PDA

View Full Version : How to Become an SRL Member

Daniel
02-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Guide to SRL Members

Purpose:
The goal of this tutorial is to put a dent in the growing amount of applications that we (SRL Members) see nowadays which will pretty much get an instant-no vote.
Understanding The System:
First, you must understand the process on how you become an eligible SRL Member.

When you apply, you are essentially creating a new forum thread (you can notice how your post count goes up when you do). This new forum thread contains all the information you filled out when you submitted your form. It also contains a poll, with the following options: 'Yes', and 'No'. We (SRL Members) vote by either choosing the 'Yes' option or the 'No' option. If you have 65% or more votes in your favour, you will most likely be guaranteed the SRL Member rank, however, please note that a staff member has the ultimate decision.
Submitting Your Application:
First of all, do you meet the following requirements?

I am nice and helpful around the forums?
I have got to know many people from the community?
I have been here for a while (greater than one/two months)?
I have a script?
I am not applying within a month of my last application (if you had one)?

Those points will be expanded upon later, but that right there pretty much gives you a basis on what we vote on.

Okay, so you passed that little test with at least a score of 100% (yes, 100%) and you want to become an SRL member? Great, so here's the steps:

First, find the link that says Apply for SRL Membership. See the picture below if you are still confused as to what you should click.
http://villavu.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13680&stc=1&d=1328406910
Once you've clicked on that, you are now greeted with the application you need to fill out. See below to learn how to answer these questions, although they are quite self-explanatory.

How long have you played RuneScape? How many years have you played RuneScape for? This gives us an idea on how familiar you are with the game, and when you decided to start botting. This doesn't really affect the application result, and can be anything. But, please be truthful.
Are you affilated in anyway with Jagex LTD? Well, are you? This somewhat does affect the application process (it's just a signal for us to be more strict and careful when voting). In accordance with our terms of service, it is illegal for members/associates of Jagex to enter, browse and use this forums.
Were you Referred to SRL? This requires either a Yes or No answer. It basically means who brought you here? How did you find out about us (SRL)? Although it isn't really necessary (since it *should* be in your profile), you are still required to fill it out. This does not affect the application result at all.
If you were referred, by whom? If you answered Yes to the above question, who brought you here?
What is your general programming knowledge? List all the programming languages you know how to code in, quite well. This shows us (the voters) how knowledgable you are in other fields of programming, and what you are capable of. This also does not affect the application result at all.
Are you a member of any other communities? (If yes please name them): Sythe? PowerBot? RSBuddy? Robotzindisguise? Other forums/communities on the web? Give us your username on the respective forums as-well if you are. This can allow us to get an in-depth understanding and history of what you are like, your attitude and your capabilities. However, most don't. This also does not affect the application result.
Tell us about yourself...: What's your name? Where are you from? What do you like doing (i.e. hobbies)? Do you still go to school or attend university? If the latter, which course are you doing? People generally read this to get a feel of who you are, and to see if they are like you. People at this community are constantly looking to make friends (NOT in a sad way :p). Please remember to not post any personally identifiable information!
Please show us one (or multiple) of your scripts.: Here's one of the most important bits of any application - your script. This script HAS to be written and able to compile in Simba. It must work. Show us a progress report of it working! Make sure it isn't too short, and make sure scripting standards are suitable for others to read! Put your script inside tags, and don't attach it! Also, a note to everyone: There is NEVER a case where plagiarism isn't caught out. It always is, and if you do, you will be a suspension (ban) from the forums - simple, just don't do it.

Now, go back over and check your application for any errors, and simply bad language. You want this to be perfect!
Once you are satisfied, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
You will be directed to something which looks like a new thread (because it IS a new thread)! Favourite/Bookmark this link, as this is where SRL Members will talk to you, and tell you why you are getting a No vote from them, and why you are getting a Yes vote, plus information on how to improve your script (there's always room for improvement!)

What do we look for?
This will be divided up in to three categories. As these three things will be what decides the result of your application. Ranked in order of importance (to least important):

Attitude:
This is what we look for in SRL Members. Attitude. If an applicant doesn't have a good attitude, too bad, so sad, you won't be getting in. Don't swear, don't harass, or anything else that is considered rude, disrespectful, vulgar and crude. And do note, it isn't just your application we look at for attitude - it is the entire forums. Always someone will remember when someone has a repeatedly horrid attitude, and they always will bring it up in the application. Attitude is the deciding factor in an application, and if you have an incredible attitude and have been around for a while, you can often get in with a next-to-nothing script.

Activity also falls under the attitude category. Do you constantly help people? Do you not spam? Do you show that you want to learn and won't just leave or are just in it for the scripts (if you are, don't bother applying)?

Script:
I will divide this up in to three sections, definite, not required and instant-no. The definite is what we definitely look for, and will vote no if those items are not present. The not required section is what we would like to see, but are not required to pass:

Definite:

Intrinsic documentation (is your script formatted properly ? do you use suitable variable/method names?)
Use of TPAs (TPointArrays)
Custom object finding (that means using NO FindObj* or ACA, make up your own!)
Use of auto-colouring (NO ACA generated functions)
Walking (try not to use SPS, but instead try TPA walking/use RadialWalk)
Appropriate use of variable scope (i.e. local/global variables)
Loops (repeat..Until, while..do and for..to..do)
Arrays
Case statements
Randomisation (i.e. use [I]Wait(200 + Random(300)) instead of just Wait(200))
Backups/fail safes (in case something goes wrong, do what?)

A most common fail-safe is to add if(not(LoggedIn)) then Exit;
Anti-randoms
A script greater than 300 lines

Not required (but nice to show):

Memory management (i.e. don't load and free a DTM in a procedure, then continuously call that procedure. Load it once, then free it at the end of the script)
DTM finding (e.g. for inventory/bank objects, equipped items, etc)
DDTMs
Banking
Multiplayer (try to always include multiplayer unless your script is superb)
Anti-ban
Combining methods (i.e. not having one-liner procedures/functions or a separate method for every single little task)

Things that will get you an instant-no:

Use of rudimentary mouse methods (i.e. MoveMouse and ClickMouse)
Clicking static coordinates
NOT utilising the SRL include
Solely using reflection/interception/injection techniques, without any colour finding or colour fail-safes involved.
Only using FindObj*/FindDTM* to find objects on the main screen
Having inefficient code
Having code that is illogical
Having NO script! (<- should be obvious)

Longevity:
This is least important as so many people have little regard for it, or will only take this into account if the user applying is submitting his/her application immediately after registration, or within the same month of registering on the forums. If however, you are well known, helpful and active, then longevity won't really matter regardless of your duration here at the forums.
The Thread:
Remember to favourite/bookmark the thread link. SRL Members will often pose questions, and comment on your script and you in general. Feel free to respond to these in kind! :) If you get a 'No' vote, don't reply saying, "Looks like I won't be getting in...", that's just a negative attitude right there. Be positive, remain positive, and we will be the same with you. Treat others as how you expect to be treated.
FAQs:
How long does voting take?
The poll, by default, automatically disables new entries two-weeks after the application was made. However, it all depends.

If it is obvious (which some are), and you receive a significant amount of yes votes compared to no votes, then a staff member will manually close the thread and the poll and give you the rank of SRL Members.

If however, it is rather close (or the user has a significant amount of no votes), they (the staff) will let the poll run for the full two weeks then tally up the results and decide whether or not the use is allowed to become an SRL member.

What if I don't get more than 65% votes in favour, but I still have more yes's than no's?
A staff member will close the thread stating when you can apply again (generally, it is one month).

Do I have to create a new script to apply with?
No, absolutely not! You can apply with a script you have already released to the public. In fact, it is encouraged to do so!

When can I apply again if I failed the first time?
One month. Unless stated otherwise by a staff member. Sometimes (albeit rarely), staff members will allow a user to reapply again after two weeks have passed.

Can I apply with a team script?
Sure, but only if the majority of it is your work (majority in this case being ~65% or more), with code that isn't yours properly credited and commented.

Super Secret Information:
This information is incredibly secret, and the original posts are only found in the SRL Members section (only visible to SRL members). So shh, don't tell anyone I had it here <_>

Serious note: I'm putting it here because I don't see why it isn't relevant, and why people applying can't know how we vote (it's basically just a repetition of the aforementioned).

For those of you that suffer from acute recurrent ignorance, here are some rules and guidelines:

Only vote "no" if you have proof the person is a spammer, liar, or overall bad guy
Be open to different outlooks on people.

Remember: In the applications we are looking for the following types of people:

People with good attitudes
People who are willing to contribute
People scripting with the SRL include
People following SRL guidelines - Multiplayers, breaking out of potential infinite loops, Antirandoms, Antiban, good scripting standards etc.

F.A.Q.
Q: On a bad application (eg: "hello world") what should I do?
A: Report the post, link the applicant to the requirements thread and explain why his application is a bad one.

Q: What if we don't know the person who is applying?
A: You don't need to know them. Sometimes it is better to not know them personally to remove an bias' there may be.

Q: What if you hate the person applying?
A: Don't vote. If you honestly believe the person would not be a good member then you may post your reasons why in a polite way.

Q: What if it is not an RS script?
A: Judge it as another kind of script. If you think the script is not complex enought then vote according to your thoughts. RS scripts are the usual in applications, but not a must.

Q: What if it is not a Simba Script?
A: A simba script is a must for SRL Members, as this is a group for those who have shown proficiency in simba scripting.

Basically those posts reiterate what I said above. And also brings up another point, the application process is neutral.
Final Note:
For those that have satisfied all of the requirements, "Good luck!" :) For those that don't, you will get there, just keep trying! For those that are only in it for the scripts and/or leechers, forget it, you won't be getting in.

Post on this thread if you have any further questions regarding the process, and we will reply :)
Regards,
Daniel. :)

cause
02-05-2012, 02:01 AM
+rep!! Sticky this! Daniel has this dialled in, this is exactly what we look for!

Geo
02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Excellent guide, very much needed. Hopefully the link to this thread will be put into the welcome message when it's implemented.

Good job, Daniel. :)

Rezozo
02-05-2012, 02:40 AM
I have a question.

If you make a script before becoming a member of SRL, keep updating it to match RuneScape, everyone is using it, and later you wish to become one, can you use the same script to apply?

My curiosity amazes me...

Edit: Whew, Thanks Mister Hob...

HOBBIT???? AAAAAAA!!!

Hobbit
02-05-2012, 02:43 AM
I have a question.

If you make a script before becoming a member of SRL, keep updating it to match RuneScape, everyone is using it, and later you wish to become one, can you use the same script to apply?

My curiosity amazes me...

Yes, it is still a script you have made :)

Flight
02-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Wonderful job with this. I couldn't agree more.

loser69
02-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks for this might apply soon.

lilcmp1
02-05-2012, 04:20 AM
I really appreciate this. It clears up some questions.

One other question though - you say we don't need to come up with a new script if we released one here. Do we need to come up with a new script if it was declined? As in can I edit it a previous entry to use more things & fix mistakes and retry with it or would it be better to go ahead and just make a new script altogether?

Kyle Undefined
02-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Awesome post! This explained beautifully! Only thing, make sure you point out that the script has to be for Runescape.

[XoL]
02-05-2012, 04:46 AM
I was going to make one of these. Very nice though, I love it!
...all the secret information :P

Great job, rep.
E: nope, I need to spread my rep around first.

Daniel
02-05-2012, 05:19 AM
I really appreciate this. It clears up some questions.

One other question though - you say we don't need to come up with a new script if we released one here. Do we need to come up with a new script if it was declined? As in can I edit it a previous entry to use more things & fix mistakes and retry with it or would it be better to go ahead and just make a new script altogether?
You can modify it. As long as it meets the guidelines above, and you take into account what SRL member have said on your last application.

Awesome post! This explained beautifully! Only thing, make sure you point out that the script has to be for Runescape.
Doesn't really have to be for RuneScape if it's superb :)

Er1k
02-05-2012, 07:27 AM
That's most impressive. Some of these I didn't quite know until I check out others' appliances in the members section (2 weeks voting time, etc)

One thing about the longevity. I think it's rare for someone to get in within 6 weeks after registering here, right?

About the instant-no items. I think it's not very bad to use the rudimentary mouse methods if you are aware of what you're doing. For example, I use ClickMouse2 after I checked my mouse pos is in the region I want. I agree crude static coords clicking is a no, but coords clicking with randomisation and added failsafes are sometimes good acid tests in some applications.

Daniel
02-05-2012, 07:36 AM
About the instant-no items. I think it's not very bad to use the rudimentary mouse methods if you are aware of what you're doing. For example, I use ClickMouse2 after I checked my mouse pos is in the region I want. I agree crude static coords clicking is a no, but coords clicking with randomisation and added failsafes are sometimes good acid tests in some applications.

ClickMouse2 is different to ClickMouse ;)

BaYBeeZ
02-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Daniel, thank you for the awesome guide. As a new member I am finding this guide and the tutorials in your signature most helpful. I really appreciate all the time and effort you have been putting into helping us new people out.

I do have one question for you that I hope you can answer. How much help are we allowed to ask for in order to make our scripts the best they can be? Personally, I have been reading through tons and tons of guides without practicing in many scripts yet. I am trying my best to learn things on my own with the resources available, but I was wondering if by asking for help, do you look down upon someone who applies for SRL Members more as opposed to someone who has been able to figure everything out and write their script completely on their own? Thanks!

Daniel
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I do have one question for you that I hope you can answer. How much help are we allowed to ask for in order to make our scripts the best they can be? Personally, I have been reading through tons and tons of guides without practicing in many scripts yet. I am trying my best to learn things on my own with the resources available, but I was wondering if by asking for help, do you look down upon someone who applies for SRL Members more as opposed to someone who has been able to figure everything out and write their script completely on their own? Thanks!

There is no limit to asking questions. Ask as much as possible. :)

DeiJaiVui
02-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the guidelines :)!

bewaredrev
02-11-2012, 10:59 PM
time to BRING THE THUNDAH

rice
02-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Good To know these things I need to refresh my memory on Thanks Daniel

laakerules
02-15-2012, 06:09 AM
This is nice... But one thing, if someone votes no they should definetly have to post why cause when i get no's only like 1 or 2 post why and then i fix and edit those things and make my multiple scripts better. But then when i have 15 or so other no's then what did i do wrong?

asap1
02-15-2012, 06:24 AM
This is nice... But one thing, if someone votes no they should definetly have to post why cause when i get no's only like 1 or 2 post why and then i fix and edit those things and make my multiple scripts better. But then when i have 15 or so other no's then what did i do wrong?

I agree 100% with laakerules because he has made some great scripts and should be members by now :)

Failedpure
02-15-2012, 06:24 AM

I believe they do post why they voted yes or no. And I think you only apply with 1 script so make it your best.

Daniel
02-17-2012, 07:28 AM
I think you only apply with 1 script so make it your best.
There's no stopping you to apply with multiple. :) But, keep in mind, that all scripts added up should meet the above requirements. As long as you know and understand concepts and show that you do understand them, then you should be fine. :)

BraK
03-09-2012, 09:11 AM
dang it Daniel you know how many places I have to go to change out this guide for the other one? I read through the whole thing this I must admit is a pretty amazing guide. I'll replace the old one in a few places but others I'll just add it to the list. Cheers on the great tutorial.

alexes
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks for this guide I would like to be some day a SRL member but the scripts I do are really buggy :( but time on time. Thanks for this pots +rep for you hehe :P

Zockuito
03-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Thank you so much! :D I am fairly new to the forums, but I hope to start contributing with some awesome scripts (I hope) and some good feedback. Thanks for clearing up some questions, and I hope I get to meet some more peeps >:)

rice
03-19-2012, 09:18 AM
thanks for the post Daniel I will be referring to this to make sure I'll keep up my SRL standards.

Wyn
03-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Is using SPS good for using in scripts that would be used in a app, have any apps included SPS? If not why?

How would the App be looked at any differently?

Caotom
03-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Is using SPS good for using in scripts that would be used in a app, have any apps included SPS? If not why?

How would the App be looked at any differently?

Sps is not looked at favourably in members apps as it is the most basic walking type (just click on map points using a program and paste the co-ords in).
It is fine to use sps in your app script as long as it is not your only walking type (it better be a damn good script is sps is your only walking...)

My advice, try to use radial walking for long distances and dtms for specific point moving.
~Caotom

Wyn
03-27-2012, 03:03 AM
Sps is not looked at favourably in members apps as it is the most basic walking type (just click on map points using a program and paste the co-ords in).
It is fine to use sps in your app script as long as it is not your only walking type (it better be a damn good script is sps is your only walking...)

My advice, try to use radial walking for long distances and dtms for specific point moving.
~Caotom

I was thinking of using dtms of walking and using sps as a fail-safe (If distance is to far away then use sps to correct, or to that some sort of extent.)

Would something like that be appraised? As this script was gonna be for a resource dungeon and it would have a considerable amount of walking.

rice
03-27-2012, 07:29 AM
I was thinking of using dtms of walking and using sps as a fail-safe (If distance is to far away then use sps to correct, or to that some sort of extent.)

Would something like that be appraised? As this script was gonna be for a resource dungeon and it would have a considerable amount of walking.

What i use is RadialWalking then DTM then SPS as failsafes. SPS isnt a reliable mapwalking

Wyn
03-27-2012, 03:13 PM
What i use is RadialWalking then DTM then SPS as failsafes. SPS isnt a reliable mapwalking

I haven't touched either of those in years lol. I guess I need to brush up on them.

Xydan
03-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Just a fast Q, I was thinking of learning the scripting to release a GDK, And for more experience in new codes, As i have become really rusty.

If i were to release a GDK?
Would you prefer it to be not released to public due to Leeching, But testing would be rather difficult.

Should i just make another bot?
Other than that i was thinking a Red chin Monkey skele bot, Just for the sakes of testing and playing around with the walking and combat coding.

What do you guys think?
And where would you suggest i start with the codes?
I can do a little coding with simba and i understand some of the code, I'm just not sure with alot of the key words but the layout makes sense as i was quite skilled with VBS back in the day.

Don't judge me by my posts i'll easily surprise you.

xtrapsp
04-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Use of TPAs (TPointArrays) I USE APTA IS THAT OK?
Custom object finding (that means using NO FindObj*, make up your own!) I STILL USE FINDOBJ IN THE SAME SCRIPT AS APTA IS HAT OK?
Use of auto-colouring IS THIS COLOR SPIRALS ETC? OR IS IT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT?
Walking (try not to use SPS, but instead try TPA walking/use RadialWalk) I USE SPS FOR WALKING BECAUSE IT IS A SHORT DISTANCE IS THIS OK?

Caotom
04-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Custom object finding (that means using NO FindObj*, make up your own!) I STILL USE FINDOBJ IN THE SAME SCRIPT AS APTA IS HAT OK?
Use of auto-colouring IS THIS COLOR SPIRALS ETC? OR IS IT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT?
Walking (try not to use SPS, but instead try TPA walking/use RadialWalk) I USE SPS FOR WALKING BECAUSE IT IS A SHORT DISTANCE IS THIS OK?

As far the the walking goes, I would advise at least using dtm walking if it is short.
A script that has complicated walking and uses things like radial walk would probably be looked on more favourably than a much shorter one, but I don't know your script so this may not really apply.

~Caotom

Frement
04-01-2012, 11:58 AM

ATPA, remember when I told you what it is? So yes, you are using TPA's.
In my opinion you can use both.
And what comes to walking, if its short, I would just use RW or something (But thats me being stupid, so don't take my word for it.)

xtrapsp
04-01-2012, 07:29 PM
ATPA, remember when I told you what it is? So yes, you are using TPA's.
In my opinion you can use both.
And what comes to walking, if its short, I would just use RW or something (But thats me being stupid, so don't take my word for it.)

Yea, but Villavu is strict ;) Was just making sure

as for the walks SPS seemed best because DTM walking at castle wars is a bit wierd... SPS into bank then DTM's inside the bank to get closer to the bank booth is what I've done

wister1
04-02-2012, 12:54 AM
forget DTM´s, start thinking in DDTM´s, TPA and RadialWalk because if you only use DTM´s or SPS forget about becoming member...trust me...

xtrapsp
04-02-2012, 09:17 AM
forget DTM´s, start thinking in DDTM´s, TPA and RadialWalk because if you only use DTM´s or SPS forget about becoming member...trust me...

so some people say use DTM's. Some say don't... I've used TPA's before... so that would explain my understanding... so why not

Adamcoled
05-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Great guide.

xtrapsp
05-12-2012, 02:52 PM

Wister i got SRL using sps... I love it... Yea i tried other methods but making custom maps and using sps from that is sexy as hell...

Look at the end of the dayc if you show your eager to learn all types of methods effectively im sure you'l get in :)

wister1
05-12-2012, 03:26 PM
i aplied with my west keldagrim miner which uses dtm and i wasnt acepted cause it depended on dtms too much, oh well, i see to some they are more complacent, and to others not so much...

Thanatos
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
For walking I was wondering what the method is that members like the most to see in scripts.

xtrapsp
05-15-2012, 06:14 AM
For walking I was wondering what the method is that members like the most to see in scripts.

I said. A variety, shows you know backups etc

Peter
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Just curious is there ways to become a member without creating a script? I do script when I get a chance and I am trying really hard to get it working, its a simple mining guild miner and banker. But I was wondering if it is possible to become a member for creating script - guides, general guides, helping out on posts or helping with basic issues?

Abu
05-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Just curious is there ways to become a member without creating a script? I do script when I get a chance and I am trying really hard to get it working, its a simple mining guild miner and banker. But I was wondering if it is possible to become a member for creating script - guides, general guides, helping out on posts or helping with basic issues?

Impossible*.

SRL Members must be able to create working scripts of good quality.

However, creating guides and helping out around the forums can still earn you these nifty cups:
- SRL Helper Cup
- Useful Poster Cup
- Tutorial Writer Cup

If you want to know more about what cups you can receive, go here: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27792

Also, scripting knowledge will come in time :)

* There is the rare occasion you may be friends with the admin or have displayed previous experience in exceptional scripting in which case you can obtain the rank without the need of a script

MrMonkeyPooPants
06-27-2012, 11:43 PM
What if, for instance, you and a friend work on a script and are both non-members. If both were applying could they use the same script if they reference each other?

Silent
06-28-2012, 07:42 PM
What if, for instance, you and a friend work on a script and are both non-members. If both were applying could they use the same script if they reference each other?

I'm going to say no. One of you probably can't even use it. The script a user submits is supposed to be at least ~65% their work. And that which isn't needs to be properly credited. So if you have split the work it probably isn't going to get you in.

I appreciate the idea of a project being divided for a script, but it simply won't get you any traction applying for members.

And they definitely won't let two people in with the same script, no matter what.

Leonardo Da Vinci
08-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Is it absolutely necessary to have made a script to be a member?
Or is there another way around it?
What about the donation system?

eska
08-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Is it absolutely necessary to have made a script to be a member?
Or is there another way around it?
What about the donation system?

yes
no
no

Leonardo Da Vinci
08-16-2012, 09:31 PM
yes
no
no

Damn.
Well, I was intending on donation anyway... But just out of curiosity, doe it do anything for my account? Give it a little more credibility?

Nebula
08-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Damn.
Well, I was intending on donation anyway... But just out of curiosity, doe it do anything for my account? Give it a little more credibility?

Donator cup for donating $5+

Daniel
08-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Donator cup for donating $5+

Plus additional rewards such as having avatars, increased inbox size, etc.

Nebula
08-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Plus additional rewards such as having avatars, increased inbox size, etc.

Aren't the perks were supposed to be a secret? :p

It's more "Click here to buy an avatar and increased inbox space (http://villavu.com/forum/misc.php?do=donate)" than a donation.

Daniel
08-18-2012, 04:30 AM
Aren't the perks were supposed to be a secret? :p

It's more "Click here to buy an avatar and increased inbox space (http://villavu.com/forum/misc.php?do=donate)" than a donation.

Those perks that I mentioned are no big secret. It's the ones I haven't mentioned ;)

Solar
08-18-2012, 07:39 AM
I donated about 2 weeks ago, when is the avatar due to appear. :(

Caotom
08-18-2012, 07:53 AM
I donated about 2 weeks ago, when is the avatar due to appear. :(

If the donations was more than US$5.00 then pm Hobbit ;)

~Caotom

Solar
08-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Just PM'ed Hobbit, thanks for the info.
Poor guy must be swamped with PM's.

Leonardo Da Vinci
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
To who ever -rep'd me saying
Lol. Never try to apply you will get auto declined, you obvious aren't in it for the commuinty.
That's not true. I've bought several pascal coding PDF's, I watch at least two pascal scripting videos a day, and I love this community.
When I said "credibility" I was not implying it was a bribe to become a member, although I can certainly see how it could have been taken that way.
All I meant is, are there any perks? And from reading up above, I now know there are.
Although I would have donated regardless of perks.

goon mike
12-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the thread, really looking foward to learning to write scripts and meeting some new people!

Sin
03-02-2013, 08:44 PM
bump

Thanatos
03-02-2013, 08:48 PM
bump

hmm...a bump...new users applying for SRL membership without actually being good enough?

Sin
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
hmm...a bump...new users applying for SRL membership without actually being good enough?

=/...

Ian
03-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Very perceptive of you :)

Thanatos
03-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Very perceptive of you :)

Do i get a cookie?

Kindle
03-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Are any of these questions optional?

samerdl
04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Nice read! as much as i love this community, i don't think i'd ever be eligible to apply for SRL membership.

On a side note, if you could add more documentation and specially examples to the guides it would really help us noobs script better and maybe even use tpa's properly.

Hoodz
05-05-2013, 10:13 PM
One day i will try this...

Foundry
01-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but can I apply with a script I made for my own include if I just attach all of the files to do with the include together as a zip and paste the script itself in tags with the post?

The Killer
01-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but can I apply with a script I made for my own include if I just attach all of the files to do with the include together as a zip and paste the script itself in tags with the post?

It's debatable, since part of Srl members is about how well you utilize the include. But Exceptions are often made. Give it a shot :)

Hazzah
01-12-2014, 12:26 AM
SRL Members is overrated, bunch of nubs in there :P

slacky
01-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Github the include, I would relly prefer not to download a bunch of random files to review.. Much easier to view am online. I am all for going out side of the box.

Foundry
01-12-2014, 03:00 AM
Github the include, I would relly prefer not to download a bunch of random files to review.. Much easier to view am online. I am all for going out side of the box.

I've never really done that before but I'll give it a go, thanks.

MyRSGP
04-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the guide mate.

Threshold
04-17-2015, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the guide mate.

Are you aware the last post was over a year ago? :duh:

J_R
04-17-2015, 08:40 AM
Are you aware the last post was over a year ago? :duh:

In his defence, this isn't really a bad thread to bump, still very much relevant I'd hope

GetHyper
06-13-2015, 01:57 PM
In his defence, this isn't really a bad thread to bump, still very much relevant I'd hope

I agree, I'm currently reading through the few guides there are about becoming a member and they are quite informative.

akela
06-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Excellent guide! Really needed this guide. Thank you alot :)

SlipperyPickle
10-14-2015, 11:19 AM
I don't know if this is the place to ask. But, before I'm going to apply, I'm wondering if I can already apply. I have three public scripts, and one coming up (although that project keeps on becoming bigger :p ). Is that enough, or do I need to do more?

SlipperyPickle

Camel
10-14-2015, 01:49 PM
I don't know if this is the place to ask. But, before I'm going to apply, I'm wondering if I can already apply. I have three public scripts, and one coming up (although that project keeps on becoming bigger :p ). Is that enough, or do I need to do more?

SlipperyPickle

Glancing at your signature I forsee people saying your scripts aren't quite complex enough (I might be wrong) but generally things with walking and a bit of TPA/ATPA play have higher approval rates by their innate complexity. If I were you I would wait on this project of yours... because you said it was big, and people like big things. I would vote for something big.

And if you apply and you don't make it, everyone will pretty much tell you exactly what/where you did/went wrong. Then you can always apply again with that knowledge.

AFools
10-15-2015, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the reply camel; i have been wondering the same thing. I have been working on an all-in-one script. something that can do almost everything ineedbots script dont do; in regards to skilling.

I have another release coming soon.