PDA

View Full Version : Got my rs account stolen

Kingofptw
03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
This afternoon,i go to connect on my rs account,it don't work,i go at someone stole my account,it did worked,i log on my account,check my bank account:5000 rune ess stolen,200k gp stolen,2k iron stolen,rune pickaxe stolen,all is remaining in my bank is a piece of charcoal...

Is there anyway to stop hackers from hacking my account,it's the fourth time now ...

Sumilion
03-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Set a bank pin :)

Kingofptw
03-18-2007, 09:26 PM
You are funny,making a pin will take 7 days and that hacker will try to hack me again...What i do till now?

And with a pin most bots DON'T WORK

This is the fourth time my account get hacked,i'm really bored...

I can see the alimentation chain of runescape:

Member Hackers>F2P Hackers>SRL Members>F2P SRL>Members>F2P

I guess im gonna buy myself a bronze pickaxe and continue mining ess :'(

Sumilion
03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
And getting hacked again ... not smart, how come you keep getting hacked anyway, does he know your recovery questions ? if so, message jagex about it.

Kingofptw
03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Well i am betting on something like brute force :P

Smartzkid
03-18-2007, 09:54 PM
You are funny,making a pin will take 7 days and that hacker will try to hack me again...What i do till now?

And with a pin most bots DON'T WORK

First: Get a good antivirus program, sounds like you might have a keylogger; do a full system scan with it

Second: Set a good long password (mine is 20 random letters/numbers)

Third: Set a bank pin

Fourth: Re-set your recoveries

Fifth: It's easy to make a bot work with a pin: just add inpin(pinnumber) into the banking procedure

PS: Jagex killed passcrackers. They all used passlists, anyway; if you had a unique password, you were pretty safe.
The reason almost all online passcrackers use passlists is because true bruteforcers are too slow for online passcracking

Kingofptw
03-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I think i know why i got 'hacked',i letted my password writen in one of the scripts i submitted :duh:

I hope the asshole that did have my cash go to hell...

Ejjman
03-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Ur looing at this at the entirely wrong perpective. You can learn from this. :)

Dunceiam
03-18-2007, 11:40 PM
My bet is a key-logger. I got a key-logger a long time ago, and had about 5 million taken.(I had a bank pink, but I was buying full zammy at the time so I left my cash in my inventory) So consider yourself lucky, I personally recommend SpyBot Search and Destroy. But any anti-spyware software would work.

-Dunceiam

Jason2gs
03-18-2007, 11:56 PM
PS: Jagex killed passcrackers. They all used passlists, anyway; if you had a unique password, you were pretty safe.
The reason almost all online passcrackers use passlists is because true bruteforcers are too slow for online passcracking

Don't suppose a close friend told you that? :p

Buckleyindahouse
03-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Don't suppose a close friend told you that? :p

Possibly, You'll be suprised what RuneScape does to people.

Deni_mulic
03-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Dude use a password generator and use a password like [';rt,[opethpfhn then scan ur computer with every free anti spyware on the internet, then change ur password + recovs

WhiteShadow
03-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Scan for keyloggers

-> pass -> recovs

Jason2gs
03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Possibly, You'll be suprised what RuneScape does to people.

*cough* Me :p

I told him that a while before he posted that.