PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Dead Guide

Benny
10-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Thought I'd post this up for everyone:
You need to be a member.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswikiimages/en/2012/10/festival_of_the_dead-02095557.jpg
The Event

Firstly, speak to Father Joakim and tell him you'd like to help. You can find him within the Lumbridge graveyard or in the Taverley graveyard.

Choose a recently deceased person from the list that the priest will offer you.

Person/Item Needed/Location/Quest Required:
Zamorakian Cultists/Zamorak statuette/Lumbridge Catacombs/The Blood Pact

Void Knights/Void knight seal/In between the South docks of the Void Knights' Outpost/N/A but 20 Prayer and 40 Combat

Drunken dwarf/Beer and kebab/North-east of the Troll Stronghold/My Arm's Big Adventure + 40 Prayer

Fight pit warriors/Firecapezorz's cape/TzHaar Fight Pit entrance/The Elder Kiln + 60 Prayer

Duradel/Duradel's claws/Near the Slayer Master in Shilo Village/While Guthix Sleeps + 80 Prayer

Search the described area for an item that belonged to the person you chose, then return to the coffin. Before you can use the item on the coffin, you'll need to prepare it.

Take a bunch of Flowers of the dead from the crate next to Father Joakim and lay them on the coffin.

Next, get 3 pieces of Soft clay and mould the clay to create the Clay skulls. Place these on the coffin.

Finally, add the personal item you retrieved to complete the event.

Done!:spot:

Rewards: The first time you complete a celebration, you will receive an XP bonus. This will give you double Prayer XP until you have used up your quota. The quota is a maximum of 251,000 if you complete all of the celebrations. The quota received is as follows:

Celebration XP Quota
Zamorakian Cultists 1,000
Void Knights 5,000
Drunken Dwarf 20,000
Fight Pit warriors 50,000
Duradel 175,000
Tota l 251,000

You will receive double XP through the following activities:
Ectofunctus (on top of the multiplier for the original bone).
Killing a ghast.
POH altars (on top of the multiplier for the original bone)
Burying bones (takes precedence over mithril dragon reward double exp)
Scattering ashes (takes precedence over mithril dragon reward double exp)
When Bonecrusher destroys bones for you
Teleporting an ash filled urn away.
Cremating a vyrewatch
Cremating a shade
Also, the first time you complete a celebration, you will be given a skull mask.

TehNeonFishy
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
What are the rewards for doing it? I've missed out the past few holidays events. :(

Benny
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Put up rewards

TehNeonFishy
10-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Ah sweet. Thanks man.

Silentcore
10-04-2012, 04:22 PM
You forgot the skull mask that he gives you along with the bonus xp.

Benny
10-04-2012, 04:31 PM
You forgot the skull mask that he gives you along with the bonus xp.

Also, the first time you complete a celebration, you will be given a skull mask.

It was at the bottom of the wall of text.

Silentcore
10-04-2012, 04:35 PM
If the first time you complete it you get a mask, is there anything else you get if you complete it the 2nd time. I know you get pray bonus, but do you get an upgraded mask or something?

Benny
10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
No, think what it means bro is that the first mini task completed say you you do the zamorak one then you get the mask

Flight
10-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Thank you -Benny. :) I'll try an do this sometime today if I get the chance.