PDA

View Full Version : Some help translating from english to spanish, will to pay

Failpailirl
12-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Need to translate to the imperfect past tense, please don't just Google translate it then give it to me. That is extremely inaccurate.

Please PM me

noidea
12-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Why not just post here. There are tons of people that know Spanish here.

Failpailirl
12-06-2011, 02:10 AM
1. -When i was little- (Cuando ero pequno) i was very -mischievous- (travieso). -I played with- (Yo jugaba con) a red -wagon- (carro). I was not allowed to lie (mentir)

2. When i was little i was generous. I played with bubbles. I had to rake the leaves.

3. When i was little i liked my pet fish most. I played in the snow. I was not allowed to fight.

4. When i was little i played in the sand. I liked my yellow toy truck most. I was timid.

5. When i was little me and my brother got along. I had to do the dishes. We celebrated christmas.

Remember, all in the imperfect form

noidea
12-06-2011, 02:33 AM
1. Mentia - accent i
2. yo Necessitaba the leaves(something like that) (could find that on google translate)
3. quieria (accent i) my fish (google translate), jugaba, yo no era to fight (spanish dictionary)
4. yo jugaba en (the sand). yo quieria (accent i) me carro (yellow - forgot it atm...). Yo era (timid - spanish dicitonary)
5. Cuando yo era pequeno, mi hermano y yo [eramos or estabamos, idk if ser or estar] (try friendly in spanish dictionary. the teacher will get what you mean) Yo necessitaba a llevar los platos. Nosotros celebramos (lookup christmas)

lawl it was horrible, but it should help you get the jist.

Brandon
12-06-2011, 02:48 AM
2. yo era generoso (I was generous). Yo jugué (played) con burbujas (with bubbles). Tenía que rastrillo (rake) las hojas (the leaves).

3. me gustaba (I liked) mi pez mascota más (my pet fish most). Ha jugado en la nieve (I played in the snow). No se me permitía (I was not allowed ) luchar (to fight).

4. Cuando yo era pequeño (when I was little), jugue en la arena (I played in the sand). Me gustaba mi (I liked my) camión de juguete (yellow toy) amarillo mas (truck most). Yo era tímido. (I was shy/timid)

5. mi hermano (my brother ) y yo nos llevamos bien (and I got along). Tenía que lavar(I had to wash) los platos (the dishes). Celebramos la Navidad. (We celebrated christmas)

Google translate does work.. its just u have to know how to use it.. Translate english to spanish.. then the translated spanish back to english and u will see where it makes no sense.. then u can fix those easily.. I did this throughout spanish and french and learned it far better than without.. Got a 90 in both classes.

noidea
12-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Why are all of your jugar's different? Just wondering. I thought it was Jugaba.

Failpailirl
12-06-2011, 03:06 AM
can somebody do the first sentence? i need help on the connecting words.