PDA

View Full Version : [Q] Tutorials & Name Change[Q]

public_static_void_main
05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I wanted to get in cotact with an SRL Admin or Staff member about a few questions i have.

I want to become a SRL member and would like to try threw my VB.Net Knowledge. I planned on releasing a series of tutorials in the programming section to earn some respect and contribute to the SRL Forums. So my question is am i allowed to make a thread for each tutorial or do i have to try to fit them into 1 thread?

And I would also like to change my name because for 1 it relates to java and 2 its annoying to keep typing in..

Frement
05-28-2012, 11:33 PM
There is a name changing thread already, you should try searching. And your nickname doesn't really relate only to Java.

But yes, you can make a new thread for each tutorial.

And you have to have a script in order to apply for SRL member.

putonajonny
05-28-2012, 11:53 PM
It would depend on how closely linked the tutorials are, just use your judgement

public_static_void_main
05-29-2012, 03:57 AM
There is a name changing thread already, you should try searching. And your nickname doesn't really relate only to Java.

But yes, you can make a new thread for each tutorial.

And you have to have a script in order to apply for SRL member.

Yes i saw the thread but this was mainly relating to making these guides. Now you said i have to make a SRL Script in order to be a member and can not do so just by posting tuts in a different language?

public_static_void_main
05-29-2012, 04:01 AM
It would depend on how closely linked the tutorials are, just use your judgement

They would be a new lesson every thread but depending on how interested members are i could easily end up with 20+ threads.

bg5
05-29-2012, 04:12 AM
I would be interested in good java tutorial ,as I don't know much abut this language :)
You can't become SRL member with only tutorials ,you need script too ,it's a rule. Anyway it shouldn't be hard to script in pascal if you know another languages.

public_static_void_main
05-29-2012, 05:04 AM
I would be interested in good java tutorial ,as I don't know much abut this language :)
You can't become SRL member with only tutorials ,you need script too ,it's a rule. Anyway it shouldn't be hard to script in pascal if you know another languages.

Yeah it wont be at all lol. I might just be going ahead and investing my time in learning but i figured it would be easier and more helpful to make tuts

Abu
05-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah it wont be at all lol. I might just be going ahead and investing my time in learning but i figured it would be easier and more helpful to make tuts

You can still get cups for being helpful and making tutorials. Here's a list of cups you can earn:

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27792