Nice. Things progressing nicely, then?

Yago
12-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Wow great...

model debugging and everything.

YoHoJo
12-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Love seeing it! A new era is coming!!!!
Are any of you open GL guys working as a team on this stuff?

tls
12-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Wow great...

model debugging and everything.

Not model debug. Just wireframes instead of displaying the whole texture. Easy to do with GLIntercept.

Aftermath
12-01-2011, 05:40 AM
Love seeing it! A new era is coming!!!!
Are any of you open GL guys working as a team on this stuff?

I'm working on the same project as Silab and talking to a few other people who are working on OpenGL bots. Also, to clarify what is in the picture, I wrote an autofighter and used it to fight cows, and what you see in the inventory area is my prototyping of inventory items. I still have to convert them to checksums which are constant across loads - currently those numbers change when you reload the client. However, our NPC checksums are constant, so the autofighter works well and we can detect several randoms (see http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68114).

Current capability:
1) Find NPCs
2) Find Objects
3) Find various interface objects (talking heads on dialogs, the locks in the Pillory random, the towers in the Pinball random [still need to do some extra work to identify the correct tower though]).
4) Part of the way toward knowledge of inventory items
5) Interfacing with Simba/SCAR Divi

Intended future developments:
6) Improve scripting interface to Simba/SCAR Divi
7) Finish inventory item support
8) Support minimap walking
9) Support context menus (right click menus)
10) Get miscellaneous other information [e.g. which pillar is correct in Pinball random]
11) Solve random events
12) Reading text
13) Possibly write more scripts

I'm talking to someone right now who's writing one in Java, which is interesting.

YoHoJo
12-01-2011, 05:48 AM
OpenGL bot made in Java huh?
And cool sounds like you know exactly what you are doing and making great progress, I just hope another reflection-like era doesn't come around and more paid bots and crap come around D:! Would be nice if SRL were the home of the first OpenGL neato bot! And it was kept free and open source!

Aftermath
12-01-2011, 05:50 AM
(Just to clarify, our bot is in C++, that other guy's was in Java).

YoHoJo
12-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Ah okay okay.
So what are you future plans for it, as in releasing it, having a website forum etc?
Is it going to be standalone, or work with Scar/Simba I saw you were saying?
What language will the scripts for it be written in?

Coh3n
12-01-2011, 05:53 AM
OpenGL bot made in Java huh?
And cool sounds like you know exactly what you are doing and making great progress, I just hope another reflection-like era doesn't come around and more paid bots and crap come around D:! Would be nice if SRL were the home of the first OpenGL neato bot! And it was kept free and open source!I'm willing to bet OpenGL replaces Reflection, and we'll be right back where we were before Reflection broke.

On another note, I really dislike the new RS interface. Looks to "kiddish" for me.

YoHoJo
12-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Agreed, I like the older icons which can still be seen in safe mode/low settings they look way better, new ones are ugly and don't look like they belong.

D: Yeah I bet eventually open GL will catch on and become more popular, and with time turn into the new reflection era and screw up botting and rs just like all of the reflection bots did!

Coh3n
12-01-2011, 06:19 AM
D: Yeah I bet eventually open GL will catch on and become more popular, and with time turn into the new reflection era and screw up botting and rs just like all of the reflection bots did!When that happens, I imagine Jagex will be able to do something about it, like with Reflection.

Harry
12-01-2011, 06:19 AM
I hope not, YoHoJo. Though I would assume detecting OpenGL modifications would be easier to detect than Reflection.

Neat work anyways.

P1nky
12-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Wait so this is a new bot that is being scripted in SIMBA? or totally different client ?

Will it be part of SRL forums?

Will us (scripters) be part of this, and get to learn how to code for OpenGL, or is this a bot itself and and no need for scripters , since your developing it all to do everything.

YoHoJo
12-01-2011, 07:09 AM
It's being made by some guys who known how to do OpenGl stuff, and he said it's being made in C++ but currently can do
5) Interfacing with Simba/SCAR Divi

As for the future plans/scripters being part/etc that's up to the people making it!

He also said some other people are making a java based one (that does OpenGL stuff).

Looks to me like this might be the new reflection, but I hear OpenGL is easy to detect and hopefully (if it gets too out of hand) jagex can stop it like they stopped reflection!

Not to hate or anything at all! I'm super intrigued by this and love seeing all of the new development, I would just have for another 'reflection era' of cheating to occur at all. As long as it's made and kept to small numbers and not abused I'll be stoked!

Aftermath
12-01-2011, 08:22 AM
This is a lot to reply to, so I'll be brief.

Future plans re: website / forum: we have made none, though we may choose to have one in the future.

re: SCAR/Simba: we may choose to make it standalone, or continue interfacing with SCAR/Simba, or both; the only part of SCAR/Simba we require are the mouse/keyboard input, and I already written most of the input code we will need if we choose to make it standalone.

re: scripting language - I would like to either move away from or provide an alternative to Pascal. One alternative is a Java scripting engine, and another choice is using pure C++.

re: Jagex doing something about it - they can't, unless they choose to outright drop graphics library support and allow only software mode. There are a few things they can do to make it harder, but not significantly, and they cannot make it impossible - consider that the graphics library has to render what the user sees, we therefore know the ultimate result printed to screen regardless of what tricks they may do in between.

re: detection - detecting reflection has always been extremely easy and can be done from the Java level. This cannot be detected from the Java level, Jagex would have to drop down to the native level. And even if they choose to do that, we can make it hard to detect by using proper hooking instead of the dirty hacking we're using now.

re: scripters, there will most likely be a role for scripters if we choose to release it - we mainly provide the tools to find things easily, rather than scripts (we actually only have one "script" right now (excluding my work on random detection)), and are just working on methods to detect things we can't currently detect.

Aftermath
12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Update: we can now identify inventory, equipped, bank, and grand exchange items.

KingKong
12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
are you using glintercept to do this?

Aftermath
12-01-2011, 10:08 AM
glIntercept is a logger... It does nothing but list what functions the game has called.

Edit: to clarify, you could use it to see what patterns you have to find, but you can't use it to do anything for you other than logging.

Wizzup?
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Or you could use a proper scripting language like Python.

Zyt3x
12-01-2011, 01:34 PM
This is very nice! Finally this is being developed! :D

Great job!

Looking forward to be autoing with OpenGL :D

Seeing as this wont break as often as Reflection, I'll support this 100%

Coh3n
12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
re: Jagex doing something about it - they can't, unless they choose to outright drop graphics library support and allow only software mode. There are a few things they can do to make it harder, but not significantly, and they cannot make it impossible - consider that the graphics library has to render what the user sees, we therefore know the ultimate result printed to screen regardless of what tricks they may do in between.Not saying you're wrong, but that's what the experts said about Reflection.

Aftermath
12-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Nobody who is an "expert" would have said that about reflection - it was clear from the fact that we needed programs to automatically locate and find the hooking points that they could do something about it.

Coh3n
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Nobody who is an "expert" would have said that about reflection - it was clear from the fact that we needed programs to automatically locate and find the hooking points that they could do something about it.People said they wouldn't break it because the game still had to be referenced from somewhere. But you seem to know a lot more about this stuff than I do. I'm just saying not to say they can't break it, because you never know what the future may bring. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Aftermath
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM
People said they wouldn't break it because the game still had to be referenced from somewhere. But you seem to know a lot more about this stuff than I do. I'm just saying not to say they can't break it, because you never know what the future may bring. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Yep :D It would be prudent to see how they could break it and figure out how we would work around it.

HyperSecret
12-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Maybe Jagex is working with the same people that Steam does to detect OpenGL hacks in games like CS:Source and stuff?

At least they use to be pretty good at detecting and banning accounts that use hacks. Possibly they have some way of detecting it...

Bobzilla69
12-02-2011, 02:42 PM
any chance we can get a look at the source for the OpenGL stuff?

Aftermath
12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
any chance we can get a look at the source for the OpenGL stuff?

We haven't decided, but the source for silentwolf's is laying around somewhere on these forums.

Silab has also uploaded it over at MITB: http://www.moparisthebest.com/smf/index.php/topic,523561.msg3816065.html#msg3816065

HT BaaFly
12-03-2011, 12:15 AM
So, how does this OpenGL stuff work? mixture of relfection and colour picking?

tls
12-03-2011, 12:44 AM
So, how does this OpenGL stuff work? mixture of relfection and colour picking?

No. It's done by modifying the opengl32 to "intercept" things that Runescape sends to the video card and use that information to identify things on the game screen.

Flight
12-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I've a few questions.

First, you said Jagex can't do anything about it short of switching to SafeMode only? I think we've heard this as well about Reflection.

Second, you stated, simply put, it wouldn't be easy for them to detect. And if it came to the point to where they do start detecting it you would switch from your current dirty hack to using proper hooking. What's the difference? What makes proper hooking, in your opinion, undetectable?

Aftermath
12-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I've a few questions.

First, you said Jagex can't do anything about it short of switching to SafeMode only? I think we've heard this as well about Reflection.

Second, you stated, simply put, it wouldn't be easy for them to detect. And if it came to the point to where they do start detecting it you would switch from your current dirty hack to using proper hooking. What's the difference? What makes proper hooking, in your opinion, undetectable?

I've already address these questions as far as I care to, especially true of the first question: whatever is desired to be seen by the user has to be drawn, and drawn at known coordinates. We know every operation performed by the graphics library along the way. This is different from the reflection case in that we have CONTEXT - intent, rather than rudimentary operations. Furthermore, they have not even stopped reflection - there are bots currently working and more in development. They've just made them annoying to write and update, not impossible.

Edit: Furthermore, in worst case, we just drop down to pixel processing (which is essentially exactly what this is and will be, for the most part, but in a structured way; instead of doing straight-out pixel comparisons on particular screen coordinates, we know what data represents individual objects, and we can take checksums without doing dense pixel processing. This sparse method lets us compute and compare much more quickly).

PileOfSilab
12-08-2011, 08:49 PM
We haven't decided, but the source for silentwolf's is laying around somewhere on these forums.

Silab has also uploaded it over at MITB: http://www.moparisthebest.com/smf/index.php/topic,523561.msg3816065.html#msg3816065

it's in this thread: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54447 also remove the fake "keylogger" nonsense to make it compile

Richard
12-23-2011, 10:18 PM
it's in this thread: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54447 also remove the fake "keylogger" nonsense to make it compile

Wasn't that thrown in so the creator could tell if people were actually testing it or not, then no one actually commented on it..?

Zyt3x
12-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Wasn't that thrown in so the creator could tell if people were actually testing it or not, then no one actually commented on it..?Correct. It served no other purpose.

E: Actually, someone (mixster IIRC) commented on it, but sorta figured out the whole point of those lines and didn't care enough as it didn't do any harm or something

DeiJaiVui
12-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Exciting to hear a new type of bot being developed! You said reflection isn't broken so do yOu thin PowerBot will wOrk later on? Also I think that reflection wasn't brOken anyway because Jacmob brought RSBuddy 1.5 to RuneFest 2011?

Press Play
12-28-2011, 09:42 AM
This is a very interesting new way of botting :) Good work and good luck!

okokokok
12-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Exciting to hear a new type of bot being developed! You said reflection isn't broken so do yOu thin PowerBot will wOrk later on? Also I think that reflection wasn't brOken anyway because Jacmob brought RSBuddy 1.5 to RuneFest 2011?

Reflection isnt broken, it just needs alot of recoding to get the client working. It will take about 1 maybe 2 years to get reflection up and running again. Also jacmob is a really smart guy. The technique of PB is older (dont know if i said that the way i mean to say it lol). Anyway you could see that from the fact that sometimes PB needed a few days to update and RSbuddy did it in an hour max.

Summarized: Reflection will come back, but it will take a while

Synikk
12-28-2011, 04:41 PM
and by the time reflection has been recoded for the new runescape client they may have recoded rs again.

okokokok
12-28-2011, 05:34 PM
and by the time reflection has been recoded for the new runescape client they may have recoded rs again.

That's why it's going to take a long time, they will have to figure out how to autmatically process the updates