PDA

View Full Version : A thought on botting!

stuartroad
09-12-2012, 07:19 AM
So, after hearing about what was said in livestreams (they are watching botters now to try and beat them), and the fact no one has really been banned lately, I think it is safe to assume, you can bot 24/7 without any risk of being banned. Plus then, when this new bot detecting stuff comes out, we have 3 warnings anyway. So is this more reason for us to bot till we drop?

I personally, have been botting an alt pretty much 24/7 for about 1 month now, sort of gold farming, but only one toon, and all the gold goes to skills on my main account, I dont need more than one account because I can't train as quickly as i can make the gold!

So, In my opinion. Bot all you want, you won't get caught!

US Marine
09-12-2012, 07:36 AM
I have been botting my main for about 2 years now.. almost 24/7. No perm bans, only one roll and that was when I was getting 99 runecrafting.

Im not scared of Jagex, they wont catch me ever again. ;)

And if they do, hell, will help me quit this dang game. Been playing it since 2002...... ugh.

Benny
09-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Hmm, although in the last few weeks perm bans have been given.. Interesting concept

LemonHaze
09-12-2012, 09:13 AM
^this+ lots of rollbacks (posted in high level forum)

stuartroad
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
oh right, i dont read runescape forums :|

Benny
09-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Well it's in the high level forums, so unless you're maxed then you wouldn't know

print
09-12-2012, 12:47 PM
iv been botting 14+ hours everyday no ban

Benny
09-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah I've been doing 18 hours ish on my account

Karpov
09-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I've been running 4 members bots 24/7 for the last 3 months and not had any problems. I'm about 5 weeks away from my ultimate goal of being able to afford a blue phat so I'll be a bit miffed if I get caught before then :)

I don't know when, or if, the 'claws of doom' will start appearing but I'm bracing myself for the first wave of bans. Do you think the new anti-bot software will be global or limited to certain locations?

Flight
09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Being someone who respects the legitimate players of the game, forgive me if I don't agree with "bot till you drop".

Footy
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I bot for stats, not GP. Any GP I farm goes towards stats. I don't believe in mass gold farming and making a living off of that.

Silentcore
09-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I think we are safe until they add the botany bay update to runescape. From there, Might not be a good idea to bot.

Ian
09-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Unless they add any more bot detection along with the bay then you've got nothing to worry about. The bay itself is just a display case after you get permanent banned. Seems like little more than a scare tactic/public shaming to appease angry legitters who are hounding jagex for blood.

US Marine
09-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I bot for stats, not GP. Any GP I farm goes towards stats. I don't believe in mass gold farming and making a living off of that.

You and me are on the same wave when it comes to this. I have the rare I want from back in the day, everything else has been earned in a way, made alot of money from 99 runecrafting back in the day but I believe I have spent well over that amount in buying skills.

krasniy
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM
....also I think most of us on villavu are not jerkoffs either... I know when I am at a limited node area of some kind (killing limited mobs or mining or whatever) and I see an obviously legit player that I take some time and say HI and move to another world to let them have the area.... its the bot owners that crowd out the legit players that are the ones Id like to burn. Of course some places EVERY world is occupied.....but if I have a choice (and all worlds seems occupied!) between setting up on a world with a legit player trying to level or whatever and another world where there is an obvious bot, the BOT is the one I setup near....
Also I understand that AFTER we setup our bot, we do not always catch it when a Legit player shows up afterwards.... as real life stuff does pull us botters away from our screens....but that is a different scenerio of course.

There is definitely a right way and a wrong way to bot... coexist and blend in....not being a jerkoff and ruining legit players limited time...

Just my 1/2 pennies worth of thought lol

US Marine
09-13-2012, 12:01 PM
....also I think most of us on villavu are not jerkoffs either... I know when I am at a limited node area of some kind (killing limited mobs or mining or whatever) and I see an obviously legit player that I take some time and say HI and move to another world to let them have the area.... its the bot owners that crowd out the legit players that are the ones Id like to burn. Of course some places EVERY world is occupied.....but if I have a choice (and all worlds seems occupied!) between setting up on a world with a legit player trying to level or whatever and another world where there is an obvious bot, the BOT is the one I setup near....
Also I understand that AFTER we setup our bot, we do not always catch it when a Legit player shows up afterwards.... as real life stuff does pull us botters away from our screens....but that is a different scenerio of course.

There is definitely a right way and a wrong way to bot... coexist and blend in....not being a jerkoff and ruining legit players limited time...

Just my 1/2 pennies worth of thought lol

Yup, I know how you feel. Before I became a dirty botter and legit'd I would hate to get interrupted by a stupid bot. :P So I just show them the respect and I always switch.

sickle
09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
^this+ lots of rollbacks (posted in high level forum)

Could we have a little more information about this? (for the majority of us who are yet to max?)

print
09-13-2012, 08:00 PM
botters gonna bot=)

exilednoob
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Being someone who respects the legitimate players of the game, forgive me if I don't agree with "bot till you drop".

agreed

sickle
09-15-2012, 06:23 PM
What's the information on the high-level forum?

litoris
09-15-2012, 07:01 PM
What's the information on the high-level forum?

That they banned lots of bots that made it to the first few pages of the high scores, like the godlfarmers with 200m hunter xp. They also asked the players to report players that they were suspicious of.

sickle
09-16-2012, 04:43 PM
That they banned lots of bots that made it to the first few pages of the high scores, like the godlfarmers with 200m hunter xp. They also asked the players to report players that they were suspicious of.

Thanks!

satkan
09-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Well this week i rose 7000 spots (From rank 77000 to 70000) in fletching.

That without any xp gain. (So, i assume either 7000 people quit, or got banned.)

US Marine
09-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Well this week i rose 7000 spots (From rank 77000 to 70000) in fletching.

That without any xp gain. (So, i assume either 7000 people quit, or got banned.)

Probably got banned if you gained no exp. lol

newb cheater
09-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Probably got banned if you gained no exp. lol

Mass ban is going on, I hope that is targeted at powerbot. And if those botted dung accouts get removed. I would be rather happy. Never botted dung a day in my life and kinda sad i didn't last time :S

ssshhhaaa
09-22-2012, 10:19 AM
I guess a fair amount of people banned are just auto talkers