PDA

View Full Version : My dog died.

Vinyl Scratch
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Hey guys.. My dog, Carter, 9 weeks old, died in his sleep last night. I wanted to get your guys opinions on what to do.. I'm so damn sad.. I'll be honest, I cried. He was one of the best dogs I've ever seen. He responded to positive reinforcement so well, he probably could've been a police dog.. The main reason I'm so sad, is because he suffered. My sister put a blanket over his kennel, and he overheated. I can feel how he felt.. I picture it like nightsweats x 100. Well, There you guys go.

Sir Ducksworthy
07-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear bro, I had this awesome ferret called Shaggy he was a dirty little bastard <3 Loved him 2 bit's hey, I buried him in the backyard and made a little Grave For him with Stone n Carved His R.I.P + Name + Date Into it with a Small Chisel and Hammer.
You should do something Similar It's the only way ;)
R.I.P Carter

King
07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
^When my dog died (she was my first birthday present<3)The vet suggested that we have her cremated and spread her ashes somewhere, I thought it was a cool idea.

Flight
07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm sure sorry for your loss buddy. I'm one of them who can relate to how you feel; I've lost a fair share of dogs in the past as well. It can't be compared to losing a family member or friend but it still leaves a deep scar.

Do you have plans to find a similar dog to Carter in the future?

Kasi
07-10-2012, 02:23 PM
your sister - 1, -.- why? may i have a word with her good sir?

Vinyl Scratch
07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear bro, I had this awesome ferret called Shaggy he was a dirty little bastard <3 Loved him 2 bit's hey, I buried him in the backyard and made a little Grave For him with Stone n Carved His R.I.P + Name + Date Into it with a Small Chisel and Hammer.
You should do something Similar It's the only way ;)
R.I.P Carter
I would, but my apartments won't allow it. Thanks for the idea though.

^When my dog died (she was my first birthday present<3)The vet suggested that we have her cremated and spread her ashes somewhere, I thought it was a cool idea.
I don't know of any places in Longview that do cremations. Also a good idea, thanks.

I'm sure sorry for your loss buddy. I'm one of them who can relate to how you feel; I've lost a fair share of dogs in the past as well. It can't be compared to losing a family member or friend but it still leaves a deep scar.

Do you have plans to find a similar dog to Carter in the future?
I don't know.. I still have my cat, Dell (Yes, after the computer) and she's a great cat. We got Carter to teach my sister responsibility.. It didn't work.
Thanks for your sympathy, guys. I feel alot better.

your sister - 1, -.- why? may i have a word with her good sir?
I'll tell her everything you say.. but if it's to harsh, I'll wait. She's soo sad, too. but, she should've taken better care of him. He was a damn good dog.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
07-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Awh, only 9 weeks old! Sorry to hear! RIP Doggy.

Kasi
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
out of interest how old is your sister? a dog is a massive responsibility, should of got her a gold fish instead, why would you put a blanket over a kennel anyways

Vinyl Scratch
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
My sister is 12. He was a black dog, if I hadn't mentioned.

Jim
07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
That's a pretty painful way to die, hopefully any future pets don't end up in tragic situations. But anyways sorry for your loss.

Joe
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
May I ask why she put a blanket on his kennel? You can sue her for animal cruelty.
In the future, get a dog mat.

Jim
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
May I ask why she put a blanket on his kennel? You can sue her for animal cruelty.

She's 12 and she's his sister, I don't know why you would suggest he sue her.

Vinyl Scratch
07-10-2012, 05:02 PM

I don't know why, but it was stupid. Absolutely stupid. I'm not going to sue my own sister, lol.. Good idea though.. Get rich quick type thing.

Sin
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Im honestly not sure if this is a troll or not, judging by your past posts I think it is.

Vinyl Scratch
07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
No, Shay, I'm being serious. My dog died. I'm not Trolling, or anything. If I was, I'd have told you guys by now. And, I would'nt do something like this.. This kind of troll would be just wrong.

[XoL]
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Ah, Sorry for your loss man :/ but in the end of the day it was an honest mistake so forgive your sister and try looking for a new dog perhaps from the shelter as they don't have a home and are normally let down if they are not adopted within a time period (save a dog's life)

iraqownz
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM
sorry you hear bro :/ rest in peace your dog mate. i had a cat which i used call (moniz) who also passed away last year. well, there is nothing else we can do, than say r.i.p. :) hope you get over it.

Vinyl Scratch
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks, R4nd0m. You always have nice things to say.

Neznam
07-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Sry to hear that mate. At first I thought it said 9 years old, but then I got a little sad when I read weeks instead. That's a shame.

Im sure the 9 weeks he had with you were the best he could have hoped for.

chriscosta1987
07-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Sucks to hear that. I have a small dog that sleeps with me in bed everynight. Sometimes im deathly afraid ill roll over on him. But he wont let me put him anywhere else.

Hazzah
07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
:/ What are sisters for other than to kill our pets.

ggsus
07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Damn, That sucks ;(, sorry to hear about your dog.. Everyone suggesting that this is animal cruelty, you literally need to find a different thread to post on.. Obviously, this was a non-intentional mistake, and humans learn from their mistakes.