PDA

View Full Version : Membership

King
02-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Can any members share their personal opinions on what should be included in a good membership appliance? Like what should be in the script, any good tips ect? I've read the guides but I just want to hear a more personal idea from the current members, mods, admins ect (: So, if you do end up posting, Ill take all advice and apply it! Thankyou!

grats
02-04-2013, 02:41 AM
very good knowledge of the SRL include shown, will go a long way

Sjoe
02-04-2013, 02:43 AM
activity, helping others, attitude.

Scriptwise:
Failsafes,
TPA use,
Walking ( preferred radialwalk or TPA walking, but most of us use SPS anyways now)
Knowledge of SRL includes!
'cases, if then's, loops(repeat until, for to do, while do)' statements.
Bitmap, DTM's
300+ lines.

Probably missing some, but that's bout the most part.

i luffs yeww
02-04-2013, 02:44 AM

This. For me, the more you know about SRL, the better. There have been several people who were auto-membered just because they clearly knew plenty about SRL. Being active and helpful is also a big deal.

riwu
02-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Other than the standard stuffs mentioned above / in guides, advanced & creative use of (A)TPA/other array types (esp. in walking) would be what that will guarantee a yes from me :)

King
02-04-2013, 02:54 AM
This. For me, the more you know about SRL, the better. There have been several people who were auto-membered just because they clearly knew plenty about SRL. Being active and helpful is also a big deal.

I will try my best to learn it all :ninja:

activity, helping others, attitude.

Scriptwise:
Failsafes,
TPA use,
Walking ( preferred radialwalk or TPA walking, but most of us use SPS anyways now)
Knowledge of SRL includes!
'cases, if then's, loops(repeat until, for to do, while do)' statements.
Bitmap, DTM's
300+ lines.

Probably missing some, but that's bout the most part.

Dat list, I love lists :P Thankyou!

I've been trying to learn, it makes scripting so much easier!

Other than the standard stuffs mentioned above / in guides, advanced & creative use of (A)TPA/other array types (esp. in walking) would be what that will guarantee a yes from me :)

I absolutely Adore ATPA's and the Wizzy Plugin, Im with you on that!

Thankyou for all the quick answers!! This is one of my favorite aspects of the community, you guys don't make it a secret how to become a member and are always willing to help! Wish me luck, if all goes well, you should see my application this week (:

Going to apply with my Waterfiend script, gotta fix up the abilities (rewriting them now, making my own plugin, add potions, summoning and alternate teleporting options (Fairy ring ect)) Take a look when I update it and fire away with the critique!

Austin
02-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Just follow this nifty guide:

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3562&highlight=how+to+become+an+srl+member

King
02-04-2013, 03:25 AM
Just follow this nifty guide:

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3562&highlight=how+to+become+an+srl+member

Already read :P

Ian
02-04-2013, 03:51 AM
Make sure there isn't code that's illogical, and make sure there isn't code that's redundant. And what was posted above ofc :D

Ashaman88
02-04-2013, 03:55 AM
make sure you suck up to ashaman a ton....

jk what everyone else has said is pretty much all :)

King
02-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Make sure there isn't code that's illogical, and make sure there isn't code that's redundant. And what was posted above ofc :D
Will do!! I appreciate all the advice guys!

make sure you suck up to ashaman a ton....

jk what everyone else has said is pretty much all :)

Well Ashman does make really sexy scripts(;

Press Play
02-05-2013, 12:18 AM
I personally like to see something creative, inventive or different :) I also have a fetish for ATPAs, so be sure to utilise those!

Other than that - your activity, maturity and attitude play a big part for me in a SRL member's applicant. I can see you're headed in the right direction (1D)!

Sjoe
02-05-2013, 12:21 AM
You seem to look forward to it , and making the right preparations to apply!
Good spirit ;)

Best of luck

[XoL]
02-05-2013, 12:26 AM
When I vote I base it on 3 things.

1) Post count (If it is under 100, I basically auto-deny unless you happen to be a prodigy but even then I still feel like denying because I have a hard time believing you will stay active)
2) Attitude on forums (Needs to be positive + helpful, I love when people help each other.. I do check for this)
3) Script (It works, and it can do something semi-advanced... I am not looking for anything over the top but some other members are so try to do your best!)

There have been cases where I don't even look at the script. (Most recent being bmw, I know bmw from around the forums etc. he has a staggering amount of posts and is very helpful, even though his script was good it was his attitude that made me vote yes in a heart beat.)

King
02-05-2013, 01:21 AM
;1168237']When I vote I base it on 3 things.

1) Post count (If it is under 100, I basically auto-deny unless you happen to be a prodigy but even then I still feel like denying because I have a hard time believing you will stay active)
2) Attitude on forums (Needs to be positive + helpful, I love when people help each other.. I do check for this)
3) Script (It works, and it can do something semi-advanced... I am not looking for anything over the top but some other members are so try to do your best!)

There have been cases where I don't even look at the script. (Most recent being bmw, I know bmw from around the forums etc. he has a staggering amount of posts and is very helpful, even though his script was good it was his attitude that made me vote yes in a heart beat.)

I really appreciate the advice!! I love how helpful SRL is!

You seem to look forward to it , and making the right preparations to apply!
Good spirit ;)

Best of luck

Thank you! I do look forward to it because I'm really goal driven ;p

I personally like to see something creative, inventive or different :) I also have a fetish for ATPAs, so be sure to utilise those!

Other than that - your activity, maturity and attitude play a big part for me in a SRL member's applicant. I can see you're headed in the right direction (1D)!

I'm working on ATPA's as we speak! I try and be good natured all the time possible!

US Marine
02-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Dang.. >.> Haven't had time to learn much about SRL for the past 6months. Going to be awhile for this guy. :D

King
02-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Dang.. >.> Haven't had time to learn much about SRL for the past 6months. Going to be awhile for this guy. :D

Don't give up!!

P1ng
02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
You are clearly heading down the correct path already. Keep a focus on the elements of scripting that people posted earlier and you should do well.

superuser
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Can any members share their personal opinions on what should be included in a good membership appliance? Like what should be in the script, any good tips ect? I've read the guides but I just want to hear a more personal idea from the current members, mods, admins ect (: So, if you do end up posting, Ill take all advice and apply it! Thankyou!

You're good when you don't need to rely on guides. When you got it, you know it.

DannyRS
02-25-2013, 12:29 PM
I vote based on something a little different I guess,

1. Good game play logic that will look human, while being efficient at the task, having a script is pointless if it will get you banned
2. Failsafes, if you can get a script that meet's point 1, that will run ashaman style for week's unless you stop it, thats a massive plus,
3. Show that you don't just rely completely on the Include to handle everything for you, and that you do understand how the functions inside it work, e.g. Writing an ATPA object finder that you taylored yourself to the object your looking for
4. Useage of the WizzyPlugin to sort TPA's and ATPA's so that your object finding is near 100% accurate is a massive plus

Obvioisly like mentioned above, activity and attitude is also key, don't apply with one post, because we can't see if you are just going to up and leave after getting the rank, and we think, do I want to see more of this guy around here? Do I like him? If your attitude is bad the answer will be No and likely the vote will be similar :p

Hypocritical of me, because I ignored most of the above when I applied, but I now live by it :)

Last note - Don't be afraid of us, if you have a decent script, give it a shot, worst case senario, you have to wait a month before trying again, and you will likely learn something from any feedback we give you ;)

Best of luck to anyone who applies

litoris
02-25-2013, 04:04 PM
-Activity in the community, sincere interest
-Semi-advanced and original methods (TPAs, walking etc. with good failsafes, what everyone else is saying basically)
-Use of the include
-Smart problem-solving! (Not many people have this, but if you are good with everything else you can get in. If I see someonje do something I wouldn't have ever thought of doing, I vote yes for sure)

Spartan 117
02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
TPA and ATPA seem to be keys. I have trouble understanding the concepts however