PDA

View Full Version : 300

YoHoJo
03-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Well i just saw 300 yesterday.
My friend torrented it and we watched on his 62' plasma :p (showoff)

Anyways i though all th action was completely incredible.
The talking got boring now and then, but there wasn't too much of it.

I think this movie will fulfill any action lovers craving.
What do you guys think of this move?

Ron
03-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I saw it in the movies. I love the surround sound and the 60 by 25 foot screen. It immerses oneself into the movie, you know? :D

I liked all the action and the story. They were all great, but the small things that kept taking me out of the movie and into reality were the strange creatures. Such as the hunchback, the tall guy that looked like he was from Street Fighter, and the ugly looking guys with masks of Darth Vader.

Those things kept making my friends and me laugh.

Overall, I still found the movie entertaining and my money's worth. :) Much better than most movies that come out now days.

YoHoJo
03-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah it was incredible, the action and slow motion and blood was cool =).
I also like how there was a wide variety of armies for the Persians,

My favorite though was the arrows
"Fight in the Shade"

whales
03-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Yea, I saw it the night it came out I thought the action was unmatched by any movie. The talking was pretty boring though, and the hunchback almost killed the movie in my point. It seemed pretty realistic till the hunchback and the exaggerated animals/freaks. Other than that it was awesome!

Ruroken
03-17-2007, 11:37 PM
SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

great movie.

lordsaturn
03-19-2007, 02:36 AM
SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

great movie.

roger that, great movie

logik
03-20-2007, 03:45 AM
AGHHH STOP GIVING AWAY THE INFO LOL!!! im gonna see it tomorrow and now you somewhat ruined it lol :P well it was my fault because of my curiosity but yea i will give more details after i see it :D

Special Ed
03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
"There's no reason we can't be civil, right men?"

*Stabs guy in face*

"Yes Sir!"

Lol... that was hilarious, and where did he get that apple?

Ejjman
03-24-2007, 05:44 AM
I'll post back later

-EDIT: odpfjdlfkjadfopj/ This movie was teh shizzn0s.

ttocszed
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
THIS IS SPARTA!!! *drop kicks perisan messenger into pit*

This movie kicked ass!!! i saw it saturday the 2nd day it came out!! i would totally pay 6.25 to watch it again

Cheesehunk
04-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I just saw it last night at the theaters. Usually I wouldn't post a review, but I thought this movie was so great that it was needed. YohoJo beat me to it.

Today I just started downloading a torrent of it, because I want to watch it again. I almost want to buy a PSP for the game! Excellent movie and story line, the talk wasn't boring. It had an awesome story line and tons of action. Definetly recommended for everyone 14+

WARNING, SPOILERS BELOW:

My Favourite part was at the end when the spartan King knelt down to Xerxes.. Then you know what happened next. The final fight seen with the Spartans was next to none in any movie in my opinion.

END SPOILER

Dark_Sniper
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
yes this was probably the best movie i have seen in a while.. i torrented it...

and like yohojo it went on a 62" plasma!
rotfl.

A G E N T
04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Lol, I guess I've got to be that one guy who just has to disagree with everyone else. I just really can't stand movies like that. The dialogue was really just awful, where there was any, other than the occasional quip usually accompanied by some act of random violence, which others before me have mentioned. The action scenes somewhat redeemed the movie, but really... after about 2 hours of Gaah! and AAARGH!! and SPARTA!!!.... I'd pretty much had it.

Also, just to be really lame, I decided to :google: it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_thermopylae ... especially:

Dismissing the rest of the army, King Leonidas stayed behind with 300 Spartans and 700 Thespian volunteers. So the movie wasn't even accurate! Muahahahahahah!

Lol, check out the picture though on the Wikipedia article...is that funny or is that funny?

$PYD3R
04-04-2007, 02:36 AM
omg i loved that movie :rolleyes: . makes me proud to be part greek, kinda..lol. The matrix action scenes were insane and the darth vader masks were funny as hell. Overall, that movie totally kicked ass. I don't care how inaccurate it was, that movie was insane.

legendaryhero90
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!

they exaggerated too many things in that movie

Ejjman
04-05-2007, 03:18 AM
I like the boobies

HanTu
04-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Rofl Ejj. I only love the....

The first fight where they formed the phalanx at the narrow cliff and watch thousands of persian charged at them. When the persian reached them, they were like dragged back for a moment. Haha that was nice.

Cheesehunk
04-06-2007, 10:39 PM
So the movie wasn't even accurate! Muahahahahahah!

The movie isn't meant to be an accurate depiction of what actually happened. The google Earth map they have setup on the 300 official site even quotes from that article. The movie isn't meant to be historical, just based on historical events.

Leon64
04-08-2007, 01:45 PM
300 is the best!!! Only reason why is called that is cause he brought 300 soldiers :p.... and leonitus :) <--my name

Secet
04-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Only reason why is called that is cause he brought 300 soldiers :p

Woah. Thanks for telling me this, I couldn't found out what that name stands for!

legendaryhero90
04-09-2007, 12:33 AM
the best line in that movie is:

"THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*kicks the messenger and others in the hole*

JuKKa
04-10-2007, 05:55 AM
just downloaded the movie, it was great!

Santa_Clause
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Ahh....JuKKa's Back...Nice To See You Here Again...

*Whispers To JuKKa* : "Wanna Tell Me How To Make Stats Of My Script An Infinite Number?"

hacker
04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm downloading the movie now can't wait to see it!

neG
04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Woah. Thanks for telling me this, I couldn't found out what that name stands for!

I cant tell if your being sarcastic or not lol.

Im seeing this movie this weekend,
I have it on my PC but I think it would be better to watch it for the first time in the movies :)

JuKKa
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Ahh....JuKKa's Back...Nice To See You Here Again...

*Whispers To JuKKa* : "Wanna Tell Me How To Make Stats Of My Script An Infinite Number?"

nope i wont..

gnarlz
04-16-2007, 11:42 PM
hunchbacks lived back then like that from incestual birth defects in athens men had sex with men and sisters anyone so they could procreate for the war and thats what happened.
and it is legened that giants like that lived back then cross between humans and other creatures

d3hm3d
04-18-2007, 06:51 PM
the best expierience is to watch it on projector at home!!!!