PDA

View Full Version : Movie > PS3 Help

DeiJaiVui
01-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Alright so, my mum's work friend has 500GB of movies that he wants to copy on my 320GB PS3, not all of it obviously. I was wondering how do I copy it from laptop > PS3? Could you help me out?

Thanks,

DJV~~~:fiery:

[XoL]
01-10-2012, 03:10 AM
External Hard drive = $70 USD (1 terabyte) Can hold all of that + another 500 gb.
Connect it to your Ps3 make sure the format is Mp4 (HardBreak) Can do that for you, it is a free video converter no watermark.

Or just a bunch of flash drives to transfer/usb link laptop to Ps3 (But really external hard drive is the best)

DeiJaiVui
01-10-2012, 03:33 AM
External Hard drive = $70 USD (1 terabyte) Can hold all of that + another 500 gb.
Connect it to your Ps3 make sure the format is Mp4 (HardBreak) Can do that for you, it is a free video converter no watermark.

Or just a bunch of flash drives to transfer/usb link laptop to Ps3 (But really external hard drive is the best)

Wait so I'd have to copy it to a usb/hardrive and then copy it to the PS3? Isn't their some sort of line that I can connect?

Dan Cardin
01-10-2012, 05:03 AM
i know you can stream it to the ps3 from the computer with no problems, but if you want the movies directly on the ps3, i think you need to, yes, copy it to a usb or harddrvie formatted in fat32. I know that if you want to be able to view them in the movies section you have to put them in a folder named "VIDEO" but im not sure if thats necessary for copying them to the ps3 hd.

DeiJaiVui
01-10-2012, 05:08 AM
i know you can stream it to the ps3 from the computer with no problems, but if you want the movies directly on the ps3, i think you need to, yes, copy it to a usb or harddrvie formatted in fat32. I know that if you want to be able to view them in the movies section you have to put them in a folder named "VIDEO" but im not sure if thats necessary for copying them to the ps3 hd.

Alright thanks for the info.

Grihmm
01-10-2012, 07:00 AM
To actually put them on your PS3, you have to put it onto a flash drive, and then onto the PS3. Or you could just stream from a computer to your PS3, with Vuze for instance. Also, the files don't have to be in a folder called Video. You just have to be under the "Video" section in your PS3 to see and play the files.

cause
01-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Great question, I myself have wrestled long and hard with my ps3 and getting it to play movies. What I found to work the BEST (way better than vuze IMO):
Download and install Ps3 Media Server
Setup the directory that you want to share to the ps3
Then under your video tab you should see the folder you shared with all the subfolders
Press triangle over the video you want to copy and hit copy!
I can't remember exactly but you may be able to copy multiple at the same time.
Also, I would highly suggest hardwiring the laptop to the router, then the router to the ps3 if you want optimal copy speeds. You should expect about 8MB/s. (Although my old router maxed at 3MB/s)

DeiJaiVui
01-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Great question, I myself have wrestled long and hard with my ps3 and getting it to play movies. What I found to work the BEST (way better than vuze IMO):
Download and install Ps3 Media Server
Setup the directory that you want to share to the ps3
Then under your video tab you should see the folder you shared with all the subfolders
Press triangle over the video you want to copy and hit copy!
I can't remember exactly but you may be able to copy multiple at the same time.
Also, I would highly suggest hardwiring the laptop to the router, then the router to the ps3 if you want optimal copy speeds. You should expect about 8MB/s. (Although my old router maxed at 3MB/s)

Oh, well turned out I just had to copy from a portable hard drive. You just press triangle over the folder you wanna copy and it copies the whole folder! (:

Kasi
01-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh, well turned out I just had to copy from a portable hard drive. You just press triangle over the folder you wanna copy and it copies the whole folder! (:

better off just using Windows Media Player and use streaming as Dan Cardin and some other members said, as dire as it is it gets the job done and saves alot of space and its quite easy to set up.

DeiJaiVui
01-17-2012, 03:08 AM
better off just using Windows Media Player and use streaming as Dan Cardin and some other members said, as dire as it is it gets the job done and saves alot of space and its quite easy to set up.

It's not my hardrive so I had to return it in a day. :p

Decision
01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
I use this:
http://www.acryan.com/product/playonhd2/
Doesn't take your space of your ps3 :P
And only like 120 euro

DeiJaiVui
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I use this:
http://www.acryan.com/product/playonhd2/
Doesn't take your space of your ps3 :P
And only like 120 euro

Cool, but I wanted to use space on my PS3 lol.