harder to prove a theory wrong because its ONLY a THEORY. take evolution for example, its a theory no 100% facts proving it right, now more ppl beleive in it then the amount of ppl who dont. this is because its much easier to beleive this than it is to prove it wrong! because its just an idea! proving that god doesent exist, is like proving that "human love" doesent exist.

Jason2gs
03-09-2007, 01:47 AM
You're saying that God, the creator and ruler of the universe, is just an idea?!

Amazing...

V3-C
03-09-2007, 07:31 AM
....every time someone starts something like this they somehow make me reply, i guess people like you just generally piss me off.

Firstly. I don't make posts trying to poke holes in atheism, I have yet to see a thread like this. Why are atheists always out to attack religion? We don't harass you...

Alright, lets move on to why your entire post is complete bull. (Side note, I hate it when atheists pretend to understand the bible and read it just to flame it.)

You are reading the Bible Literally if you do this it will mean nothing. Catholics read the Bible Contextually meaning we find the deeper meaning in the words.

Example : When Jesus was asked "how many times should i forgive my neighbour?" he replied "70 times 7". Now all the literalists will only forgive 70 times 7 times but the contextuallists know that in Jesus' time the number resulting from 70 times 7. Would mean infinite because 70 times 7 would be a very, very big number in those times, almost infinite.

Another side note. No one was at the Garden of Eden to document what happened. So, this is just what we think happened. I doubt that it happened EXACTLY as written in Genesis or "the first chapter of the Bible" as you so inaccurately put it....so you cant really call it false, we don't know for sure if it is true.

Thus, all your Literalist views on Genesis are WRONG!

I will now begin to blow your theory to tiny, tiny blasphemous pieces.

*God Created Heaven and Earth .... In the DARKNESS, HAX!]

He IS God....he can do that kind of thing...

*There can not be such a THING as DAY if there was no light in the first place, since god created LIGHT on day 7, how can it be a DAY 7 if there was no damn light to count in the first place? - HAX!?

This one has already been dealt with...

God served 3 punishments to Adam, Eve and the Serpent (Lucifer)

They DID disobey him...

* God gave the DAMN SNAKE a punishement all right... "Though Shalt Crawl on your Belly for the Eternity of your Life" - The Snake's Responce: "OH Yeeeessssss!!... I mena NOOOOO, oh noOOOO!!! Terrible Punishmentoh man... I have to crawl on my belly... damn man how did you know that was my weakpoint???? /cry" = THE DAMN SNAKE ALLREADY CRAWLS ON THE BLOODY BELLY why the fuck would he give somethign the snake does as a punishment?? Snake cudnt believe its luck... damn. I mean seriously now, did the snake teleport or float in mid air before god made it crawl on its belly? DId it jump on its tail?

....maybe it means that the snake will never evolve :)

I have asserted these point by myself whilst reading the first chapter of the Bible, please discuss or add to this.

Please, continue, I want to read more of your insane, uninformed ramblings. Maybe you try to prove that God doesn't exist next time.

Note to All You Anti Religion People : 95% of the WORLD believe in some higher power, you going to argue with us all?

Note About Literallism / Contextuallism : Yes, I am aware that some strands of Christianity read the Bible literally, they just got how to read the Bible a little wrong, thats all. The Bible is supposed to be read contextually, and when it is done so most to all arguments against Christianity go up in smoke :rolleyes:

EDIT @ YAKMAN : Maybe "Lucifer" does mean "Illuminator" but remember....he WAS an angel, and he did get Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit and because of that they saw right and wrong. Thats illumination if i ever saw it.

:o

mate why the heck do you take my post seriously havent you read?I got these points from a STAND Up Comedy show.... mate im not after anyone here, Im just trying to point out something funny FROM my point of perspective -meaning nothing which I typed was wrong apart form the day thingy which I mis-read :p

As for atheists ahrrasing religious people I must disagree. Its the other way round imo. I get harassed by bible bashers knocking on my door to muslim ppl trying to convert me to their side whenever I am in class.

I am not against anyone, Im making a funny remark whats with the flaming guys?

:spot:

I Karma I
03-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Okay, so what's up with you calling everyone a mate? How ironic?

Ruroken
03-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Maybe you don't, but other religious people do. I agree with the rest of the post though.

Just as a note :p

I don't like religious people who try to push their religion on other people. Nor do I like religious people who start fights with atheists.

Religious choice is a choice that we should all have.....unless your a satanist. Go get some help if you are.

And I am not flaiming. I am taking your, or rather a comedians points, and blowing them up :)

Yakman
03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
iv found the comedians act which most of this thread was taken from
except the comedian was casual, jokey and really not offencive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I

enjoy! :D

botmaster
03-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Obviously the person writing this didn't have a lot of background knowledge on religion. The numers in the bible aren't supposed to be accurate, they're supposed to mean something. 7 means completion for example, 3 means righteousness, and i forgot what 12 means but it does have a special meaning just like 144 and all those. 10 has a special meaning too.

If you read the bible, you'll see that those numbers reappear very often, including multiples of them.

BTW, you're not supposed to take the bible literally, it works a lot with metaphors and similies.

EDIT: I'm not trying to convert anyone, nor am I trying to convince you to beleive something you don't. I don't care about your religious convictions, I'm just stating an oppinion. Although I must say, atheism seems very very hopeless. No god to beleive in, no meaning of life, no nill. Sounds kinda dull and boring :p .

Ruroken
03-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Obviously the person writing this didn't have a lot of background knowledge on religion. The numers in the bible aren't supposed to be accurate, they're supposed to mean something. 7 means completion for example, 3 means righteousness, and i forgot what 12 means but it does have a special meaning just like 144 and all those. 10 has a special meaning too.

If you read the bible, you'll see that those numbers reappear very often, including multiples of them.

BTW, you're not supposed to take the bible literally, it works a lot with metaphors and similies.

EDIT: I'm not trying to convert anyone, nor am I trying to convince you to beleive something you don't. I don't care about your religious convictions, I'm just stating an oppinion. Although I must say, atheism seems very very hopeless. No god to beleive in, no meaning of life, no nill. Sounds kinda dull and boring :p .

Read my post :)

Boreas
03-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Meaning of life is to live. My purpose is to make people (especially loved ones) happy. I know not to kill, steal, etc, basically be a decent human being. I have explanations for the beginning of the universe and how we came to be that are just as, if not more, likely as those of religions. I think my body will just be atoms when I die, so I don't need to worry about going to heaven or hell. I don't need to thank/blame an invisible being for things. My life has everything I need, and I've never been to church once.

whales
03-10-2007, 02:15 AM
I wanted to stay out of this discussion but I just can't :p I have been going to Church (I am Catholic) for my entire life. About 75% of my life was clueless to what I was even believing in, but my parents believed in it so I too followed. I'm no atheist but I think that modern religion has gone to far and it has become more commercial than spiritual. I would like to think every one should come to odds with their own 'God' on their own and that should be religion... I don't have much time to expand right now but if I were to follow anyones statements in previous post I like Boreas explanation..

Smartzkid
03-10-2007, 02:32 AM
*There can not be such a THING as DAY if there was no light in the first place, since god created LIGHT on day 7, how can it be a DAY 7 if there wasno damn light to count in the first place? - HAX!?

Ever heard of nighttime? Does it mean that time does not exist just cause there's no light? Ehh...If you're gonna argue that 'religion' is fake, you're gonna need some better reasons than that.

The 'days' in the Bible can be interpreted in a few ways. Some scholars believe that the word 'day' is used to separate Creation into the seven parts. As you said, it would be pretty hard to tell how many days have passed if you're in the dark.

A theory of mine is that whatever Hebrew word was used originally meant something slightly different than 'day', but, as there was no better way to describe it in the English language, the translators were forced to use 'day'

I might post more later...depends...
Threads on religion and beliefs often turn into flamefests...

EDIT:
About the 'days can't exist without light' thing...
How's about in Alaska when the sun doesn't shine for like 6 mo's of the year...? Does time just stop or somethin?

Ruroken
03-10-2007, 03:44 AM
I wanted to stay out of this discussion but I just can't :p I have been going to Church (I am Catholic) for my entire life. About 75% of my life was clueless to what I was even believing in, but my parents believed in it so I too followed. I'm no atheist but I think that modern religion has gone to far and it has become more commercial than spiritual. I would like to think every one should come to odds with their own 'God' on their own and that should be religion... I don't have much time to expand right now but if I were to follow anyones statements in previous post I like Boreas explanation..

Modern Religion has become to commercialized? Don't you mean that modern religious holidays have become too commercialized?

Give us back Christmas(owned by big company's now...)!

Give us back Easter(owned by Hallmark)

Give us back St. Valentine's Day (another Hallmark day)!
:)

Phade
03-10-2007, 06:50 AM

cause

" Another point, I think God is a little more advanced than to be disproven by some 12 year old on a rampage."

Very Well spoken, Amen...

-Phade

Mjordan
03-11-2007, 12:34 AM
well i believe in God and everything (go to church at least 2 times a week) but just think about it. who made god? and who made the person that made god.....and so on.

botmaster
03-11-2007, 12:43 AM
To disprove the existence of god, you'd need to actually know what god is and have an accurate definition of god. Most people on this planet haven't a clue of what god actually means, and thus fail to disprove him. Most people beleive that god is an entity, but couldn't it be something else entirely? A force that binds society? A different social order?

And those people that know what god is will find out that there is no point in trying to disprove something that is definable, as the probability that it exists is high enough to assume that it exists.

Thus, disproving god is impossible, unless you know god. It's a contradiction in itself. Proving god exists must happen before you can DISPROVE it. Else there is no way of knowing.

Look up basic philosophy if you want to know more. I personally strongly beleive in god. Simply because there is so little evidence god doesn't exist and so much evidence he/she/it/whatever does. I must admit, it does sound unscientific, and I'm a very scientific person. But face the facts, why would more than 80% of the world population beleive in god if there isn't a hint of truth in it, over hundreds of years in every place on the planet? Why can't science explain everything? Why are there problems millenia old that we still haven't solved, even with modern technology and particle accelerators and airplanes and physics and etc. ? So many unanswered questions, and one answer.

dagger5678
03-11-2007, 12:54 AM

Point 1:

In the beggining there was nothing, god created HEAVEN and EARTH, on the 7th day he said: let there be light and light appeared.

Contradiction:

Point 2:

Contradiction:

* God gave the DAMN SNAKE a punishementallright... "Though Shalt Crawl on your Belly for the Eternity of your Life" - The Snake's Responce: "OH Yeeeessssss!!... I mena NOOOOO, oh noOOOO!!! Terrible Punishmentoh man... I have to crawl on my belly... damn man how did you know that was my weakpoint???? /cry" = THE DAMN SNAKE ALLREADY CRAWLS ON THE BLOODY BELLY why the fuck would he give somethign the snake does as a punishment?? Snake cudnt believe its luck... damn. I mean seriously now, did the snake teleport or float in mid air before god made it crawl on its belly? DId it jump on its tail?

I have assertedthese point by myself whilst reading the first chapter of the Bible, pleasediscuss or add to this.

Thanks

Well. You are certainly going to hell. I am a Christian, and I believe in God. Yes, there were time I have doubted. Well, and that point you have on the snake there. I admit, it is a very good argument. But you have to know that snakes used to have... legs. Yes, legs. They could walk around like normal animals. Let's see this on a scientific and religious viewpoint. The Theory of Evolution states that:

How did snakes come to be? The distinctiveness of the animals obscures their ancestry. Their scales, eggs, and subtle features of their skulls show them to be descended from lizards, but it's been difficult to link them to any specific group. Unable to pin them down taxonomically, paleontologists have been able to construct only the flimsiest of scenarios for how snakes lost their limbs. But this confusion may now dissolve, thanks to a 100-million-year-old fossil of a snake with legs.

Now let's look at it with a religious viewpoint. Snakes lost their legs due to Lucifer deceiving Eve and Adam into eating the apple from the Tree of Knowledge. Therefore, as a punishment, God took away the legs of the snake, so all snakes were doomed to slither on the ground forever.

No matter how you look at it, snakes DID used to have legs. They could walk around like lizards do.

If you look here: http://www.geocities.com/hartwig_dellmour/Fig02.gif
You will see a picture of a snake - with legs. This picture has not been doctored. This is an actual, (living(?)) proof that snakes did have legs.

Anyone disagree?

Phade
03-11-2007, 01:28 AM
well i believe in God and everything (go to church at least 2 times a week) but just think about it. who made god? and who made the person that made god.....and so on.

very true. But if the big bang actually happend... what made the big bang. So forth and so on. But I still fail to believe that the heart and soul, mind and body, and every distinct detail about my personality, was created by an explosion.

Religion is dependent on faith, not fact. If you would like to believe that when you die you will have nobody to turn to and live with, but be dead for eternity, with no reason to be moralistic; it is your choice. I chose to live for something, because life is too short to think that your doomed for eternity after this.

"Believe with your heart, not your mind...Trust your soul, not your logic"
-My Grandpas few words he ever spoke to me.

-Phade

rkroxpunk
03-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Ok i'll do my best to get the Lucifer thing right. someone already explained it pretty well:
Ok if Lucifer means illuminator (didn't actually know that till read this so thanks) it is because before he became Satan he was an angel. the head angel in fact second only to God...Apparently he wanted to be God and so he took the form of a snake or something or took over one i dunno and told Eve to eat the apple and when she did she sinned which is the reason why this world is sooooo screwed up today.

Also i do find it annoying when people who believe in the BIG BANG theory ask the question who made God? God can't just always be there. now i don't know much about the BIG BANG theory but if there was an explosion what did it come from and what made the thing it came from. eventually they find themselves saying it was just always there totally contradicting their first point :D

Next point people have the right to believe whatever they want for example i believe God is real and loves everyone no matter who they are more than we could ever imagine but i don't go telling you that you have to believe that.
Not everyone who says they're a christian is a christian! e.g. the Pope who condoned the killing of Jews in the Natzi era. well according to my friend he did. But no true christian in their right mind would do that so no Christian's aren't corrupt because the ones who are aren't really Christians at all.

Last point @ Boreas:
don't take this offensively at all and i'm not trying to tell you what you think is wrong.
Can you please explain to me if you're meaning of life is to make everyone happy and you don't believe you will go to Hell if you sin the whole time and then die what stops you from murdering and doing terrible things?? this isn't an attack just interested in knowing.

ok before i keep going i'll stop :D
Although i did watch that video and found it pretty dam hilarious lol

Ruroken
03-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey, I have an idea.

Lets stop this conversation. Its far to much trouble to explain religion to people. So yeah. Genesis isn't an accurate representation of the creation process.

Creationism is wrong. Evolution is right. The end.

Wanted
03-24-2007, 11:31 PM

Point 1:

Contradiction:

Point 2:

Contradiction:

Thanks

You sir, are the most retarded person I have seen in a *very* long time, Congratz!:spot:

This post is so sad it doesn't deserve any gratification an any way.

Edit:
I stand corrected, If you believe and or are convinced by any of this in any way, or even try to take this seriously, then you sir (whoever you are) are the most retarted person(s) I have seen in *very* long time.

HanTu
03-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Ah, religion is always a sensitive subject. Just some note, its best to leave people the way they are as long as they do not hinder the progress in our life. I myself, is not a religious person but I respect others religion and keep all 'comedian comments' at the minimum.

Cheers to all..

cause
03-25-2007, 02:31 PM
GUYS its almost pointless arguing against a concept such as relegion. I myself dont beleive in relegion but im not against it, nor am i for it. i beleive relegion is good and bad in and of itself. good because it teaches good things like thou shalt not kill. <-- thats good. But bad because some ppl will want to start wars over relegion with the mindset "my god can kick your gods ass!" that whole concept is just ludicrous. but back to my point, its alot easier to prove that something CAN exist that it is to prove something 100% false. its also the way theorys work, a theory can be made, sound plausable and therefore be beleived. its much harder to prove a theory wrong because its ONLY a THEORY. take evolution for example, its a theory no 100% facts proving it right, now more ppl beleive in it then the amount of ppl who dont. this is because its much easier to beleive this than it is to prove it wrong! because its just an idea! proving that god doesent exist, is like proving that "human love" doesent exist.

It does seem a little funny doesn't it? Actually, I really am quite sure there is no part in the bible that says "start religious wars", but, we of course, messed it up. I found your view of theorys quite invigorating, its time for mulling time!

Ruroken
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Why cant we all just get along eh?

:)

dagger5678
03-27-2007, 10:57 PM
:o

mate why the heck do you take my post seriously havent you read?I got these points from a STAND Up Comedy show.... mate im not after anyone here, Im just trying to point out something funny FROM my point of perspective -meaning nothing which I typed was wrong apart form the day thingy which I mis-read :p

As for atheists ahrrasing religious people I must disagree. Its the other way round imo. I get harassed by bible bashers knocking on my door to muslim ppl trying to convert me to their side whenever I am in class.

I am not against anyone, Im making a funny remark whats with the flaming guys?

:spot:

This is a place to Disscuss and Debate stuff, not to be funny. If you want that ask WT-Fawaki or someone for a humor/jokes forum.

Why are you quoting Stand Up Comedy shows then? You know this is a sore subject for a lot of people. It's just like agreeing with Hank Hill in the cartoon series, "King of the Hill," where he says that people are supposed to be angry.

We're made to be angry! When that woman looked back at the town, BOOM! God turned her into a pillar of salt! When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they were cast out of the Garden of Eden!

Thanks alot, you just made me quote a comedy show! :fiery: J/K, but anyways, yeah...

Hobbit
03-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Point 1:

Contradiction:

first of all get your facts straight before you make something like this. He didn't create light on the 7th day...he rested on the 7th day....i suggest going here (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=1&version=31) and getting your facts straight before you post anymore about this

Wanted
03-30-2007, 03:16 AM
I find this topic offensive to millions of people, If I were you I wouldn't flame God because you don't understand metaphorical writing in the bible, which was originally written for the people of ancient Rome under the rule of Constantine, where things like "camels eye" or 'Serpent" could mean completely different meanings than that of today.

Keeping in mind that hobbit is correct, you don't even have your facts straight.

Take my advice, if your going to try and disprove God then don't be such an idiot, actually research and do some thinking.

Boreas
03-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Flaming the bible is one thing, but flaming those who take it literally and believe it (there are many) is another.

tantalus33
03-30-2007, 11:52 AM
god didnt create the world!
ever heard of a thing called the big bang!
and the bible translates from laten to english as the book of lies FACT.

ruler
03-30-2007, 03:28 PM
quoting the big bang to prove your point, priceless...

What are the odds of our existance?

Hobbit
03-30-2007, 09:54 PM
notice how its called the big bang THEORY...because it cannot be undoubtifully scientifically proven in the scientific community so therefore it is still a theory.

Boreas
03-30-2007, 10:10 PM
What are the odds of our existance?

1 in VeryLargeNumber. People think this is too high to be true, and that it's not a coincidence we are here. But there is a very large number of planets without life, so the odds are true.

notice how its called the big bang THEORY...because it cannot be undoubtifully scientifically proven in the scientific community so therefore it is still a theory.

What's creation called?

Wanted
03-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Wether or not the bible/ beliefs of God are true, think of it this way.

The morals of almost every religion's holy book are usually that of very good ones.

God - "Some being that is all knowing." This relates to your character, what defines you when no one is looking.

Hell- "An Eternal Place of suffering" This relates that to all "sins" (which can be defined as wrong doings) will have a punishment wether it is inside of your head (conscious) or in reality where you could face bigger problems, anything that is bad will have a negative effect.

Heaven- "Paradise, eternal life." This relates to awards that anything you do that is good will have a positive effect.

Creation - "The dawn of the universe" This is probably the biggest, either you can give life a meaning and values that you can believe in strongly or you can believe in the standard scientific theory that amounts to this

"Everything has meaning, all sins will be punished, all rewards will be acknowledged, all will be judged, all will have a super natural(beyond the laws of science" existence."

Or

You can let another human being tell you all the purposes of life and in two simple Theorys that define you and make you believe what they want.

"The universe was created by an unexplainable event, before time or space, the most likely theory is the Big Bang."

"The basis of the universe are this, To the creation of the universe there is a reaction, to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Either you can render things with a meaning or without meaning, either way I don't think you should post something like "Religion - A Load of Hoax" and try and change the morals/beliefs of anyone/ flame the things other people believe in.

The sad thing is, you probably don't even know what the Big Bang theory is exactly.

Ruroken
03-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Flaming the bible is one thing, but flaming those who take it literally and believe it (there are many) is another.

Yes, but the people who take it literally got it WRONG.

Were talking about the people who don't believe in global warming because they think its a sign that judgment day is coming...they call themselves Born Again Christians (or Evangelicals) but as far as the RC church is concern they arn't christian at all. So don't listen to em.

Note : Bush is evangelical...look at HIM...

Wanted
03-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Yes, but the people who take it literally got it WRONG.

Were talking about the people who don't believe in global warming because they think its a sign that judgment day is coming...they call themselves Born Again Christians (or Evangelicals) but as far as the RC church is concern they arn't christian at all. So don't listen to em.

Note : Bush is evangelical...look at HIM...

I'm not so sure that it is "they took it literaly" but the people who missed the entire moral/purpose of the bible and just read it like a story/plot line.

Edit:

Woah, global warming isn't true. You can say whatever you want, but the world goes on heating-cool cycles over very large periods of time. The graphs they should you on TV/whatever don't even show .01% of the worlds history.

Johura
03-31-2007, 05:54 AM
There WAS a person called Jesus.
You may say you dont belive Jesus preformed miricles but you cant say you dont belive in Jesus. The romans kept records. There is proof that Someone called Jesus Christ WAS born and did get crusified.

Hobbit
03-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Were talking about the people who don't believe in global warming because they think its a sign that judgment day is coming...

ok first of all your confusing christians with the fricken hippies, i dont think "the judgement day" is coming

[slightly off topic]Global warming is a scam, green house gasses are produced naturally and naturally build up, it is all part of a cycle...and lifestyle wont change thats cycle...we may speed it up but it will come sooner or later[/slightly off topic]

Wanted
03-31-2007, 08:03 AM
ok first of all your confusing christians with the fricken hippies, i dont think "the judgement day" is coming

[slightly off topic]Global warming is a scam, green house gasses are produced naturally and naturally build up, it is all part of a cycle...and lifestyle wont change thats cycle...we may speed it up but it will come sooner or later[/slightly off topic]

Thank you, I was waiting for some one to say that:stirthepot: .

Starblaster100
03-31-2007, 12:03 PM
unfortunately, i feel i have to close this thread.
Remember, we all have to respect each others views, whatever they maybe.
If you want to start another topic about religion, please feel free to do so, but do not attack someones religion or beliefs. Warnings will be issued if this happens again.

Thanks for understanding,
Star