PDA

View Full Version : I have pesky family members

warlord94
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM
ok heres the overview, my sister thinks autoing is scamming and my mom doesent want stuff being downloaded into our computer. what do i wanna do? learn how to script and auto. does any1 know a way i can leave scar scripts running overnight without my mom seeing when she goes on the computer in the morning and a way to leave scripts on during school without my sister seeing when she gets home. btw she gets home earlier then me.

any1 that can help me with this i will love forever

JAD
05-05-2007, 11:35 PM
You can turn the computer monitor off while autoing, but thats about all you can do to stop it.

Each time the computer starts running slower from all the crap we accumulate, or whenever we get a virus, My parents/brother claim that "Your stupid little hacking friends" do it :p "Your on a site with all these people knowing about hacking, and you don't think your going to get viruses? Those kids do that for fun!".... And this really isn't a hacking site, its a scripting site :p

They hate scar and stuff, but they never made me stop going on here and using SCAR (yet), and I really hope it stays that way. That sucks for you though dude, but as long as they don't go on your computer, just turn the monitor off and you should be good.

me_ntal
05-05-2007, 11:50 PM
You can minimise scar to the system tray so they cant see it, turn the monitor off but thats all you can do.

~alex~
05-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, like JAD said all you can really do is turn off your monitor. My mum thinks scripting is constructive so its all good for me lol.

stupedspam
05-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Like what JAD said Turn off the moniter, or explane it to your family that this could be a future job paying loads of money :)... And if that doesn't work tell them about a script you're useing (make it sound extreamly complex :)) Also I belive that the SRL dev. team is making a new function that it will save reports to an exe folder or some thing, if one member of your family stops the script...Ah, almost forgot, try useing a VM virtual machine... (look it up I cant explane it...)

Hope this helps :D worked for me!

~Stupedspam

Edit: Wow 2 people post befor me...

Gwallunit
05-06-2007, 12:01 AM
or somewhere Spork-eh made a pc lock

where they have to type a password to do anything on the computer

edit...

found it

http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9064?t=10253&highlight=lock

Have fun and dont forget to thank Spork-eh

joshie
05-06-2007, 12:17 AM
my mum couldn' give a shit about what i go on..LOL

yay

shaunthasheep
05-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Well the best thing to do for your situation is....

Dont auto? lolz I cant auto 24/7 because of my mom... auto on a VM while u surf the computer... or minimize the VM overnight... tada.

tarajunky
05-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Yep, VM is the best way to go. You can minimize it so it doesn't take up any screen space, or you can even use a program like 4t Tray minimizer to hide it in the system tray so that people don't even know it's running.

The comp may seem a little slow to them, though. :)

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Use a VM...VMWare Server..install VMWare Tools, and minimize it ;)

Dunceiam
05-06-2007, 01:40 AM
my sister thinks autoing is scamming
Haha, that sounds just like my brother. I sneak into his room sometimes and see him playing RS. (Mining essence or something...) And then I basically offer to show him this site, scripts, etc. And he always says, "I'm not gonna cheat! I have a life unlike you" *cough, cough* (Meanwhile he's playing RS..:p) But my mom used to program as her job, so she knows how helpful it can be for your future, and encourages me to start young (I'm only 13 at the moment...).

But I have my own personal computer, so my brothers don't really care what I'm doing :).

-Dunceiam