PDA

View Full Version : Double XP EVERYDAY!* [Stealing Creation Guide]

Jake
10-26-2012, 12:37 AM
NOTE: The sacred clay tools DO NOT STACK with the Double XP this weekend. Save them for after the weekend should you follow this guide and start the minigame.
*By playing this minigame, and earning atleast 20 points, you will be able to get double experience for one of these skills: crafting, smithing, construction, fletching, woodcutting, mining, fishing, hunter, or Combat skills by exchanging the points for sacred clay tools, which give a specific amount of double experience. Once that bonus experience is used up, the tool will deplete.If you would like more double experience, you would need to play more games and earn more points. Just stating this now so the title doesn't confuse you ;)

http://i.imgur.com/vG5LlR8.png
Stealing Creation is a minigame located in the Gamers Grotto. A simple teleport on the games necklace takes you right in front of the arena. This is a minigame for skilling and killing, or just skilling for those who refrain from combat.
Some facts:
Each game in 20 minutes long.
The waiting area usually takes 2 minutes to start, or might take longer if atleast 5 people are not on each team.
The official worlds for stealing creation are 45 and 62 (This includes combat and skilling)
The worlds for NON-COMBAT stealing creation with clans are: 70, 99, 100.
This is a SAFE minigame. You can't bring any items in the minigame.
If you die in the minigame, you only lose the items you gathered within the minigame.

Objective of the game:
The objective of the game is to get the most points possible: by collecting the most clay, converting the clay into items, and depositing them at the base. You will either be in the blue or red team. You will play against the other team. Make sure you co operate with your team members, or expect a difficult time to win the game. You can get pickpocketed and killed, which will allow the enemy to steal your hard work and gain them points that you were supposed to get.
Recommended Skills for the minigame
Having decent/high skilling levels is a huge advantage in this minigame.
Remember, the higher your level in these skills, the more points per hour and advantage you have amongst others.
The skills used in this minigame include
Thieving - Pickpocket items from other players
Woodcutting - Chop trees to get sacred clay
Fletching - Fletch arrows from clay
Fishing - Fish at pools for sacred clay
Crafting - Craft sacred clay into mage/range armour
Cooking - Make higher tier food
Construction - Build barriers around a location to protect yourself from enemies stealing clay/attacking you. Only players on your team will be allowed to enter if a barrier is built.
Herblore - Make potions from clay
Hunter - Hunt swarms for sacred clay
Runecrafting - Craft runes from clay
Summoning - Make familar pouches to hold items, make pouches to send items to base for points.
Agility - 60 agility to jump rifts.
Combat skills - For killing other players on the opposite team.

Class tiers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Each skill has its own object/area located randomly on the map. The locations change every game, and deplete once all the clay is taken.
There are 5 tiers of each skilling location
Class 1 - requires no minimum level
Class 2 - requires level 20 in the specific skill
Class 3 - requires level 40 in the specific skill
Class 4 - requires level 60 in the specific skill
Class 5 - requires level 80 in the specific skill
The higher tier you choose to get clay from, the more points you earn for collecting, converting and depositing.

Skilling locations
http://i.imgur.com/Hvs8x.png

How to get the most points per game
Skill all the way
I would recommend to look for the highest tier skill location you can do, and start there. It might take a while to get clay since you are starting barehanded, but you should eventually get some clay.
If you see the enemy coming over to you, go back to near your base or to an area where there are many members of your team. Stick with the crowd, and ask for clay if you are having bad luck. Once you have gotten the clay, convert the clay to the item which corresponds to the skill you will be using on the location.

The equipments you can make for skilling are:
A pickaxe, hatchet, harpoon, butterfly net.

Once you have made the item, stay at the location and get your inventory filled with clay. Go back and forth to the kiln to convert your clay. I highly suggest that you convert your clay into stackable items.
But make a familiar first, so you can deposit items into it. You should make the three other equipments for skilling, a familiar pouch, arrows/runes. Make food as well if you are a low level.

REMEMBER: If you have a high tier of clay, such as tier 3(60 in the skill), make sure you convert the clay into something you can use! If you have 40 fishing(tier 2), you will not be able to use the tier 3 harpoon or be able to make the harpoon. Each tier usage depends on the specific level in that skill.

If you have a lot of stackable items/a lot of an item, and are worried about dying or being pick pocketed, simply head back to your team base, and deposit the items. Remember, you get a little amount of points for collecting clay, a bit more to convert, and a Higher amount for depositing converted clay into items. Simply depositing clay is not recommended because you can get more points for converting them.

Then again, if you see clay at the team base, take them! Take the clay, run to the kiln, and convert the items. You get a higher score for converting the clay you took from the base, and even more for depositing it! Its called leeching in a sense.

Once the clay location is depleted, move along with the crowd to the next location. Sticking with the team is recommended to be safe and get a good score.

Here is a map which gives a better understanding on what to expect in the game.
http://i.imgur.com/qJSe7.png

The objective is to reach a score of ATLEAST 20,000 before the game ends . If you have more than 20,000 , then you did a good job :) Here are the tables to convert the scores in game to points gained once finished with the game (cred: rswiki)
http://i.imgur.com/UP1La.png

Finishing the Game and Exchanging the points for sacred clay tools
Once the game is over, everyone will leave automatically and arrive at front of the portal (shown in the beginning of this thread)
You will see a hiscores of who did what, and which team won. The winning team gets a 10% bonus to each team members score.
http://www.zybez.net/img/genimg/stealcreation/ending.gif
Now go to the rewards mystic, who is located right next to the portal in a small hut.
This is the interface you will get when you wish to exchange your points for tools. These tools give double experience when used. However, there is a specific limit to how much experience they will give you. Once all used, it will deplete and vanish.
NOTE: These tools do NOT stack in your bank, they each take up 1 space in your bank and inventory. Use them wisely. Remember to buy the PROTO TOOL, not the VOLATILE. You can control what you want the proto tool to become, the volatile is not under your control, and can turn into anything. Each proto tool requires 20 points. Each game is 20 minutes long. If you are able to get 20 points per game, and play 3 games per hour, you can possibly earn 3 proto tools per hour.
http://i.imgur.com/b02Vy.png
Here's what you can get. Remember, each tool is worth 20 points. Enjoy your exp! :)
http://i.imgur.com/myvGK.png

Benny
10-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Man Jakee you're really on a roll on guides!! well done!

Don't do them all or I'll never be able to compete!

Jake
10-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Man Jakee you're really on a roll on guides!! well done!

Don't do them all or I'll never be able to compete!
Lol ;) Just doing what I can to help you guys and keep you informed on some parts of the game which we dont usually visit/use :P
Dont worry, I'll stop soon, making these are harder and more time consuming than I originally thought they would be lol

Benny
10-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Lol ;) Just doing what I can to help you guys and keep you informed on some parts of the game which we dont usually visit/use :P
Dont worry, I'll stop soon, making these are harder and more time consuming than I originally thought they would be lol

Brilliant! Add in the fact that Powerbot has a stealing creation bot if people want to bot it :P

Next guide should be the god wars guide :) something for you to really get stuck into

Jake
10-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Brilliant! Add in the fact that Powerbot has a stealing creation bot if people want to bot it :P

Next guide should be the god wars guide :) something for you to really get stuck into
God wars guide.. hmm.. I'll see what I can do :) and yeah I noticed that, that dev is from the original rsbots.net before it got sued :P

Benny
10-26-2012, 12:53 AM
God wars guide.. hmm.. I'll see what I can do :) and yeah I noticed that, that dev is from the original rsbots.net before it got sued :P

Yeha I believe he also scripted at Nexus (not sure if its the same thing?)

You should also see they've released a KBD script... :duh:

Sin
10-26-2012, 12:54 AM
But then again, collecting the sacred clay is tantamount to spending the same amount of time actually doing the skill.
Sacred Clay saves money, not time.

Jake
10-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeha I believe he also scripted at Nexus (not sure if its the same thing?)

You should also see they've released a KBD script... :duh:
Yup, Bradsta. He was at nexus and rsbots.net, and autofighter as well. I find it interesting that 3-5 nexus developers came over to pb and released their former scripts there.
and I saw that too LOL.

But then again, collecting the sacred clay is tantamount to spending the same amount of time actually doing the skill.
Sacred Clay saves money, not time.
If you do stealing creation in clans, which specialize in non combat, you can get 20-25 points per game, and play 5-8 games an hour, as opposed to 3 per hour in combat stealing creation worlds.
5-8 games an hour = ~ 5- 10 tools per hour. Depending on what tool you get it, you'd save a ton of money + and time.

digitalninja
01-10-2013, 09:45 PM
I used to do SC quite a bit a got a ton of proto tools that I used on crafting and const ... the FASTEST way to get points is to find "safe" sc game where theres no combat. The typical combat sc game lasts 20 minutes.

With a "safe" sc game everyone harvests all the clay ASAP and games last 12-15 minutes typically. So you can basically get 25%+ more points this way and dont have to deal with avoiding combat players.

What Jakee said

Jake
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
I used to do SC quite a bit a got a ton of proto tools that I used on crafting and const ... the FASTEST way to get points is to find "safe" sc game where theres no combat. The typical combat sc game lasts 20 minutes.

With a "safe" sc game everyone harvests all the clay ASAP and games last 12-15 minutes typically. So you can basically get 25%+ more points this way and dont have to deal with avoiding combat players.

What Jakee said

Not sure if sc has changed alot after the EOC, but Ill do some games later today and post back on if eoc changed the gameplay of sc, if anything :)

SC is still actually quite active, and is fine and a bit easier in EOC, whether you do the safe games or pvp ones

Gucci
02-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Another nice guide, great job Jakee

Jake
02-26-2013, 02:18 PM

Kindle
03-05-2013, 04:03 AM
At 25 points per game, will this actually raise my xp/ hr even though I am wasting time gathering the points?

Threshold
03-07-2013, 07:55 PM
I feel like its more time-efficient to just skill. Correct me if im wrong though.

litoris
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I feel like its more time-efficient to just skill. Correct me if im wrong though.

It's sorta fun to do it and doing a single game is usually enough for a single tool, so I always have some proto tools handy.

Jake
03-12-2013, 04:39 PM
At 25 points per game, will this actually raise my xp/ hr even though I am wasting time gathering the points?
It would raise your xp/hour and it will also cost you less to train the skill, no such thing as 'wasting time with gathering the points' since you ultimately gain xp and save money

I enjoy doing stealing creation (non combat), games go by quick, you don't deal with try hards or raging kids like you would on a combat sc game

sahibjs
03-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Stealing Creation was probably one of the best things Jagex did to RS. I'd love to see it in 07, maybe with some changes as to how much the rewards help you out. It was definitely worth my time to play the game, and then use the rewards. Great guide man, like always.

Jake
03-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Stealing Creation was probably one of the best things Jagex did to RS. I'd love to see it in 07, maybe with some changes as to how much the rewards help you out. It was definitely worth my time to play the game, and then use the rewards. Great guide man, like always.
I don't think it would be introduced in 07, especially with RS3 around the corner
Too many people would camp at SC if it was released in 07 anyway :P

and thanks for the compliment, appreciate it!

Kindle
03-29-2013, 12:35 AM
It would be great if somebody could calculate at what xp/hr rate that this becomes more efficient than regular training. After all, urns are buyable but take much less time.

Jake
05-02-2013, 05:15 PM
It would be great if somebody could calculate at what xp/hr rate that this becomes more efficient than regular training. After all, urns are buyable but take much less time.
It all depends on how fast your games are and how many points you get per game.
I'd say its worth it to go for the point from SC for the tools and use it, along with the urns if applicable

skillers
07-11-2014, 01:30 PM
i believe there is a new method gaining 500k bonus exp an hour :s

Jake
07-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Yes, that method has been out for about 2 months or so and was used by a lot of the front page ranks.
Not sure if it got patched or not, but this is how it went.
http://i.imgur.com/RHCeCve.png http://i.imgur.com/NM3o36j.png

i believe there is a new method gaining 500k bonus exp an hour :s

bestplox
07-12-2014, 06:16 AM
Yes, that method has been out for about 2 months or so and was used by a lot of the front page ranks.
Not sure if it got patched or not, but this is how it went.
http://i.imgur.com/RHCeCve.png http://i.imgur.com/NM3o36j.png
Wow! Going to try that out!

Jake
07-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Good luck! Let me know how it goes

Wow! Going to try that out!

Wu-Tang Clan
07-13-2014, 03:12 AM
SC is so dead though... barely even enough people to play a game on dedicated world. I looked for clans and stuff but theres just not enough people. Do you know any clans that have safe games and are on a lot?

Jake
07-13-2014, 07:44 PM
I used Fast Sc (Gamer's Grotto, World 99), to stack up on my tools.

SC is so dead though... barely even enough people to play a game on dedicated world. I looked for clans and stuff but theres just not enough people. Do you know any clans that have safe games and are on a lot?

Akantor
06-20-2015, 04:47 PM
I know that there's a good chance no one will read this, but I feel like this could be important to some people. You told people to not buy the volatile tools, and that is good advice for most people. However, if you have A LOT of points to spend (>150) it's a better idea to buy the volatile tool (hear me out). Yes, the volatile tool is not under your control of what it turns into. However, once you get it to the tool you want, you can recharge it over and over again for the same price of the proto-tool. This now would give you more exp per point. (5k more for the hatchet of that I am sure.) But again, if you don't have many points to spend, then the volatile tool is not worth your time/points.

J_R
06-20-2015, 11:36 PM
Does the volatile tool degrade to dust? I would hate to buy one, forget to refill it, and then be mad when I inevitably make that mistake.

Xiiiii
06-21-2015, 03:15 AM
Does the volatile tool degrade to dust? I would hate to buy one, forget to refill it, and then be mad when I inevitably make that mistake.

No, it just depletes

Jake
06-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Don't worry, I read it :p
Back when I used to play rs, I just wanted it to be simple based on what skill I was training. So I stuck with a specific proto-tool instead of one that's volatile.

I know that there's a good chance no one will read this, but I feel like this could be important to some people. You told people to not buy the volatile tools, and that is good advice for most people. However, if you have A LOT of points to spend (>150) it's a better idea to buy the volatile tool (hear me out). Yes, the volatile tool is not under your control of what it turns into. However, once you get it to the tool you want, you can recharge it over and over again for the same price of the proto-tool. This now would give you more exp per point. (5k more for the hatchet of that I am sure.) But again, if you don't have many points to spend, then the volatile tool is not worth your time/points.

mocrosoft
06-28-2015, 09:25 AM
great guide