PDA

View Full Version : SRL YouTube Challenge!

[XoL]
07-12-2012, 01:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OzFTI.png

Welcome to the SRL YouTube Challenge!
Here you can compete to make the best videos for SRL, that will be featured for a while on the SRL YouTube channel.

Challenge #1

Create a creative promotion for SRL
EXAMPLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOZAQQJ9lNc
Must be better!

Rules:

Must be original, copying will result in instant disq.
Must be creative (Try)
Must be 60 seconds or longer (Anything shorter will not count)
Must be willing to give full rights of video up to SRL Youtube channel (Its in signature)

Challenge #2
Create a detailed guide related to SRL (Scripting/setting up/etc. try to think original there are already many videos on scripting/setting up try "different" try not to use anything already in the youtube channel)
EXAMPLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MosyyjP2s

Rules:

Must be original, copying will result in instant disq.
Must be detailed
Must be 120 seconds or longer (Anything shorter will not count)
Must be willing to give full rights of video up to SRL Youtube channel (Its in signature)

Time Limit
August 10th is when I close the contest.
PM me a copy of the files, also it is optional if you want to upload it to YouTube as well.

Rewards:
If you win the promotion contest the RSGP reward is 15m RSGP
If you win the Tutorial contest the RSGP reward is 15m RSGP

+Featured for a month.
-----

There may NOT be a winner if the entries are not satisfactory, but there will be consolation prizes in that case (5m, to the top 3 that I think did the best)

YoHoJo
07-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Great idea, why not have more of these yay!
Bad timing though rofl, everything is BORKED!
Right to SRL Youtube huh? So you get the adsense?! Fine with me I guess :].

[XoL]
07-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Haha :p things will get fixed, benland100 is almost done with SMART corrections (I believe).
I like to see competitions, and 30m RSGP isn't too much for me to part with.

Edit: I haven't set up adsense :P, lol I don't plan to any time soon either ads before video's annoy me.
Proof: http://i.imgur.com/64eIH.png
:D

Silent
07-12-2012, 09:30 AM
I'll be taking my shot at this, already have a few ideas.

Luke L
07-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Damn! I really wish I could take part in this - but for the life of me I can't make videos worth a poop.

As for written guides, I wrote the most viewed and replied runescape pure guide on the Internet for rsbots.net, Luke L's maxed/perfect mauler guide!

If there is ever a competition for tutorial writing to be made for posting on the forums , I'd love to partake (actually I'm going to start writing these guides soon anyways just to help the community ^.^)

Best of luck to the competitors!

Sin
07-13-2012, 05:22 PM
I've got some clips :D
Brb getting that 15M.

Jos3ph
07-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Anyone want to team up with me? I'll edit it & have a great sag actor for voiceovers.... I can edit your footage to present something amazing drop me a pm if anyone interested.

I dont need the gp. Just like to help the community.

illester
07-15-2012, 04:27 AM
I think it would be a good idea to make rewards also be access to srl mem+ for valuable members that prefer not to script but make use of other talents to help the srl community.

[XoL]
07-16-2012, 01:47 AM
I think it would be a good idea to make rewards also be access to srl mem+ for valuable members that prefer not to script but make use of other talents to help the srl community.

I don't have those powers, nor would I want them to come from this challenge sorry.

Srl members is a community rank, if you show your community based and keep at it for a very very long period of time you will be noticed but in that time you could EASILY learn to script. Honestly you can pick up scripting in a day (pick it up not master) try YoHoJo's videos or the text guides in the guides section they are pretty straight forward!

illester
07-18-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't have those powers, nor would I want them to come from this challenge sorry.

Srl members is a community rank, if you show your community based and keep at it for a very very long period of time you will be noticed but in that time you could EASILY learn to script. Honestly you can pick up scripting in a day (pick it up not master) try YoHoJo's videos or the text guides in the guides section they are pretty straight forward!

What if... omg this must seem like its totally not possible to you or something... but what if i don't WANT to. I don't like it, why would i get into to it if its not enjoyable to me. Nothing good comes out when you do something you don't enjoy. But i do like the srl community and have many multimedia skills to get recognition for this community if it be needed. Almost ten years of runescape experience (that sounds so laaame) to help people in the forum or create a helpful thread about something rs related when requested. But most importantly and summing that up, just being a good member of the community who wants to be here, not just for PIXELZ OR GEEPEEZ to sell on craigslist but for the great community. I understand that one of the main goals of this place is to get people into scripting but i just hope that you can understand where i'm coming from. I'm just saying that people who choose not to script but to help otherwise should have oppurtunities to achieve srl member rank also. (like the application for scripter's)

[XoL]
07-18-2012, 05:27 PM
What if... omg this must seem like its totally not possible to you or something... but what if i don't WANT to. I don't like it, why would i get into to it if its not enjoyable to me. Nothing good comes out when you do something you don't enjoy. But i do like the srl community and have many multimedia skills to get recognition for this community if it be needed. Almost ten years of runescape experience (that sounds so laaame) to help people in the forum or create a helpful thread about something rs related when requested. But most importantly and summing that up, just being a good member of the community who wants to be here, not just for PIXELZ OR GEEPEEZ to sell on craigslist but for the great community. I understand that one of the main goals of this place is to get people into scripting but i just hope that you can understand where i'm coming from. I'm just saying that people who choose not to script but to help otherwise should have oppurtunities to achieve srl member rank also. (like the application for scripter's)

Yes they exist, but in the end of the day to be considered for that the goal must not be "become a SRL member" the goal must be help the community and it WILL take much longer to go this path than creating a script and proving you are here for the community. (Even if it is simpler compared to other applicants, if you bring a lot to the table you will be considered)

Anything is possible provided you put the community > self interest.
Best of luck, but the rank SRL members cannot be "won".

begginer
07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Hopefully I am going on holiday tonight. I'll be back in about 10 days. I'll make those vids then if contest is still available.

Luke L
07-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes they exist, but in the end of the day to be considered for that the goal must not be "become a SRL member" the goal must be help the community and it WILL take much longer to go this path than creating a script and proving you are here for the community. (Even if it is simpler compared to other applicants, if you bring a lot to the table you will be considered)

Anything is possible provided you put the community > self interest.
Best of luck, but the rank SRL members cannot be "won".

What it one starts writing a lot of useful guides for the community :cool:.

haha no I'm not really "going for SRL members". I just like to write guides that people enjoy or like. I didn't think it was possible to become an SRL member without writing a script.

I shall just keep racking up the tutorials and maybe I shall be noticed :D

Abu
07-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Might as well bump with a question.

The first script in the video (x fighter pro), how does he remove the white background hat you get with bitmaps?

I could search for it myself, but it's 1:43 AM and I'm a tad bit tired.

EDIT: Found it:

procedure SetTransparentColor(bmp : integer; Color : TColor);

Jos3ph
07-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Why not extend the date since we're not at 100% working power right now.

[XoL]
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Simba works o.o?
Is it not working for all of you?

Jos3ph
07-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Simba works o.o?
Is it not working for all of you?

I've only been using the temp fix...what are you doing that makes all your scripts work?

[XoL]
07-26-2012, 09:01 PM
I've only been using the temp fix...what are you doing that makes all your scripts work?

I don't bot, I just made it load smart and figured it worked.

[XoL]
08-11-2012, 05:40 AM
No one wins :(
No one entered the competition, perhaps we can try this another time

Silentcore
08-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Can did competition be postpone and deadline being by september

[XoL]
08-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I won't have time to actively judge at that time (nor will I have rsgp at that time, spending my bank)

This competition will return in due time :)

Leonardo Da Vinci
08-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Disregard this post, should have been worded better.

Luke L
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I have mixed feelings about this... Do we really want more bots?
I mean, I'm a bot, you're a bot, we're all bots.
But when I see a bot in RuneScape, I report them because I see it as competition. They're taking MY resources.

Having said that, every man has his price.
I can't script, but I can edit.
I can make a fairly good video... For a fairly good price.

Edit: Wow, prick alert.
I just meant that if anyone wants any videos done, I'd be happy to do them for you for some of that delicious golden pixels.

I'm sorry but I have to rant on your arrogance for a second.

First, did you really post on this competition thread to advertise for yourself? You should want to do it for the good of SRL , since they have helped you further yourself - not be a greedy ass.

And really? You report other botters for taking "your" resources, and see them as "competition"? Don't get me wrong, I report gold farming massive Chinese bots, but not a fellow bitter getting their WC up on ivy like me - even if they are cutting the ivy I am.

If everyone thought like you did, the scripters wouldn't make scripts for us to use, since we would be their "competition". Try to make some thought out opinions instead of just greedy selfish ones.

Remember the rule "treat others how you would like to be treated" - don't be a douche :/.

OT: sad that th competition is down, was looking forward to what talent was around here! Hopefully it's back in motion soon ^.^

Leonardo Da Vinci
08-23-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry but I have to rant on your arrogance for a second.

First, did you really post on this competition thread to advertise for yourself? You should want to do it for the good of SRL , since they have helped you further yourself - not be a greedy ass.

And really? You report other botters for taking "your" resources, and see them as "competition"? Don't get me wrong, I report gold farming massive Chinese bots, but not a fellow bitter getting their WC up on ivy like me - even if they are cutting the ivy I am.

If everyone thought like you did, the scripters wouldn't make scripts for us to use, since we would be their "competition". Try to make some thought out opinions instead of just greedy selfish ones.

Remember the rule "treat others how you would like to be treated" - don't be a douche :/.

OT: sad that th competition is down, was looking forward to what talent was around here! Hopefully it's back in motion soon ^.^

Arrogance? I even pointed out that I was sounding like a prick, it was not arrogance, you just didn't get your milk bottle warm enough today, so you're a little grumpy.

I was simply stating that if anyone wants any video editing done at all, as in for their YouTube videos or something of the kind, that I can do it for RSGP. It wasn't in relation to the competition, perhaps I should have worded myself better for the hostile grumpy people who automatically assume the worst in people... But perhaps you should also use common sense before you start getting all hostile.
Obviously I don't report people from villavu, use your brain. If I was to report people from villavu, that would be bad for the community. Is it not obvious that I was talking about dragon botters ect? I mean, seriously. I've got friends on RS from villavu that I know bot, I don't report them, or anyone who's just trying to level their skills. More people do that than who play.
I love this community and would go very far out of my way to help anyone in any way I could.

Next time, I'll try to word it and explain myself a little better, and you don't assume the worst and get all hostile.

Luke L
08-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Arrogance? I even pointed out that I was sounding like a prick, it was not arrogance, you just didn't get your milk bottle warm enough today, so you're a little grumpy.

I was simply stating that if anyone wants any video editing done at all, as in for their YouTube videos or something of the kind, that I can do it for RSGP. It wasn't in relation to the competition, perhaps I should have worded myself better for the hostile grumpy people who automatically assume the worst in people... But perhaps you should also use common sense before you start getting all hostile.
Obviously I don't report people from villavu, use your brain. If I was to report people from villavu, that would be bad for the community. Is it not obvious that I was talking about dragon botters ect? I mean, seriously. I've got friends on RS from villavu that I know bot, I don't report them, or anyone who's just trying to level their skills. More people do that than who play.
I love this community and would go very far out of my way to help anyone in any way I could.

Next time, I'll try to word it and explain myself a little better, and you don't assume the worst and get all hostile.

As for the prick part - the way you worded it sounded like you were talking to/about someone else :p.

But your post just doesn't make much sense - You say "obviously I don't report people from Villavu", how do you know which bot is someone here or someone from somewhere else o.o...

But when you say things like "other bots are competition", and "I report them if they are taking my resources" , How was I to take your post other then thinking the worst? If you do truly only report more aimed at the chinese gold farmers then you poorly worded it :p (which I do see you acknowledged). But like I said - Sorry if I did get hostile, but from the way it was worded I wasn't making too hasty of conclusions.

oh and last - But the advertising your business here is still kinda sketchy =p. I mean, posting on a competition thread that is asking for video editors, saying "anyone who wants a video edited can pay me RsGp" is just kinda...off. There are market sections on other websites for that :p.

+reped for admitting your wording and editing the post, glad you only report the gold farmers.

Leonardo Da Vinci
08-24-2012, 05:08 AM
As for the prick part - the way you worded it sounded like you were talking to/about someone else :p.

But your post just doesn't make much sense - You say "obviously I don't report people from Villavu", how do you know which bot is someone here or someone from somewhere else o.o...

But when you say things like "other bots are competition", and "I report them if they are taking my resources" , How was I to take your post other then thinking the worst? If you do truly only report more aimed at the chinese gold farmers then you poorly worded it :p (which I do see you acknowledged). But like I said - Sorry if I did get hostile, but from the way it was worded I wasn't making too hasty of conclusions.

oh and last - But the advertising your business here is still kinda sketchy =p. I mean, posting on a competition thread that is asking for video editors, saying "anyone who wants a video edited can pay me RsGp" is just kinda...off. There are market sections on other websites for that :p.

+reped for admitting your wording and editing the post, glad you only report the gold farmers.

Ohh no no, I meant that I sounded like a prick, don't worry about that.
Well, villavu botters are much easier to spot. They're more about skilling rather than amassing bills to sell on websites at $1 a mill.
You go to Soul Wars and I swear, everyone there is botting. But I don't report them because they're alching to level, or fletching to level. That I don't care about.
But if there's someone who's world hopping mining ore, or killing dragons with the name "asdgsddsgdfa" chances are that I'm going to report. But yeah, you can't really get that info from what I said. I should have cleared that up.

I'll admit, I would have said pretty much what you said if someone else had said what I said (try saying that five times), so that's understandable.
But yeah, keep business in the business section.

So, sorry we got off on the wrong foot!
+rep for forgiving me!

Peanuts
08-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends! (8)

Sing it with me!

Luke L
08-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Ohh no no, I meant that I sounded like a prick, don't worry about that.
Well, villavu botters are much easier to spot. They're more about skilling rather than amassing bills to sell on websites at $1 a mill.
You go to Soul Wars and I swear, everyone there is botting. But I don't report them because they're alching to level, or fletching to level. That I don't care about.
But if there's someone who's world hopping mining ore, or killing dragons with the name "asdgsddsgdfa" chances are that I'm going to report. But yeah, you can't really get that info from what I said. I should have cleared that up.

I'll admit, I would have said pretty much what you said if someone else had said what I said (try saying that five times), so that's understandable.
But yeah, keep business in the business section.

So, sorry we got off on the wrong foot!
+rep for forgiving me!

Sorry for the late reply, but haha yes it seems we believe the same thing when it comes to reporting botters, and no worries mate :)