PDA

View Full Version : Finding Monsters on another game accurately.

Shyte
07-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Hey guys, I have been playing another game and have been writing a script for it and so far I have everything else beautifully except finding the monsters.

This game is not runescape so there is no uptext to check and it's a bit of a challenge. I have tried ACA and different arrays and none work.

The monsters have colors that are very similar to the surrounding and they are always moving and changing. If you guys can point me in a good direction that would be very helpful! Thanks!

I have tried finding the coordinates of the monster using color and storing it in an array and checking the arraylength with the environment, but the arraylengths are too similar.

Chris
07-19-2012, 05:20 PM
It would be nice to have some in-game pictures and the name of the game so we can try it out ourselfs, without one of those I can only recommend: DTMs or bitmaps..

shstiger2009
07-19-2012, 05:21 PM
You could make your own Uptext! I actually want to learn how to do this...could be very useful.

Frement
07-19-2012, 05:24 PM
You could make your own Uptext! I actually want to learn how to do this...could be very useful.

He just said there is no uptext in the game :(

shstiger2009
07-19-2012, 05:27 PM
He just said there is no uptext in the game :(

Oh, I was thinking he meant he couldn't use the function to find up text because he didn't have the right fonts.

What kind of game doesn't have text and names of monsters? Lol

Shyte
07-19-2012, 05:35 PM
i can make my own uptext with the health bar of the monster, but the coloring of the monster is too similar to the surroundings. It will click on the surroundings more often than the monster itself. I don't want it to do that and make it more detectable.

Also, I'm actually wondering so I can implant it to different games, but the game im trying to do it for is perfect world, sro and games like that.

also, thanks for replying!

shstiger2009
07-19-2012, 05:47 PM
i can make my own uptext with the health bar of the monster, but the coloring of the monster is too similar to the surroundings. It will click on the surroundings more often than the monster itself. I don't want it to do that and make it more detectable.

Also, I'm actually wondering so I can implant it to different games, but the game im trying to do it for is perfect world, sro and games like that.

Right, but if you use uptext like this-

if (FindMonster) then
MMouse (x, y, 3, 3);
if WaitUptextMulti(['name of monster', 'etc', 'etc'], 600) then
ClickMouse2(True);

If you use up text like that, it'll only click it if it matches what you put in the Array.

Shyte
07-19-2012, 05:50 PM
you're right my bad, im not sure if the game checks hovering, and im not sure how to end the loop when all the monsters are dead.

Runaway
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM
You could try using the cluster functions in my signature, they seem to work well for this kind of thing.

Shyte
07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
You could try using the cluster functions in my signature, they seem to work well for this kind of thing.

Oh, I have tried something similar to this by first searching for the monster color and storing all the coordinates into array(TPA) and then searching for the monster color again this time using the first TPA as the new dimensions and checking the arraylengths, but the thing is the surroundings also have the color and it thinks the surroundings are the monsters too.

This was the code i tested:

if(FindColorsspiralTolerance(x,y,TPA,1986182,21,38 ,1033,612,14)=true)then
begin
repeat
FindColorsSpiralTolerance(x,y,TPA2,1986182,TPA[i].x-15,TPA[i].y-15,TPA[i].x+15,TPA[i].y+15,14);
if(GetArrayLength(TPA2) < 15) and (GetArrayLength(TPA2) > 2)then

footballjds
07-19-2012, 06:07 PM

what game is this? Try using TPA's there's tuts about them

Runaway
07-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Oh, I have tried something similar to this by first searching for the monster color and storing all the coordinates into array(TPA) and then searching for the monster color again this time using the first TPA as the new dimensions and checking the arraylengths, but the thing is the surroundings also have the color and it thinks the surroundings are the monsters too.

This was the code i tested:

if(FindColorsspiralTolerance(x,y,TPA,1986182,21,38 ,1033,612,14)=true)then
begin
repeat
FindColorsSpiralTolerance(x,y,TPA2,1986182,TPA[i].x-15,TPA[i].y-15,TPA[i].x+15,TPA[i].y+15,14);
if(GetArrayLength(TPA2) < 15) and (GetArrayLength(TPA2) > 2)then

I think it's safe to say that 'clusters' are much different than what you've attempted :P

PS: You are using i, but within a repeat..until. You should try using a for..to..do loop instead :)

Shyte
07-19-2012, 06:34 PM
I think it's safe to say that 'clusters' are much different than what you've attempted :P

PS: You are using i, but within a repeat..until. You should try using a for..to..do loop instead :)

Thank you, I will try it. I appreciate your help.