PDA

View Full Version : Any1 buy/sell stocks??

Neega Rose
05-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey guys, i'm starting to invest in stocks (day trading...or more like week trading). Any experienced traders have any tips for a noob that's starting off with like 300 bucks?

Sirenia
05-07-2012, 07:23 AM
I think trades that involve irl cash is only done in the BlackMarket (You need junior memb. or higher rank to trade there) We normal users can only trade ingame stuff for ingame money :) For example, I have botted 100k+ Astrals now and you need alot of astrals to lvl farming/magic @ Lividfarm. Then you can buy those astrals off me :D

Benny
05-07-2012, 07:25 AM
He means real stocks like oil and gold etc :)

Gala
05-07-2012, 09:37 AM
300 aren't that much. I would go all-in and full risk. Best choice for you is US options (derivates).
PM me, I could send you one of my portfolios and give you some advice, but 300 is.. Hard to gamble with :/ With this kind of investitions the risks are very high.

weequ
05-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Double your investment every year and you'll have 307200 in 10 years. I'm interested in some advice too but I don't live in the US. Is it harder/move expensive to invest into things in other countries?

Benny
05-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Double your investment every year and you'll have 307200 in 10 years. I'm interested in some advice too but I don't live in the US. Is it harder/move expensive to invest into things in other countries?

obviously you have to consider exchange rates from your currency to the US dollar, if the exchange rate is low then you will be able to get more bang for your buck - ie you'll get more for your money but if exchange rates are higher you will get less.

The best bet would be to analyse the exchange rates for a bit. If you wanted to do easy money flipping you could trade basic currency for a while - if you have a lot of money this would be easy to pull a profit on the days trades :)

Hope I cleared anything up.

Glassir
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
why dont you try converting currencies?? although to make real money you need substantial amount to start off with and also understand currencies quite a bit. its not just a simple matter of thinking which ones are higher. There is charges involved with such high quantities of money, Also if i remember right its illegal to do it for someone else unless you have a license? i think some guy was jailed for it in england there like 2 months ago and he was making millions.....

i know at the minute im buying 10000 of something for £3000 and selling for £7000. :P all i have to do is post it.

Gala
05-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Is it harder/move expensive to invest into things in other countries?

Nope. You just have to find a good bank in your country. :) Find a bank with access to all the big exchanges, then you will have access to the US exchange. (NYSE)
Keep in mind, you have to find a low service fee, to be able to reach the break-even as fast as possible.
If you follow a strategy and you have a nice amount of beginning money, some people speak of 8 percent every year. (Constantly, low risk)

@Bennyp12
Currency trading is only rentable with higher amounts of money. I would not invest in these kind of things in such unstable times.
There is a very low chance of even reaching the break-even with the brief/geld of the banks nowadays.

@Glassir
I am not sure what kind of investment this is. Could you explain it a bit more detailed?

Glassir
05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
@Glassir
I am not sure what kind of investment this is. Could you explain it a bit more detailed?

was basically talking about changing say american $ to chineise yen and then to english £ and then to american $.. at certain times you can make like a 0.01% increase because of the different values between different countries. but as there is usually only a 0.01% increase if any in your total investment you need a quite substantial sum of money. 0.01% of $300 is a grand total of $0.03. not really worth talking about with only $300. But i remember reading in the news where there was a man in england doing this except he was trading millions. so for £1,000,000 he was making only £100. the thing was he was doing this with far bigger sums of money and doing it daily. then he was contracted to work for a stocks firm doing this. but to do this sort of thing in a business you need some sort of license. something he did not have. so now he is in jail! :L

Gala
05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
So basically you mean "simple" currency trading?

Edit: what do you mean with illegal? You don't need any license to do this here.

Glassir
05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
basically yeah... :L

Harry
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
was basically talking about changing say american $ to chineise yen and then to english £ and then to american $.. at certain times you can make like a 0.01% increase because of the different values between different countries. but as there is usually only a 0.01% increase if any in your total investment you need a quite substantial sum of money. 0.01% of $300 is a grand total of $0.03. not really worth talking about with only $300. But i remember reading in the news where there was a man in england doing this except he was trading millions. so for £1,000,000 he was making only £100. the thing was he was doing this with far bigger sums of money and doing it daily. then he was contracted to work for a stocks firm doing this. but to do this sort of thing in a business you need some sort of license. something he did not have. so now he is in jail! :L
The problem with that is almost all currency conversion places will charge you considerable fees. And anyone who you would make angry by doing that (namely banks) could probably sue your pants off if you actually were making any considerable profit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami_slicing). I'm unsure if it's be classified as that, but it could be twisted to look like that. You really don't want to make anyone mad, especially with money.

PS: I'd like to see one of your portfolios, Gala.

Neega Rose
05-08-2012, 02:20 AM
My friend used to do currency exchanges and made some money, but i'm walking the stock-trading path because idk, i think it's easier to predict and once you start investing a lot you start making a lot. In some cases you could flip almost 1k irl cash a day if you have enough invested (trying to get to this point). At this moment though, i'm just practicing and i finally made the deposit into my online broker :).

chosen357
05-08-2012, 02:33 AM
i am in australia and i would advise http://www.asx.com for information on stocks, but in the end, it all comes down to research and luck. I would advise some investments in safe companies, some in long term companies and also some in really crappy companies because they only way they can go, is up!! or bankrupt :P

Gala
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
@chosen357
I can't open this website :/

I use this one:
http://finance.yahoo.com/

Pretty good infos/news/charts/analyses.

And what do you mean with "crappy companies"?

Neega Rose
05-10-2012, 07:45 AM
@chosen357

I use this one:

By crappy companies, he means companies that are just starting up. These are risky however. These companies tend to have low share prices, some valuing as low as a penny per trade. You can imagine how people will throw entire investments into such companies hoping for a small influx making them bank. My friend invested 1grand and lost it cuz most of these are scams. Either way, small companies are good if you're a risk taker :) which I'm not. I think i'll stick with the big companies haha.

Update: Still havn't invested yet...economy's crashing and fluctuating like crazy

chosen357
05-10-2012, 08:31 AM
@chosen357

I use this one:

sorry i ment this: http://www.asx.com.au/

Gala
05-10-2012, 10:47 AM
@Neega Rose
As a private investor I would never invest in startup companies. (crappy company is the wrong term imo :S)
You can't tell if a startup will even survive the next year, except you know the administration and what they are doing.
Some years ago (especially after fukushima) many people I know decided to invest big amounts of cash in solar-technology companies. A lot of them lost all their money.

I would do this only if you are very into this business and you are pretty sure there is no corruption. (although you can't tell surely)

P1nky
05-11-2012, 07:09 AM
I do, but usually keep everything to myself. What I do though is read read and READ! read updates of the company you are interested or have invested.

Good Luck Mate!

Note: Keep adding on to your investment every month, example: getting paid $100 a month...take $20 out every month and invest!

Fletcher
05-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I have been trading currencies (foreign exchange) irl for a year and half and now after all that experience in trading .. lets just say my account size is shrinking at a much slower rate than when I first started :) .. Stocks I would say are more reliable and less riskier than trading currencies though.

what about trading off of charts? when trading stocks do you guys analyze charts and look for trading signals?

thats how I trade with currencies. I rarely follow the news about bank rates, employment etc.. and I do pretty good .... until I make that one stupid impulse trade :pinch:

Gala
05-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Ofc you have to follow all news, but it is bearly impossible to predict things or to react fat enough (professional traders will get the infos first)

The only way to follow a strategy is to analyze the chart and the facts.

daemon
05-28-2012, 10:18 PM

he means forex, essentially

$300 is not nearly enough for forex. don't forget broker fees, etc

@Neega Rose
As a private investor I would never invest in startup companies. (crappy company is the wrong term imo :S)
You can't tell if a startup will even survive the next year, except you know the administration and what they are doing.
Some years ago (especially after fukushima) many people I know decided to invest big amounts of cash in solar-technology companies. A lot of them lost all their money.

I would do this only if you are very into this business and you are pretty sure there is no corruption. (although you can't tell surely)
agree! indiv investors should never invest in ipo's, leave that to the institutions. facebook is a prime example - the public expected it to have a large pop, but JPM/MS/GS knew had access to facebook's actual finances, and knew that it was going down.
'corruption' is existent in one form or another across the board. there's little you can do about that.

what about trading off of charts? when trading stocks do you guys analyze charts and look for trading signals?

thats how I trade with currencies. I rarely follow the news about bank rates, employment etc.. and I do pretty good .... until I make that one stupid impulse trade :pinch:

trading off charts - micro trading
trading off trends - macro trading

nitisha_sharma
06-25-2012, 07:35 AM
MoneyWorks4me offers the Best Fundamental Stock Analysis & Free Portfolio Management Tools.We help you in Safe Stock Investing (http://www.moneyworks4me.com) through Value Investing principles.

Sex
06-25-2012, 07:44 AM
I think trades that involve irl cash is only done in the BlackMarket (You need junior memb. or higher rank to trade there) We normal users can only trade ingame stuff for ingame money :) For example, I have botted 100k+ Astrals now and you need alot of astrals to lvl farming/magic @ Lividfarm. Then you can buy those astrals off me :D

Made my night.

Eustass
06-25-2012, 09:42 PM
For me i have been following my father like 6 years ago
i pretty much merchant the same concept in RS too lol

Make sure to read a lot and analyses the charts previous prices

I work under Zurich International so
My advice to start with Zurich company
they got some decent polices and flexibility

Rezozo
06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
For a small amount 1-$500 try Penny stocks. They are a bit risky though.

shstiger2009
06-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Not gonna lie, I dropped $2000 into Facebook about 2 weeks ago. Shares are way up from what I bought at (down like $1.00 today unfortunately), and if I pulled out now I'd be about $350 ahead which is nice. I'm doing this as a long term investment, although a weekly trader would have been very happy with this!

I also bought after all the crap happened (glitches and stuff) where it dropped in value a lot so I got lucky with what I bought at. I think FB is a pretty safe 6 month or even year investment, but you never really know.

Horatio
07-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Not gonna lie, I dropped $2000 into Facebook about 2 weeks ago. Shares are way up from what I bought at (down like $1.00 today unfortunately), and if I pulled out now I'd be about $350 ahead which is nice. I'm doing this as a long term investment, although a weekly trader would have been very happy with this!

I also bought after all the crap happened (glitches and stuff) where it dropped in value a lot so I got lucky with what I bought at. I think FB is a pretty safe 6 month or even year investment, but you never really know.

Large investment banks who assisted with the IPO can dump their shares half a year after launch. I'd make sure I don't have any Facebook stocks by then.

1999 all over again :)

grats
07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
For other countries I'd make paypal USD money, however you want to.. and then use that for stocks, you skip one exchange process and only have to worry about the one 10 years from now, where.. hopefully.. the USD will be worth quite a bit more.

plenty of craigslist cyber jobs (web making etc) where people can make thousands every month without much trouble, especially people from around SRL