PDA

View Full Version : baned rule 1?

rader720
04-09-2007, 07:04 AM
lmao i jst got done trying to get back a character called 7reported7 on which i used the auto reporter in the free scripts section to spam like 800 reports. come to find out i got baned for rule #1:

You must not use any language which may be considered by others to be offensive, racist or obscene. This includes swearing.

Related Questions
Below are some related questions which may help you to further understand and follow this rule.

Why do we have this rule?

We have this rule to maintain a pleasant environment in the game. For many people it's not much fun playing if there is someone else being rude or offensive, so please consider others when chatting. Also please remember not everyone playing is the same age or from the same background, so may be more offended or upset than you expect.

What about mis-spelling the offensive word to disguise it? Is that ok?

No, please don't do this. In fact mis-spelling an offensive word or using symbols to replace letters to try and avoid the chat filter is considered even worse.

I was called a 'noob'. Is this offensive? Should I report this player?

Calling other players a 'noob' is quite common in most online games.

It's not something to worry about as it means 'new player'. Every player has to be a 'noob' at some point.

The best thing to do is to ignore them.

If you suffer serious abuse such as receiving racist remarks, harassment or obscene and vulgar language, please report them to us using the in-game Report Abuse button which can be found at the bottom of the game window.

What is flooding the chat window?

Spamming/flooding the chat window is to fill the chat window with unnecessary text. This is also an offence and is disruptive and unfair on other players as it makes it more difficult for them to communicate and trade with each other.

this is rule 1 directly from jagex themselves. anyone see where mass reporting is listed in there? i sure dont. lol o well i knew he would get baned, but i figured they would at least come up with a legit reason for it. *sigh* o well btw guys reporting people is now considered offensive language so watch out (expecially you mods ;) )

Hobbit
04-09-2007, 07:07 AM
lol they probably couldnt think of anyother catagoery to ban you under.

Jason2gs
04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Misuse of customer support? They coulda done it under that.

That is strange. You actually got banned? Perm banned?

legendaryhero90
04-09-2007, 09:12 PM
lol yeah that happened to me too i got banned for rule #1 and got 12.5 out 10 balckmarks and i was denied a second chance

Hobbit
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
my friend had 14.5/10 black marks but he isnt banned just perm muted...then he let me try to appeal them...i got it down to 8.7/10 lol but its still muted

rader720
04-10-2007, 02:47 AM
lol well yeah i got shot up with 10/10 black marks all at once, kinda wierd cause it went to exaclty 10/10, i dont think they like me ^.^

and if any jagex reads this: i love you why must u hate me? lol

Harry
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I mede an account called Reoprt Autos (they wouldn't let me use 'report' in the name!!) I ran only for about 30 mins, stood by the yew in Lumby (the one clostest to Draynor) and I reported about 100 nubs. I am gonna try to do it again =]