PDA

View Full Version : Completionist Banned

Jake
02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Found out about this earlier today
A comp player was banned
Possible reasons for the ban include: Curly roots for firemaking, or botting dungeoneering

Had over 750m total experience
there was no name change, adventures log not showing either
http://i.imgur.com/tZehCWm.png

Neznam
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I'd never bot on a competionist/max cape account.
That's just careless.

Silentcore
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Wow, hopefully I can atleast max out before it starts getting harder to bot..

Jake
02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
I'd never bot on a competionist/max cape account.
That's just careless.
Personally, I would still bot on it, but be more careful of what to bot/where I bot + the number of hours + throwing in some legit playing as well

Ian
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
These people really need to L2Simba :p

Benny
02-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Personally, I would still bot on it, but be more careful of what to bot/where I bot + the number of hours + throwing in some legit playing as well

Yeah I reckon the hardest thing is to stop botting even though you've maxed or comped. Well for me there is this sort of thrill from botting I can't really explain.

US Marine
02-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Im so close Jagex... Stop with your shenanigans. Noobs.

Neznam
02-10-2013, 12:19 AM

That's fair enough. Especially IF you make your own script which will make you unique towards public ones. I still wouldn't bot myself. I mean one you've got the cape, I don't really see a reason to bot further? Unless you want 200m total skill, but still thats being watched very carefully and I still wouldn't bot it but legit.

Austin
02-10-2013, 12:29 AM
What's with the new name? Lol.

US Marine
02-10-2013, 01:40 AM
What's with the new name? Lol.

Thank god someone asked.. I didnt want to.

Should mention him. lol

King
02-10-2013, 01:43 AM
@Four , why did you change your name :P

Ian
02-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Four[/MENTION] , why did you change your name :P

Stand back guys, I got this ;)

Four, why did you change your name?

King
02-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Stand back guys, I got this ;)

[Mention=Four]Four[Mention], why did you change your name?

That made me laugh :)

Ian
02-10-2013, 01:49 AM
That made me laugh :)

Quote fabrication! I made no such typo :D

Flight
02-10-2013, 01:53 AM
I think the problem is their botting so consistent in a single skill or method. In my opinion I believe in the future only multi-scripts, like MSI, would remain under the radar. No one can prove this and I'm not saying it's fact, but if I had to guess where the future of botting will go, I'd put my money on that.

King
02-10-2013, 01:56 AM
I think the problem is their botting so consistent in a single skill or method. In my opinion I believe in the future only multi-scripts, like MSI, would remain under the radar. No one can prove this and I'm not saying it's fact, but if I had to guess where the future of botting will go, I'd put my money on that.

Agreed, I would put this all on user side, I bot all the time, never have been banned, 17-18 hours. I do however play legit, switch methods and use OUR awesome scripts(:

Itankbots
02-11-2013, 08:16 AM
I would never bot on my main, its kind of my personal accomplishment. Ive done everything legit on it, and its almost comp cape with 800mil total xp. I still enjoy the game, and the sense of accomplishment. Talking with friends etc.

Thats just me tho, most people think im crazy :P

Only ever bot my pker accounts or for some gp. Or code when im bored ha

DannyRS
02-11-2013, 09:07 AM

Most scripts would require alot better checking at the start, like if you need combat gear, withdraw it from bank, equip it all or something, and a SPS or other walking method between script locations, that's a damn nightmare if your making it completely dynamic and any two scripts, would have to be a single script writer script swap I'd guess currently, unless we make a script manager, that will let the user set up a personal gearswap,teleport,scriptswap, would be interesting to try, but I can't think of an easy way to make it user friendly for non programmers :p,

Would be fairly simple to add two-three scripts of your own writing into one, and have the ability to switch every X amount of time, But that is kinda already defeating the uniqueness of what the point is :) unless its members only script, what you think about some kind of manager that could swap scripts for you and handle a location swap, would something like that be viable?

Benny
02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Most scripts would require alot better checking at the start, like if you need combat gear, withdraw it from bank, equip it all or something, and a SPS or other walking method between script locations, that's a damn nightmare if your making it completely dynamic and any two scripts, would have to be a single script writer script swap I'd guess currently, unless we make a script manager, that will let the user set up a personal gearswap,teleport,scriptswap, would be interesting to try, but I can't think of an easy way to make it user friendly for non programmers :p,

Would be fairly simple to add two-three scripts of your own writing into one, and have the ability to switch every X amount of time, But that is kinda already defeating the uniqueness of what the point is :) unless its members only script, what you think about some kind of manager that could swap scripts for you and handle a location swap, would something like that be viable?

That's actually a really good idea that you have raised. With a script manager - is there one in the works? - would it allow for this to happen?
In a way would it act like rs buddy or pb in allowing a snd database with custom setting etc?

DannyRS
02-11-2013, 10:18 AM
That's actually a really good idea that you have raised. With a script manager - is there one in the works? - would it allow for this to happen?
In a way would it act like rs buddy or pb in allowing a snd database with custom setting etc?

I know there was a manager to sort of stop/start scripts (maybe pause) to get you past the 6 hour mark before we had smart, but I was not around back then, I was thinking more of a new MSI type integration thats sole purpose is to bank, teleport and or walk to a specific area, maybe bank and set you up for the next script based on your input,

Although it's hard to make it easy for users, would be kinda like, enter bank slots to withdraw from and what to equip,

It does not even really need to be a manager, just a third script between the two others that you define the locations (one you are in and where you need to go), then you just need a plugin to switch between the three scripts when you need to (no idea how to do that lol),

And maybe have Scripters introduce a new procedure into their scripts always named something the same to do with banking, So that when it's time to swap, the script could get the bank screen open (walking to every bank in game from an Include would not be a good idea), once you then have the bank open, hand simba over to the managing script, then it gets you to the next location with the right gear, then hands simba to the third script, obviously setting up more than two scripts to switch between would be slightly different, and for example, my soulwars script would need a function to enter the portal from edge by itself because theres no included way to do it,

Basically it would take the co-operation of most of the script writers ;) maybe a tad OffTopic for here, sorry, blame Flight :p

If jagex are getting real ban happy, and we are to survive un-noticed, maybe it's something to look into, This looks like the guy was just unlucky and veing made example of, they seem to be seriously targetting dung botters right now

l6bustank
02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
The guy who got banned... I think its Luke, a (former) Pmod :p

Stayon
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM

Didn't he get banned for RWT(or trying?) I heard he scammed a friend of his in a trust trade for 1.5B after managing to lose 5B~ from stakes. I don't know why he'd risk all that for 1.5B though.

Jake
02-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Yeah you're right
I blocked out the other 2 letters
But since you already mentioned it, might as well let everyone know :P

Didn't he get banned for RWT(or trying?) I heard he scammed a friend of his in a trust trade for 1.5B after managing to lose 5B~ from stakes. I don't know why he'd risk all that for 1.5B though.
And yes, he did scam 1.5b from a friend. Im assuming thats what happens when you stake it all, lose it all, and then go after your friends money which has nothing to do with your situation, and then you get stopped in your tracks.

Stupid move on Luke's part.