PDA

View Full Version : Opt-in to hide commits?

Wizzup?
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
The last two weeks I've been lurking the SRL Stats website and graphs... And I've concluded that even though it's an awesome system perhaps it should be nice to have a setting that allows you to hide your commits from the public. For example, the exact time of the the commit, the script being used, the variables harvested can give anyone quite a good idea of what you're doing. Just watch the recent commits list when someone banks, for example. So for our own privacy, we should have this option, I think.

Comments?

Zyt3x
11-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't understand the reason to do it, but I don't see any downsides to have that as an option either, so why not?

Flight
11-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I think I understand where you're coming from. If it takes so long to do a task and head to the bank (according to the commit time) it might give clues as to what exactly the script is doing? Something along those lines?

Wizzup?
11-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I think I understand where you're coming from. If it takes so long to do a task and head to the bank (according to the commit time) it might give clues as to what exactly the script is doing? Something along those lines?

Yeah, what the bot is doing. I suppose it's also a good incentive to for people to register... ;)

Flight
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
At first I couldn't think of this being a big deal but wouldn't it be a give-away to private/Members+ scripts? I think I agree with you Wizzup?. But your last post confuses me a bit lol... I thought by hide you meant hide those commits completely, but actually they're still "viewable" to those registered to Stats. Yeah I suppose that would give a little more push to sign up for our personal highscores. ;)

On a similar note, I'm doing all I can to promote Stats, you'll notice every script I do has it included. I like the idea of knowing how much my scripts are being used, or how much in-game time I've spent using a script. And I'm surely trying to encourage others to view it the same way.

Wizzup?
11-17-2011, 11:15 AM
At first I couldn't think of this being a big deal but wouldn't it be a give-away to private/Members+ scripts? I think I agree with you Wizzup?. But your last post confuses me a bit lol... I thought by hide you meant hide those commits completely, but actually they're still "viewable" to those registered to Stats. Yeah I suppose that would give a little more push to sign up for our personal highscores. ;)

On a similar note, I'm doing all I can to promote Stats, you'll notice every script I do has it included. I like the idea of knowing how much my scripts are being used, or how much in-game time I've spent using a script. And I'm surely trying to encourage others to view it the same way.

I'm saying that you'd have to register to enable ``hide my commits''. :) (So Anonymous will always be shown)

Markus
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
(So Anonymous will always be shown)

Could you pleeeaaaseeee hide anonymous from top stats? (s)he's a cheater..

WT-Fakawi
11-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Better yet: Reset stats Jan 2012. (Not my idea, but Wizz's) Then we'll all have a better chance of hitting top -10

And agree with Markus: anonymous may be used, but shouldn't be in the stats rankings. (If that is at all possible within the current architecture)

HyperSecret
11-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Better yet: Reset stats Jan 2012. (Not my idea, but Wizz's) Then we'll all have a better chance of hitting top -10

And agree with Markus: anonymous may be used, but shouldn't be in the stats rankings. (If that is at all possible within the current architecture)

I like this idea, give me a chance to get back into the game :). We are in a new "era" of botting again, time to reset stats.

bevardis
11-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Could you pleeeaaaseeee hide anonymous from top stats? (s)he's a cheater..

wat. It's a lot of people.

I support this idea.

Zyt3x
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM
wat. It's a lot of people.

I support this idea.He was joking about the (s)he stuff ;)

BraK
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Could it be possible to add a filter to the ranking system. What I mean is to where a person could choose to view the Daily, Weekly, Monthly, yearly, and all time ranks. Just a suggestion ;)