PDA

View Full Version : Autoing for the Black Market

Synthroids
03-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Situation

You have two PC's spare for autoing, one for 16 hours and the other for 24 hours a day. You are looking to establish a decent income of RS gold an hour to sell on the black market. The profits you are earning, will be used to reinvest in another PC to set up another 24/7 autoer.

What activity would you have your auto'ers doing?
How much an hour would you be satisfied with? (RS GP).

Me right now

I have the above situation, however I am only using the 24/7 PC as my autoer as I've been having exams and study leave ect so I've found myself at home more often than not, instead of college.

I've got around 3mil over a few days from Autoing in the friendly Seers Flax fields, however thanks to my not so friendly Bee Hive Random buddy, I find sometimes I can leave my script on 5 hours at a time, yet sometimes I wake up 5 hours later to find it ran 23 minutes before encountering the random.

The script I used is cracked and doesn't support multi-players. It picks around 540 flax an hour, which turns around 50k profit an hour for me, something im not entirely happy with as the hours are infrequent and as I say it only runs for 20 mins sometimes.

I was also wondering if there are any auto-ers out there solely for the purpose on benefitting their real life financial staus. I'd really like to speak with a few people about their earnings and things.

Alright, thanks guys.

Jason2gs
03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Good grammar, correct punctuation, I like it ;)

As of right now, I auto just to auto. I do it because I like seeing how many hours I can rack up, and how many levels I can get. I do plan on selling what I "earn" later on for real cash, but that won't happen for a while. Not until I find a safe site to sell my macroed goods :p

I do find it to be annoying when you leave a script on overnight, only to find that it got stuck a few minutes into it. Ever since I've been running Fakawi's Goblin Sche., I havn't run into that problem. The bad thing about autofighers, though, is that they don't provide good money. Not unless you plan to only train strength and a little bit of attack. Then you can sell pures. (Turn a nice bit of profit there.)

Three million? Wow, I suggest buying StarBlaster100's Stress Miner. It's 1M, and as far as I know, reliable. It also doesn't have to be run PTP, meaning you save that extra five bucks a month.

I also suggest reading up about Virtual Computers. I havn't started on it yet, but they allow you to auto on several accounts at once.

BTW-

The Stress Miner is an essence miner. Mining like that manually is a good profit, let alone several characters doing it 24/7 :)

I wish you luck!

-Mike

Synthroids
03-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Thank you for your speedy reply, Jason2gs.

I have tried Varrock Essence Mining, it only equated to around 20k per hour which I found reasonably shocking as picking flax earns nearly 3 times the amount in an hours period.

I use Sythe.org (Blocked UK Ip's, proxy in) for my gold selling, you have to be very cautious of scammers on there and trading through paypal is anything but advised (all thanks to Paypals re-claiming funds system).

Virtual Machines is definatly something I'll look into! Is RAM a big issue with using virtual machines? Might save me a few pennies switching to virtual machines instead of buying a completely new machine.

I'll have a read into it. Thanks again for your comments.

Sumilion
04-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Yes I think RAM is your biggest issue. I can run 2 virtual machines with scripts on and at the same time script something else or talk on msn or whatever I wish to do. VMs are great ! :D

Jason2gs
04-01-2007, 12:17 AM
20k per hour? Wow, I guess I don't remember what it was like when I was a noob :p

My friend, the same one who talked me into playing the game, showed me essence mining. I loved how quick I could make money! Or how quick I thought it was I guess. I remember going in and getting a can of coke, then heading to the computer to spend the night making money :D

Those were the good ole' days...

I wouldn't know how quickly WCing is. I've only ever done it for levels. (:p)

Non-Essence mining might be a good payout. And the ore is rather easy to sell.

lolpie
04-05-2007, 12:17 AM
I auto for 2 reasons

1) See how long I can auto without getting banned
2) Make money off of it.
My current goal is to get 99 smithing, which is the ULTIMATE money maker. Once you have the items, you can literally make a 100k in 5 minutes (making full rune). So, if you make 5 full sets of full rune in 20 minutes, that's 1 mil GP every 20 minutes. And how much cash is that? 1 mil = lets say $8.00. So you make $8.00 every 20 minutes. Not bad, right? The way I see it, all you're doing to make money and/or get to 99 smithing is leaving your computer on.

Hope my idea and/or guide helps

Dunceiam
04-05-2007, 01:00 AM
I auto for 2 reasons

2) Make money off of it.
My current goal is to get 99 smithing, which is the ULTIMATE money maker. Once you have the items, you can literally make a 100k in 5 minutes (making full rune). So, if you make 5 full sets of full rune in 20 minutes, that's 1 mil GP every 20 minutes. And how much cash is that? 1 mil = lets say $8.00. So you make $8.00 every 20 minutes. Not bad, right? The way I see it, all you're doing to make money and/or get to 99 smithing is leaving your computer on.

Big big problem with that statement. Where'd the rune ore come from? So rune ore costs about 13k each correct? And I believe you need 16 bars for a full set. 16x13=208k. Hmmm...plus 8 coal per bar so, 8x16=128. And 128x150=19,200 gp. So the cost of the rune bars is 208k+19,200 gp. =227,200k. And you only sell the full rune for 200k. You just lost 27.2k :). But if you're like me, and can mine the rune ore, then that's pretty profitable (except for all the people in the wild who kill you right after you mine it. :p

Also, I'm about to get a VM. (With Vista :)) Hoping for the best! (If anybody has any suggestions/comments, please PM me.)

-Dunceiam

lolpie
04-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Right sorry I forgot about that...I meant that you can make that much if you mine all your items

HanTu
04-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Personally at 99, I won't auto. I do all smithing manually.

tarajunky
04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
50k per hour multiplied by 23 minutes versus 20k per hour multiplied by 5 hours...

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Rate is only one component. Processivity is important as well. That's the beauty of SRL. If you have a good script you can start it up and come back in a week to see it still running.

Synthroids
04-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks guys, just got back from a weeks holiday. Read all of your posts and I have to say your 100k every 5mins got me excited untill I read on and discovered your method isn't very realistic to me. Also, whats everyones views on starting a gold selling website (e-commerce) without using ebay rep to appear trusting to users?

Ebay is unrealistic for me, due to my age (17) and I feel this may knock back my chances of entering the market as many sites out there have power seller ebay accounts and flaunt them on their websites to encourage users to purchase with trust.

I think I'll stick with flax. I may upgrade the ram on my PC's and start getting a VM on the go alongside the current bots to increase my revenue 200%, using only little capital (Havnt checked the prices of RAM these days). I'll also have to research the advised ram for using a VM and having 2 24/7 botters running.

Thanks again guys! Im off to catch some well advised sleep.

Ejjman
04-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Sooooooo

I would, if I were you, try to build a bunch of GPs up, like, HALF the amount to buy you another PC. What's that, like 300 mil? lol, anyway, after you get that, head over to your selling site which you'll use and put those on ALL at once. Then, you'll have an efficent amount of GPs to start out your bizness. Then, well, ya, auto lots.

I auto because I want to have a bunch of noobs with 60+ mining, 50+ combat, etc. There's nothing more sexy than that. ^^

Thick As Blood
04-07-2007, 04:21 PM
i'd watch what script you are using, because i remember using a cracked flax picker, and i got my 3 best accounts banned (just testing the script 1 night to see how good it was) granted it works VERY well ( as i do remember.. ) it may get you banned. remember when trading all the money to 1 account, dont drop trade, or trade directly unless you sign on one of the accounts VIA unsigned applet, that way it dosent get banned.

Infantry001
04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Sooooooo

I would, if I were you, try to build a bunch of GPs up, like, HALF the amount to buy you another PC. What's that, like 300 mil? lol, anyway, after you get that, head over to your selling site which you'll use and put those on ALL at once. Then, you'll have an efficent amount of GPs to start out your bizness. Then, well, ya, auto lots.

I auto because I want to have a bunch of noobs with 60+ mining, 50+ combat, etc. There's nothing more sexy than that. ^^

then they wouldnt be noobs anymore... ;)

Jack
04-07-2007, 04:35 PM
i would try to get a good iron ore miner/banker, i ran it for a few days and got about 3-9k ore per day thats like 300k-900k per day

Synthroids
04-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Well, thanks again for all the comments.

Yes, I have a level 20 combat farming flax currently that I botted up to 20 so I'm not bothered at all if he gets banned. Once the money starts coming in, I may even invest in a better script (pay a freelancer) to add anti-randoms and all sorts, keeping it completely private to me.

I was worried about the amount of computers needed to make a substantial profit from this business, but now as I realise VM's could increase revenue to double what one computor would normally earn me, I'm a happy man.

I think I'll post up one of my PC's specs in another topic and ask for some reccomendations from users to see what would need to be done to my system to allow it to run a VM with two bots running at the same time.

Also, you said:

remember when trading all the money to 1 account, dont drop trade, or trade directly unless you sign on one of the accounts VIA unsigned applet, that way it dosent get banned.

So basically unsigned applets are the only way to go for the trade? I see where your coming from as if your "Gold Holder" gets banned, your up a very unpleasent creek without a paddle!

Im going to test some e-commerce scripts later today/tommorow and see which one is easier to use and brainstorm some more on the ebay situation and the lack of company reputation I will miss out on without ebay.

Thanks for all your comments again. Get used to my name, you'll be seeing alot of me :P

WhiteShadow
04-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah Flax is a great. ;D

Ejjman
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
It may be better to go for non-members guild mining. Thats like, just as much as money + more. And you don't have to pay for membership.

Synthroids
04-07-2007, 05:42 PM
It may be better to go for non-members guild mining. Thats like, just as much as money + more. And you don't have to pay for membership.

I havn't looked into guild mining, although with the capital I have already raised from flax, I could purchase some miners and try guild mining. If you could find something thats possibly not as effective as flax (profit/time) but much more reliable with working anti-randoms, then I'd definatly switch.

I will look into that Ejjman, thanks for your comment.

lolpie
04-07-2007, 06:36 PM
What's your processor speed? Just get 2GB or more of RAM and you can easily run multiple VMs

Ejjman
04-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Synthroids, it would be simpler possibly, to not purchase miners, but to use a powerminer to get them up. You may have to waste 2-3 weeks to get around 5, but then you MIGHT risk getting scammed a miner at Sythe fi you buy there..

Synthroids
04-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Synthroids, it would be simpler possibly, to not purchase miners, but to use a powerminer to get them up. You may have to waste 2-3 weeks to get around 5, but then you MIGHT risk getting scammed a miner at Sythe fi you buy there..

Fair point my man, didn't consider that risk factor. I'll look into guild mining levels need ect and weigh out the good and the bad points of the guild mining idea. I didn't even think about running 1x/2x/3x VM's on one computor. Im pretty rubbish with hardware but I'll try and find the command that lists all your system specs and I'll post them up here to see if it's worth modding mine or buying a new one. My current PC is pretty rubbish, I'll warn you now!

Also with the gold selling website, once a small user base has been built up and I can no longer supply all the gold requested by my users, I can venture into merchanting (buy low, sell high) to meet demands.

I think I'm willing to give this a shot, the UK support may also be of much use to people as chinese speaking support has been known as frustrating and also the timezone differences give me that edge.

Excuse my bad spelling/grammar, very tired.

lolpie
04-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Go to Start > Run > type "dxdiag"

It will give you a summary of your PC

spermis
04-08-2007, 08:47 PM
i have 1gb ram , pentium 4 2.8ghz.. i can run 2 VMs at time witch scripts running, and surf on internet, chat on MSN, listen music.. i can watch movies, but not on fullscreen ^^.. i will try 3 VMs at time someday..

Ejjman
04-08-2007, 10:22 PM
i have 1gb ram , pentium 4 2.8ghz.. i can run 2 VMs at time witch scripts running, and surf on internet, chat on MSN, listen music.. i can watch movies, but not on fullscreen ^^.. i will try 3 VMs at time someday..

Woah...How much RAM you guys put onto your VMs..?

I was going to put one on my crappy PC, but I thought, why not just auto on it cuz its never used? :P (I have a laptop)

Anyway, MAKE SURE you are NOT lvl 3..Try, do really try, if you are guild mining, to get up to lvl 50+. If you can find a nice auto-fighter, use it. Then, use a cowkiller or something, or use that same script. Trust me, you'll lose wayyy less miners, like,

Lvl 3 Guild Mining = Ban. Instantly -Reason: Lvl 3 in Guild = obvious autoer to peoples eyes
Lvl 20 Guild Mining = 4-5 Ban. Almost Instantly. -Reason: People say you are autoer and you don't respond, they report.

Lvl 30-40 Guild Mining = Week Ban. Got a while. -Reason: They say wow nice lvl how did you do it, and you don't respond.

Lvl 50+ Guild Mining = No Ban. Forever -Reason: People think your just another miner, and will ask very minimal questions.

Thats how I sum it up. ;)

Synthroids
04-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Exactly, I like the 40's personally as it's not too much work and you get away with most things. Im training up an old main I got given free with crappy rounded stats in the 40's from fishing to fletching. He's perm muted so It's no loss to me and I don't actually play the game so again, ban's don't bother me.

Im definatly interested in guild mining and I'll try with 1 character to test profits when he's 60 mining. 60 is such a hard figure to reach, but I'm hoping with wizzups VEM, I should get their fairly fast.

My flax picker is still working and the kinks and beehive random are really starting to become agitating to me, so guild mining elimates that stupid random from my worries as solving it, I find a pain.

1gb ram, wow, I was thinking of investing in 2GB. Any reccomendations for RAM would be great as I'm no PC expert. Also, I hear that RAM is useless unless you have an equally matched processor (could be wrong). Reccomendations are greatly appeciated.

Thanks.

Ejjman
04-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Well, prepare urself for hell at the gass randoms for guild mining :\

Synthroids
04-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I've had a change of heart. I've just checked the progress reports for guild mining and I'm pretty shocked at what I saw, I thought the profit would be much greater than the progress reports show. The profits don't differ too much from flax picking however it's still below what you can earn picking flax, though 60 mining just takes forever to reach and is frankly unrealistic for me and an army of 8. Maybe I will revisit guild mining when my miners are higher, they are all around 30 so I may venture into pure essense mining as the script seems stable and the requirements aren't too high.

I've just got to do some calculations for pure essense mining, and I'll decide from there. I know one thing for sure, ess mining will be alot more stable than flax picking. I may see if anyone is interested in making a flax picker/spinner/banker that supports multiple players and can run around the clock efficiantly. It's such a shame you can't post that your buying a script here! Better still if I were to use VM's, It may be more efficiant to have one flax picker/banker and another flax withdrawer, spinner banker.

I need to mull this over some more, meanwhile my flax picker is bringing in light profits.

Ejjman
04-10-2007, 01:41 AM
If you wanna pull an all nighter...and get money..

Pure essence mine with StarBlaster's script with your 8 players. U'll die at the sight. ;)

Aser
09-22-2007, 04:50 AM
I wouldn't recommend autoing on a member account... if you are determined atleast try it out on a free nub for a week in advance. Having your lvl 90 gold holder member account banned sucks

Eugeniu
09-22-2007, 06:05 PM
You could also use E-Money for selling gold. There's no reclaiming of whatever it is that they call it system. And you could also go with multiple sites. If I'd be a gold seller sometime in the near future, I'd sell on sythe and talkgeek. Talkgeek being a pretty popular site, but not so popular after they got a 250 minimum posts to access the trades section rule.

I auto for 2 reasons

2) Make money off of it.

Holy crap...now you've seriously made that a goal of mine :p .

Bourdou!
09-22-2007, 06:14 PM
You could also NOT GRAVEDIG

RAM
09-23-2007, 12:59 AM
If you wanna pull an all nighter...and get money..

04-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Pure essence mine with StarBlaster's script with your 8 players. U'll die at the sight. ;)

You could also NOT GRAVEDIG

Exactly !