PDA

View Full Version : Autoing Runescape - Avoiding Ban

Avaphi
03-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Autoing Runescape - Avoiding Ban

In my opinion, banning can be avoided by doing a few things. We can discuss them here.

~UID~
From what info I have gathered, the UID is basically a small file that JaGeX puts into your computer. What it does is it generates a random number for your PC and is used by JaGeX to identify your computer to prevent multiple logging and track trades(A theory...) Before the UID was looked into, people have had theory's that it stored info about your accounts, but now some people have proved that wrong.

{Credits to Regecks for UID Info !}

~Applet Settings~
You may have heard a few people around some of the forums latley talking about "Unsigned" or "Signed". Whether you know what they are talking about, it is important to know which settings are better for autoing and which are worse, and why. There are two main ones :

Signed:
Using this setting allows JaGeX to store the UID file(Mentioned earlier) on your computer. It(To my knowledge) also allows JaGeX to see what accounts you have been on previously. This is not a good option for autoing, So keep in mind, JaGeX automatically sets it to Signed !(Beware!)

Un-Signed:
This setting is definetly you best bet. What this does, is makes JaGeX not be able to create and store info onto your computer(Including the UID). This allows you to be more anonymous while autoing. The bad thing is, is that the Un-Signed applet has to load *everything* from the RS Server. This results in more black load screens. Clearly even though it has its disadvantage, The advantage of not getting banned greatly outweighs them. Use this setting.

Changing Settings:

To change your applet settings, you must edit the settings on the page in which you choose High-Detail or Low-Detail. It will look like this:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4673/59237060ao8.png

{Credits to WT-Fawkawi/SRL Community for Applet Settings Info !}

~Autoing Variation~
First of all, you will need to make sure you use multiple accounts !(8 or more !) Then set up your scripts to run for a certain amount of time or trips(Example: 4 Loads of coal per account). This allows you to to receive less randoms, and the script will screw up less as well ! Next you will need to make sure that you use many different scripts. For example mine coal for a day or two with your entire army, then change scripts and go cut some logs. Be sure to alternate quite often to avoid ban !

This basically sums up what precautions you should take, to avoid getting banned while autoing in RuneScape !

Happy Autoing !

Mjordan
03-15-2007, 01:13 AM
i think you should put this in the tut section.

Smartzkid
03-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Nice! :) you just inspired me to post my deluid batch file; it deletes your uid every time you start ie/firefox/etc

Avaphi
03-15-2007, 03:53 AM
I am not sure Deleting the UID is such a good idea... I dont know.. Ill have to see what regecks says.

PwNZoRNooB
04-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I delete my UID every time i find it, nothing bad has happened to me yet.

The devil
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Autoing Runescape - Avoiding Ban

In my opinion, banning can be avoided by doing a few things. We can discuss them here.

~UID~
From what info I have gathered, the UID is basically a small file that JaGeX puts into your computer. What it does is it generates a random number for your PC and is used by JaGeX to identify your computer to prevent multiple logging and track trades(A theory...) Before the UID was looked into, people have had theory's that it stored info about your accounts, but now some people have proved that wrong.

{Credits to Regecks for UID Info !}

~Applet Settings~
You may have heard a few people around some of the forums latley talking about "Unsigned" or "Signed". Whether you know what they are talking about, it is important to know which settings are better for autoing and which are worse, and why. There are two main ones :

Signed:
Using this setting allows JaGeX to store the UID file(Mentioned earlier) on your computer. It(To my knowledge) also allows JaGeX to see what accounts you have been on previously. This is not a good option for autoing, So keep in mind, JaGeX automatically sets it to Signed !(Beware!)

Un-Signed:
This setting is definetly you best bet. What this does, is makes JaGeX not be able to create and store info onto your computer(Including the UID). This allows you to be more anonymous while autoing. The bad thing is, is that the Un-Signed applet has to load *everything* from the RS Server. This results in more black load screens. Clearly even though it has its disadvantage, The advantage of not getting banned greatly outweighs them. Use this setting.

Changing Settings:

To change your applet settings, you must edit the settings on the page in which you choose High-Detail or Low-Detail. It will look like this:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4673/59237060ao8.png

{Credits to WT-Fawkawi/SRL Community for Applet Settings Info !}

~Autoing Variation~
First of all, you will need to make sure you use multiple accounts !(8 or more !) Then set up your scripts to run for a certain amount of time or trips(Example: 4 Loads of coal per account). This allows you to to receive less randoms, and the script will screw up less as well ! Next you will need to make sure that you use many different scripts. For example mine coal for a day or two with your entire army, then change scripts and go cut some logs. Be sure to alternate quite often to avoid ban !

This basically sums up what precautions you should take, to avoid getting banned while autoing in RuneScape !

Happy Autoing !

Thnx 4 that i enjoyed reading it.

P1nky
09-14-2007, 02:27 AM
hmm why would they have that as a option tho??? =X and like they must have a dam way? to find out or somting but thanks still learned quite abit

Kuukkeli
09-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Nice guide! I didnt knew that unsigned thing before. Thanks.

ckeboss
09-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I use unsinged when i am autoing , but singed when im legithing like training my army.

pr1s0nbr3ak
09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Maybe you should add where you can find the UID for people who don't know where it's located so they can delete it? Nice guide anyhow.

buck cakes
10-11-2007, 06:46 AM
nice guide, i know when i first started i was paranoid as hell about what settings to use and how to avoid getting banned

this should help prevent a lot of nubbish questions