PDA

View Full Version : Cramming Techniques and Help

YoHoJo
05-16-2012, 06:25 PM
:D

I have THREE midterms tomorrow (OH GOD)!

Tell me good ways to relax, study effectively, study for long periods of time w/o getting bored/burnt out, and actually retain stuff.

I already :google: and got some good advice.

Brandon
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Write down stuff. Best way to study is to write whatever your studying down. Every hour take a break. If you can last for more than an hr then do so before breaking. Eat breakfast before your exams. Trust me the breakfast thing works.

Glassir
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
'ive got physics tomorrow and three on monday! Except i'm not revising for two of those.. music can screw itself! :P i find if there's essays questions on the paper that getting the last 5 years or so essays and writing them out veeery slowly, reading the essay first from the mark scheme, then writing it out point by point and reading each one again and after i've written it out and doing this for each year kinda helps. and seeing as the essays usually cover an entire topic they're quite good cos you can remember parts. :D

YoHoJo
05-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks.
I find writing out a study guide helps a lot.
And once that is done reading though it every few hours is great.
Each time you do it you remember more and more.

I hear about breakfast a lot, I rarely eat breakfast, maybe I will then.
Anything in particular to eat?

Brandon
05-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks.
I find writing out a study guide helps a lot.
And once that is done reading though it every few hours is great.
Each time you do it you remember more and more.

I hear about breakfast a lot, I rarely eat breakfast, maybe I will then.
Anything in particular to eat?

Yeah the writing works great! But so does the breakfast lol.

For the breakfast I usually try something that tastes good. Cereal? Bacon and Eggs? Some yummy sandwich? Something healthy but tasty. Tea, Milk, Choco-milk, Juice.. Up to you really.

shstiger2009
05-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Eat fruit, cereal, stuff like that for breakfast. But anything is better than nothing.

stricken157
05-16-2012, 06:36 PM
get a good night sleep and dont study too hard, and like everyone else said, eat a good breakfast,
good luck

Runepwnage
05-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Make sure to keep studying until bedtime and take short 10 minute naps every hour.

Sin
05-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Sex the night before :thumbsup:
Or wait, tell your girlfriend (presuming you have one, or just hire 'someone') that for every percent you get, that's one blowjob if it's higher than 75. :p

Benny
05-22-2012, 07:42 AM
haha Sin you crack me up...

A good breakfast would be some porridge (oatmeal for americans) wack some honey in it... Smash down a banana and have some juice :)

aval98
05-25-2012, 09:19 AM
great breakfast.heaps of rest before the actual exam and try not to stress.
In the past i found if i stressed heaps before a test ill have a major mind blank and just aim for a pass