PDA

View Full Version : Runescape Forum Bot Rants

YoHoJo
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM
1000s of legit players are ranting on the forums about autoers.
Just look up autoer on the search and you get a bunch of threads.
Unfortunately jagex doesnt like it and is closing them.
They better stop this soon its getting out of hand.
Mods are closing all threads about autoers at about 2 threads a second!
I think its hilarious that all these stupid people are ranting, rantings wont stop the autoers and jagex obviously already knows about the problem...

Crazy autoing like this is 'obnoxious' says Fakawi

I think scar is better because its not used too massively and we auto smart.

One Mod Said:

Jagex admitted that they were banning around 8,000 to 10,000 Macroers per week. At the rate of 10,000 a week, 1 bot is banned every minute! That's insane! That, without counting the countless amount of other rule breakers they have to deal with.

Which i highly doubt.
They need to do another engine update like they did for arayn =)

Smartzkid
04-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Wowzers!

Theres some really funny messages from the mods there

PS: Anyone wanna crash a party?

UNITE AGAINST AUTOERS!

This is not a rant.

DATE: 21st April 2007
TIME: 6:00pm GMT

For those of you living in GMT time zone (and anyone else), remember that you're living in daylight savings time now, and British Summer Time is GMT + 1.

I'm planning to hold a protest against macroers, aka autoers (yes that's right), hoping that Jagex receives our message that we want them to improve their macro detection systems, and their reporting system (the fact that you have to wait 60 seconds between each report, and that's difficult when there are 10 people to report). I;ve had enough of reporting, main reason because the reporting system is garbage.

There is a thread on the rants forum about the ridiculous reporting system as well (Quick find code: 27-28-179-42250287).

I also want to know how many people will sign up to this, as if not many sign up, I will have to cancel this. Protests have happened in Runescape before, and Jagex mods have always turned up there.

And to anyone who comes, remember, you must abide by the Runescape rules at all times, that also means DO NOT SPAM THE CHAT BOX, YOU MIGHT GET YOURSELF MUTED.

EDIT:

Do all mod's lie this much?

Andrew
Jagex Mod

03-Jan-2007 14:43:22

Actually we ban about 8000 accounts a week for macroing.

It's next to impossible to get away with these days. That doesn't mean they don't keep trying, (making new accounts and trying again), but they're not getting away with it. Why do you think the vast majority of the accounts you see these days are only level-3? It's because they've only just made them!

The only problem now is in the time between them creating the account and us catching them (And we do catch them!) We're working on further measures to reduces even that small window.

As you can see by this (fairly recent) post, this is an issue they are working on.

-Vorpal

Lol, yeah right

Boreas
04-16-2007, 02:05 AM
Andrew := noob;

Secet
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Well they can't say "We can't detect macroers", can they?

Yakman
04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
well i think this is the reason theres so many level 3s

when i log on onto a deob, the character doesnt get instantly banned, it takes between a week and two weeks, this is a measure by jagex so its difficult to tell exactly whats caused the ban,
the problem is that in a week someone could do a lot of autoing... perhaps jagex could speed up their banning sequence

btw, they probably do this with scar accounts too, when they see you're autoing, they probably wait a week before banning you :(

GoF
04-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Yes.. And the bot accounts are just made to run through tut, get lvls up, make money..

Jagex is slow at banning those people because "skillers" would rant if they would get banned for macroing.. I cant understand why they couldnt just level up their accounts.. Also, they could just ban lots of lvl 3s with high wc or so, the skillers will rant, but macroers for sure wont..

RAM
05-08-2007, 07:34 AM
http://forum.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/forums.ws?15,16,429,43323369,goto,2

Somebody posting about the SCAR Bot Catcher Script, Didn't catch all of it before it was censored, but he pointed them in this direction RAM

omgh4x0rz
05-08-2007, 12:13 PM
This guy seems pretty to know more about autoers than the average rs player.

Obee One 1

03-May-2007 08:14:28
Actully, I will tell you that this is 100% true. Script wrighters have gotten realy good, That they can now program bots to reconize what people say, and to reply back with an answer that matches the query that is programed in the script. There are even some bots that say "mining lvl" automaticly to prevent getting banned. It's called "human actions" in some scripts. So, yeah, people, don't be fooled by this.

rkroxpunk
05-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Geez he doesn't know that much rofl. Who can't make a script randomly say Mining lvl? rofl
soz if that sarcasm h4x0rz. We need some sarcasm tags around here

RAM
05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Geez he doesn't know that much rofl. Who can't make a script randomly say Mining lvl? rofl
soz if that sarcasm h4x0rz. We need some sarcasm tags around here

While this is comon knowledge to any SRL Member, You have to keep in mind that we "cheaters" are still the minority and much about Macros is still unknown the majority of the RS comunity....RAM

omgh4x0rz
05-09-2007, 01:36 AM
much about Macros is still unknown the majority of the RS comunity....RAM

I'd like it to stay that way. I used to purposefully post misleading info on the forums.

RAM
05-09-2007, 03:14 AM
We would ALL like it to stay that way, but with the latest influx of new people here, as well as the latest bot explosion, I think people's curiosity is high and they are educating themselves more...I like your idea of misinformation though...RAM

Ruroken
05-09-2007, 03:44 AM
I still do that :)

You know, tel people stuff like bots cant open doors...

Sebo
06-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Quote from Boreas:

Andrew := noob;

Well...

If Andrew := noob; Then
RuneScape := False; (makes no sense.)

But seriously lots of people are being stupid about autoing. I don't understand if they have membership, wy not cut tress in member's world? :spot:

Boreas
06-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Quote from Andrew:

It's next to impossible to get away with these days.

Quote from lefamaster's stats: well you get the idea...

Wizzup?
06-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Quote from Andrew:

Quote from lefamaster's stats: well you get the idea...

You might want to say he only got 1 ban because of offensive name.

Wanted
06-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Ah yes Mod Andrew, by far the stupidest person over at Jagex Ltd.

Andrew
Jagex Mod

03-Jan-2007 14:43:22

Actually we ban about 8000 accounts a week for macroing.

It's next to impossible to get away with these days. That doesn't mean they don't keep trying, (making new accounts and trying again), but they're not getting away with it. Why do you think the vast majority of the accounts you see these days are only level-3? It's because they've only just made them!

The only problem now is in the time between them creating the account and us catching them (And we do catch them!) We're working on further measures to reduces even that small window.

As you can see by this (fairly recent) post, this is an issue they are working on.

-Vorpal

Rofl, that's why before I even started breaking rules my account was banned for spamming, yet I'm better off running a macro overnight... still I don't have ANY warned accounts. I think it's safe to say they playing legit will get you banned faster.

Bottom line:

Tried to Follow rules ->>>>>>>>>>>>>> 15/10 blackmarks

Macro on 15 different accounts Daily ->>> 0/10 blackmarks (that's total from all acc.'s BTW).

Probably why I don't play anymore :p.

It's not the so much "The cheating ruins the game for me." It's Jagex's Lies...

Edit: BTW "their not getting away with it..." ok that contradicts what your other little mod friend said on the news section about them selling gold on Auction websites then not caring if they got away or not since they already have their real life money, I'm not even going to mention the crap you guys lied about when you were saying "sweat-shoppers" were playing.

shaunthasheep
06-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Tell the truth to people that need to know =)

K0kk

15-Jun-2007 02:10:24
Last edited on 15-Jun-2007 03:42:25 by K0kk

LOL, er..the client already does that. It sends data about mouse events every few seconds(milliseconds i think). Then there examined..If the actions are repeated (same pixel clicked, actions getting predictable), they will do something. If your logged in at very lengthy times, i think, they have a way of telling, im 90% sure. This idea IMO will be a long time, if ever, to be implemented. (most of) these bots don't have runescape even open, and the others are programmed to move the mouse as a human would. So, this idea would be useless, because the bots that don't have runescape open, will send a fake report. I don't auto, but I do know what im talking about. Some of these "autoers" are getting very sophisticated: auto-responders, can read text on screen, some hack runescape and get details about anything a human can see + more, some connect to runescape(acting as the client)..

just don't get fooled by autoers, there not all lvl-3, some don't get banned very easily, and some can get away with it too(for a while)..but not for long. -> But the ones causing the problems, get banned very easily, but what i heard, usually get banned a week later.

Btw, I don't want to get banned, just using my first amendment, and im not breaking any of the rules (advertising, autoing, encouraging others to break the rules)<-main ones that this post (may) be violating, but im 99.9% sure it's not.

Also, I love you random ideas lol, but some of them are to simple. I know some bots can I.D. every npc, and can solve any random very easily, if programmed right. Others look on screen for there name, if they see it, they start looking for randoms, if im correct. Also the grandma one sounds cool, but is still easily solvable. The Gravedigger type of random events are hard to solve, and the purple-cat 1, scaperune? is the trickiest one yet, because of the samecolors, the bot has to find certain shapes, which some won't be able to do.

By the looks of it, autoers are destroying runescape

in the thread: QUICK ID: 24-25-327-44960747

Page 31.

hmm.. Looks like the editted the post, and put Free Bump!, Jagex is hiding something!

GoF
06-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Well.. Jagex detecting RSDemon = Failure..

After using it with about 5 accs I got 1 ban.. From 1 to 64-66 wc with a lvl 3 account.. BUT! Another account with 5 combat and a lederhosen hat got to +70 wc, no ban.. Other accs to 60-70 wc too.. All others but the lvl 3 and 5 are +10 combat.. Still not banned, been ages since I used RSDemon.

Jagex is seriously screwed trying to get rid of the macroers.. And it could be possible that they ban like +8k accs per week.. Maybe they ban like +100 per time..?

Markus
06-16-2007, 11:03 AM
hmm.. Looks like they editted the post, and put Free Bump!, Jagex is hiding something!

The official RS forums have more censorship then internet in China. Everybody knows that.

GoF
06-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Yea.. At RS forums you think only if you think the same way as jagex :)

Markus
06-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Yea.. At RS forums you think only if you think the same way as jagex :)

Wrong. Jagex thinks: "We cant kill autoers" but they dont say that.
You must think like Andrew = god and Jagex = 1337.

da_professa
06-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Jagex has taken the best step right now..

which is..Best way to kill the "mass" autoers is to stop the buying of golds. Right now I think about 50% or more of bots are those that are there to make real life money... Stopping people from buying the gps kills the real life earners.

next they move on to bots. These are hard to kill as they do it for fun, but not so bad because most are kids and not as bad as the real life guyz.

Then there is scar who seem like normal rs players (most of them) which Jagex doesn't find as annoying since only 1 account can run per comp.. Ok with vms 2 or 3.. but u get the idea.

Pyro
06-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Well true true professa i never even thought about the gold sales. That would be one way. But hell google it and tonnes of sites come up selling it. I cant see with jagex's lawyers and what not how these sites are still running. If someone wanted to sell it just on the quiet then who cares but to start your own site seems to be a obvious target. Yet there is still tonnes of these running