PDA

View Full Version : watch out! jagex is banning all ur accounts.

marvv
04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi,

i just got banned on 1 macro account. after that the account where i got my axes from to my macro's (lvl30-85) got banned. The macroed accounts i logged into later got banned directly.

Offence Type: Permanent Ban Offence Date: 17-Apr-2007
Evidence for this offence:
This account has been banned as it has received items gained from macroing on
another account.

Transferring items between accounts you own is in itself breaking Rule 8, reg
ardless of how they were obtained.

We have confirmed beyond doubt that this occurred, via our detailed records o
f in-game activity.

You have been deemed to have been in complete control at the time of the inci
dent.

just posting this to tell u to watch out, if 1 of ur bots get banned, should take a break from logging in

WT-Fakawi
04-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Did you delete the UID regularly?

SKy Scripter
04-17-2007, 05:24 PM
how can i protect this from happening to me>? :confused:

marvv
04-17-2007, 05:24 PM
uid? nop.. i dont even know what that is? please tell me fast how i can delete:)(

IEatJ00erBaybees
04-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Yes. I don't understand this either. How can I trade, and make it less suspicious? What were you trading when you did this? Did you put like a sapphire in the other trade box or a bucket and some wheat or something?

If you trade on unsigned, will it track it?

marvv
04-17-2007, 05:29 PM
i always have 1 account signed, and the other account unsigned in the same world to transfer items.

i traded addy axes to the accounts, i never do uneven trades, always gave a few logs for an axe.

WT-Fakawi
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
uid? nop.. i dont even know what that is? please tell me fast how i can delete:)(

kk, once again :)

The UID = the User Identifier. It is located in windows/.Jagex_cache_32/UID.dat.
It enables Jagex to associate your Players with your computer. If you dont delete the UID.dat regularly, ALL your Players are associated with the SAME computer. Easy enough to ban all your accounts like that.

Once you delete the UID.dat, the next time you log in signed, you will recieve a new UID.dat on your HD.
If you log in unsigned, no files will be written to your HD, effectively you recieve a session UID, that is gone once you quit the client.

I always trade with one signed client, and one unsigned client, and I always delete the UID from HD afterwards.

There is plenty of further info @ this board concerning UID's.

hope this helps. Too bad they caught you....

lordsaturn
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey Fakwaki...I have a question.

I just deleted the whole Jagex Cache altogether, and it still hasn't come back!

Does that mean i never have to delete the UID again?

Meanage
04-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Look in .file_store_32

Lalaji
04-18-2007, 12:14 AM
So delete the whole "file_store_32" folder?

or all the folders in it?

Smartzkid
04-18-2007, 12:15 AM
You really don't have to do either...just delete uid.dat which is stored in the file_store_32 folder

YoHoJo
04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
The UID is remade each time you load a signed runescpae app.
I normally delete UID when i switch from playing on my main to my autoer.
An often when i switch from autoer to autoer, so they can associate ALL of my autoing accounts.

lordsaturn
04-18-2007, 01:40 AM
You really don't have to do either...just delete uid.dat which is stored in the file_store_32 folder

Yea...there is no file store 32 either.

I'm using vista, would this make a difference?

PwNZoRNooB
04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
BUT If u have an UID file and play unsigned does Jagex even read it? :cool:

lefamaster
04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
The UID has been sort of a mystery to me. I never mess with it. I only trade between two PC's with signed clients. I never delete the UID, I just always make sure between autoing sesions to go back out to the main page and sign into another world. Maybe that changes it, I don't know. Never had a problem with bans due to trades.

Hugolord
04-18-2007, 06:48 PM
/////////////////////Noob Question//////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////// Do Not read further if you hate stupid noobs/////////////////

Well is it maybe possible to make it so that the UID cannot be written on your computer or everytime it is it deletes it automatically?

/////////////////// TY///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

haz3
04-18-2007, 07:44 PM
kk, once again :)

The UID = the User Identifier. It is located in windows/.Jagex_cache_32/UID.dat.
It enables Jagex to associate your Players with your computer. If you dont delete the UID.dat regularly, ALL your Players are associated with the SAME computer. Easy enough to ban all your accounts like that.

Once you delete the UID.dat, the next time you log in signed, you will recieve a new UID.dat on your HD.
If you log in unsigned, no files will be written to your HD, effectively you recieve a session UID, that is gone once you quit the client.

I always trade with one signed client, and one unsigned client, and I always delete the UID from HD afterwards.

There is plenty of further info @ this board concerning UID's.

hope this helps. Too bad they caught you....

thanks, really didn't know about this but thanks again.

Smartzkid
04-18-2007, 07:50 PM
/////////////////////Noob Question//////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////// Do Not read further if you hate stupid noobs/////////////////

Well is it maybe possible to make it so that the UID cannot be written on your computer or everytime it is it deletes it automatically?

/////////////////// TY///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I just opened the uids in notepad and set them as read only, seems to be working

Jack
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM

the first time you run the runescape client it will ask you whethere or not it is allowed to store files. you cannot play on a signed applet without it storing the uid.dat

Markus
04-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Strange, I made the UID.dat readonly too, and it seems to be working...

botmaster
04-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Readonly has the same effect though (gets u banned), because jagex just needs to store it ONCE. The rest it just reads it and compares it to it's UID database somewhere on a server.

So readonly = false security

Jack
04-20-2007, 04:03 AM
why would you set it readonly in the first place? deleting it takes less than a minute

Andrewj91
05-11-2007, 01:05 AM
I dont have a UID...

Lalaji
05-11-2007, 01:20 AM
People who set the UID files to read only, please post a report of any unusual stuff.

IDK if i should do that or dont mess wit it.

Vicious
05-15-2007, 04:16 AM
I started deleting the UIDs today, before that I didn't really pay attention to them because I have two computers and traded myself through them. Now, considering Jagax says trading your brother/sister is fine should I be pretty safe?

tarajunky
05-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Setting to Read Only doesn't help much if you have a unique UID stored there. When people say they are setting it to read only, I hope you are first deleting the real UID.dat, and then making a fresh, new empty UID.dat file to set as Read Only.

This may actually work. But I never do it. I just delete the UID each time I log onto a signed client (which isn't very often).

Also, there was another thread that said the UID.dat can appear in multiple folders, like .file_store_32 or .jagex_cache_32.

ShowerThoughts
05-15-2007, 09:13 AM
hello guys if i trade from my other computer to my computer and just give somthing back i am safe?

geerhedd
05-21-2007, 02:22 AM
:) First off DON'T make one sided trades! Thats probably where they got you
secondly, with a brand new uid.dat(before you log into any of your players.
just change the propertys to read only, then jagex can't write to it, and you dont have to delete it anymore.

EDIT: btw i have one comp dedicated to my 'army' i have been using the same UID.DAT for several months, also they are stored in two diff places, (not very often)but if you copy your new 'fixed' file to both places, and double check propertys you should be safe, as i macro on my main i did this with both comps.i have had no ill effects.

SKy Scripter
05-21-2007, 04:48 AM
watch out guyz...

i auto on my newbie he getz banned...
i keep deleating my UID and then 2 days latter
my main get banned lol

Newbie :
Combat Lvl : 28;
Mining lvl : 80;
Smtihing Lvl : 51;

Main :
Combat Lvl : 83;
str : 78;
att : 70;
Wc/cook : 65;
Smith : 52;
fletch : 68;
and some others cant think of...

but this could happen to you... :p good thing i dont really care though...
they are really cracking down!!!
i dont even auto on my main ether... and he had 0 black marks before he got banned....

evilwalrus
05-25-2007, 01:24 AM
i know how you feel, i used a lvl 34 account, non default clothes, to macro woodcutt on. suprisingly i managed pretyy good. my woodcutting was at 79. i had cut a whole lot of yews. it got banned though. to my suprise macroing for me was only 7.0/10 blackmarks so it was not a permanite ban. =)

odracir123
05-25-2007, 11:04 AM
cd C:\WINDOWS\
del .file_store_32\uid.dat
del .jagex_cache_32\uid.dat
del .jagex_cache_34\uid.dat
pause

If you stick that in a notepad file and save as .bat, it will delete the uid.dat files. Just wrote and tested it and its fine. You just dbl click the bat file when you want the uid's deleted.

subz3r0
05-26-2007, 12:11 AM
you know you could just let your character get owned by an npc and let your main get it

evilwalrus
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
haha

The devil
05-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Where do i have to put windows/.Jagex_cache_32/UID.dat. in?

evilwalrus
05-28-2007, 12:32 PM
i think your just unlucky

RudeBoiAlex
06-03-2007, 10:48 AM
lol i drop trade in a quiet place still no ban :) u can try a VM or trade like 4987 rune ess for 3 buckets 10 laws or something