PDA

View Full Version : [EOC]200k+ Ranged/Defence xp/hour + Charms

Jake
12-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Note: Due to an update by Jagex, this method use to give you anywhere from 375k xp/hour to upwards of 450k xp/hour.
The update has badly nerfed this method, and the xp recieved from killing icefiends is about 1/3 of what it used to be.
*GOOD NEWS! Jagex has released the Charming Imp, which will pick up the charms for you!
The Charming Imp is a dungeoneering reward which you can buy.
It requires level 21 summoning and 21 dungeoneering to buy, and a total of 100k reward tokens

The Charming Imp is VERY helpful with this method.
You can toggle the imp to choose which charms you want the Imp to pick up for you and the charms you want it to keep.
With this method, Tell the Imp that he can keep the gold charms, so you can keep the crimson, blue and green charms.
Also, since you are allowing the imp to keep the gold charms to himself, you will get 4 summoning experience for every gold charm he will keep.

http://i.imgur.com/12l6k.png

200K+ Combat xp/hour at Icefiends PLUS 300+ charms/hour

Icefiends (Level 185) at the Ghorrock Fortress give really good ranged experience and defence experience. Along with that, you get A LOT of charms.
Approximately 200k combat experience can be earned per hour.
Along with 200 crimson charms per hour.
Around 300k to 2m/hour can be earned depending on rare drop tables
Requirement: Finished The Temple at Senntisten
Able to access the fairy rings

Getting there
Again, you need access to the fairy rings. Access it from Edgeville -> Zanaris
Fairy ring code is: DKS

http://i.imgur.com/aHSmv.png
http://i.imgur.com/kR6xH.png

Setup + Inventory
We will be using ranged, so ranged armour of course.
Bring extreme ranged/Ranged potions if you wish.
Nature and Fire runes will be used to high alch some their drops (Water bstaff, Rune drops)
Example of a set up and inventory
Bunyips to heal
Prayer potions/Flasks for soulsplit as a back up, or Anguish for more ranged power.
You will use a glory to teleport to edgeville to bank and come back via fairy rings.

http://i.imgur.com/ta8t7.png

The area is multi combat.
Map of the Fortress

http://i.imgur.com/RF8VA.png

Mr[S]
12-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Icefiends sound decent, I need my range xp up as well

[XoL]
12-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Isn't that Pvp?

Rincewind
12-28-2012, 10:19 PM
;1150056']Isn't that Pvp?

Nope, Ghorrock isn't in the Wilderness, although if you take the long way to Ghorrock, you will have to go through the Wildy.

How easily do you think this can be botted? I need to get my range up too.

Jake
12-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Nope, Ghorrock isn't in the Wilderness, although if you take the long way to Ghorrock, you will have to go through the Wildy.

How easily do you think this can be botted? I need to get my range up too.
Its literally empty in each world.
Besides a few players who go there to legit their steel dragon tasks, where the dragons are located outside of the fortress.
Would be really hard to notice that you're botting

Rincewind
12-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Its literally empty in each world.
Besides a few players who go there to legit their steel dragon tasks, where the dragons are located outside of the fortress.
Would be really hard to notice that you're botting

So this is like upgraded waterfiends? I'll check it out as soon as possible.

Jake
12-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Correct, these are level 185
Waterfiends are level 154
Both weak to range

eduardo230
12-28-2012, 11:06 PM
they are weak to twron weapon do you think it will be better if i use bolt or arrows? sagaes also seem good, they have 1072 damage and ar one handed

Rincewind
12-28-2012, 11:22 PM
they are weak to twron weapon do you think it will be better if i use bolt or arrows? sagaes also seem good, they have 1072 damage and ar one handed

I remember a thread a while back saying how blisterwood stakes are good now too.

eduardo230
12-28-2012, 11:54 PM
I remember a thread a while back saying how blisterwood stakes are good now too.

I think I wrote that thread hahaha but im not sure if they are really good, But they are better than dragon darts so i think they will do the job, they are fastest and have 672 damage they are nice.

Benny
12-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Sounds good Jakee. I know there is a certain member creating a script there?

It's a nice secluded place.

Jake
12-29-2012, 02:15 AM
All ranged weapons work, not limited to
Black salamander
Rune + off hand cbow
Chaotic + off hand cbow
Royal cbow
Karils cbow
Sageaie's

Sounds good Jakee. I know there is a certain member creating a script there?

It's a nice secluded place.
No clue, would be awesome if someone is able to.

riwu
12-29-2012, 02:30 AM
From http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Icefiend, they only have a crim charm drop rate of 4-5%, so how would they have the same charm rate/hr as waterfiends? Or Jagex changed their drop rate in EOC?

[XoL]
12-29-2012, 02:31 AM
On the ancients teleport is that the wild?

Jake
12-29-2012, 02:55 AM
From http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Icefiend, they only have a crim charm drop rate of 4-5%, so how would they have the same charm rate/hr as waterfiends? Or Jagex changed their drop rate in EOC?
They have changed the drop rate and the drops from icefiends.
The wiki has not been updated with the current charm rate and drops.

;1150150']On the ancients teleport is that the wild?
Ghorrock teleport on the anicent magicks spellbook leads you to here, which is the wild
http://i.imgur.com/7lDth.png

Pod
12-29-2012, 04:27 AM
R there qusr reuiqrements?

Jake
12-29-2012, 05:52 AM
If you mean quest requirement, then yes
You need to have finished
- the temple at sennistein
- started fairy tale part 2 for access to the fairy rings

freezeyp
12-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Nice guide Jakee, never think about Ghorrock Fortress before reading it :)

Jake
01-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Nice guide Jakee, never think about Ghorrock Fortress before reading it :)
Same here man, I found out about this location after seeing videos on youtube where players were doing their steel dragon task, for some reason (can't remember)

Then I did the quest, temple at sennistein, and found out that icefiends, existed outside of the dungeoneering floors. :P

chongc
01-02-2013, 05:43 AM
if you move the heat orb around, they turn into wfs, so u can still kill wfs here as well. lol

Silentcore
01-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Great guide, I really love when you post these kind of guides.

Mr[S]
01-02-2013, 08:23 AM
What's the current drop rate of charms for ice now?

Jake
01-02-2013, 06:47 PM
200-250 crimsons/hour at icefiends
Rate hasn't changed since I posted this guide :P

[XoL]
01-08-2013, 09:20 PM
So I tried to bot this only getting 150k xp/h :/

Sin
01-08-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm going to write a script for this.

[XoL]
01-08-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm going to write a script for this.

I have been training here for a bit if you are going to write it (I used pbot script here, but all you really need is this)

1) Soul split at Half HP-Full HP
2) Prayer renewal support
3) OVL support
4) Ability/Momentum support (Don't support the healing one, as in a couple weeks that is being nerfed)
5) Ability to pick up Crimson charms (They actually drop a lot of valuable stuff, I have my script currently picking up water orbs and those are like 5k drops that are fairly frequent (noted))
6) Prayer Potion support, sometimes you run out of prayer faster than renewal works
7) Cannon support is not needed, tbh it slows it down cause you pretty much one hit them with your own gear
8) Moving around to different rooms allows for the argo to never end

Here is the guide I used:
http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1569776-450k-range-xphr-330k-mage-xphr-semi-afk-post-eoc-250-crimshr/

---
All of those features aren't necessary but it does make the trip "better"
Sorry lol just wanted to point out it isn't the easiest thing to make ;p but if anyone can do it you can haha

Sin
01-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Lmao scripted this and basically got 360k Ranged XP in an hour :D
Only thing of concern is the heavy burden of Prayer Potions :/

Jake
01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Were you using flasks?
And would using renewals be better than prayer flasks?

Benny
01-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Were you using flasks?
What about a mixture + holy wrench

Sin
01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Were you using flasks?

Depends on your Prayer bonus, mine was relatively low (Void and Comp Cape only bonuses). I was using flasks, yes. I also brought 3 titan pouches and scrolls along with a summoning potion but didn't use them because they were so crap.

360k can be pushed even higher because I was scripting, and also trying to find the best spot in the fortress at the same time.

Renewals + Prayers would be the best.

4 Renewals, 20 Prayers, 5 cannon/ball spots, emergency tele, remaining 3: either more prayers or overloads

What about a mixture + holy wrench

1 Flask > Holy Wrench @ level 80 Prayer

[XoL]
01-09-2013, 09:55 PM
You don't need prayer if you use bunyips (can stay there forever, provided you have enough bunyips + summoning pots)

Ferhya
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Hmmm, after my scripted 99's, i might get range with this.. seems fast...
Hoping there would be a script by then, supporting bunyip, so i wont need to leave =D

Make it anti-leech, so i gotta figure out stuff:D

digitalninja
01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Unreal ... RNG is my last combat skill I need to level up ... I liked how one script "only" got 150k/hour ... thats still pretty impressive.

Fantastic guide think ill check it out tonight :).

[XoL]
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah this method works very well, I am done with range now because of it.

Jake
01-12-2013, 07:15 AM
;1157041']Yeah this method works very well, I am done with range now because of it.
Awesome :)
About how many charms did you collect, if you collected any?

digitalninja
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Has anyone noticed that icefiend drops have been nerfed? I think it just happened but all of a sudden my water orb drops have plummeted and you cant make nearly as much here. Not that I came for the money but it more than offset the cost of bolts. I also dont think i get close to 360k exp/hour even with hati gloves but its still pretty nice exp with not a ton of work. Fantastic guide!

Jake
01-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Has anyone noticed that icefiend drops have been nerfed? I think it just happened but all of a sudden my water orb drops have plummeted and you cant make nearly as much here. Not that I came for the money but it more than offset the cost of bolts. I also dont think i get close to 360k exp/hour even with hati gloves but its still pretty nice exp with not a ton of work. Fantastic guide!
I haven't been playing the game now for about 5 days now because I got back to uni, just logging in for spins, etc

So are you saying the drop rate decreased? Or the price of the drops fell dramatically?
If the prices dropped dramatically, its most likely because there is another bot for Icefiends + those for waterfiends

Idk about the drop rate though, nothing was mentioned >.<

moneymanox
02-03-2013, 03:15 PM
soo mis someone making script for this ? :O i cant wait for it :)

Jake
02-10-2013, 08:09 AM
soo mis someone making script for this ? :O i cant wait for it :)
This place has bots in it already in some few worlds.
Trust me, its very simple to legit these as well :)

Jake
02-25-2013, 06:15 PM
I forgot to post this, but this method was Nerfed very badly, and now the xp rate for this is only about 1/3 of what it used to be
This update occurred with an update 2 weeks ago.

Jagex's fault :/

Stayon
03-01-2013, 04:49 AM
120k an hour now? If so not horrible :p

Jake
03-01-2013, 05:41 AM
120k an hour now? If so not horrible :p
Its between that and about 250k xp/hour , tops.

You can always switch between the melee and range

Jake
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Charming Imp added to OP

Jake
05-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Better and new method here, cheap gp/xp hour cost, and about 375k+ ranged/def xp per hour!
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103113