PDA

View Full Version : Luring=Legal FACE IT!

syberium
03-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Luring in to the Wilderness

We do not consider Luring in to the Wilderness to be a reportable offence. We feel that the parameters of the Wilderness are sufficiently documented and that there are good indications that the area is dangerous. The warning screen before entering the Wilderness clearly explains that any player that enters the Wilderness is in danger of being killed and losing items. All players should take care when they are near any areas that they have not previously visited.

If you are trading near or in the Wilderness then it is important that you consider the documented dangers. You are at risk of being lured and player killed, which could lead to you losing any items that you are carrying.

If you are trading then we recommend that you avoid areas like the Wilderness, Edgeville and north Varrock. If you are uncomfortable with the arrangements of a trade then try and change them or cancel the offer. If you choose to trade in one of these areas then you do so at your own risk. It should be noted that there is never a reason for a trade to take place specifically in the Wilderness, and it is advised to refuse any such offers if they are not willing to trade outside of it.

While Luring is not a reportable offence, we do not consider it to be in the spirit of the game. Any player that chooses to lure other players accepts the possibility that they may lose the respect of other members of the community who choose to play the game in the spirit that it was intended.

Posted by a mod on rs forums.. i knew this for a while but apparently some of u guys still argue about it.. if u dont beleive me go to rs forums-->pking--> and look at the sticky for luring.

TheGodfather
03-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Luring is kinda like gang killings and robberies in RS. I think it adds to the "realism" (if rs had any) to the game.

Buckleyindahouse
03-16-2007, 12:35 PM
W000t Im Back In Bussiness :)

Lvl 62 with ancients and dds ftw

Yall will never know his name except for u, Scar Noob,Syberium,Ejjman1, Pwnaz0r. Only ppl who know lol.

Smartzkid
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow, nice stats there....

I never really cared whether or not you were allowed to lure; I did it anyway :p

Derrick
03-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Luring is gay. Never done it, never been a victim of it.

smills.smx
03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Even if it wasnt legal , i would of still carried on doing it on my lure account.

Buckleyindahouse
03-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Ya, I made a free 400k once.

legendaryhero90
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM
its 100% legal so get over it!

1. if your too dumb to know that someone is taking you farther into the wilderness to fight/trade/give you free stuff (death to those who do want free cash! :f: ) then your a noob and you deserve to die and lose your things!

2. its a GAME! not real life so dont kill yourself if you get gang raped in the wilderness by a bunch of high levels (death to those who prey on noobs! :mad: )

3. if it was illegal... millions of accounts (mainly pkers and pures and hybrids would be banned now... but are they!??! NO!!) they still go about doing there own thing pking people who are noobs and people who think that running into the wilderness is FUN!

4. if you follow someone to fight/trade/give you free stuff in the wilderness... then you deserve to die! ( unless your the one who is left standing in the end...)

5. there is no good or evil in runescape... there is no right or wrong in runescape... only the will and cunningness to survive and surpass those who you consider your peers and game mates (yeah its only a game... so no one is ever your enemy nor is someone going to kill you...) :google:

6. drop this topic!

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

rkroxpunk
03-20-2007, 05:34 AM
why the hell would you lure. i mean if you manage to do it on anywhere they're gonna be a complete nub and complete nubs usually have a bronze long sword and a wooden shield so why the hell would u?

syberium
03-20-2007, 05:39 AM
rkrox-You obviously have no clue how luring works, so before u talk and act like u know what ur talkin about, THINK. u obviously dont know how to lure and u prolly try follow me to wild for free stuff.. luring is an art and there some secrets to it that people like u dont know.. and actually ppl have made fortunes of luring phats and other rares.. look up runescape lures on youtube if u need to prove urself wrong

Deni_mulic
03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Lol I lure, its fun and really halerious to see a lv90 go emo when he loses a mask or whip or even something cheap like a rune set
I used a certain zammy mage curser to get mage from 79-82, was on a school computer so i dont have a kick ass stat sig :(

Rune Hacker
03-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Scammers and hackers only think about what they are getting, not that they are taking away years of work from soemone else and ruining thier life. I lost my purple phat recently due to scamming, and ive been playing very honestly never scamming once, but there are so many immature runescape players so im just going to quit since its a crappy game full of immature brats and losers (like most people in thsi thread, i still do understand there is a small number of people who arent)

Think that you are taking away lots of hard work from someone else....So take this into mind that scammers/liers are losers who are immature brats that dont care about others and are losers.

And no, luring isnt scamming, but if you lie to them that you are buying an item and don't plan on actually trading the item, then you belong in my post since you purposly try to scam items from people that they worked hard for.

n3ss3s
03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
2. its a GAME! not real life so dont kill yourself if you get gang raped in the wilderness by a bunch of high levels (death to those who prey on noobs! )

I laughed 10 minutes

legendaryhero90
03-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Scammers and hackers only think about what they are getting, not that they are taking away years of work from soemone else and ruining thier life. I lost my purple phat recently due to scamming, and ive been playing very honestly never scamming once, but there are so many immature runescape players so im just going to quit since its a crappy game full of immature brats and losers (like most people in thsi thread, i still do understand there is a small number of people who arent)

Think that you are taking away lots of hard work from someone else....So take this into mind that scammers/liers are losers who are immature brats that dont care about others and are losers.

And no, luring isnt scamming, but if you lie to them that you are buying an item and don't plan on actually trading the item, then you belong in my post since you purposly try to scam items from people that they worked hard for.

lol

are you refering to me?

i'm mature alright and was stating what i believe is right.
who gave you the right to judge people like so?!:garfield:
like i've said before..."dont kill yourself because you got gang-raped by a bunch of high lvls in the wilderness"

and rune hacker...
i think your being a bit of a hypocrite as to what you said above^^^

1. first of all... your name is Rune Hacker...yet you despise hacking...

2. second... its a GAME !!! i cant stress that enough! of course people are going to use "dirty tactics" to achieve their goal... its the way of things

3. your at a macroing and cheating site... so that does not make you all good either... i doubt your playing "honestly" since macroing and using 3rd party programs are breaking the rules :sasmokin:

4. i don't think your mature enough to understand that not everyone on runescape is "honest" and "good". there are rotten people out there... it's reality :rolleyes:

syberium
03-23-2007, 10:57 PM
rune hacker = 10 year old who got scammed due to lack of knowledge and stupidity. First of all if u lose a phat on rs it shoudent ruin YOUR LIFE! its only a a game! so go ahead and quit rs, maybe ull quit these forums to since u despise cheating so much. Id love to see u gone.

legendaryhero90
03-23-2007, 11:05 PM
seriously people...

get over it! its legal :duh: :cartman: :rolleyes:

Kingofptw
03-23-2007, 11:05 PM
What are you talking about in this topic,luring has always being legal...

It's not the fault of lurers if runescape community is really stupid

Rune Hacker
03-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Im not immature, and im 15...

Im just saying that you dont realize that you are taking what someone else worked hard for.....I know you can do it, but its still very meen and dis-respectful. Im not saying you cant, im just saying your being ass holes when you do it and laugh at the other person that worked hard for that item. How would you like if you worked hard for a santa hat or soemthing and lost it to a scammer, i bet you wouldn't like it. Im just saying its meen.

legendaryhero90
03-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Im not immature, and im 15...

Im just saying that you dont realize that you are taking what someone else worked hard for.....I know you can do it, but its still very meen and dis-respectful. Im not saying you cant, im just saying your being ass holes when you do it and laugh at the other person that worked hard for that item. How would you like if you worked hard for a santa hat or soemthing and lost it to a scammer, i bet you wouldn't like it. Im just saying its meen.

i wouldnt like it and ill bug that person to death and aim to get it back by luring HIM/HER to the wildy and kill them to get it back

it's just that simple :stirthepot: :sasmokin: :f:

Cheesehunk
03-25-2007, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZCbh6ZEH4

Just thought some of you would enjoy this..:rolleyes:

Rune Hacker
03-25-2007, 06:28 PM
That is very impressive. God he is rich. But i would never do that personally because i know it would make the other person feel horrible and ide be really guilty. That vid does show how they dont fucking care that they are taking away all that work from those players. Though, he lured a hell of a lot.

legendaryhero90
03-26-2007, 04:37 AM
That is very impressive. God he is rich. But i would never do that personally because i know it would make the other person feel horrible and ide be really guilty. That vid does show how they dont fucking care that they are taking away all that work from those players. Though, i have he lured a hell of a lot.

you can only do that if your member..

dagger5678
03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Luring in to the Wilderness

We do not consider Luring in to the Wilderness to be a reportable offence. We feel that the parameters of the Wilderness are sufficiently documented and that there are good indications that the area is dangerous. The warning screen before entering the Wilderness clearly explains that any player that enters the Wilderness is in danger of being killed and losing items. All players should take care when they are near any areas that they have not previously visited.

If you are trading near or in the Wilderness then it is important that you consider the documented dangers. You are at risk of being lured and player killed, which could lead to you losing any items that you are carrying.

If you are trading then we recommend that you avoid areas like the Wilderness, Edgeville and north Varrock. If you are uncomfortable with the arrangements of a trade then try and change them or cancel the offer. If you choose to trade in one of these areas then you do so at your own risk. It should be noted that there is never a reason for a trade to take place specifically in the Wilderness, and it is advised to refuse any such offers if they are not willing to trade outside of it.

While Luring is not a reportable offence, we do not consider it to be in the spirit of the game. Any player that chooses to lure other players accepts the possibility that they may lose the respect of other members of the community who choose to play the game in the spirit that it was intended.

Posted by a mod on rs forums.. i knew this for a while but apparently some of u guys still argue about it.. if u dont beleive me go to rs forums-->pking--> and look at the sticky for luring.

You should put what the mod wrote in quote tags. But, very interesting.

Thick As Blood
03-27-2007, 11:06 PM
it's not like 80% of the runescape community actualy works for items,, they probably got it from back in the day, when red phats used to be 2 mill and pink were 5 and i think blue were like 18, or something, they saved it, transfered it to rs, and kept it, it's not like 2-18 mill isnt hard to get.. seriously. If you actualy worked, sweat and blood for the party hat, and you spent money on it, you think that you'd take into consideration the consiquences of purchasing somethign of that value, and walkign around with it on your head and showing off like a rich faggot. i mean seriously think about it... if you purchase it, put it in your bank, and forget about it for 2 years, and sell it agian, it's only going to be worth more..

Smartzkid
03-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Awesome vid there, Cheesehunk!

Quite insane...

Sean[714]
03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
LOL ITS A GAME AND PIXELS,
if its legal, and other people are doing it, you might as well do it to make some cash.
You're already breaking the rules by autoing.
You might as well take another step.

Rune Hacker
03-28-2007, 02:01 AM
But i hate fucking immmature kids that take items away items from someone that worked very hard for it and don't give a shit. I would personaly feel very guilty for taking away an item like that, but you epople dotn give a shit and i hate that. I got my purple party hat scammed a couple weeks ago that i worked over 2 years for somepletely honestly...I bought it when it was 86m also.....all completely earned scam free by me. People that scam, lure, and shit like that are all immature kids who need to grow up and make money the right way. Autoing isnt affecting anyone else though so dont post anything about it. Im jus tsaying that they only think about themselves and no one else like fucking brats.
Also, i know your immature if you reply soemthing like "get over it" instead of something like "that sucks, i hate people like that" because thats how all of you act.

Sean[714]
03-28-2007, 02:11 AM
I just got scammed 6M, it isnt a lot, but its all i ever had.
I finally, after months, bought veracs.
I enjoyed it a bit, and a week later i got hacked..

I really dont care anymore,
I know how much it sucks man,

Rune Hacker
03-28-2007, 02:16 AM
I could see losing like 10m would suck, but think if that was 150m you lost.
It just shows that it sucks, but the people who did the scam probably have no guilt when ide feel really guilty. Like Jojo in that lure vid was the most fucking immature brat ive ever seen who will grow up as a bum and no friends because he only thinks about himself and not others.

syberium
03-28-2007, 05:06 AM
its a game. so what u lost a phat, maybe if u werent stupid enough to go in the wild with it ud still have it? and autoing only effects you? really? so all those yew bots arent affecting the price? and all the ess bots and lobby bots arent affecting the prices? taking away money from "legit" players? You sound like a very immature person who is angry at the world for losing his beloved pixels.

Deni_mulic
03-28-2007, 07:02 AM
lol.
Seriously get ice blitz and 80+ str then try NOT lure

Rune Hacker
03-29-2007, 01:52 AM
its a game. so what u lost a phat, maybe if u werent stupid enough to go in the wild with it ud still have it? You sound like a very immature person who is angry at the world for losing his beloved pixels.
That is EXACTLY what i said immature fucking kids say...yet you still said it...You are exactly the type of person i dont like because when someone loses something you just say "ah ha, loser, get over it". How would you feel if you lost 2 years of work...i bet you wouldnt feel the same then(I know you wont take any thought into this, but try at least). I cant really express how i feel in just a post, ide need to come up to you in real life and punch you to show how i really feel. This isnt about me losing my phat, im over that by a long shot, but about losers like you who dont give a shit about others. I dare you to give another stupid reply to this.

danrox2004
03-29-2007, 02:04 PM
lol luring is against the rules now... new update - its against rule 2 now..

botmaster
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
http://kbase.runescape.com/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2072
RS just updated rule number 2 and now luring is classified as scamming. Enjoy!

Killerdou
03-29-2007, 04:48 PM
mh.. its against the rules.. maybe i should do it then...

botmaster
03-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Lol. Let's go create a lurebot. One that pk's all the lured peepz. Easier would be a wine of zammy lurer though. Close the door and watch the noob die :p. Not a lot of profit, but fun :).

Thick As Blood
03-29-2007, 07:21 PM
sucks now, check this out..

29 March 2007 - Rule 2 Update
In our continuing efforts to make RuneScape a nicer place to be, we've just made a slight modification to Rule 2. It hasn't changed much at all, it's more of a clarification, and there are no changes to the meat of the rule itself. If you look at the bottom of the rule, here, you'll see a brief list of example scams. We've now expanded this to state that luring someone into the Wilderness under false pretences is definitely a scam.

The majority of you all are good players who stick to the rules, so this shouldn't affect you, but rule breakers beware!

Note: This is a reversal of what was posted on the forums a while back. We realised the earlier decision was a bad idea, and that luring really isn't very nice.

Oh well, dosent effect me.... :p

Geo
03-29-2007, 07:24 PM
luring illegal = face it

lol yea JaGex just ruined another exellant type of money maker

Smartzkid
03-29-2007, 07:31 PM
The line between luring and pking is pretty blurry...I don't think anyone's gonna get in any trouble for luring, as you could just claim that you were pking. Jagex should have left things alone, as now, every noob you kill is gonna report you, claiming that you 'lured' them

Rune Hacker
03-30-2007, 10:54 PM
The line between luring and pking is pretty blurry...I don't think anyone's gonna get in any trouble for luring, as you could just claim that you were pking. Jagex should have left things alone, as now, every noob you kill is gonna report you, claiming that you 'lured' them
Ah ha, yeah. Everytime we get pked, lets just say we were lured since they can't tell the difference. Lets see how they react.

Warthogman
03-31-2007, 01:59 AM
I totally agree with you guys. Lure shouldnt be against the rules. If people are dumb enough to walk into something as obvious as that, they should get pwned... are they dumb or what?

syberium
03-31-2007, 02:10 AM
That is EXACTLY what i said immature fucking kids say...yet you still said it...You are exactly the type of person i dont like because when someone loses something you just say "ah ha, loser, get over it". How would you feel if you lost 2 years of work...i bet you wouldnt feel the same then(I know you wont take any thought into this, but try at least). I cant really express how i feel in just a post, ide need to come up to you in real life and punch you to show how i really feel. This isnt about me losing my phat, im over that by a long shot, but about losers like you who dont give a shit about others. I dare you to give another stupid reply to this. dang. im intimidated now. woo wee hes acting hard over the net he must me bad fucking ass.

Btw - Could a mod/admin change the title to rule 2 discussion please. now that jagex updated the rules pking is gay cuz of the amount of noobs who are going to report u.

Meanage
03-31-2007, 02:53 AM
luring protest world 112 now, starting to die coz people are getting bored and muted. I left coz you cant protest when no1 can see what your saying :)

legendaryhero90
03-31-2007, 05:18 AM
luring protest world 112 now, starting to die coz people are getting bored and muted. I left coz you cant protest when no1 can see what your saying :)

protest all you want but its jagex's game and they run the autocratic game

~alex~
03-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Imo luring shud have been banned long ago... its just as bad as scamming. Yes you might say its the person's fault for being stupid and getting lured but still.. I dont like the idea of lieing and deceiving for your own gain like that.

c0de
03-31-2007, 01:24 PM
NOT ANYMORE
29 March 2007 - Rule 2 Update
We've now expanded this to state that luring someone into the Wilderness under false pretences is definitely a scam.

The majority of you all are good players who stick to the rules, so this shouldn't affect you, but rule breakers beware!

Note: This is a reversal of what was posted on the forums a while back. We realised the earlier decision was a bad idea, and that luring really isn't very nice.

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=751

syberium
04-15-2007, 05:27 AM
R.I.P Luring

crapkiller
04-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Imo luring shud have been banned long ago... its just as bad as scamming. Yes you might say its the person's fault for being stupid and getting lured but still.. I dont like the idea of lieing and deceiving for your own gain like that.

I agree withyou , and rune hacker too... So what if someone is stupid? just because they are an idiot they deserve to work for 2 years and then get it stolen? :confused:

jahiti
04-23-2007, 04:52 PM
yeah ihave lured sometimes in history and have been lured its just fun.