End Date: 5th of November

Requirements

Walking script
Two skills*
Banking
Multiplayer
Free to Play only

Things not allowed:

Pre Made scripts. The script must me New.
SPS
ObjectDTMs
No Dung Scripts.

Possible Prizes:

Competition Cup 5 Million RSGP

How do I Enter?

Make a post on this thread. Keep your script Secret or your Idea could be taken and used by a competitor. Remember Be creative.

Submitting your Script?

You prepare a message with some details to send to one of the member's of the Table.

Description of what your script does.

The Location your script works at.

What skills it uses.

What setup is needed to run the script.

Who to send Message to?

You can send your message to one of these members of the Table.

BraK
Daniel
Zyt3x
Euphemism

Entrants

Ollybest
Marc000z
Silentcore
zertunami
Bixby Sayz
kevin33
-Benny
___
mike-gee420
Rezozo
BMWxi
Vinyl Scratch

*The skills must compliment each other. It can't be like fishing and mining as those skills aren't compatible.

**The skills can't both be fighting skill ie Constitution and Strength.

NKN
10-05-2012, 01:01 AM
May the odds be ever in your favor!

Olly
10-05-2012, 01:03 AM
I will enter!

Marc000z
10-05-2012, 01:28 AM
I wanna enter! Haven't got much experience but it's worth a shot. ;p

Rezozo
10-05-2012, 01:30 AM
GL Guys! (I can't enter yet :P)

Silentcore
10-05-2012, 01:36 AM
I am in and wish all luck.
@Brak what exactly do you mean with not pre made. Do you mean like if there's a willow chopper, you can't make that anymore?

NKN
10-05-2012, 01:37 AM
I am in and wish all luck.
@Brak what exactly do you mean with not pre made. Do you mean like if there's a willow chopper, you can't make that anymore?

He means, no scripts that you already made.
You have to make the script starting today.

Rezozo
10-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Hey Brak, could you change the name of one of the threads, keep clicking the wrong one :P
Also, could you keep a link on the Info Thread, to this one?

~Joey

BraK
10-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Good Luck To all Entrants.

Ashaman88
10-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Best of luck!

Ian
10-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Ouch, no sps :(. Don't mark me down just yet, I have to learn radialwalk first.

BraK
10-05-2012, 03:32 AM
BMWxi That's one of the old school themes here ;) More back to the basics I guess.

Also this is also for learning. Everyone will get good feedback from this.

Home
10-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Good luck everyone, make us proud (Make yourself proud) :)

~Home

[XoL]
10-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Looks awesome looking forward to seeing the new competition cup winner :P

zertunami
10-05-2012, 04:49 AM
I'll try, although I don't have much time to script as it is lol

Benny
10-05-2012, 06:31 AM
ah shucks do I step up hmm..... hmm.... got a month.... hmm

Solar
10-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Good luck to all who enter. I would but can't, too busy this uni year. :(

riwu
10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Is the restriction 'exactly' or 'more than or equals to' 2 skills? Also must the 2 skills be trained almost evenly? Eg. a cooking script that makes your own fire, fm will only be trained once every full inv. (this idea is not feasible since walking wont be involved, just clarifying on the criterion of '2 skills') Or another example, a blue dragon killer script that use an agility shortcut (so theoretically it gains ~100 agi xp/hr +combat xp). And is combat consider a single skill? A combat script could potentially train multiple skills easily (melee/magic/ranged/prayer--bone bury/summoning--charm collection).

Is there a dateline for signing up? Or we can just enter anytime (like even after you completed the script)? Not sure if i've time for this.

Also will your entry be voided if you become member during the competition (before/after your script submission)?

Sorry for throwing so many questions at once :p

BraK
10-05-2012, 12:48 PM
two or More no no they can't be all fighting skills. I'll add that in.

The two skill need to be trained a decent amount but does have to be the same. One skill can be to support the other.

No the entry will not be voided by the user entering Member but only if the user became member during judging. If you become a member before the competition end date then no you won't be able to enter.

There is no deadline for joining the contest but you must submit a script before the Deadline regardless of when you declare yourself.

Bixby Sayz
10-05-2012, 01:04 PM
There is no deadline for joining the contest but you must submit a script before the Deadline regardless of when you declare yourself.That's good to hear. Wavering on whether to join.

The Killer
10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
no dung scripts? lol surprised you even suspect someone would...
will i be entering this? properly not as im busy with school but gl to all

zertunami
10-05-2012, 03:28 PM
two or More no no they can't be all fighting skills. I'll add that in.

The two skill need to be trained a decent amount but does have to be the same. One skill can be to support the other.

No the entry will not be voided by the user entering Member but only if the user became member during judging. If you become a member before the competition end date then no you won't be able to enter.

There is no deadline for joining the contest but you must submit a script before the Deadline regardless of when you declare yourself.

And now comes the hour it takes for me to think up an idea for this script....

The Killer
10-05-2012, 03:59 PM
And now comes the hour it takes for me to think up an idea for this script....

I already have an idea :D, but doubt ill have time

edit: didn't realise we had a month :D I'll most likely enter

Silentcore
10-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I already have an idea :D, but doubt ill have time

I got many ideas but I dont think I can make it walk. lol.
@Brak, what if the script is only ment to be in a certain area without banking.

Bixby Sayz
10-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Throw my name in the hat. If I don't have time I don't have time.

The Killer
10-05-2012, 05:30 PM

it says it has to have walking. I'v thought up of a pretty good idea, if only I had some decent scripting skills. I'll properly read some more tuts soon

BraK
10-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Requirements

Walking script
Two skills*
Banking
Multiplayer
Free to Play only

It must at least have the option to bank. Banking is a required feature.

The Killer
10-05-2012, 05:37 PM
It must at least have the option to bank. Banking is a required feature.

Didn't see banking -.- , I presume bank deposits are fine?

BraK
10-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Deposits are indeed fine. That is a form of banking.

The Killer
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
err feel like im over posting this thread -.-
but can i add options to that would only use one skill?

BraK
10-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Nope it is meant to be a combinations script for a reason. You can add a option for Power something and by power I mean dropping the primary version of the script must be a two skill usage with banking. I thought this was a pretty open Contest allowing the user to do a lot of creative stuff with conforming them to one idea too much. :/

Silentcore
10-05-2012, 09:55 PM
@Brak, why don't you change the requirements a bit to: Any kind of walking(Banking) and everything else kept the same..

zertunami
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Dat feeling when my script looks horrible so far :(

Rezozo
10-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Dat feeling when my script looks horrible so far :(

Itll get better, don't worry! You have a month, pace yourself like me :)

Hey Brak, when is the last day to sign up? Could I potentially sign up on the last day?

NKN
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Itll get better, don't worry! You have a month, pace yourself like me :)

Hey Brak, when is the last day to sign up? Could I potentially sign up on the last day?
Sure, but then you have to create a script in one day. Can't make a script until you sign up. ;)

zertunami
10-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Sure, but then you have to create a script in one day. Can't make a script until you sign up. ;)

A script made in a day would be amusing to judge

BraK
10-05-2012, 10:59 PM
@Brak, why don't you change the requirements a bit to: Any kind of walking(Banking) and everything else kept the same..

Hmm Allow Any Kind of walking. Ok I'll allow any kind of walking but the script that uses it Must incorporate All F2P skills at the same time.

Sin
10-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Can I join for the heck of it?

Rezozo
10-06-2012, 12:58 AM
^^^Why did you change your pic :(
@NKN, not necessarily going to start on the last day, just that if I start it knowing I might not finish on time, what are my choices. This way if I do finish, I could still join!

NKN
10-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Say you join now.
Be able to make script.

Don't join, unable to make script, if you do make it now, without signing up, the script is disqualified.

kevin33
10-06-2012, 03:43 AM
I would like to sign up please. Quesyion though: is it alright to drop out later if need be because my school could get very heavy on the workload quickly and then I will not be participating because I will be too busy? I hope it doesn't come to that but I wont know until it happens.

Does it have to be all our own or can we use other people's code giving credit of course? Also can we make a script, post it, get feedback, improve it and submit it or does it have to be private until the competition is over?

BraK
10-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Yes it's fine if you want to drop out later.

Benny
10-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Put me down but not completely guaranteeing i will complete

Ian
10-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Hmm Allow Any Kind of walking. Ok I'll allow any kind of walking but the script that uses it Must incorporate All F2P skills at the same time.

What do you mean by all at the same time? Might just be easier to learn Radialwalk :D

BraK
10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Indeed it would. I don't plan on letting you all compete in the contest without learning a good bit in the process.

The Killer
10-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Put me down but not completely guaranteeing i will complete

same for me.

BraK
10-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Just remember All the old walking can be frustrating but when you get it working right it totally worth it.

zertunami
10-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I've only ever got RadialWalk to work lol, and they said DTM walking was easier but I've run contrary to it

Silentcore
10-06-2012, 06:22 PM
What happens if everyone drops out but one person. And that one person submits a script 50% done. Does he win or lose?

The Killer
10-06-2012, 06:52 PM
What happens if everyone drops out but one person. And that one person submits a script 50% done. Does he win or lose?

Don't think so negatively!:P

zertunami
10-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I get to keep the money....right?

___
10-07-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm in and already have ideas for walking.

Deni_mulic
10-07-2012, 02:52 PM
SPS not allowed? There goes the only walking I ever learned, lol.

Bixby Sayz
10-07-2012, 03:00 PM
SPS not allowed? There goes the only walking I ever learned, lol.I believe one of the purposes of this competition was to force junior members to learn/relearn "old school" walking. Give it a go anyway!

zertunami
10-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I believe one of the purposes of this competition was to force junior members to learn/relearn "old school" walking. Give it a go anyway!

Mouse walking!

mike-gee420
10-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd like to enter :D!

Rezozo
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd like to enter :D!

I see you took my advice! GL bro!

Hey Brak, add me too, I wanna win!

Ian
10-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Taking NKN's advice, I would like to enter. Worst case is that I have leaned a new walking method and got in some practice scripting :D.

Add me please BraK :)

[XoL]
10-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Mouse walking!

Lol please no, haha
Good luck everyone, try radial it is rather awesome.

Ian
10-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Mouse walking!

Haha not that oldschool ;)

Bixby Sayz
10-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Does the code have to be 100% your own?

I ask this because the ability handle tabbed menus is not included (that I can find) in SRL 5. There is code out there to do it that sounds like will be included in SRL 6, which isn't going to released in time for this competition.

tl;dr
Can we use someone else's fix for tabbed menus (with full credit of course) without being penalized?

BraK
10-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Yes you can use other's code with proper crediting and script must be 75% your own code.

Vinyl Scratch
10-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I'll join.

Put me on that list, Mr. Admin!

BraK
10-09-2012, 01:07 AM
3 days in and 12 participants later...

Everyone is coding and learning trying to put there best work toward this competition. All Knowing that there can only be one participant that will win it all. The coveted Competition cup and the 5m prize money. Who will win? Who will quit? Who will have a nervous breakdown from the stress of trying to imagine something better than the other scripters? Only time will tell the answer to these questions.

Ian
10-09-2012, 01:12 AM
The tension is building... :)

Sin
10-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Lol good luck!

Rezozo
10-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Thank you S1N!
Love the Avatar! Best so far!

I have a question, what does it mean when it says:

What setup is needed to run the script.

BraK
10-09-2012, 03:16 AM
Specific's Like you'd tell a user how to setup there bank or character to use your script. How do the judge's make sure that they have it set up exactly how you need it. Because I can tell you I'll personally run each script to see if it works. If you fail to provide information on how to setup to run it should it then be the fault of the judge's for not knowing or the scripter for not giving up the information? It's basically to make sure that we can properly judge each script.

Bixby Sayz
10-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Who will win? Who will quit? Who will have a nervous breakdown from the stress of trying to imagine something better than the other scripters? Only time will tell the answer to these questions.Nah man. Having fun tackling a few things I always wanted to try scripting. Actually finishing the script will be a bonus.

Rezozo
10-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks Brak! Understood!

Wyn
10-10-2012, 01:57 AM
I'll just leave this here.... http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83408

(It's relevant.)

BraK
10-21-2012, 07:23 PM
TPAWalk()

^That's really relevant too :)

Remember, Remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I see no reason for the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

Also the Competition ends on that day. Only 2 weeks left to go. I'm pretty excited to see what our Juniors and below have come up with. We are bound to have some really creative Ideas come out of this.

NKN
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
TPAWalk()

^That's really relevant too :)

Remember, Remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I see no reason for the gunpowder treason to ever be forgot.

V <3

Ontopic: Good luck to everyone, I hope you got a good deal done. :)

Silentcore
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Lol, I misplaced my script in a USB and not I can't find it. Oh well.

Footy
10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Remember, Remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I see no reason for the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

Also the Competition ends on that day. Only 2 weeks left to go. I'm pretty excited to see what our Juniors and below have come up with. We are bound to have some really creative Ideas come out of this.

Good movie! Bonne chance mes amis!

Olly
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM

Don't expect creative from me :P

Bixby Sayz
10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Lol, I misplaced my script in a USB and not I can't find it. Oh well.I wouldn't give up. You'd be surprised how easy it is it recreate it the 2nd time around.

Back on topic, who knows I might even actually finish the script on time. But when it's finished it will be rock solid and something I'll use a lot, so I'm happy regardless of whether I meet the deadline.

Ian
10-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't give up. You'd be surprised how easy it is it recreate it the 2nd time around.

Back on topic, who knows I might even actually finish the script on time. But when it's finished it will be rock solid and something I'll use a lot, so I'm happy regardless of whether I meet the deadline.

Yeah, I have to say this is my best script yet. Radial walk is easier than I expected :)

Rezozo
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Jesus, I totally forgot about this! Idk if I can make it! SAT's this November!

superbuster4
10-24-2012, 05:20 PM
wow so upset when i saw the f2p i got 1 sw script and one astral script so upset

Olly
10-24-2012, 06:15 PM
wow so upset when i saw the f2p i got 1 sw script and one astral script so upset

why don't you apply for members with them?

Silentcore
10-24-2012, 06:25 PM
If that astral script and sw script are real, you can get members quite good.
OT: I just started doing my second attempt and got all basic things down.

kevin33
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I have like nothing done and won't be able to get my script done for the deadline because I am just way too busy with hockey and school. I have like no time to work on it after school sadly but I wish everyone the best and I promise I will release a script soon. I already have some good ideas and hopefully will have time over the school breaks and what not when I am less busy with work and hockey and my school work dies down.

Silentcore
10-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I have like nothing done and won't be able to get my script done for the deadline because I am just way too busy with hockey and school. I have like no time to work on it after school sadly but I wish everyone the best and I promise I will release a script soon. I already have some good ideas and hopefully will have time over the school breaks and what not when I am less busy with work and hockey and my school work dies down.

Well, I wish you look in everything you have to do.

kevin33
10-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks man. It sucks cuz I have no free time anymore with my homework, my own work, and of course hockey which is 4 times a week after I get home from school. Not to mention the fact that I am always tired :(
Hopefully it slows down soon so I can start writing a script, have more free time, be more active and enjoy myself more!

superbuster4
10-25-2012, 02:04 PM
why don't you apply for members with them?

they are private, and they arent up to top noch standards i have get familiar with the new stuff, haven't used color all summer.

riwu
10-25-2012, 02:29 PM
they are private, and they arent up to top noch standards i have get familiar with the new stuff, haven't used color all summer.
Actually you don't have to worry about leaking your private scripts to members, hardly any of them even use them. If you make an extremely popular script you may get 10+ uses but otherwise it's as good as creating a thread in the dump section :rolleyes:

___
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Can the end date be extended since Simba has decided being dumb is cool? My Simba can't even compile anymore... it just opens and immediately exits...

BraK
10-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Delete your settings.xml in the Main simba folder then try again.

BraK
10-31-2012, 03:35 AM
Competition ends on Monday, November 5th 2012.

Everyone needs to start turning in their scripts to one of the approved people listed in the OP.

Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gun powder,treason and plot. I see no reason for the gun powder treason to ever be forgot.

Ian
10-31-2012, 03:48 AM
So much pressure! :p Ah well, nearly done ^_^

Rezozo
11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Hey, Im just wondering, is it possible to send this for reviewing as a Members Application?

Ian
11-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I think you're allowed to once the competition is over.

Silentcore
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Hey, Im just wondering, is it possible to send this for reviewing as a Members Application?

I think the script would be for only this compution which can only send to the judges from the competition. If you want to apply with it for members, then it can be done after.

Rezozo
11-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Goody, cause I think I am making a really...Baws like script here!
Worth a try at least right?

Ian
11-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Goody, cause I think I am making a really...Baws like script here!
Worth a try at least right?

And even if you're not accepted 1st try you'll get a lot of feedback I've heard :), might do the same as you :D

J J
11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
I suggest this tool to get an idea of your application
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78375

Good luck everyone. I would probably have made the following
1. Mine
2. Superheat ores
3. Make into items
4. Alch items

That's 3 skills within the first two steps already

P1ng
11-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Monday 5th of November is almost over here, can't wait to see who the winner of this is! Best of luck to all participants :)

Rezozo
11-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Jesus today is the last day!!

Damn, gonna have to put in all my effort now!

I hate procrastination!
~Joey

Bixby Sayz
11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
So close...but RL commitments mean I'll miss it by a few days. So let me congratulate whoever does win in advance.

I'll still finish it at my own pace for my own satisfaction since it's the next skill I wanna train on my main anyway.

Rezozo
11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Anyone know the last time to submit the scripts?

I mean it says today (5th December), but time?

NKN
11-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Anyone know the last time to submit the scripts?

I mean it says today (5th December), but time?
Where dafuq do you live, a month ahead of everyone

Nebula
11-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Where dafuq do you live, a month ahead of everyone
Where dafuq do you live NKN? a month behind everyone? It's december 5th brah.

My best guess is that they're due by the end of today (so like, within the next few hours of this post). BraK was too busy changing a diaper to respond to the question.

Rezozo
11-06-2012, 03:24 AM
D: Forgot about the baby! Brak, if you see this, do tell how she(?) is doing!
Also, my bad for the December :p

Thanks Nebula, only you answered my question :) For now, I submitted it. Hope it does well!

Hobbit
11-06-2012, 03:34 AM
The competition is now closed.

You have unit Midnight (GMT-8) to submit your script to one of the people mentioned in the first post! That gives your 4.5 hours from the time of this posting!

Good luck!

BraK
11-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I suggest this tool to get an idea of your application
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78375

Good luck everyone. I would probably have made the following
1. Mine
2. Superheat ores
3. Make into items
4. Alch items

That's 3 skills within the first two steps already

I would have done a Fisher + Cooker + Alcher. would have been good on lobby and swords I think. :)

Sorry for the Delay. I was at the hospital with the wife again. :(

Thanks Hobbit for Closing it out for me. ;)

Hobbit
12-02-2012, 03:34 AM
And the winner is.....

Ollybest!

Congrats! Enjoy the new cup and PM me to make arrangements to get your 5M prize :)

BraK
12-03-2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks Hobbit for closing it out for me. Congratulations Olly ;)

wantonman
01-04-2013, 01:41 AM
what is multiplayer?

DannyRS
01-04-2013, 01:43 AM
what is multiplayer?

Maybe not the place to ask, if you mean in a script, its running for more than one account/player at a time i think

wantonman
01-04-2013, 01:48 AM
okay army but if you want 2 script a multiplayer actvity like barbarrion assult then i can make a pwnge script

Ian
01-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Maybe not the place to ask, if you mean in a script, its running for more than one account/player at a time i think

Actually, multiplayer in this context is when the script allows you to add more players to act as backups, so if one player gets stuck or finishes an assigned task it will log out and switch to the next player, who will do the same thing. It is both a failsafe and an antiban, because it allows you to spend less time logged in on each account while still constantly working toward a goal. It is less important as a failsafe now though because they removed random events, which used to be the main cause of scripts getting stuck. Still good to know though :).