PDA

View Full Version : 100m, interested?

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 12:26 AM
I plan on having a scripting competition.

I would first like to gauge the interest level, and who would actually compete if I were to go through the hassle of creating all of this and putting 100m on the line etc.

If you would script, vote "Yes, and I will compete"
If you will not script but still want this competition to take place, vote "Yes, but I will not compete"
If you don't want this to happen vote "No"
If you want something else vote "Other" and POST WHAT YOU WANT.

The way I imagine this working is
I create two categories one Below SRL members, and one SRL members+
The below srl members will have to create a script the script will be easier to create etc. etc. Expect walking, perhaps combat, perhaps skilling, maybe banking (Probably will be a choice)

While srl members would create a far more advanced script.
Expect a lot of walking, banking, complex situations.

Both winners will get 50m each, while the SRL member+ gets the SRL scripting cup.

Mind you a NON-srl member (such as a regular member) can recieve the SRL scripting cup provided they entered the srl members+ scripting portion of the competition and won.

The same person cannot compete in both, (SRL members cannot play in the lower level round)

So would YOU, be interested?

Oxygen
09-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Yes and I will compete in the lower section.

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Vote in the poll please :)

x[Warrior]x3500
09-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Yes, and I will compete!

50m is definitely enough to make me wanna compete. if i have the time, i will be more than happy to create both the member+ and non-member scripts. should be fun :) my only request is that in almost every competition in the past, its taken FOREVER for anyone to judge the final scripts; so i would request that if you wish us to take the time to make the scripts, please make sure you are prepared to spend the time to evaluate all the scripts in a timely manner.

Divus
09-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Sounds pretty fun! Unfortunately i prolly wont be submitting any scripts.. But it will be cool to see the amazing scripts that will come out of this! :D

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 12:33 AM
x3500;1093473']Yes, and I will compete!

50m is definitely enough to make me wanna compete. if i have the time, i will be more than happy to create both the member+ and non-member scripts. should be fun :) my only request is that in almost every competition in the past, its taken FOREVER for anyone to judge the final scripts; so i would request that if you wish us to take the time to make the scripts, please make sure you are prepared to spend the time to evaluate all the scripts in a timely manner.

Yes! I believe in punctuality, if I give you a time I will try my utmost to get it done by that time.

I am thinking of doing something along the lines of: Stopping submissions then judging for a week.

Le Jingle
09-01-2012, 12:34 AM
YES, and I WILL COMPETE. :)

Also, what's the language requirements? I.E. pascal script only stuff, lape stuff, GLHOOK stuff and/or lape stuff. Jw, perhaps it wouldn't matter? :staycool:

riwu
09-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Definitely interested! So this is an official comp where you will receive the competition cup if you win?

The same person cannot compete in both, (SRL members cannot play in the lower level round)
How about the other way round? Can non srl member participate in both categories? (perhaps with 2 diff scripts?)
Also roughly when will this competition be held? Need to plan my time in advance ;)

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Definitely interested! So this is an official comp where you will receive the competition cup if you win?

How about the other way round? Can non srl member participate in both categories? (perhaps with 2 diff scripts?)
Also roughly when will this competition be held? Need to plan my time in advance ;)

I am going to say pick one or the other just to keep it fair for SRL members who are forced to pick the harder cup even though some haven't really kept up with scripting :p.

Only the SRL members competition can win the SRL cup (you can compete in it, anyone can)

Also ANYTHING goes provided it will run on SIMBA + it is for RS (I will give the criteria later after I see there is enough interest)

Looking for a minimum of 5 competitors for both challenges. (10 total, at min)

NKN
09-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Seems interesting. If I'm not busy/still have RS Members, I might script for it.

Daniel
09-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Also ANYTHING goes provided it will run on SIMBA + it is for RS
But do note, if you use OpenGL hooking/other methods other than traditional colour finding, then that will reduce the complexity of the script that you will write ;)

Chen Monopoly
09-01-2012, 01:07 AM
I'd compete :D.

CephaXz
09-01-2012, 01:10 AM
This would be interesting! I will compete if I'm not too busy irl.

Silentcore
09-01-2012, 01:11 AM
I wish I could take part in the competition but i still haven't updated my simba to work. Which means that I am not able to play any script. I've asked many to help me out with teamviewer but Boone has helped. I've read everything and still don't work. Which means I am not even going to try.

riwu
09-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I am going to say pick one or the other just to keep it fair for SRL members who are forced to pick the harder cup even though some haven't really kept up with scripting :p.

Only the SRL members competition can win the SRL cup (you can compete in it, anyone can)

Also ANYTHING goes provided it will run on SIMBA + it is for RS (I will give the criteria later after I see there is enough interest)

Looking for a minimum of 5 competitors for both challenges. (10 total, at min)
Oh, in that case i'll participate in the members' category provided no SSRL+ joins :D

But do note, if you use OpenGL hooking/other methods other than traditional colour finding, then that will reduce the complexity of the script that you will write ;)
Should just ban OpenGL for this competition to keep things simple (sounds a bit irony) then. I doubt anyone will use OpenGL though, unless ggzz joins.

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 01:54 AM
I wish I could take part in the competition but i still haven't updated my simba to work. Which means that I am not able to play any script. I've asked many to help me out with teamviewer but Boone has helped. I've read everything and still don't work. Which means I am not even going to try.

Delete everything, and re-install simba + smart
If you cannot get it to work tell me (I want to see proof you re-downloaded everything pictures with dates would be nice)

Silentcore
09-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Delete everything, and re-install simba + smart
If you cannot get it to work tell me (I want to see proof you re-downloaded everything pictures with dates would be nice)

I will try this later on when I get home from work/school.
Provide me with exact links if you can.

KeepBotting
09-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Yes, I might compete. R4, you know of my upcoming script--just not sure if it will be finished (or even near-finished) by the deadline.

Subbed to thread btw.

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 02:07 AM
I will try this later on when I get home from work/school.
Provide me with exact links if you can.

I am sorry but am not going to do that, you know where to look you have been here for a long time.

Find the "official" simba download
Also
The smart 8.0

Oxygen
09-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Maybe make a list of those competing?

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Maybe make a list of those competing?

Not official yet, I am gauging the competition first.
There needs to be a minimum of 5 in each area first before I will make this official.

Ashaman88
09-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Seems interesting. If I'm not busy/still have RS Members, I might script for it.

+1 here

P1ng
09-01-2012, 03:31 AM
If I have the time I will definitely participate, looks good :)

Chris
09-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Yes, and I will compete.
But only if I have the time :p

litoris
09-01-2012, 07:16 AM
I think it isn't fair that non-members get the same reward. Make it a 75-25 or 60-40 split? This could keep people from applying just to get money, you know.
And yeah, I would want to compete in that. I think the best method would be if you asked for two scripts per section, one p2p and one f2p method. Non-member challenged would be easier, and both the p2p and f2p challenges would have the same difficulty. It would still make it hard, because people can expand upon the idea(ie you ask for a cow killer and looter, scripter adds a hide-tanning option, topping everyone else with similar complexity)

Grihmm
09-01-2012, 08:44 AM
If a script is submitted, is it submitted to you to judge or can everyone see it? (and use it -.-)

The Killer
09-01-2012, 10:07 AM

what if it was a dung script ;)

BigFate
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I would like to compete sounds like fun! One suggestion though: I think we should get a choice of scripts to make with equal difficulty so that even if you don't win your script can still be used. If you have a load of scripts that do the same thing I think the time spent by the other competitors beside the winner would be a little wasted.
We should have more competitions like this even without prize money, it is a great way to advance your scripting skills and go the extra mile trying things you wouldn't normally do. Great idea R4nd0m

spianist
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Love the idea!
I plan on using the special skills (learned from the epic book of pascal) to beat the bejeezus out of you people!!! Good to have a competitive scripting thingy which in the end will have more of us interested in stop being a leech.

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I think it isn't fair that non-members get the same reward. Make it a 75-25 or 60-40 split? This could keep people from applying just to get money, you know.
And yeah, I would want to compete in that. I think the best method would be if you asked for two scripts per section, one p2p and one f2p method. Non-member challenged would be easier, and both the p2p and f2p challenges would have the same difficulty. It would still make it hard, because people can expand upon the idea(ie you ask for a cow killer and looter, scripter adds a hide-tanning option, topping everyone else with similar complexity)

Not exactly sure what you are asking sorry it was a long night.
I am keeping the money equal for both challenges, non-srl members haven't been around the material as long as we have so in general we just have an upper hand, and to combat that I created two sections with equal rewards; well SRL members+ is actually a better award you get a badge that is normally very very rare to receive!

I am thinking of making both scripts F2P just because of fairness again (I want people without "mains" to be able to compete as well) the scripts can still be quite a challenge even if they are mainly f2p and will hint at applying your own spin to things (creativity always gets points in my book!)

litoris
09-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I am keeping the money equal for both challenges, non-srl members haven't been around the material as long as we have so in general we just have an upper hand, and to combat that I created two sections with equal rewards; well SRL members+ is actually a better award you get a badge that is normally very very rare to receive!

I am thinking of making both scripts F2P just because of fairness again (I want people without "mains" to be able to compete as well) the scripts can still be quite a challenge even if they are mainly f2p and will hint at applying your own spin to things (creativity always gets points in my book!)
So, you give us one definite task to bot in f2p("make a FOG bot") or are you going to give general directions("make a script for a minigame")?

KeepBotting
09-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes, I might compete. R4, you know of my upcoming script--just not sure if it will be finished (or even near-finished) by the deadline.

Subbed to thread btw.Anyone wanna read my post? =.=

[XoL]
09-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Anyone wanna read my post? =.=

I read it, but you won't be able to use it to complete the task (yes it will be a definite task)

Only because then I can actually gauge the difference between people, via the same script.. it makes it a lot simpler >.<

KeepBotting
09-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I read it, but you won't be able to use it to complete the task (yes it will be a definite task)

Only because then I can actually gauge the difference between people, via the same script.. it makes it a lot simpler >.<So we're all going to be making a script that does the same thing?
Will this thing be f2p?

litoris
09-01-2012, 07:17 PM
So we're all going to be making a script that does the same thing?
Will this thing be f2p?

He said it a few posts above.

J J
09-02-2012, 10:35 AM
YES, and I WILL COMPETE.

Woud also compete without a 100M prize though.

riwu
09-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Actually you don't have to limit it to f2p. Can be a p2p script with very low/no req so those w/o memb acct can just create 1 which will have 2 weeks trial.

Also i think it's better not to involve fighting scripts since EOC will break them and hence the scripts won't have any use outside of this competition. (Or worse, EOC comes out before the competition ends and no 1 can even test the scripts).

When are you planning to start this competition? It's evident that there will be sufficient participants now.
Also who will be the panel of judges?

[XoL]
09-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Actually you don't have to limit it to f2p. Can be a p2p script with very low/no req so those w/o memb acct can just create 1 which will have 2 weeks trial.

Also i think it's better not to involve fighting scripts since EOC will break them and hence the scripts won't have any use outside of this competition. (Or worse, EOC comes out before the competition ends and no 1 can even test the scripts).

When are you planning to start this competition? It's evident that there will be sufficient participants now.
Also who will be the panel of judges?

Working on the finer details now, will get back to thread once that I'd complete.

Rezozo
09-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Lol, I would love to see this happen. Tell me if I can help/contribute in any way k?