PDA

View Full Version : A Scripting Compertition...

putonajonny
04-15-2012, 08:57 PM
A Scripting Competition

Note:
This isn't an official SRL scripting competition as I don't have the power to give out Scripters Cups but there will still be a prize.

Introduction:
After looking through these forums I have noticed that there used to be scripting competitions, I know a few still run now but I thought that one that gets people scripting would be fun for everybody. It would also get a bunch of useful scripts for people to use once it is over.

Details:
There will be 2 classes, SRL Members and Non SRL members. Junior Members will be included with the Non SRL Members. The script you are writing will be the same and you will automatically be entered for whichever category you fall under on the day of submission. To submit your entry either post it in this thread or create a thread in the Public scripts section for it then post the link here.

Rules:

Your Script must be compilable by simba.
All procedures not written by you *must* be credited clearly, this includes ACA generated procedures or functions.
All scripts must be open source and must run from a single .simba file.
The script must fill the criteria posted on the opening day.

Marking Criteria:
You will be judged based on:

Quality of the code written and the efficiency of it. (10 Marks).
FailSafes and how easy it would be to add new features to the script / fix it if there is a major update in that area, i.e. not a mismatch of random code that just about works for now. (10 Marks).
Scripting Standards (5 Marks).
Advanced procedures / functions such as object finding, including using functions so that lines of code are not repeated in your script. (10 Marks).
Bonus points will be awarded for "out of the box" ways of solving situations. (10 Marks).
How well your script actually works. (5 Marks).

Total score will be out of 50.

Date of Competition Start:
Already Started.
see the post below for script criteria...

Date of Competition Close:
Sunday 20th May. 12pm GMT
All scripts must be posted on this thread in by this time.

Prize:
I am willing to give around 2-5m per category for this, if anybody else wants to contribute contact me.

If you would like to take part in this competition please post below.

FAQ:

What about the issue that there will be lots of scripts of the same thing, isn't it a waste of scripters time?
The script criteria has been designed so that this will not be the case, obviously there may be the odd person that makes a similar script but the way the script criteria will be will make it so that all the scripts will be useful.

Can I the script that I use to enter this competition to apply for SRL members?
Yes, by all means, good luck with your application!

Do Junior Member count as SRL members?
After much clarification, no, Junior Member fall under the non-members category.

Can I use a script that is public that I wrote a while ago?
The short of it is yes. However please try to add some new features to the script or at least something new, just in spirit of the competition...

Entries

JOEBot - Hill Giant Killer (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80805) / AIO Catacomb Killer (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81417&highlight=catacomb)
JuKKa - Falador North Gate Guard Killer (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1007792#post1007792)
Kyle Undefined - eefy [O]pti[M]al [B]anker (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1006529)
Sin - S1NGiantSpiderKiller (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76932)
Joepetey - Varrock Castle Guard Killer (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1010793#post1010793)
Gala - Chicken Slayer (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1012141#post1012141)
hunt3rx3 - ChaosMossKiller (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=915352)
Er1k - Edgeville Man Slaughterhouse (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82558)

[B]Please post any questions below..

putonajonny
04-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Script Criteria:

Requierments:

The Script Must Be A Combat Script that attacks one or a group of mosters in a specific area. i.e. not an AIO Fighter

Recomended:

Banking if appropriate
Eating if appropriate
Your own monster finding functions
Progress Reports (on or off SMART)
Looting
Safe spots if appropriate

Why have I chosen this as the script?
Because this way the scripts will all be similar so judging them will be fair, however there will not be a lot of identical scripts, so we aren't wasting each others time.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

I will add a list of people here that have entered, once they do :)

Recursive
04-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Nice! I won't be participating though, although I would love to see the new ideas people will have for a script.

bolshak25
04-15-2012, 10:12 PM
so youll post the script requirements in a week?
im in:)

Le Jingle
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh this sounds like fun, hopefully I can have a nice project to enter when this competition starts! :>

Total
04-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Looks like fun. Can't wait to see more details. :p

Rezozo
04-16-2012, 12:02 AM
I would like to contribute 10M please!

I haven't contributed much lately, so this should make up for it :)

FifthDimension
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Compertition...?

I would like to contribute 50M please!

I haven't contributed much lately, so this should make up for it :)

Lolwat? Trying to decide if you are joking or just really rich.

Rezozo
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Compertition...?

Lolwat? Trying to decide if you are joking or just really rich.

Im serious :)

BTW putonajonny, just tell me how to transfer and stuff :)

Edit: Lol, just put it down to 10, soz, died a couple of times in PvP... need to stock up again. :)

Joe
04-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I shall have one ready by Tuesday!
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/e4f/e9b/8a7/resized/all-the-things-meme-generator-win-all-the-prizes-afa0d0.jpg

Daniel
04-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Good luck! :)

begginer
04-16-2012, 07:49 AM
What;s the script?
Seems need to wait for 22nd April ,)

Kyle Undefined
04-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Ohh if I have time, I'll join, seems fun :)

Gucci
04-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Sounds pretty cool if I have time to make a script I'll enter so for now count me in :D

JuKKa
04-16-2012, 01:23 PM
if the script idea is good, i will definately be in!

Rezozo
04-16-2012, 08:26 PM
If anyone needs an Idea, I know of one script that would definitely win! (You know what im thinking...!)

For those of you who thought Dungeoneering script, tooo bad. Cannot be done in a week lol.
Was talking about a Cow killer and banker :)
Plus, hoping to test some scripts, give some feedback and level up at the same time :)

Jakkle
04-17-2012, 09:16 PM
For those of you who thought Dungeoneering script, tooo bad. Cannot be done in a week lol.
he is giving people a month to complete it not a week ;)

I'm looking forward to this. Will be looking back to see what we will be doing on the 22nd.

Dynamite
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM
if the script idea is good, i will definately be in!

This.

-Boom

Joe
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
2 questions
Are SRL Junior Members in the same category as us reggies?
And
As you say above "All procedures not written by you *must* be credited clearly, this includes ACA generated procedures or functions." So this means that even the ODTM generator and SPS have to be credited? What are the repercussions for failure to heed instruction? What about the SRL includes and the ODTM include and the SPS include- do they need to be credited too? And if we platform a procedure but mostly change it, does that need credit as well?
If you could get back to me on that it would be much appreciated. PS I'm holding out on posting my script so I don't get copied (I'm Finished).

Joe
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Sorry!
Double posted cuz the other one didn't show up :$

putonajonny
04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Do SRL Junior Members go in the same category as reggies?
Do Includes have to be credited? (SPS, ODTM)

My script is finished but I will hold out on posting so I don't get copied

I haven't decided, I'm not really sure what you have to do to be a Junior Members tbh, could you enlighten me? Also how can you have written the script, I haven't posted the criteria yet

2 questions
Are SRL Junior Members in the same category as us reggies?
And
As you say above "All procedures not written by you *must* be credited clearly, this includes ACA generated procedures or functions." So this means that even the ODTM generator and SPS have to be credited? What are the repercussions for failure to heed instruction? What about the SRL includes and the ODTM include and the SPS include- do they need to be credited too? And if we platform a procedure but mostly change it, does that need credit as well?
If you could get back to me on that it would be much appreciated. PS I'm holding out on posting my script so I don't get copied (I'm Finished).

First part answered just above, ok:
All procedures not written by you that are in the simba file you submit *must* be credited clearly, this includes ACA generated procedures or functions, you may use items in the SRL include and things like SPS and ObjDTMs.

m34tcode
04-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Too bad im a member now, I could have rocked the jun mem section ;]]. Im in =]

Joe
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=putonajonny;992797]I haven't decided, I'm not really sure what you have to do to be a Junior Members tbh, could you enlighten me? Also how can you have written the script, I haven't posted the criteria yet

I'm going out on a guess- and I was making one anyway so I decided to make it uber. If it doesn't meet your criteria I'll definitely make another.

m34tcode
04-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Joe you are missing an end quote ;]

and puto, you only need no be a member for 3 months, with 300 posts to be a jun mem. they should be in the same script category, although there should be junior and registered winners

let them both write the same script since there are no scripting requirements to get into jun mem

[XoL]
04-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Really quick replace comper with Competition
:D
---

Looks awesome

m34tcode
04-19-2012, 03:09 AM
^Is that a challenge? ;D

Gala
04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
If the script ideas are good, I am in.

Edit: My I propose to release the ideas a bit earlier (tomorrow), so people can start scripting during weekend?
:P

Shatterhand
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Im in! One question: can we do it in f2p? Im out of membs soon... :)

m34tcode
04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
gala awesome pic, and yes, as many of us are ftp

Gala
04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
@m34tcode
You know what time it is?

- adventure time :)

Total
04-19-2012, 04:22 PM
A fighter eh...interesting. Never done one yet, might try it out. :p

Joe
04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Oooooh this is ON!

Kyle Undefined
04-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Shweet! Motivation to get me to make one of the fighting scripts that's been on my TODO list for a long time :p

Joe
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Is it ok if I named one of my procedures "boner"? Please dont infract me for posting.. but is it too vulgar to be an entry?

putonajonny
04-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Is it ok if I named one of my procedures "boner"? Please dont infract me for posting.. but is it too vulgar to be an entry?

I don't have a problem with it, but I can't speak for everybody, considering some of the names of the actual scripts on this site, I think you will be fine

Abu
04-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Is it ok if I named one of my procedures "boner"?

This made lol IRL!!!

Classic, +rep

Gala
04-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Gl and hf to all.

Gucci
04-19-2012, 10:19 PM
GL everyone and putonajonny you should talk to a mod about having the competition cup given to the winner instead of RSGP or whatever you prefer

Joe
04-20-2012, 12:07 AM
You still have not cleared up the SRL Jr Members dilema... are they with us reggies or not- because I prefer they not be for obvious reasons ^Gucci^

And I would prefer RSGP to a cup..

putonajonny
04-20-2012, 07:23 AM
You still have not cleared up the SRL Jr Members dilema... are they with us reggies or not- because I prefer they not be for obvious reasons ^Gucci^

And I would prefer RSGP to a cup..

I don't really know how you become a Jr Member, can somebody clear that up?

Gala
04-20-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't know exactly, but in other competitions jr. members are same as reggies I think.

masterBB
04-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't really know how you become a Jr Member, can somebody clear that up?

Either a certain amount of posts and a a certain amount of longevity or being chosen by the higher boards.

putonajonny
04-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Either a certain amount of posts and a a certain amount of longevity or being chosen by the higher boards.

So is it anything to do with how good you are at scripting, I might just split it into 3 sections actually...

Total
04-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah its x amount of months and 300+ posts for junior. Its either 3 or 6 months so has nothing to do with scripting tbh.

Gala
04-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah its x amount of months and 300+ posts for junior. Its either 3 or 6 months so has nothing to do with scripting tbh.

Scripting is one of the reasons why higher boards choose a Jr. Member.

Gucci
04-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Well I got it significantly earlier, but Jr's with reggies seems good :D . Started a fighter finished like almost all except for testing yesterday

Total
04-20-2012, 06:58 PM

What? You don't need to know how to script to be a Jr. Member.

SRL Junior Member

This is for users that have posted 300 posts or more and have been registered for at least 6 months. When users reach this milestone, they are also given access to the Black Market.

Source : http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27792

And I don't know what you mean by higher boards.

Edit: Guess that source isn't up to date as Gucci is Junior Member and joined Jan 2012 so dunno what reqs are anymore.

Gucci
04-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Well Ihad a few scripts out, I got Jr. Memb with my promising newcomer cup so really it can depend

Gala
04-20-2012, 08:34 PM

- comment removed - :/

Total
04-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh you mean recommend someone that is a registered user to become a SRL Junior Member? I c.

Gala
04-20-2012, 08:48 PM
@TotalKillz
Yes.

@Topic
You wrote banking and stuff only of appropriate.
If it doesn't make sense, is there a lower max point count?
How do you compare scripts with banking and without banking?

Joe
04-20-2012, 09:09 PM
So is it anything to do with how good you are at scripting, I might just split it into 3 sections actually...

Yes please!

Abu
04-20-2012, 09:12 PM
@ Gala ssshhh, stop telling them SRL Member section secrets(even though they're not:p)!

Also, shouldn't it be:

Any Jr. Member or Registered User who has a current application for SRL Membership, will be entered in to the SRL Members class.

Gucci
04-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Also, shouldn't it be:

Any Jr. Member or Registered User who has a current application for SRL Membership, will be entered in to the SRL Members class.

Well that wouldn't be very convenient for some people ;)

@putonajonny How come a month? Quite a bit of time

m34tcode
04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Not all of us have time to write a script in a day. I dont anymore =\

Abu
04-20-2012, 09:42 PM

Lol yeh.

And it's a month because if you want to make a script that kills off all the rest *cough* dungeoneering *cough* then you're going to need some time...

m34tcode
04-20-2012, 09:42 PM
@TotalKillz
Yes.

@Topic
You wrote banking and stuff only of appropriate.
If it doesn't make sense, is there a lower max point count?
How do you compare scripts with banking and without banking?

you dont compare. banking is prob just worth more

Gala
04-20-2012, 09:46 PM
I think he will compare scripts to determine which one got most points? :P
So a spot where you need/can bank is automatically more worth than one without banking possibilities?

m34tcode
04-20-2012, 09:48 PM
depends
banking prob scores extra points, but then so does awesome walking and stuff. all should balance out. write a script, and just pack it with stuff

Joe
04-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Everyone knows overstuffed pillows are uncomfortable.

Gucci
04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Not all of us have time to write a script in a day. I dont anymore =\

Neither do I but if I know exactly what I want and the process of completing that task then it really takes only less than a day to write. But testing and ironing out bugs is the real challenge

m34tcode
04-20-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't usually find bugs much of a challenge. Make sure you keep your code very clean, and bugs are generally a breeze ;]

putonajonny
04-20-2012, 11:23 PM

Well just to give people time to get their script as good as possible, I didn't want to advantage people that had lots of time on their hands, you can submit early of course

I think he will compare scripts to determine which one got most points? :P
So a spot where you need/can bank is automatically more worth than one without banking possibilities?

Well banking just adds to the complexity of the script, especially if you have something very cleaver working out how much food to withdraw depending on how long it is taking you to get a full invent of loot etc...

Neither do I but if I know exactly what I want and the process of completing that task then it really takes only less than a day to write. But testing and ironing out bugs is the real challenge

This is also a reason I gave people a long time, flawless scripts is what will win this competition...

Gucci
04-21-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't usually find bugs much of a challenge. Make sure you keep your code very clean, and bugs are generally a breeze ;]

I've been double checking the standards on this one :p

@putonajonny I'll just wait to see what other's release :) help me figure out if I need something more complicated

Daniel
04-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh you mean recommend someone that is a registered user to become a SRL Junior Member? I c.

Nobody recommends Junior Members. It is all done automatically.

No, you don't. As stated above, in order to become a junior member (now), you require some amount of posts and time at the forums. It has nothing to do with scripting ability.

begginer
04-21-2012, 11:31 PM
May giveup from this. TOOOOOOOO much busy with exams

Joe
04-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Nobody recommends Junior Members. It is all done automatically.

No, you don't. As stated above, in order to become a junior member (now), you require some amount of posts and time at the forums. It has nothing to do with scripting ability.

There is absolutely no place that states how many posts or longevity you need to be a jr member

x[Warrior]x3500
04-22-2012, 12:44 AM
There is absolutely no place that states how many posts or longevity you need to be a jr member

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27792

m34tcode
04-22-2012, 04:24 AM
joe, search feature brings that up easy >.>

Total
04-22-2012, 04:39 AM
Yeah but then how is Gucci a junior member if that link is correct. He hasn't been registered for 6 months and it says its a requirement for junior members? Thread must be old or something.

Gucci
04-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Yeah but then how is Gucci a junior member if that link is correct. He hasn't been registered for 6 months and it says its a requirement for junior members? Thread must be old or something.

It can be given early if earned I guess, cause Hobbit gave it to me along with the cup and he said other members thought I deserved it. So the thread is correct but there are cases where it can be achieved early

Total
04-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Ah ok, so in special cases to get Junior Member you need to know how to script, but there probably aren't that many. I don't care either way, just wondering. :p

Don't even know if I'll be able to get a script together as I'm working on other projects anyway.

putonajonny
04-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Ah ok, so in special cases to get Junior Member you need to know how to script, but there probably aren't that many. I don't care either way, just wondering. :p

Don't even know if I'll be able to get a script together as I'm working on other projects anyway.

You know you have 4 weeks right?

Rezozo
04-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Ok guys, I have finally decided to donate 30M! If allowed, (Please mod/admin/kulguyz confirm :) ) I would like to donate a lv 90 account with it! In my sig are the stats updated fully and daily!

m34tcode
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
total you are still incorrect, under no circumstances do you need to be able to script to become a jun mem. If you are extremely help-full and knowledgeable, you may get the cup at the discretion of an admin. You can also be given the rank if chosen by the upper boards.

Total
04-23-2012, 12:51 AM
You know you have 4 weeks right?

Yeah but I have finals coming up and stuff. I can probably get the time, I just want to work on my other scripts at the moment.

total you are still incorrect, under no circumstances do you need to be able to script to become a jun mem. If you are extremely help-full and knowledgeable, you may get the cup at the discretion of an admin. You can also be given the rank if chosen by the upper boards.

Alright. As I said I don't really care, just trying to figure it out. I guess it's just that SOME junior member know how to script, but so do SOME registered members, so it should be in the same category.

m34tcode
04-23-2012, 03:33 AM
They should, as they both have the same scripting requirements: none.

[D]ude
04-25-2012, 06:14 AM
I might make a script for this if I get time

Joe
04-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Ok guys, I have finally decided to donate 30M! If allowed, (Please mod/admin/kulguyz confirm :) ) I would like to donate a lv 90 account with it! In my sig are the stats updated fully and daily!

This prize should be for the reggies! 30M + Char!
Because there arent as many reggies signing up..

putonajonny
04-25-2012, 09:13 PM
This prize should be for the reggies! 30M + Char!
Because there arent as many reggies signing up..

Prizes will be distributed evenly :)

Oxygen
04-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Prizes will be distributed evenly :)

I agree with JOEbot, there seems to only be about 3 people in the Registered User category (by the looks of this thread) and about 5 in the Members+ and i've seen multiple disputes over Jrs... what will be the dillio with them

-Seperate section? (You mentioned this, but never confirmed) DON"T DO THIS!
-Members+ (Seems to have the most pull)
-Registered Users (We don't want them :) )

EDIT: If you made their own section, then that would slice down the prizes even more...

x[Warrior]x3500
04-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I agree with JOEbot, there seems to only be about 3 people in the Registered User category (by the looks of this thread) and about 5 in the Members+ and i've seen multiple disputes over Jrs... what will be the dillio with them

-Seperate section? (You mentioned this, but never confirmed) DON"T DO THIS!
-Members+ (Seems to have the most pull)
-Registered Users (We don't want them :) )

EDIT: If you made their own section, then that would slice down the prizes even more...

why do people keep saying the two sections are vague... they are not (in OP):

There will be 2 classes, SRL Members and Non SRL members. Junior Members will be included with the Non SRL Members.

can that get any more clear? XD

and many people who intent to join this might never even post here, they might just send their script to putonajonny. so dont only include people that have posted in this thread as possible participants

edit: to putonajonny - will summoning be a + . i think if this were so, it would give quite an unfair advantage, but thats just my opinion.

Gala
04-25-2012, 09:48 PM
You are right.
I think there should no member stuff be allowed, as the p2p get an advantage.

x[Warrior]x3500
04-25-2012, 09:51 PM
You are right.
I think there should no member stuff be allowed, as the p2p get an advantage.

member areas should be allowed. because it really isnt an advantage. but distinct member advantages, like summoning, should not be allowed. member foods should obviously be allowed, same with weapons and the like. its just those things that can gain a rs member significant advantages over an f2p person that shouldnt be allowed.

Gala
04-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Well, if a place is very crowded and you have to write a code with "competitive" speed, this can be hard. Fighting detection and stuff will work less reliable, as it detects the others hp bars. ( I know, one can avoid that :P)
It is easier to write one for a quiet place.

putonajonny
04-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Well, if a place is very crowded and you have to write a code with "competitive" speed, this can be hard. Fighting detection and stuff will work less reliable, as it detects the others hp bars. ( I know, one can avoid that :P)
It is easier to write one for a quiet place.

Have a look at this:

Quality of the code written and the efficiency of it. (10 Marks).
FailSafes and how easy it would be to add new features to the script / fix it if there is a major update in that area, i.e. not a mismatch of random code that just about works for now. (10 Marks).
Scripting Standards (5 Marks).
Advanced procedures / functions such as object finding, including using functions so that lines of code are not repeated in your script. (10 Marks).
Bonus points will be awarded for "out of the box" ways of solving situations. (10 Marks).
How well your script actually works. (5 Marks).

Only 5 marks is given for how well the script actually works, you won't have any advantage if you are a member

Gala
04-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Fine. :)

Joe
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Have a look at this:

Only 5 marks is given for how well the script actually works, you won't have any advantage if you are a member

So if your script were to barely work, you would only lose 4 marks? I could make some bogus detection procedure that looks fantastic, but doesn't work?

putonajonny
04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
So if your script were to barely work, you would only lose 4 marks? I could make some bogus detection procedure that looks fantastic, but doesn't work?

No, just that things like being slow due to lots of other players won't loose you marks. Procedures that don't work wont gain you marks

Wolygon
04-25-2012, 11:27 PM
I might try get a script done by the deadline as I've wanted to do my idea for a while.

Just wondering, do we just make a post in here with it attached?

putonajonny
04-25-2012, 11:54 PM
I might try get a script done by the deadline as I've wanted to do my idea for a while.

Just wondering, do we just make a post in here with it attached?

Either that or create a thread in the public scripts section with it and post the link on this thread :)

bolshak25
04-26-2012, 12:10 AM

May i suggest that the 30m be given to the non srl member and the account be given to the member that way they can create and release scripts using that new account instead of their main

Joe
04-26-2012, 12:48 AM
May i suggest that the 30m be given to the non srl member and the account be given to the member that way they can create and release scripts using that new account instead of their main

Smooth... But classy. I think that's fair.

tls
04-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Can I submit my roached?

Joe
04-26-2012, 01:24 AM
JOEbots Giants (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80805)
If theres problems and I have to update it, just use the newest version

chief herb
04-26-2012, 01:29 AM
ill throw in cash moneyz if i get script:) will give 2-3m depending on situation im in

b_lone
04-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Can't wait to see how this turns out. GL all. :)

Joe
04-27-2012, 02:42 PM
People are saying they are willing to donate... is anyone confirming donation? And if so could Putonajonny please update the main thread?

[D]ude
04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Are multiple scripts allowed? Because I am writing a ton of fighting bots for my own personal use. Got one that gets 45k f2p xp/hr but it doesn't bank yet. It also has a basically abandoned training spot.

putonajonny
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Are multiple scripts allowed? Because I am writing a ton of fighting bots for my own personal use. Got one that gets 45k f2p xp/hr but it doesn't bank yet. It also has a basically abandoned training spot.

Submit your best one, I'm sorry I don't have time to go through multiple applications per user

[D]ude
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Okay I will. Would best be most reliable or fastest xp/hr?

putonajonny
04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Okay I will. Would best be most reliable or fastest xp/hr?

Possibly neither, the one you think scores the highest in the marking criteria on the OP

Rezozo
04-30-2012, 09:35 PM

True dat homesclice!

Putonajonny, Just pm me when the Competition is over. Il give you the account info, with a stack of 30M on it! (More if I could spare!)

This is what I have to offer, how it is separated is up to the community, (Hard to get a decent pic with the Pixel shift!):

JuKKa
05-02-2012, 11:48 PM
to who should i post my entry to? aaaaand will the scripts be released and open for everyone?

Joe
05-03-2012, 12:10 AM
True dat homesclice!

Putonajonny, Just pm me when the Competition is over. Il give you the account info, with a stack of 30M on it! (More if I could spare!)

This is what I have to offer, how it is separated is up to the community, (Hard to get a decent pic with the Pixel shift!):

I think the account should be for the reggies... and 30m for the members
EDIT: this account is also better than mine...

J J
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
My final exams ever on this school start at 13 May.. I might be done with my GOP script before that. I think I am allowed to enter it with that script? (Even though I don't want to release it to public, only Members+, even though I'm not a SRL Member (yet))

Kyle Undefined
05-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have time to keep on working on my competition script :/ Too many projects, too much life :p

I would gladly help judge though! :)

Gala
05-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have time to keep on working on my competition script :/ Too many projects, too much life :p

Pretty much the same for me :(
I can pm you the script on 20. if you don't care to judge an unfinished script.
(It ran for 5 hours last time, therefore it is working, but I planed to add some nice features)

putonajonny
05-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Pretty much the same for me :(
I can pm you the script on 20. if you don't care to judge an unfinished script.
(It ran for 5 hours last time, therefore it is working, but I planed to add some nice features)

Attatch it here, if you don't mind it going public, applications are looking thin on the ground atm...

Kyle Undefined
05-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Here's my unfinished script, http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1006529

Sorry I couldn't finish it and enter it :p

putonajonny
05-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Here's my unfinished script, http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1006529

Sorry I couldn't finish it and enter it :p

This 3D projection stuff looks very interesting... Will have to take a proper look when I judge them all :)

Sin
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I'll enter my GSK until I can change my computer :p

Rezozo
05-04-2012, 07:12 PM
to who should i post my entry to? aaaaand will the scripts be released and open for everyone?

I do think its open for everyone, you could make a page for it, or just attach it here right?

JuKKa
05-04-2012, 11:06 PM
This is for falador north gate; start script here (just south of falador lodestone teleport)

this script is designed for pures (low defence). the script will kill guards until it dies. If it dies it will respawn in falador and walk back. If the user desires the script will activate quickprayer.
The script is very fast and compete with legit people. depending on level avg. 30k xp p/h.

The script is programmed with care and aiming for speed with high quality code.

For extra niceness set: UseSMARTPaint = true;

I hope you enjoy

putonajonny
05-05-2012, 12:03 AM
I do think its open for everyone, you could make a page for it, or just attach it here right?

That is correct, if you make a thread for it please post a link to that thread in this one :)

This is for falador north gate; start script here (just south of falador lodestone teleport)

this script is designed for pures (low defence). the script will kill guards until it dies. If it dies it will respawn in falador and walk back. If the user desires the script will activate quickprayer.
The script is very fast and compete with legit people. depending on level avg. 30k xp p/h.

I hope you enjoy

Thank you very much for your entry :)

Rezozo
05-05-2012, 01:06 PM

I hope you enjoy

I am S0 going to r4pe this like no tomorrow!

Er1k
05-06-2012, 04:09 AM
So, we have 2 entries so far? and how many are still working on their scripts?

Gucci
05-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Damn I might not be able to finish will see I might have to make a quick backup ;), currently just problems with walking but should be able to iron those out in time.

Er1k
05-06-2012, 04:34 AM
I am actually thinking whether I would enter just for fun - IMO a little extra RSGP never hurts. I have a nice concept in mind, but 2 weeks might be too little given I work extremely slowly.

Joepetey
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm am entering my script, shame I couldn't enter my astral crafter. I guess I'm gonna have to enter this :redface:

:garfield:

Joe
05-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Because I became an SRL member, do I get moved now? Or because I was a reggie while I entered and made the script am I still elligible for the 30M reggie prize?

Rezozo
05-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Because I became an SRL member, do I get moved now? Or because I was a reggie while I entered and made the script am I still elligible for the 30M reggie prize?

I'm pretty sure you are eligible for that prize, confirm though. My word is not as hard as diamond.

JuKKa
05-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I am S0 going to r4pe this like no tomorrow!
you are joking right? I reeeeaally hope not

Gala
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Here is my unfinished script. I won't have time to finish it in the next two months, so I will finish it afterwards.

- kills chickens at lumby and picks feathers
- fast chicken detection, but slow chicken clicking
- automatically gets the right mousespeed
- checks if we are at the chickens
- checks efficiency and gives feedback (not reliable atm)

I wouldn't recommend to use it "seriously", because it doesn't have any failsaves. (picks up eggs sometimes and so on)

I plan to add several features like world changing and range support.

Edit: Here is a banner, I created it a while ago because I was bored.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6004/bannerfertig2.png

Rezozo
05-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Putonajonny, you should update the entries on the first page.

Joe
05-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Putonajonny, you should update the entries on the first page.

I'm pretty sure those are the entries... except for Gala
- we all have a special part of the competition for him

J J
05-10-2012, 12:37 PM
The development of my script has actually been going faster than expected and I might enter it at the 20th or a few days before. Depends on the result of my poll though, not 100% sure yet if I want it to go public. Anyways, just two entries so far? :confused: I think these competitions are pretty cool, even though the ending date is during my final exams..

Gala
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM
The development of my script has actually been going faster than expected and I might enter it at the 20th or a few days before. Depends on the result of my poll though, not 100% sure yet if I want it to go public. Anyways, just two entries so far? :confused: I think these competitions are pretty cool, even though the ending date is during my final exams..

I think they are enough people around having finals this summer.

putonajonny, could you update the entries? :)

Kyle Undefined
05-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I wanna judge! :3

Joe
05-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I wanna judge! :3

Don't judge me! I'm a unique individual!

Sin
05-11-2012, 10:23 PM
I'll enter my GSK until I can change my computer :p

I don't think you saw tat :p

Rezozo
05-12-2012, 04:55 AM
I don't think you saw tat :p

I see what you did there, you trickster you :garfield:

Joe
05-14-2012, 09:42 PM
If we can have 2 entries for you to decide which is the best, I'll put in my AIO catacomber as well.
Here it is
AIO Catacomb Killer (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81417&highlight=catacomb)
EDIT: This script was also pre-SRL members so I request it be judged with the reggies

Er1k
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
I am entering with my EMS - http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1022326

J J
05-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Hmm I'll be at family for the whole day today. I still need to add a couple things to my "House Farmer" but I think I'll manage to complete it & send it in just before the deadline.

Sunday 20th May. 12pm GMT that is 1 am for me so it should be managable, I just need to add some failsafes / banking and some other stuff, I believe the biggest part works correctly now.

Er1k
05-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Hmm I'll be at family for the whole day today. I still need to add a couple things to my "House Farmer" but I think I'll manage to complete it & send it in just before the deadline.

Sunday 20th May. 12pm GMT that is 1 am for me so it should be managable, I just need to add some failsafes / banking and some other stuff, I believe the biggest part works correctly now.

What does a house farmer do?

J J
05-18-2012, 07:54 PM
What does a house farmer do?
It makes and removes these
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bagged_plant_1

31 construction and 31 farming xp per plant.
I'm not sure how many I can make/remove per hour but I think it's around 200-500 per hour which would put the xp at around 6k-15k farming and construction xp per hour.

x[Warrior]x3500
05-18-2012, 07:59 PM
It makes and removes these
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bagged_plant_1

31 construction and 31 farming xp per plant.
I'm not sure how many I can make/remove per hour but I think it's around 200-500 per hour which would put the xp at around 6k-15k farming and construction xp per hour.

Script Criteria:

Requierments:

The Script Must Be A Combat Script that attacks one or a group of mosters in a specific area. i.e. not an AIO Fighter

umm i dont believe that actually falls under the requirements :/

Gucci
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Damn forgot about this.............. I'll whip something up tonight lol or see if I can get my chaos tunnels fire giant fighter working

Joe
05-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Everyone stop entering scripts... I need to win! :p

Seriously though, need dat cash.

Gucci
05-18-2012, 08:23 PM

That just makes me want to enter even more :p jk. If I can I will though :f:.

Joe
05-18-2012, 08:54 PM
That just makes me want to enter even more :p jk. If I can I will though :f:.

Low blow. Loooow blow. :p go ahead. Impress me. you'll be in the members category anyways.

Er1k
05-19-2012, 05:41 AM

I need to win the members section to get RSGP too ;) I feel so damn broke and I have always wanted to win some RSGP to buy a new pin and start another character.

Gucci
05-19-2012, 05:45 AM
Low blow. Loooow blow. :p go ahead. Impress me. you'll be in the members category anyways.

Well I was a Jr. when I entered soooo I should be with the reggies and Jr's? But yeahhhhh should definitely work on my script

J J
05-19-2012, 07:28 PM
My entry: JJ's House Farmer
Made: 19/05/2012
Section: Non SRL Members
Added as attachment.

Information to set it up:
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82740

EDIT: Just read x[Warrior]x3500's post. No idea how I never scrolled far enough down to reach the second post even though I have been scrolling through this topic for a while. It's not a combat script so scratch that haha. I might make something tomorrow meh.. Anyways good luck everyone!

Shatterhand
05-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Ok im done updating my script, its ready for the competiton. :)
My entry: ChaosMossKiller_v6.0
Link to the script: --> (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74029)

Joe
05-20-2012, 05:48 PM
AND!
Putonajonny, tell them I won. It's the 20th.
Dat cash..

J J
05-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Inb4Monday

Joe
05-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Inb4Monday

I'm pretty sure the rules say it ends today.

Rezozo
05-21-2012, 01:36 AM

This might actually have a fighting chance.
Looks good hunt3r, though this is for mems (RuneScape Mems) only right?

Joe
05-21-2012, 02:24 AM
This might actually have a fighting chance.
Looks good hunt3r, though this is for mems (RuneScape Mems) only right?

Yeah... if I was membs I would have a beast script.

Gucci
05-21-2012, 03:22 AM

Personally I think this will give the other competitors a run for their money ;)

Er1k
05-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Now, where is my money? ;) Looking forward to the results!

Gucci
05-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Now, where is my money? ;) Looking forward to the results!

Oh didn't see your entry ;). I wanna judge this looks fun :D

J J
05-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure the rules say it ends today.
I posted it at just before Sunday 12 PM GMT+1 so that's 11 PM GMT so I was on time :P The rules are until Sunday 12 PM GMT so yeah :) The script is short but it's probably more advanced than you would expect.

Quality of the code written and the efficiency of it. (10 Marks). -> Very efficient
FailSafes and how easy it would be to add new features to the script / fix it if there is a major update in that area, i.e. not a mismatch of random code that just about works for now. (10 Marks). -> Minor failsafes
Scripting Standards (5 Marks). -> should be good
Bonus points will be awarded for "out of the box" ways of solving situations. (10 Marks). -> Out of the box own made advanced monster detection procedure
How well your script actually works. (5 Marks). -> Works decent

Banking if appropriate -> not needed
Eating if appropriate -> not needed
Your own monster finding functions -> check
Progress Reports (on or off SMART) -> check
Looting -> not needed because there are no good drops
Safe spots if appropriate -> check

Anyways, good luck everyone, would've made mine more advanced if I had the time :o

Joe
05-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I posted it at just before Sunday 12 PM GMT+1 so that's 11 PM GMT so I was on time :P The rules are until Sunday 12 PM GMT so yeah :) The script is short but it's probably more advanced than you would expect.

Quality of the code written and the efficiency of it. (10 Marks). -> Very efficient
FailSafes and how easy it would be to add new features to the script / fix it if there is a major update in that area, i.e. not a mismatch of random code that just about works for now. (10 Marks). -> Minor failsafes
Scripting Standards (5 Marks). -> should be good
Bonus points will be awarded for "out of the box" ways of solving situations. (10 Marks). -> Out of the box own made advanced monster detection procedure
How well your script actually works. (5 Marks). -> Works decent

Banking if appropriate -> not needed
Eating if appropriate -> not needed
Your own monster finding functions -> check
Progress Reports (on or off SMART) -> check
Looting -> not needed because there are no good drops
Safe spots if appropriate -> check

Anyways, good luck everyone, would've made mine more advanced if I had the time :o

Self judging- disqualified! :p I don't know if thats a rule, but your ruining my chances @ 30M... scram kid!

Gucci
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Self judging- disqualified! :p I don't know if thats a rule, but your ruining my chances @ 30M... scram kid!

Hmmm your a little too desperate to win, it's kinda annoying :p and I'm sure others also think the same. I wonder when the judging is going to begin

J J
05-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Hmmm your a little too desperate to win, it's kinda annoying :p and I'm sure others also think the same. I wonder when the judging is going to begin
Haha Joe is partially being sarcastic (I hope) :P
I'm mainly joining for the competition alone but I need to get 86 summoning on my summoning tank soon, which will cost me quite a lot. Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure it isn't 30m but 2-5m per category. SRL Members and Non-SRL Members so that's 4-10M in total :P (2-5M per winner).

Gucci
05-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Haha Joe is partially being sarcastic (I hope) :P
I'm mainly joining for the competition alone but I need to get 86 summoning on my summoning tank soon, which will cost me quite a lot. Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure it isn't 30m but 2-5m per category. SRL Members and Non-SRL Members so that's 4-10M in total :P (2-5M per winner).

Haha hopefully he's being sarcastic ;). <3 you Joe

Joe
05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Haha hopefully he's being sarcastic ;). <3 you Joe

Alright...
http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/02/Sarcasm.jpg
Of course I'm not being sarcastic.

Gucci
05-21-2012, 05:48 PM
LOL JOEbot, you and your sarcasm.

Joe
05-21-2012, 05:54 PM
I just felt this was good for motivational purposes. No relation to anything anywhere
http://i.qkme.me/359sot.jpg
This is also my scripting competition absolute domination poster.
*Punchline: Win.

Rezozo
05-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I just felt this was good for motivational purposes. No relation to anything anywhere

C'mon, 30M isn't that much lol. Though you could get some good 99's with it :f:

OMFG JUST SAW THIS:

:norris: - CHUCK NORRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gala
05-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Are you guys serious about doing this for the money? o.o

J J
05-21-2012, 09:17 PM
http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/592012215922iwsmt.jpeg

Anyways @ Gala I'm just doing it for fun like most people I'd say :)
Putona should update the first post :spot:

Gucci
05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
^^ LOL and respect ;)

Er1k
05-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Are you guys serious about doing this for the money? o.o

I am very serious :) Winning RSGP over the internet I guess is more fun than buying RSGP with paypal lol

Joe
05-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I am very serious :) Winning RSGP over the internet I guess is more fun than buying RSGP with paypal lol

As the Yoda meme already said...
and I really think this needs a bump... cant stress it enough how bad I want to know who won- even if its not me!

putonajonny
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
It was a stupid time for me to make the end of the competition, right in the middle of exams, done on thursday :)

Er1k
05-30-2012, 01:37 AM
It was a stupid time for me to make the end of the competition, right in the middle of exams, done on thursday :)

Looking forward to my cash later this week :D

Kyle Undefined
05-30-2012, 04:57 AM
If you need help judging, let me know ;)

tls
05-30-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm slightly concerned that you might have ignored my post regarding my participation.

putonajonny
05-30-2012, 11:53 AM
If you need help judging, let me know ;)

If you are happy to then do, I can't atm because of exams

Rezozo
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Looking forward to my cash later this week :D

Dis guy just earned some respect :garfield: :garfield:

Main
06-01-2012, 06:18 AM
How is it going on this thing?

Kyle Undefined
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Ok, well here's my judging of the scripts. It's not the official scores, just what I thought of the scripts when going through them.

Scripter: JOEBot
Script(s): Hill Giant Killer / AIO Catacomb Killer
Note: Scores are averaged of the two scripts
1. Quality (Possible 10)
- (7 + 6) / 2 = 6.5
2. Failsafes / orginaztion (Possible 10)
- (6 + 5) / 2 = 5.5
3. Standards (Possible 5)
- (4 + 3) / 2 = 3.5
4. Advanced methods (Possible 10)
- (6 + 6) / 2 = 6
5. Bonus points (Possible 10)
- (4 + 4) / 2 = 4
6. Functionality (Possible 5)
- Didn't test

Total score: 25.5

Scripter: JuKKa
Script(s): Falador North Gate Guard Killer
1. Quality (Possible 10)
- Didn't test

Total score: 34

Scripter: Kyle Undefined
Script(s): [B]eefy [O]pti[M]al [B]anker
1. Quality (Possible 10)

Total score: 21

Scripter: Sin
Script(s): S1NGiantSpiderKiller
1. Quality (Possible 10)
- Didn't test

Total score: 26

Scripter: Joepetey
Script(s): Varrock Castle Guard Killer
1. Quality (Possible 10)
- Didn't test

Total score: 19

Scripter: Gala
Script(s): Chicken Slayer
1. Quality (Possible 10)

Total score: 26

Scripter: hunt3rx3
Script(s): ChaosMossKiller
1. Quality (Possible 10)
- Didn't test

Total score: 36

Scripter: Er1k
Script(s): Edgeville Man Slaughterhouse
1. Quality (Possible 10)
- Didn't test

Total score: 35

J J
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Inb4Monday
Page #6 there is my entry.

It was in on time but you didn't judge it, it hasn't been added to the first page either. Can you look into it both Kyle and Putona

Rezozo
06-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Ok, well here's my judging of the scripts. It's not the official scores, just what I thought of the scripts when going through them.

Scripter: hunt3rx3
Script(s): ChaosMossKiller
1. Quality (Possible 10)
- Didn't test

Total score: 36

Just as I expected!

Kyle, yours was kinda unexpected though, the 3D thing sounded so cool, what exactly was it supposed to do?

Page #6 there is my entry.

It was in on time but you didn't judge it, it hasn't been added to the first page either. Can you look into it both Kyle and Putona

Its J J! :)

Gala
06-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Seems to be fair.
Although my script isn't finished, it works, so it should have at least 1 point for functionality. ;)
Nice review, btw.

Kyle Undefined
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
J J, I'll look at your later tonight. I was just going off of the first post.

I was being modest with mine, haha. I had less complete than Gala did. It was for the MMToMS functionality, which Gala used as well ;)

J J
06-03-2012, 08:40 AM
J J, I'll look at your later tonight. I was just going off of the first post.

I was being modest with mine, haha. I had less complete than Gala did. It was for the MMToMS functionality, which Gala used as well ;)
Okay, thanks. Appreciate the effort :P

Rezozo
06-03-2012, 06:17 PM
J J, like your picture/avatar thingy!

Er1k
06-16-2012, 01:50 AM
Just curious, where's our prizes and monies? :)

Shatterhand
06-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Any news? :)

Rezozo
06-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Yea, I was wondering who got the totally awesome prizes. Were all the scripts judged?