PDA

View Full Version : Simba/Smart on Mac OS!

jakeyboy29
12-21-2011, 06:41 PM
How To install Simba on the best OS in the world!

Hiiiiii there! This guide will show you how to use Simba on a Mac OS without the need to a 'parallel' like programme.

I may aswell get to it! I'm not sure of the total requirements of the system, so just give it a try!

(I cant be arsed with 'step 1, 2' ect)

You will need to download this programme.

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

http://i44.tinypic.com/14ahmk7.png

Then drag them over as you would any other programme.

http://i39.tinypic.com/k1cr3l.png

You will then have to visit this site

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

and download the offline version (windows 7)

http://i43.tinypic.com/jach2x.png

Wine should automatically kick in and the installer will be launched, as so..

http://i40.tinypic.com/8yu74m.png

Then you want to go here

http://wizzup.org/simba/#download

and download this

http://i41.tinypic.com/34rzv2s.png

then open up this bad boy, and click simba, (as shown below)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2eaqyb7.png

As you can see, and as should be the case with yours, its recognised that winehq is needed to open it.

Then this should pop up. Just follow all the steps, as you'd install on a PC.

http://i40.tinypic.com/fuavfa.png

Youve now got simba installed, and smart will work just like a windows!

You will now need to follow these steps
***I would like to thank coh3n, as I took this exactly from his guide!!*****

Download and install Simba from here. //done above!
Open Simba; go to View > Extensions.
Enable extensions.sex.
Click View > Extensions Menu.
Click Extensions > Check for Updates. Let it update.
Restart Simba.
Go to View > Extensions.
Enable srl.sex, and associate.sex.
Click SRL > Check for Updates. Let the files download.
Click SPS > Check for Updates. Let the files download; may take a few seconds.
Make sure your graphics settings as bright as possible, everything else as low as possible.
Done!

Post below for help!

cause
12-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Awesome tut! Very helpful.

jakeyboy29
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks! I'll make it pretty later, but it's only my first tut!

Sabzi
12-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Your big blue title, sir, is very misleading. xD

Surfster
12-21-2011, 09:07 PM
thank you soo much again! its a good tutorial!

also, i have on question, when you open the java installer, do u open with wine or wine bottler?

jakeyboy29
12-21-2011, 09:08 PM
hope its helped <3

miketree
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
That was quick ^^

Good job.

Surfster
12-21-2011, 09:18 PM
also, i get this screen that says create custom prefix settings, what should i do with that?

jakeyboy29
12-21-2011, 09:24 PM
use tinypic to host a photo on here so i can see

Surfster
12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Never-mind, i got it! When you click on java, Wine will pop up, hit the button that opens WineBottler, when hit the install button, and name the app "Java Windows", then when you click on the simba installer, click again the option that opens WineBottler (or just right click the simba installer and open it with WineBottler) then install again, and call it "Simba".

For each install, go through the regular install screen, for java make sure you close it when the install is done. For simba, if you open it up after you install, close it.

Then your done! Just install and update the proper extensions!

But, how do you run custom scripts that are not from MSI?

jakeyboy29
12-22-2011, 02:58 PM
great, any other help needed, post here or send me a pm!

Amsterdam
12-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Thank you very much it works perfectly! BTW, im dutch LOL!

Omar
01-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Hey when i try to run it it says program error and it does't launch smart :/ any fix for this?

YoHoJo
01-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Hey when i try to run it it says program error and it does't launch smart :/ any fix for this?

When you are running a script you get error/no SMART? Or is this an error coming from your computer?

Omar
01-01-2012, 01:00 AM
@yohojo i believe the error is coming from wine itself as it says the program could not start but simba doesn't turn off but it says Setting up MSI took 845 ms.
SRL Compiled in 6 msec
SMART Initialized.
Loaded: Server 10, Members: False, Signed: True, Super Detail: False.
and thats all that happens.

jakeyboy29
01-08-2012, 06:57 PM
@yohojo i believe the error is coming from wine itself as it says the program could not start but simba doesn't turn off but it says Setting up MSI took 845 ms.
SRL Compiled in 6 msec
SMART Initialized.
Loaded: Server 10, Members: False, Signed: True, Super Detail: False.
and thats all that happens.

only just seen this sorry. Are you sure you installed java properly?

You cant use anything but smart with this method im afraid

hamster31
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Dude this made my life so much easier :) thank you for that jakey!

jakeyboy29
01-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Dude this made my life so much easier :) thank you for that jakey!

<3 scripting on mac is hard though :(

ReadySteadyGo
01-13-2012, 06:08 PM
The spacing in Simba through Mac Wine is dreadful. If you right click on the tab and click Read-Only you can use any editor you want. I like vim.

spinks95
01-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Hey man, ive done everything you said and all is working until i get to run MSI, it comes up with 'Running MSI. . .
Exception in Script: Plugin(libsmart32) has not been found - please help D:

Kyle Undefined
01-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Make sure you have the latest SRL and Simba.

yourmom12122
02-04-2012, 04:25 AM
i cant run a scriptt any help???

jdoggy
02-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey there, basically followed your guide and installed Java and Simba. Did this by opening winebottler and choosing both files and installing them. I'v then gone and updated simba correctly as shown above (also done this on another windows). I then got a script (Fast fighter V4.12) and pressed run. This then brings up an error saying " The program Simba.exe has encountered a serious problem and need to close. We are sorry the for the inconvenience. So basically when i try run scripts it gives an error when it trys to load up the runescape client... Any help with this would be appreciated =) Thanks

jakeyboy29
02-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I get this on a few scripts too. I usually close all x11 programmes, reopen simba, download srl update, then its fine

jdoggy
02-06-2012, 01:33 AM
I get this on a few scripts too. I usually close all x11 programmes, reopen simba, download srl update, then its fine

Hey i tried what you suggested, but everytime i try it doesnt work. I downloaded srl update after restarting, it overwrites the current update. But it still doesn't let me run the script, just says same error message =( any help will be appreciated...

JeremyM
02-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Glad to see a guide for this! I'll be trying it out once I finish up my last couple of midterms.

carling
02-07-2012, 07:45 PM
http://imgur.com/iGP1w

what am i doing wrong? :/

stlk12
02-08-2012, 07:11 AM
I did everything step by step but for some reason after installing Simba and clicking launch Simba on the installer Wine will say that the disk is full, I've tried running it on a different drive and even re-installing Simba and...no luck.

Maestrom1
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
If there is someone that can install this for me with team viewer i pay ya 2mil ingame cash!

slixz
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello, my simba bot dosen't work too, it says that i need a file named: MSVCR71.dll
I've already uninstalled it 1000 times but it dosen't work still.
Please reply to me if you know how i can fix it.

Maestrom1
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Wel, after i've installed it, it ran for the first time but when it closed i cant find it anymore

jakeyboy29
02-09-2012, 07:25 PM

what am i doing wrong? :/

I get that sometimes, i gave advice on the first page on restarting simbas/ reinstalling SRL and restarting simba again, that works for me. If that doesnt work, try freeing the memory or restarting

I did everything step by step but for some reason after installing Simba and clicking launch Simba on the installer Wine will say that the disk is full, I've tried running it on a different drive and even re-installing Simba and...no luck.

Ive no idea with this one, try the winehq FAQ

If there is someone that can install this for me with team viewer i pay ya 2mil ingame cash!

brilliant

Hello, my simba bot dosen't work too, it says that i need a file named: MSVCR71.dll
I've already uninstalled it 1000 times but it dosen't work still.
Please reply to me if you know how i can fix it.

search that error on these forums!

whatsabot
02-10-2012, 03:42 AM
ok. Could some 1 please help me add a script to my simba on my mac?

whatsabot
02-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Err just how to run a script on simba on mac. I have the script downloaded i just need to know what to do form there

Dragonrider
02-27-2012, 06:57 AM
I can't run simba either, it says wine has a serious problem and it needs to be closed. I think you can just copy the script and paste it into simba..

Gala
02-27-2012, 09:35 PM
works fine for me.
installed windows with bootcamp, because I had some memory errors.

jakeyboy29
02-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I can't run simba either, it says wine has a serious problem and it needs to be closed. I think you can just copy the script and paste it into simba..
im unsure what you mean

works fine for me.
installed windows with bootcamp, because I had some memory errors.

Im going to do this soon, could you let me know if you can open multiple simbas?

Dragonrider
02-28-2012, 04:38 AM
I get this error:

http://itechlog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/spotify-error.png

google images photo ^

Gala
02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
@jakeyboy29
It works perfectly. And yew, you can open multiple simbas.
(I had some issues with the BootCamo update 3.2 -> 3.3, let me know if you have the same problem)

jakeyboy29
02-28-2012, 05:25 PM
I get this error:

http://itechlog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/spotify-error.png

google images photo ^

When i get that error i close simba, open it up again, download srl, close simba free my memory, then try again, works every time.

@jakeyboy29
It works perfectly. And yew, you can open multiple simbas.
(I had some issues with the BootCamo update 3.2 -> 3.3, let me know if you have the same problem)

ill inbox you

Dragonrider
02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Does smart actually work on mac or do I have to use safari or google chrome to play runescape?

Gala
02-28-2012, 06:37 PM
If you install wine, even SMART works.

Dragonrider
02-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Alright I'm uninstalling everything and trying again.

Dragonrider
02-29-2012, 02:16 AM
I did exactly what you said. I downloaded srl and freed my memory.. The error still showed up.. how did you free your memory?

Imanoobbot
03-03-2012, 08:34 AM
How can i add a 500x500 map to includes. I just got the simba app and dont know how to get into the other sections.

- Okey , I found it.

Dragonrider
03-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Where did you find it? for 500x500 map?

young richard
03-30-2012, 03:09 AM
After I install wine and drage it to the applications folder i try to download the java thing and when i click it to open nothing ever happens. It shows up that it is recognized by winebottler too...HELP!!!!

Imanoobbot
03-30-2012, 06:57 AM

I could make it for you in the next days. And keep your cash ;)

But i always use simba over an VM Ware. It´s much better cause of screen detection and every script works. Sometimes some scripts wont work via Wine cause of extra files you have to put in. Too annoying setting everything up then.

Chupakabra
04-09-2012, 12:51 PM
yea...

Im slightly, and by slightly i mean VERY, new to botting, and cant for the life of me figure out how to even install simba and get it to work on my mac.

If anyone is willing to help me out i would GREATLY appreciate it.

namaste!

sickle
04-20-2012, 09:42 PM

Same problem here. No solution found.

EDIT: Got it to work. After the installation, the option to "Launch Simba" resulted in the error. So when I found the directory where it's installed and ran it from there using wine, it worked. However, I tested a couple scripts and they did not function too well. I have no idea what is going on, but something with the color recognition /coordinates are off. For example, in mining, it would find the ore rock, but clicks somewhere else although it found the rock correctly. Anybody else experiencing issues like this?

Imanoobbot
04-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Seriously, it really worked. Smart started up. And I always was using it via VM Ware. I´ll test it now but it seems to be awesome. Thank you for that awesome guide!
+Rep!

So my feedback. It is all working perfect. Okey, sometimes smart forget my settings but then just because you quit it with cmd+Q. It is working 100% lagg free for me and the downpatch of SPS worked aswell. An awesome guide! For all haven´t got it running yet, it is totally worth it. After you got it you can run simba from you desktop, it runs as playing it on your client on mac! Just amazing (runs better then EpicBot with mac client for me)!

neverm0re
04-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Great tutorial! Thanks, for me personally, SMART doesn't start. I'm sure it has to do with JRE. If I get any results I will post!

Fork
05-03-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm unable to get this to work properly; if anyone would be able to help me get this working over Team Viewer or some other method, I'd be willing to give them a tip in RuneScape.

Bownedi
05-14-2012, 12:49 PM
How can I reopen Simba? -.- I can just reinstall it...

When I install Simba, it doesn't make any files... or I can't find them?

Wyn
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
When I saw "best os" I facewalled multiple times.

Imanoobbot
05-14-2012, 01:28 PM

How are you open Simba again if you click on "minimize to tray". I missclicked on that yesterday and it took me a while to open it again.

jakeyboy29
05-14-2012, 05:44 PM

I almost died cringing when I saw the phrase "facewalled"

How are you open Simba again if you click on "minimize to tray". I missclicked on that yesterday and it took me a while to open it again.

click x11 on the tray

Nickthundarr
07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the tutorial! It was really helpful now that my old PC is as functional as a rock. Just one issue for me though, for some reason when i try to add any community script (not in MSI/SMART) I have to choose a program/application to open it in; I don't know which one! Currently, I've tried simba itself, microsoft word, wine, and winebottler with nothing but coding jargon appearing. After some rigorous searching, I deduced that I would expect to see a link or play button of some sorts to work with simba - yet only text appears. I'm not sure if this is specifically a Mac problem, but that's the best lead I have as of now. Help would be very much appreciated!:)

wclover
01-10-2013, 07:13 AM
I get this error every time I try to run MSI, any help??

SRL Compiled in 4 msec
** Fatal Error: Pairing Clients; Terminating Script **
Successfully executed.
The following DTMs were not freed: [Bronze Pickaxe...]

P1nky
01-10-2013, 11:02 AM
I get this error every time I try to run MSI, any help??

SRL Compiled in 4 msec
Successfully executed.
The following DTMs were not freed: [Bronze Pickaxe...]

wclover, basically all you need to do is download java(JRE).

wclover
01-11-2013, 12:02 AM
I have re-downloaded it multiple times and its still showing up with the error. You have any ideas?

Chris Reborn
01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
I have re-downloaded it multiple times and its still showing up with the error. You have any ideas?

i'm relatively sure MSI was closed down for the time being. try out some of the scripts in the runescape section.

andy4133
01-19-2013, 01:27 PM
it all works so thanks, only issue i have is that when i drag the green cross onto the client it highlights the whole monitor screen, any way to avoid this?

Jvke
01-29-2013, 04:58 AM
This tutorial was brilliant & very easy to follow. Thank you!

stace23
02-24-2013, 11:05 PM
it all works so thanks, only issue i have is that when i drag the green cross onto the client it highlights the whole monitor screen, any way to avoid this?

I have the same issue. Have you found a way around it?

jakeyboy29
03-13-2013, 01:14 AM
im back, pm or post for help

Metroidprim1
03-25-2013, 08:27 PM
im back, pm or post for help

Is there any way you could update this guide for Mountain Lion computers?

sethowar
03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Is there any way you could update this guide for Mountain Lion computers?

I second this request... I'm trying it from the current guide right now, but not expecting great things

Runehack123
03-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey i tried what you suggested, but everytime i try it doesnt work. I downloaded srl update after restarting, it overwrites the current update. But it still doesn't let me run the script, just says same error message =( any help will be appreciated...

what errorr message are you getting?

Metroidprim1
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
what errorr message are you getting?

It just seems like Wine is updated and the steps are completely different then it's shown in the guide...if it still works even.

jakeyboy29
03-29-2013, 08:33 PM
when i can afford to upgrade my mac ill do one!

Ventura
04-17-2013, 10:24 PM
well this clearly doesnt work anymore...

wine doesnt do anything when I try to install java

i aps i ftw
04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Well guys i need some help. After downloading everything right and following the guide step by step there still is an error somehow, anoyone know what this is? 20902

Need help from anyone Asap, private message me if you're good at this and can help me through teamviewer or anything, really really need this :D

Kwassa
05-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know how to add the files to simba on wine so I can play 07 scape with it?

SeeThroughAnt
07-22-2013, 02:41 AM
I'm lost. I've gone through the install/setup guide. Ran:

program new;
{$DEFINE SMART}
{$i srl/srl.simba}

begin
ClearDebug();
SetupSRL();
end.

Ended up with:

SRL Compiled in 4 msec
Successfully executed.

JRE is installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice and I am still getting the same error. Any suggestions appreciated.

Current file for Java offline as of today.
Simba v0.99
Mac OS X v10.7.5

DrChill
07-22-2013, 06:07 AM
I have had success with running wine+SMART8.0 on linux, although for some odd reason it periodically crashes(So, only mildly successful really :p).

LaxBros
11-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Guys, SRL AND SPS show up on my bar, but MSI does not. I also received the error message of:

Exception in Script: File "srl/srl/misc/smart.scar" not found at line 2, column 5

bellboy303
11-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Why do I have no extensions under View > Extensions

jakeyboy29
12-07-2013, 08:44 PM
active if anyone needs help again :)

King
01-28-2014, 08:48 PM
active if anyone needs help again :)
Just saw this, works great ( I figured this would be how to do it) however I cannot switch to OpenGL mode and the smart client is different even after I updated it.

DeliriousKing
02-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Help meee i got this error message when i tried to run MSI: "
Exception in Script: File "srl/srl.simba" not found at line 14, column 5 in file "C:\Simba\Includes\MSI\MSI\Core\Setup.simba"

Kevin
02-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Help meee i got this error message when i tried to run MSI: "
Exception in Script: File "srl/srl.simba" not found at line 14, column 5 in file "C:\Simba\Includes\MSI\MSI\Core\Setup.simba"

MSI is something that hasn't worked in years and I'm pretty sure you can't even access it from the more recent Simbas. And spamming to 10 posts by throwing everything in a non-help section just to pm people probably hasn't been to helpful. I mean complaining about 'old threads' that started up yesterday and then grave-digging threads that noone had commented on in over 6 months? Just post to a 'Help' thread asking or help about an actual script and be a tad bit patient. Have posts (like this) in the wrong area and people that are trying to learn about Simba on Mac won't have any reason to believe they need to help you or even bother reading your comment.

DeliriousKing
02-06-2014, 07:32 PM
MSI is something that hasn't worked in years and I'm pretty sure you can't even access it from the more recent Simbas. And spamming to 10 posts by throwing everything in a non-help section just to pm people probably hasn't been to helpful. I mean complaining about 'old threads' that started up yesterday and then grave-digging threads that noone had commented on in over 6 months? Just post to a 'Help' thread asking or help about an actual script and be a tad bit patient. Have posts (like this) in the wrong area and people that are trying to learn about Simba on Mac won't have any reason to believe they need to help you or even bother reading your comment.

I'm Sorry, i won't post any more posts like that.

But i think i got my Simba kind of working now.. now i need to find a thread where they explain me how to run/download/find the scrpits on Simba..

Kevin
02-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm Sorry, i won't post any more posts like that.

But i think i got my Simba kind of working now.. now i need to find a thread where they explain me how to run/download/find the scrpits on Simba..

Scripts are nicely sorted into the sub-forum labeled scripts like here: http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64
To download them, you will just find one that describes something you want to do and then find the link of the first post of the thread where you can download it. To run it, either have simba open first and then go to file->open and find the script you downloaded, or just go to the location where you downloaded it and double-click it open. After it is opened, you will simply have to have made sure to follow the instructions first (usually labelled on the first post of the given thread), and then hit the play button.

DeliriousKing
02-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Thank you for your time& help!

So, i downloaded a script "P1nkys PowerChop" and then i went to Simba-File-Open-(the script) and this worked, so i had the script open in the window and then i ran it and got this message:

"Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'SRL-OSR/SRL.simba' used from 'C:\users\administrator\Desktop\RS\P1nkys PowerChopper - Since 2007.simba'"

Kevin
02-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Thank you for your time& help!

So, i downloaded a script "P1nkys PowerChop" and then i went to Simba-File-Open-(the script) and this worked, so i had the script open in the window and then i ran it and got this message:

"Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'SRL-OSR/SRL.simba' used from 'C:\users\administrator\Desktop\RS\P1nkys PowerChopper - Since 2007.simba'"

Preferably when you have an issue with a script, you should comment on the script's thread (that way the author knows to help you instead of random people who may have less experience or you entirely get ignored, which can still happen when you continue posting in here).

You need to do additional setup to get OSR working like this:
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106693

And please, if you have issues setting up further with that, comment on the related thread. Not in random locations where people can easily miss out on seeing your comment and cannot help you.

DeliriousKing
02-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Ok! Thanks.

I posted on that thread :)

jakeyboy29
03-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Preferably when you have an issue with a script, you should comment on the script's thread (that way the author knows to help you instead of random people who may have less experience or you entirely get ignored, which can still happen when you continue posting in here).

You need to do additional setup to get OSR working like this:
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106693

And please, if you have issues setting up further with that, comment on the related thread. Not in random locations where people can easily miss out on seeing your comment and cannot help you.

Thanks for keeping your eye on this!

EvilCabbage
07-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Working fine; thank you so much!

EvilCabbage
07-28-2014, 02:03 PM
http://content.screencast.com/users/EvilCabbage/folders/Jing/media/83a7115f-35d3-40bf-ab8e-56530a738d8f/00000860.png

I have encountered a problem. When I reach this screen and click the yellow button SMART will close. I know on Windows you have to put it on the settings you want from your browser but RuneScape doesn't work using your browser on Mac. How do you guys get around this? Or is there a browser on which it does work?

Unfold
07-28-2014, 02:26 PM
http://content.screencast.com/users/EvilCabbage/folders/Jing/media/83a7115f-35d3-40bf-ab8e-56530a738d8f/00000860.png

I have encountered a problem. When I reach this screen and click the yellow button SMART will close. I know on Windows you have to put it on the settings you want from your browser but RuneScape doesn't work using your browser on Mac. How do you guys get around this? Or is there a browser on which it does work?

Reload holding 's'. It will put it in safe mode, then manually change to opengl.

EvilCabbage
07-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Reload holding 's'. It will put it in safe mode, then manually change to opengl.
I totally forgot about this! Thank you so much!

EvilCabbage
07-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Is there anyone that uses Wine to bot on a mac in here that can help me out? @NKN didn't manage to fix it. He did find out that it was probably a mistake with SMART and as you can see about 2 posts above here I have 4 buttons at the bottom and not 3 and different ones from the normal ones despite my Simba being up to date. Anyone knows a solution?

fallacysnow
09-27-2014, 04:19 AM
If you are getting problem with can't find Path c:\program files\java follow these steps. Will edit in if I can condense it.

I Solved it!!! will edit in steps now. Just gonna take a minute to retrace all my steps.

1) Followed all steps here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69693
2) Install the SimbaInstaller.exe and THEN use WineBOTTLER to install "Simba.exe" with options-> "This is the actual program, copy it and all files that are in the same folder." (3rd one with no other options changed)
3) Do the steps to update SRL/SPS etc.
4) Open Finder. Search "winebottler" choose search "This Mac", click + on right, dropdown for "Kind>System Files", change aren't included to are included.
-This will find you folders named "winebottler" you MIGHT have numerous of them if you installed many things with winebottler.
5) Open ALL "winebottler" folder (hold shift and click on each, right click after and choose open in new tabs)
6) Skim through tab by tab until you find one with simba.exe STOP HERE.
7) Press command+arrow up ONE TIME
8) Open "Program Files"
9) Move/install Java into this location

PRESTO!!!!! O.O
(this works because it is actually file C:\Program Files\Java INSIDE the Wine for Simba... thus creating the file path SMART wants)
If you know an easier way to search for the file location or CANNOT find reply. I'll be watching my account replies closely.

Is there anyone that uses Wine to bot on a mac in here that can help me out? @NKN didn't manage to fix it. He did find out that it was probably a mistake with SMART and as you can see about 2 posts above here I have 4 buttons at the bottom and not 3 and different ones from the normal ones despite my Simba being up to date. Anyone knows a solution?

What is your problem? The SMART closing when you try to force safe mode/auto setup?
Ummm, I fixed that. I'm running Wine on Mac os. I bottled simba using above steps.
Then moved my normal settings from the RS Client into the winebottler user file (such as "users->fallacysnow") so basically there is already a settings for runescape set-up to openGL and all.

Beyond that... I haven't gotten a script to actually run... I'll need to download a few more to test it...

This is my SMART after putting my rsclient settings file into winebottler user folder.

edit: tried running different scripts from different writers. They don't seem to recognize SMART, it connects but won't start using it. OGL or DirectX...

Also I think it might fix a few things if I could actually open .simba files. but when i do it just opens Simba. and if Simba is open it opens a new Simba... :c

sincubrewer
02-12-2015, 10:27 AM
"Attempting to search for your Java path
---------- ERROR: Failed To Find Path: C:\Program Files\Java\
---------- WARNING: Failed to find your Java path"

Not quite sure :/

Did everything as stated, but still doesn't load when i click play.

running on wine via mac os.

Tried installing java tons of times :S

NKN
02-12-2015, 11:41 AM
"Attempting to search for your Java path
---------- ERROR: Failed To Find Path: C:\Program Files\Java\
---------- WARNING: Failed to find your Java path"

Not quite sure :/

Did everything as stated, but still doesn't load when i click play.

running on wine via mac os.

Tried installing java tons of times :S

Have you tried the post literally one above yours?

imthecactus
08-11-2015, 03:59 PM
All seems ok with me par from one little part. When I run the script it asks for my account (Account manager thingy) I enter in the detail and then I just get a Error : Invalid parameter.

Im running osx 10.10 and I have the feeling its to do with Java. I downloaded the .exe and clicked on it, it opens in wine and I chose to run directly in "/users/macbook/wine files" and then nothing happens. No screen or anything comes up like was shown in the tutorial.

Would appreciate some pointers.

Pendulum_From_Rid
08-30-2015, 11:58 PM
How do you get scripts onto simnba? I can't seem to figure it out.

I download the script and It requires an application to open it. I've tried wine but maybe i'm not using the right settings?

tr4p
12-20-2015, 03:35 AM
Im having the same issue with java, it seems as though wine doesn't install it.

EDIT: fixed the issue,wine is only compatible with java 7 so make sure to manually install that!

roelthekille
01-06-2016, 09:04 PM
i did everything and it installed!!! now that i have it open i only have 1 problem. my mouse moves but it wont click outside of the client.
If i let it click on the expand (+) sign of a command it dos work but i cant get it to click anywhere else while it does move the mose to there.
any help? ;_;

YoHoJo
05-23-2016, 09:45 PM
Thanks jakeyboy29; just installed Simba via Winebottler, no issues!

Lets hope I can get RS loaded once I get aerolib installed.

...searching for my includes folder.

Stunt Doll
05-29-2016, 11:06 PM
I am having a hard time installing java. 1) Wine will attempt to run this and then I will get a "fatal error message" now it will not even attempt to open it.