PDA

View Full Version : General Store & Reselling

Synthroids
04-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey guys, long time no post.

I was just wondering, I want to make a script that basically visits the general store and grabs 27 of a certain good (1 space needed for gold) and then banks all the goods, then repeat. I feel that Varrock bank has the cloest general store to the bank and the walking is fairly simple.

I was wondering, how exactly do the general stores work? I have been studying them whever I visit them and feel I made some links, non of which being concerete. Do the general stores stock based on what is sold to that bank, across every world? Or, do they stock based on whats banked in any store in your current world? It's all confusing.

Also, what do you think is the best thing to resell? I mean, I saw yew logs sell for half in the general store of what they do to the end user. Plus, once in lumbridge, I saw over 30k yew logs for sale! I didn't realise at the time how much of a rare sight that was and didnt invest my millions when I wish I did. Do you have any reccomendations for good items that have a high resell value, and there is plenty of stock. I contemplated willow logs, they have a 200%+ profit margin per unit, although that only accounts to around 18gp profit a unit.

Stackable items of course are a plus!

Please, I need suggestions! :)

lakerzz8
04-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Uhh..general stores aren't that hard to figure out. They stock bowls, pots, and hammers and some other useless 1gp junk. Everything else you see in the store comes from users selling to it. Therefore it would be impossible to have a script keep buying something unless a person keeps selling to it.

inSane
04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
I think Oak's and Willow's would be great to resell, and there is those alot ;)

PwNZoRNooB
04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
yes, go buy logs from world 1 lumby general store :p

inSane
04-29-2007, 08:05 PM
yes, go buy logs from world 1 lumby general store :p

Yeah, harder walking but atleast you get the logs ;)

Meanage
04-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Feathers runes are better than that. I started a varrock log buyer a while ago and gave up pritty quick, willows would be good, theres usually oaks in varrock, maybe we could o a ting where we have a script that cuts the normals by the varrock store untill 15 then does the oak and sells it for fast wc lvls, someone else who wants money(or a VM) could buy the logs and bank them

me_ntal
04-30-2007, 09:02 AM
meanage try the world 107 last night while fixing a few false players i saw the shop holding 143k oaks in it and 45k willows.

3Garrett3
04-30-2007, 10:37 AM
ya there is normally alot of willows in the store. And guess who is making one of these scripts? *cough* And it will be ready for testing when *he* finishes the walking... Which would be an estimated few days. Just wait a bit guys :p

inSane
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Now you stole his idea :p

Synthroids
04-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah that kind of sucks. I'll make one anyway.

I knew posting this idea would get it "stolen", but hell, I needed ideas.

Thanks for everyones responses guys! Took a while to get some replies.