PDA

View Full Version : Small projects to fill my time

Richard
09-26-2012, 02:56 AM
So here's the deal, I'm unemployed at the moment, and having a really hard time getting a job. I'm going out of my mind in boredom here, I've even resorted to actually PLAYING Runescape. I need something to do in the interim, and Java is a programming language that I love, but I simply don't know what to do at the moment with it. So I'm just asking if you guys can think of some small scale projects that I could get done, and show people if they care. It would help me expand any knowledge, and I could add it to any portfolio once I'm done with my degree and am looking for a more serious career.

cause
09-26-2012, 03:13 AM
App development for phones?
EDIT: And actually playing runescape...you must be bored!!

Richard
09-26-2012, 03:17 AM
App development for phones?
EDIT: And actually playing runescape...you must be bored!!

Why had I never thought of that?! I even have a reasonably powerful android to test this on. Any ideas on what sort of apps?
And yeah, I'm literally going crazy stuck in this house all day. I wish we had good weather here, so I could leave :p

Ian
09-26-2012, 03:17 AM
I know this isn't java but I have fun un soldering broken electronics and making stuff like rc cars out of them. Just a thought :)

Rezozo
09-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Don't know about ^^^, but the apps work out very nicely, also revenue wise.
Though Im not good at it, if you know java to a certain extent, you should make a game! Something relying less on graphics, but more on the fun aspects. Like that Swining hang man on Andkon.com

Something like that. Or you could make a utility app, Like an un rar/zip file browser etc