PDA

View Full Version : Luke L's Maxed/Perfect Mauler guide!

Luke L
07-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Please Delete - Guide is now obsolete. Will decide what to do with it from here.

Luke L
07-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Delete

Based Lord
07-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Awesome, im sure some people will put this to use

Luke L
07-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Awesome, im sure some people will put this to use

Thanks, I hope so - I put many hours of work into this. Every single piece is original pictures or text by yours truly ^.^

Jos3ph
07-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Impressive guide, nice work.--LOVE THE DETAIL +1

Luke L
07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Impressive guide, nice work.--LOVE THE DETAIL +1

Thanks! Its a lot of reading but well worth it. Only bad part is I like it to be more visually appealing with more picture demonstrations and such, but I'll
Have to get some pics of Villavu bots running.

Silentcore
07-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice guide, even though I'm not a mauler..

Recursive
07-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Well done man, I think when I get back to playing the game again, I will try making a pure and this guide will be a good starting point. Been playing on a main for 5 years now, after this year of school, I will concentrate on making a F2P GMauler.

Luke L
07-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Nice guide, even though I'm not a mauler..
Thank you :).. and you should try one!

Well done man, I think when I get back to playing the game again, I will try making a pure and this guide will be a good starting point. Been playing on a main for 5 years now, after this year of school, I will concentrate on making a F2P GMauler.

Thanks, they are the funnest accounts by far to play on! I keep one to play on for fun, but I also now play on a main - I have been a maxed mauler for nearly 5 years - I think it's time I play the rest of the game :o

Flight
07-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm not even a PKer, but this is a well-written guide, nicely done!

Luke L
07-16-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm not even a PKer, but this is a well-written guide, nicely done!

Thanks Flight, coming from someone with such a prestigious background for perfection in scripting, that really means a lot! (especially since the guide is in such an atrocious state, missing many pictures)

Although I am being a terribly slow learner when it comes to scripting, I hope to start giving back to the community with my already developed talent - guide writing!

If enough people appreciate the detail I put into my guide, I will start writing guides for various SRL related things. Hopefully I can make some that are instructional enough to make helpful sticky's for all the new comers ^.^

Benny
07-16-2012, 01:17 AM
This looks sweet, I had a great read going through it. I now completely understand how to make a mauler :D well done

Luke L
07-16-2012, 01:20 AM
This looks sweet, I had a great read going through it. I now completely understand how to make a mauler :D well done

Thanks ^.^, I'm just happy you guys appreciate the detail, without complaining. When I first posted it on rsbots.net ages ago, a lot of impatient little kids would comment "Omg wall of text, blah blah blah".

I think I'm going to start making some SRL guides soon ^.^ - first idea is to make a guide on how to insert a function that will play a sound when talking is detected. I wanted it a while back, and sin had to help me - but there was never a guide for it..perhaps I'll start writing it later tonight :D. First I have to get Sin's permission to use his function in my guide :o .

edit:, do you think there would be appreciation for if I make a guide on how to get powerbot / idung working? I've noticed tons of people asking because it's an unfamiliar client, etc. etc. , or would that be looked down upon as advertising for them? I absolutely hate powerbot, so the guide would be mostly about how to download/use idung without putting yourself at risk, but iDung is just so totally worth it ^.^

Sin
07-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Luke <3

Benny
07-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks ^.^, I'm just happy you guys appreciate the detail, without complaining. When I first posted it on rsbots.net ages ago, a lot of impatient little kids would comment "Omg wall of text, blah blah blah".

I think I'm going to start making some SRL guides soon ^.^ - first idea is to make a guide on how to insert a function that will play a sound when talking is detected. I wanted it a while back, and sin had to help me - but there was never a guide for it..perhaps I'll start writing it later tonight :D. First I have to get Sin's permission to use his function in my guide :o .

edit:, do you think there would be appreciation for if I make a guide on how to get powerbot / idung working? I've noticed tons of people asking because it's an unfamiliar client, etc. etc. , or would that be looked down upon as advertising for them? I absolutely hate powerbot, so the guide would be mostly about how to download/use idung without putting yourself at risk, but iDung is just so totally worth it ^.^

yeah dude i'm totally down for you to release some guides :D
lemme know if you need any help :)

Luke L
07-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Luke <3

<3 Sin :)

And @Benny, I'll start writing soon ^.^!

John
07-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Siiick Guide :D

Luke L
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Siiick Guide :D

Thanks John :).

Jake
07-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Sapport!
OT: I met Luke on RSBots.net, I didnt really talk that much to Luke at first, but we eventually got oer the awkardness and silence and got along very well, not to mention our discussions and memories on RSBots.Net with the mods and othe users. Luke is an Amazing, friendly, relaxed guy. All of you who stop by this thread better thank Luke for this sick guide! :)

Luke L
07-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Sapport!
OT: I met Luke on RSBots.net, I didnt really talk that much to Luke at first, but we eventually got oer the awkardness and silence and got along very well, not to mention our discussions and memories on RSBots.Net with the mods and othe users. Luke is an Amazing, friendly, relaxed guy. All of you who stop by this thread better thank Luke for this sick guide! :)

Haha good times, thanks buddy :)!

P1ng
07-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Great guide mate +rep. Hope to see more like this from you ;)

Luke L
07-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Great guide mate +rep. Hope to see more like this from you ;)

Thanks, glad you liked it! And don't worry I intend to keep making them! Shortly after posting this one, I wrote a fresh guide you can visit in my sig =). I'll keep on chuggin :D!

HeroOfSinnoh
07-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Extremely well written. Kudos to you mate.

Luke L
07-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Extremely well written. Kudos to you mate.

Thanks I appreciate it!

madmardo
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
best damn gmaul guide i ever seen, im in process of making one man, got 71 quest points all the quests done, stats are currently 50 atk 42 str 1 def 72 range 72 mage 52 hp and 12 pray, i fucekd up and got 13 summon, forgetting it lvled a combat lvl.. which now im lvl 51, but in wild its different. does this mean my maulers ruined? if so man i wasted alot of time on it,,, got addty gloves dt mm... etc help please!!!

Luke L
10-25-2012, 09:52 PM
best damn gmaul guide i ever seen, im in process of making one man, got 71 quest points all the quests done, stats are currently 50 atk 42 str 1 def 72 range 72 mage 52 hp and 12 pray, i fucekd up and got 13 summon, forgetting it lvled a combat lvl.. which now im lvl 51, but in wild its different. does this mean my maulers ruined? if so man i wasted alot of time on it,,, got addty gloves dt mm... etc help please!!!

No your fine! I had 99 summ on my mauler, it doesn't currently effect your combat level in the wilderness so you have nothing to worry about! Keep on chugging :)

madmardo
10-25-2012, 11:46 PM
thanks so much!!!!, lol u go all out on urs eh? im currently 29 slayer going for that leaf blade! thanks again!

Kindle
03-05-2013, 04:08 AM
Im using this guide for my 07 mauler, and it has really helped out! Working on skilling stat requirements first :)

Specraspeed
03-15-2013, 04:49 AM
Luke's guides are the best!

Hazzah
03-16-2013, 07:00 AM
I remember reading this guide when it was first posted, and now that 07 came out I kind of want to make a pure.

P1nky
03-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Awesome guide man, just awesome... Been playing the game since 05-06 and I actually learned new ways to gain stats.

Thanks lots!

ty6567
04-14-2013, 06:18 PM
in the clip for "simple/original rush" thats me getting rushed -.- lol

t4q
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
in the clip for "simple/original rush" thats me getting rushed -.- lol
lmfao!