PDA

View Full Version : Reflection.

Google It
03-22-2012, 03:41 AM
Hey, I was wondering if anybody was wanting to help me code the first Reflection bot after the update (I think) (In Java, btw) I was wanting to use see if we succeeded that we could implement it into SMART. Thank you for your time,

Bye! Google

Harry
03-22-2012, 03:44 AM
Not to discourage you, but unless you have previous experience with it, you won't be able to. Nor will SRL support it, as Reflection is now considered illegal to do.

Google It
03-22-2012, 03:47 AM
I thought Injection was the one that was illegal. It is the one that modifies the code, Reflection just reads it, and moves the mouse there.

Vinyl Scratch
03-23-2012, 02:41 AM
I would go with Harry's advice, and not try to do this.. Atleast yet, because you're still new, and don't know to many people. I would like to see this come into fruition. You can PM me screenshots of your progress, as I am learning Java. Good Luck on your project!

Cheers,

~Troll

Olly
03-23-2012, 02:58 AM
What experience do you have in codeing?

Vinyl Scratch
03-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Me or GoogleIt? If me, I'm not a professional, but I know my way around Java. GoogleIt, I think you might know more then me, but I hope this comes out well.

Imanoobbot
03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Is not Reflection quite easy to bust by Fagex? They got lots of scripters from the RSBuddy team and from other botting sites so they got a really good anti botting team now.

Vinyl Scratch
03-28-2012, 09:42 PM
RSBuddy was injection. NeXuS was reflection, and autofighter.org was reflection.
Powerbot and RSBuddy was BCEL(Injection).

tls
03-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Not to discourage you, but unless you have previous experience with it, you won't be able to. Nor will SRL support it, as Reflection is now considered illegal to do.

That's not true. Certain parts of developing a bot are illegal(mostly just decryption), but reflection in and of itself is not illegal.

[XoL]
03-30-2012, 02:18 AM
I thought Injection was the one that was illegal. It is the one that modifies the code, Reflection just reads it, and moves the mouse there.

The parts that is illegal is the unencrypting what they did to the game (Thus why no private servers copied this version of runescape)

Vinyl Scratch
03-31-2012, 07:36 PM
So, wouldn't it be possible to code around the encryption? If I were to get a copy of the Runescape source, and make a bot that works around or with the source, then would that be illegal? I mean, I wouldn't be decrypting it, o anything, just, reading it, and using every bit of code, right?

shanghai88
03-31-2012, 08:14 PM
So, wouldn't it be possible to code around the encryption? If I were to get a copy of the Runescape source, and make a bot that works around or with the source, then would that be illegal? I mean, I wouldn't be decrypting it, o anything, just, reading it, and using every bit of code, right?

If that were the case then you need to rat out who decrypted it. There are grounds for a lawsuit and Jagex can definitely prove to the court that their codes are encrypted( in order to get to the codes it has to be illegally decrypted). The court will rule in Jagex's favor unless you can provide acceptable evidence that someone else did it.

Even if the court rules in your favor, is your mountains of legal fees in defending yourself really worth it?

On the other hand, Jagex might never even take you to court, but are you willing to roll the dice?

Imanoobbot
03-31-2012, 08:15 PM

It would be illegal i think. But if you using it just for yourself no one would care and jagex wont say anything. They would let you bot. Because they know your skill, they know you could bring up something like rsbuddy which totally crashed the game.

Sirenia
04-02-2012, 09:51 AM
But how are Rare/Epicbot able to get the game resources in a legal way? They state that they have found a ''loophole'' in the law wich makes them able to develop the bot prefectly legally :/

kunzy
04-03-2012, 01:46 AM
rare bot etc arnt legal, there excatly the same as rsbots power bot etc
But how are Rare/Epicbot able to get the game resources in a legal way? They state that they have found a ''loophole'' in the law wich makes them able to develop the bot prefectly legally :/

Echo_
04-12-2012, 01:01 AM

1. Your not using the source of the client in bots, it's all done at the bytecode level.

2. Without decrypting inner.pack.gz, you would only have access to the loader classes (Rs2Applet, etc). Rs2Applet decrypts inner.pack.gz and loads the classes into a global object array, and then invokes the client constructor from this array. So at runtime you would only have access to these classes held in memory, not the files themselves.

Vinyl Scratch
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Ah. Well, Maybe I could make one, and send it to Jagex to show them that I found a way around it.. Maybe they'll offer me a job, like they did with Jacmod. [/joke]