PDA

View Full Version : Motivation...

Wyn
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
After using Java for 5/6 years, I decided to take a Java course to see how I compare with other students in how upto par I am.

I kinda regret it. I feel like I'm going backwards in Java...(Isn't a class supposed to make you move forward....)

Now I'm stuck in the class. Reading the assignments make me facepalm/Feel like an idiot and end up not doing them. My last assignment was generating X/O's on a 3x3 grid (Like what purpose is there to make that); instead I wrote Tic-Tac-Toe and threw a AI into it :/, then killed the rest of the period playing it.

Even though I lack the motivation to do anything in this class... What's a good way to get back into them so I can pass the class.

Kyle Undefined
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, with my programming class. I'm so much more advanced that the other people. What I do is I write the most advanced code that can be written to get the task done, then I convert it into "noob" code, then try to simplify it even more.

That's what I did for P1nky :p

Failure
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't see why you took the class at all, you have educated yourself very well without a class. You might should ask, if you can get more advanced things and skip those things that you already done.

Edit : You can gather a lot, information on the internet, use Forums to catch up with possible teachers to teach you the advanced things and maybe even for free.

miketree
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
If it's for college/university you could always ask you're professor to take an evaluation exam, it's usually easy to ace if you have enough experience. Take the credit and get back the time you would of wasted.

I've done it for java, c++, c and html, best decision.

Wyn
12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't see why you took the class at all, you have educated yourself very well without a class. You might should ask, if you can get more advanced things and skip those things that you already done.

I couldn't without the classes before it.

Failure
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I couldn't without the classes before it.

Ohh, then simply ask for harder tasks.

Wyn
12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Ohh, then simply ask for harder tasks.

I already have.

Hobbit
12-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Do what I do, think of it as a GPA booster :)

I'm in a similar boat except I had to take the course as a core program requirement becuss none if my credits from my other uni transferred as specific courses. Just generic credits. So I'm stuck in a first year python class :)

Currently have 120% :)

Edit: plus I'm doing a research project with the prof so I use the class time to work on that instead :p