PDA

View Full Version : Request to reimpliment feature

footballjds
12-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Dear staff,

We used to have a feature in the subscribed threads page.
Right next to the green ">>" button was another button.
http://gyazo.com/2735cf0a26641d91fc54e35d21382ba1.png?1354647278
This button would take you to your last post in the thread. It was VERY useful if the thread had a lot of activity you wouldn't have to spend 5 minutes tracking back through the thread to see which posts you hadn't read yet.

I don't know why the feature was removed but could we have it back?

Thanks,

Silentcore
12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I silently support this.

footballjds
12-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I silently support this.

Do you remember this feature? I believe it was removed around the time we switched to villavu form srl-forums. It could have been a while after that tho... :p time kind of runs all together in my memory.

Silentcore
12-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Do you remember this feature? I believe it was removed around the time we switched to villavu form srl-forums. It could have been a while after that tho... :p time kind of runs all together in my memory.

Idk, the first subscribed thread was like 2 months ago and don't remember any other little button. But I support this because today I was just thinking about this same idea.

footballjds
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Idk, the first subscribed thread was like 2 months ago and don't remember any other little button. But I support this because today I was just thinking about this same idea.

well it was a heavily used feature before. I presume reimplementing it would consist of the right person checking a little check box somewhere :P

Benny
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
I think it would be nifty. Would save me a lot of time too.

Good idea!

DannyRS
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Would definetly be very handy, not too fond of reading backwards when you get alot of replies :P, but maybe it was to hard to implement in a website update and was dropped, if something simular was added could be awesome though :)

Rezozo
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I believe that it was just hard to maintain. They must have some valid reason :p

I want this, it would indeed help. Wouldn't have to keep going to last post in statistics :D
~Rez

Ian
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
I think that this would be a very useful button indeed.

The Killer
12-04-2012, 09:16 PM
we sort of already have one.
http://puu.sh/1xaE8

click the http://puu.sh/1xaEh

footballjds
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
slightly different and only works if it's unread. although still useful (:

Hobbit
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
well it was a heavily used feature before. I presume reimplementing it would consist of the right person checking a little check box somewhere :P

Not quite. The move from SRL-Forums.com back to VillaVu.com was not just a straight copy. It was a new install of vB and it was just the databases imported over. Dankness (Who ran srl-forums) had many custom mods that the authors no longer support and are no longer compatible with our version of vB.

However, this being said, during the coming forum upgrade we will be looking at brining back a number of features provided that there are compatible versions.

footballjds
12-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Not quite. The move from SRL-Forums.com back to VillaVu.com was not just a straight copy. It was a new install of vB and it was just the databases imported over. Dankness (Who ran srl-forums) had many custom mods that the authors no longer support and are no longer compatible with our version of vB.

However, this being said, during the coming forum upgrade we will be looking at brining back a number of features provided that there are compatible versions.

thanks for the response. Hopefully this feature is considered during that upgrade.