PDA

View Full Version : New hits of bans from the Jagex's bannhammer?

plekter
02-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Seen many new threads of people being banned, was wondering if its normal or has Jagex turned their anticheat up a notch?

I am currently macroing 2 characters 20/7 and would surely want to dodge this hit.

Main
02-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Perhaps bot a bit less, its never good to auto more than 8 a day.

Are you using simba?

PatDuffy
02-24-2012, 03:23 AM
20/7? Jesus. I do like 4/5 as a human might. That like asking to be banned.

plekter
02-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Yes, I am using Simba. I have moved my valuables to my banker account but I will keep this up. What do I have to loose. ;)

Harry
02-24-2012, 03:28 AM
Do just a couple hours a day or at least use breaks, or you're gonna get spurdobanned :DD I just do a few breaks every few hours and it works good for me.

plekter
02-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I am using small breaks too AND I am usually monitoring and completing randoms too, atleast when I am not sleeping. Ive gotten around 22m XP on one character and 12m on the other without getting any problems.

fretje12
02-24-2012, 03:31 AM
im botting on 15 account all members all on summer garden, jagex dsnt give a fuck for bots :P

Flight
02-24-2012, 03:32 AM
They're not looking so much for bots, just gold-famers or such. If I had to guess I'd say they look for things like...

Do you always do the same task every day?
Does that task generate money?
Do you take breaks / alternate tasks while doing the main task?
Do you ever interact with other players? (Trade/Chat)
Do you ever sell your goods and use the money to buy other things?

Jokester
02-24-2012, 03:58 AM
24/7 or gtfo! Haha but really you shouldn't be botting that much. I'm fairly certain jagex has been banning accounts and rolling back their gold if they are suspected of "gold-farming" I've seen posts about people claiming to be legits(im not sure if they are really not botting or what) and getting their gold taken away. I haven't seen any posts about their xp being rolled back so if it doesn't generate gold you are probably safer than if the task did make some money. My guess is that they are upping their ban rates. So if you are purchasing gold from some websites it will most likely be taken away and you would have lost money. So watch out! Hope I helped!

Texy
02-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Lmao.. So I was just botting on RS (obviously), and babysitting. There are 2 other people mining around me. Some guy comes over, says "I hate bots. They ruin the game." All 3 of us are like "lol." The new guy says "Oh, so nobody here is botting" and leaves. And right after he leaves, the other two people admits that they were botting and obviously so was I... He couldn't have been more wrong :P. Heh.

And honestly, if I reported them, they wouldn't even get banned because I've reported failed bots many times, and then seen them around later with no rollbacks or bans.

plekter
02-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Thats pretty stupid to report people who dont respond back. Tbh I think these guys cause emotional harm to players and should be reported themselves.

dale3k21
02-24-2012, 04:23 AM
I don't see how that should even factor into whether you're botting or not. My public and private chat are always set to friends, that way I don't have to listen to everybody else. They can talk to me all they want, it won't show up for me.

Texy
02-24-2012, 04:25 AM
I don't see how that should even factor into whether you're botting or not. My public and private chat are always set to friends, that way I don't have to listen to everybody else. They can talk to me all they want, it won't show up for me.
Same. When I leave my bot unattended, I set public to friends, private to off, and sit in my Clan Chat (who know not to talk to me).

jatex
02-24-2012, 04:31 AM
You all are way to caught up in the hours of botting.. Getting banned is all about bad luck, getting reported, and failing randoms.

Prior to the nuke, I've had 14-15+ day proggys. Any account I was working on generally ran for 12-15 hours a day (and still does.) I've never been banned and I've botted nearly every 99. Most of them a multitude of times.

IMO time isn't a big factor, mostly being reported/failing randoms is. Jagex has no idea if you're 40 years old and sitting in your basement doing nothing but eating Bagel Bites and playing Runescape.

Er1k
02-24-2012, 06:05 AM
I usually bot straight with babysitting, whenever I'm at my PC I'm probably botting. I don't know, but do breaks actually help with reducing randoms?

P1nky
02-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I think it's if you transfer gold, that is when they just have a excuse to ban you.

okokokok
02-24-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't know how good their detection is. When iDung was still around i botted for 1 week straight. Not banned or whatever, still botting min 8 hours a day. So i don't know, but 1 advice: Switch the skill you are botting. Nobody can train the same skill more then 4 hours/day.

Anthano215
02-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah i still bot 8-16 hours a day on my account, although I'm always babysitting the bot and doing all the randoms/switching worlds if I notice a lot of people/or anyone near me lol. I don't really bother with breaks that much since I'm always watching it for randoms. I will do a quest everyday though and then bot the rest.

Brotein
02-26-2012, 09:35 PM
The time you spend botting has nothing to do with it. I botted my account to maxed combat running 24/7 at soulwars, breaking only for game updates and client crashes. Ran idungpro for a very long time as well. Used a thieving bot and ran it for 8 days straight to get 99 thieving. Sam for agility at ape. Did I get reported? Yes, I had to have and I also got stuck in some randoms for quite some time. Yet my account is about 2 years old now and still running fine with no offenses. My thoughts are simple. Bot skills, you're in the clear. Bot for money, and you'll be noticed as a "goldfarmer" and receive a ban. It's at the point where they really don't punish players looking to bot, only players looking to make money.

krisg05
02-26-2012, 11:10 PM
It dosnt look like there doing much to stop gold farming ethier since i gold farm about 12 hours a day doing the same thing have been since free trade came back not one of my gold farming acounnts has been banned (touch wood) looks to me like there only going after big gold farming companys xfering bills a day.

Hero
02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
I was only banned on two accounts my whole life. First was because back in the day I payed for membership with my moms Checking account and it went negative so they banned me for owing them like a dollar(Had to get membs RS2 was coming out!).

The other time was because I used a shit free reflection script. Honestly you all worry about something that WILL happen eventually unless you flake on your account/project early. So bot bot bot but ensure you have a plan if sh*t hits the fan

Also you should realize RS likes to build suspense. They will allow it for a bit and then bam something big.

Brotein
02-27-2012, 03:18 AM
The only account that ever got banned was one of my mining bots a while back, and that's because it failed some random, and was stuck in the top of falador castle running around for 4 days before I came back from vacation ;). Even then it took another 3 weeks of 24/7 on F2P to get banned. Never lost a member's account.

Nemesis3X
02-27-2012, 04:24 AM
Getting banned is all about bad luck, getting reported, and failing randoms.

This is exactly the best answer you can get! Many of us are old botter and We did see all these Bans are purely bad luck for most of them.

I have seen many time people testing The banning System and my conclusion is! Bad luck with People reporting YOU! That will be the thing that will kill you and Do you know who are the people that report you? The same people that use the same script as you and want you to leave his spot by reporting you! I used do to it in the past and it works! If you report someone a lot, it eventually lead to a ban if he is botting.

It's sad, but that how it works. Our biggest enemy is actually the one that is doing like us...

jatex
02-27-2012, 04:46 AM
This is exactly the best answer you can get! Many of us are old botter and We did see all these Bans are purely bad luck for most of them.

I have seen many time people testing The banning System and my conclusion is! Bad luck with People reporting YOU! That will be the thing that will kill you and Do you know who are the people that report you? The same people that use the same script as you and want you to leave his spot by reporting you! I used do to it in the past and it works! If you report someone a lot, it eventually lead to a ban if he is botting.

It's sad, but that how it works. Our biggest enemy is actually the one that is doing like us...

I myself would report individuals who stole my spot while I was already there. As for general botters though, no.

Example:
I'm botting Red Chins, been there for 6+ hours, a person comes along and starts his bot right where I am and have been.
I'm going to report you for doing that, it's just a dick thing to do. Get your own damn world.

EtherFreak
02-27-2012, 04:54 AM

And that is why I refuse to use auto responders, and have my character log out if her name is said. I know I would report if I saw botlike activity, and the character refused to respond, or better, if they responded with an autoresponder that had fail written all over it. The best was the autoresponder that would respond "My fire making level is..." every time you said "FM LVL".

I guess the moral of the story is, have your bot play like you, and you should be golden.

Mr Stoj
03-02-2012, 03:23 PM
ive botted 24/7 on my main now for 2 years now max cape 100% botted
i made this acc cos my last one got banned for marco/major
it was mostly a test to see how far i could get.

i think the reason ive not been banned is i try to chat in a clan chat for about 1 hour a day weekdays and i have never ever gold farmed with it.

ive been seeing alot of people complaining about bank wipes, i haven't transferred any money onto my main for about 5 months and have mules just sitting with cash. for if/when they bring out a new skill and i need to throw copious amounts of money at it.

i want to be no1 even if it is only for 10 mins, just a big forget you to jagex

**appologies for foul language. got carried away

Here2help
03-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I've only ever gotten banned once. back when i had no idea what i was doing. I set up an auto clicker over night for like a month straight, waking up in the morning still clicking sitting in a random.....

Since then I've gotten smart. 7 99's and rest above 70. Let me tell you now that it does not matter how much you bot but how well you do it. I've been botting on simba for a while now and the trick is baby sitting. I either always have smart open or check back on it ever couple minutes. Without this you are bound to get banned. All you really need to look for is randoms. Pass those ALWAYS and you wont get banned.

typestyle
03-04-2012, 06:21 AM
So you guys are saying that alching is pretty much the safest bot out there right now? Considering that at soulwars you have no randoms from what I've heard/seen

MaxPower
03-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Scripts that run in soul wars are pretty safe, as long as they have some randomized clicking and failsafes. I agree with what Mr Stoj and Here2Help are saying about safe botting practices.

Hunaja
03-04-2012, 06:23 PM
One of my accounts was stuck in freaky forester for three days straight because i was away from home and had Crashsmart enabled with wrong script.. This happened almost a month ago and my account still remains unbanned. :p

Swagger
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I myself would report individuals who stole my spot while I was already there. As for general botters though, no.

Example:
I'm botting Red Chins, been there for 6+ hours, a person comes along and starts his bot right where I am and have been.
I'm going to report you for doing that, it's just a dick thing to do. Get your own damn world.

This.

foxfly1
03-06-2012, 01:17 AM
I've botted my various accounts for hours and hours (24/7 or close to it) and nothing has happened *knocks on wood*. most of the people here are right they really don't know if someone actually plays 24/7 it's possible. when I played legit way back in the day being 11 years old that's ALL I did. so anything is possible. my advice, (as said before) is don't get stuck in randoms. also it's best not to bot unless your semi-watching it. (unless of course your using a disposable account). example: I'm botting cannonballs and i've been running it about 3 weeks now around 20 hours a day. and nothing has happened yes during the day ocassionally i will check on it, but the randoms are very rare to get doing this (not sure why).

brandon8081
03-06-2012, 12:29 PM
One of my accounts was stuck in freaky forester for three days straight because i was away from home and had Crashsmart enabled with wrong script.. This happened almost a month ago and my account still remains unbanned. :p

why would you run a bot when your gone for 3 days?

Home
03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Just do 24 / 7.

When I run some mule I run it at least 50 Hours straight (No Breaks, just Crash Smart).

- No Bans.

~Home

unteenager
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I have been botting for the last 4 years on 5 accs. 1 was only banned @ the ranged guild after leaving it there from 75-97 ranged for bout 2-3 weeks. My other auto miners never got banned, and not even my main on which I botted most of my 99s.

Er1k
03-09-2012, 10:41 AM
example: I'm botting cannonballs and i've been running it about 3 weeks now around 20 hours a day. and nothing has happened yes during the day ocassionally i will check on it, but the randoms are very rare to get doing this (not sure why).

No xp activities can still get you randoms if you have moved by any chance. The only possibility of getting no randoms at all by staying online is to stay at the same title forever and never do anything that yields any xp.

JN13
03-10-2012, 09:20 PM
No xp activities can still get you randoms if you have moved by any chance. The only possibility of getting no randoms at all by staying online is to stay at the same title forever and never do anything that yields any xp.

I bet there's a time element to Randoms as well, so you will probably get them still if you do absolutely nothing.

kunzy
03-10-2012, 11:09 PM
haha nice i hope i dnt get banned, bot like 15 hrs a day 0_o

ShawnjohnSJ
03-16-2012, 07:21 AM

Example:

You do realize that there are only a limited number of worlds to play in and the spot you're catching red chinchompa's at isn't yours whatsoever. You can't report someone for taking your spot...

Sorry :p Just had to rant a bit about that comment.

Kajutsky
03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
24/7 or gtfo! Haha but really you shouldn't be botting that much. I'm fairly certain jagex has been banning accounts and rolling back their gold if they are suspected of "gold-farming" I've seen posts about people claiming to be legits(im not sure if they are really not botting or what) and getting their gold taken away. I haven't seen any posts about their xp being rolled back so if it doesn't generate gold you are probably safer than if the task did make some money. My guess is that they are upping their ban rates. So if you are purchasing gold from some websites it will most likely be taken away and you would have lost money. So watch out! Hope I helped!

Any legit sold-selling sites? Don't want to get scammed

kunzy
03-20-2012, 08:53 AM
people just been botting rediclous amounts lately be safe u should be fine.

Imanoobbot
03-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Perhaps bot a bit less, its never good to auto more than 8 a day.

Are you using simba?

I botted for 2-3 years with a injection ( <-FAIL) bot 22/7 and I never got a ban or anything like that. I made like 100m exp in slow skills as Mining, Rcing etc. I think if you use good scripts there a really low chance to get banned.

-Imanoobbot

Olly
03-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Meh I bot as much as I can 24/7, Never had an account banned. If I get banned I get banned, but honestly I think its all down to luck

NeoX
03-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I botted for 2-3 years with a injection ( <-FAIL) bot 22/7 and I never got a ban or anything like that. I made like 100m exp in slow skills as Mining, Rcing etc. I think if you use good scripts there a really low chance to get banned.

-Imanoobbot
yeah i used to use rsbots those paid ones and actually gotten around 4 stats to 99 , also made some cash. But now that simba is here hehe <3

alexes
03-24-2012, 12:59 PM
I've been botting 10h per day since 6 months and never been banned. U just need to know how to use the bot and try a good bot and you wont get banned.

Nexz
03-25-2012, 10:21 PM
They're not looking so much for bots, just gold-famers or such. If I had to guess I'd say they look for things like...

Do you always do the same task every day?
Does that task generate money?
Do you take breaks / alternate tasks while doing the main task?
Do you ever interact with other players? (Trade/Chat)
Do you ever sell your goods and use the money to buy other things?

I'd say that too. One think I'd add tho is: bots always get stuck in particular random events.

bots420
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Wow.... I think it is really sad to report fellow botters, and Its not just one or two, it is quite a bit of people that do it.
My main got reset after around 8 or 9 months of botting. It would fail randoms and stuff. It took a while but it eventually happened. Just cause it hAsn't happened yet, does not mean its not going too. I think they just wanted a few more months of members out of me before they did it. It happened when I quit playing for a few months and stopped buying mems. Maybe they reset me cause I stopped paying? Who knows.
Be careful out there guys :)

Omniusaspirer
05-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Wow.... I think it is really sad to report fellow botters, and Its not just one or two, it is quite a bit of people that do it.
My main got reset after around 8 or 9 months of botting. It would fail randoms and stuff. It took a while but it eventually happened. Just cause it hAsn't happened yet, does not mean its not going too. I think they just wanted a few more months of members out of me before they did it. It happened when I quit playing for a few months and stopped buying mems. Maybe they reset me cause I stopped paying? Who knows.
Be careful out there guys :)

I report the blatantly obvious bots. They diminish the quality of the game for legit players, and do it in such an obvious way they deserve the ban. Go to Sorc garden. It's just ridiculous the number of lvl 3's with names like "lksdofijwer" are running through there. I wish there was a "report area" option for that.

Adamcoled
05-11-2012, 09:07 AM
I bot as much as possible.

Pure Wrecked
05-17-2012, 08:32 AM
20/7? Jesus. I do like 4/5 as a human might. That like asking to be banned.

I legit 20/7 run other accounts on simba simultaneously, never been banned

Chromer
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
My guess is that most of the banned people claiming to have only used colour-clicker bots are pretty much lieing. They've probably used some sort of injection/reflection bot on the side.

krasniy
05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
My guess is that most of the banned people claiming to have only used colour-clicker bots are pretty much lieing. They've probably used some sort of injection/reflection bot on the side.

Agreed.

One thing that I find interesting is that there are so few reports of Banning....

You would think in the Garden for example there would be tons...the place looks like an Uncle Milton's Ant Farm on virtually every level on the mini map!

edfromhumanresources
05-19-2012, 08:12 PM

If they could detect injection/reflection bots then everyone that uses them would be banned, which is not the case. Your statement just makes you look like an ignorant color fanboy.

krypto100
05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
i think that jagex is giving us a last chance for all botters until june 25 ( the combat update) which will is another bot nuke
so they wont ban any till then

Adamcoled
05-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Bot 24/7 or don't at all.

wister1
05-21-2012, 08:40 AM
they are taking a break from the banhamer, besides they need more cash not less :P

nokkasiili
05-21-2012, 09:27 AM
If they could detect injection/reflection bots then everyone that uses them would be banned, which is not the case. Your statement just makes you look like an ignorant color fanboy.

They would not ban 60% of their userbase:duh:

xProdigy
05-21-2012, 10:11 AM
^ This, Their bot detection has failed for years and I see it remaining that way for awhile..

melee
06-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Well I've been running scripts with smart manager on my pure for at least 23/7 for the past month and have not gotten banned :)

Snozzberries
06-10-2012, 04:42 AM
I do about 20/7 also(I do treasure trails as a firm anti-ban and I havn't been banned in a year. The banned forums on Epicbot and Rsbot was near empty with few cases. I got reported today by some prick but I talked after so its probably going to wash off. I sucicde on my main (With 3 expensive 99s) I got banned before for microing minor and got a 14 day with no reset which expires in 1 month(Gotta last 1 month without getting banned but I also need max combat by july) I think its slowed and they try not to ban valued customers.

bigboy63
06-15-2012, 12:39 AM
I botted for 24/7 for about 5 months straight and the only accounts that were banned were my f2p accounts....weird eh? But my main and my pker were both running constantly as priority and I've never once been banned on either of them(members)

n00b? n00b?
06-15-2012, 12:43 AM
As long as you're suiciding with purely Simba you should be fine 99% of the time.

Since botting in general depends on luck you may as well go for broke.

Benny
06-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Let's hope they're not out for the kill.. Would rather like to keep my main..

lured yah
06-16-2012, 07:14 AM
I haven't heard of any botting bans lately, let's keep it that way.