PDA

View Full Version : MikeyMan

Daniel
11-15-2012, 08:01 AM
User MikeyMan (http://villavu.com/forum/member.php?u=109614) has been permanently banned from these forums due to account/item theft.

For full details, please refer to this thread (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92553).

With regards,
- The SRL Staff.

Benny
11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Wow he joined less than 4 days ago and he already hacked..

Well done Daniel

Lord
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Nice work in following up on the thread !

Ashaman88
11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks staff!

US Marine
11-15-2012, 01:46 PM
I love the staff here at Villavu!!! <3

Neros
11-15-2012, 01:54 PM
I love the staff here at Villavu!!! <3

I Just love villavu as a whole.

Hows that tour going USM? you back yet?

US Marine
11-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I Just love villavu as a whole.

Hows that tour going USM? you back yet?

Its going good mate! I have another 4 months yet. Dont wanna get off topic.

Jake
11-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Well done.
Wondering if there should be some warning/notice before users attach/post a script or code or any file to a thread.
ex: User adds a attachment/code to a post. Clicks "Make New thread" or "submit post", but a warning/window will pop up, reconfirming if the user wants to proceed and make the post.

Ian
11-16-2012, 12:10 AM
It might even be possible to have the window highlight the lines of text that start with Name and Pass, idk though.

Edit: Hey, not trying to argue with the staff here but are we sure MikeyMan took the money? look at his two posts, it looked like he tried to contact Fisher about leaving his pass in...

I mean, why would he take the money then say "hey man, you forgot your pass"?

Silentcore
11-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Nice work to everyone...

Rezozo
11-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Very informative. Nice.
Hope its not too serious though!

[XoL]
11-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Nice work, and his IP was the last one logged onto the account. Sure someone could of sniped the account before it happened but chances are pretty low in a forum with this many users.

Kasi
11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Why would anyone log into the account anyways? surely the most they would do is try change the password / message the player. anyhow he hasn't made any attempt to deny what he has done.

Footy
11-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Why would anyone log into the account anyways? surely the most they would do is try change the password / message the player. anyhow he hasn't made any attempt to deny what he has done.

Since I dont know when, you can't change an accounts password without acess to its email, so the best thing you can do is sit on the account, not letting anyone else log on.

Rezozo
11-16-2012, 01:21 AM
When you change the password, it forces the player out. I know...It happened to me...

:'( (*Cries as he remember his account being hacked*)

Ian
11-16-2012, 01:50 AM
When you change the password, it forces the player out. I know...It happened to me...

:'( (*Cries as he remember his account being hacked*)

Yes but you need access to the email, which he didn't have, so sitting on the account and contacting Fisher would have been the best thing he could do.

Also this looks like what he did do.

fisher, i need to speak to you buddy, in private please :) this will help you by the way, not hinder you.

if its about me leavin. my pword n shit in there, dw ive fixed it

Ah ok mate, sorry didn't read this until just now :)

This just doesn't seem like he was the one who took the money. Also did any mods contact him to ask him about it? Because after he was banned it's not like he could argue his case.

Rezozo
11-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Yes but you need access to the email, which he didn't have, so sitting on the account and contacting Fisher would have been the best thing he could do.

Also this looks like what he did do.

This just doesn't seem like he was the one who took the money. Also did any mods contact him to ask him about it? Because after he was banned it's not like he could argue his case.

Word^^^ Though I am pretty sure he would've contacted a mod by email, or created a new account by now. (Unless IP blocked?)

P1ng
11-16-2012, 04:10 AM
Users on these forums don't get IP blocked(I believe it's in case they have trustworthy relatives/whatever who also use the forums).

Also, I had someone do the same thing to me when I was trying to help them write their first script.

Finally, another job well done by the staff here. :)

Daniel
11-16-2012, 09:17 AM

Issues such as these are often been brought up as defence for accessing an account. However, there is no way to prove it and the likelihood of this occurring is relatively slim. The only choice, therefore, is to suspend the user. It has always been this way. If the user wishes to dispute the ban, he/she may do so using the contact us (http://villavu.com/forum/sendmessage.php) form. Athough, as previously mentioned, it is next to impossible to prove their innocence.