PDA

View Full Version : Say you had a wireless network card...

crackkilzu
04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
and could connect to both your modem and a couple of your neighbor's, if you play from your modem but connected to your neighbor to macro wouldn't that seriously decrease the risk of getting IP banned?

Just a thought I had today 8-)

Jason2gs
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm sure it couldn't hurt, but I don't think people get banned much with SCAR anyways. Take a look at my signature. All that time and only one ban. ((h))

Jagex still has UIDs, remember?

I guess SCAR isn't bad enough to deserve an IP ban. (Someone said that one time. Someone in this community. [Not someone from Jagex lol])

Mr.Klean
04-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Hmm, the idea would work for appealing a ban if you deleted your UID regularly. If you create the account and play on it once and a while on your own ip then you go into your neighbors network and macro you could say that someone had control of the account and you would get un banned because of the IP difference.

crackkilzu
04-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Hmm, the idea would work for appealing a ban if you deleted your UID regularly. If you create the account and play on it once and a while on your own ip then you go into your neighbors network and macro you could say that someone had control of the account and you would get un banned because of the IP difference.
That's another great idea.

Mr.Klean
04-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks. Just as long as you don't hog all your neighbors bandwidth you shouldn't get caught stealing there internet.