PDA

View Full Version : Basics, help!

pure nicks
02-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Hello all,

firstly I would like to say hi, I'm new here...and I have 0 experience with writing scripts or scripting - that's why I am here though.

I've also had limited experience with botting so I do apologize now for the questions and lack of understanding with scripting/botting.

As I refuse to spend hours on 07scape I intend on botting and having very little contact on runescape. So far I have downloaded simba and set it up as shown in the video/tutorial.

Then I looked into the 07scripts with little research and spent ages trying to figure out what to do (fishing script). I tried so many things to play it but I have no idea what I need to write in to edit the script or what else to do?

I kept getting this:

Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'P07Include.Simba' used from 'C:\Users\(myname)\AppData\derp\derp\AFK Fisher V1p.simba'

So I've been hanging around the website trying to understand anything/everything but as I know nothing, 0%, about scripting etc I find it hard to get started or understand what I'm missing out ( http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96863 ) I read that thread but I am still confused.

So can anyone help me out? Perhaps simplify something already so simple, yet to me computing and programming make no sense. Or just give me any pointers etc.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
02-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Welcome and I hope you get to learn while you're here!

Did you download the attachments in that thread and put them in the designated folder?

pure nicks
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
thanks for the reply!

Attachments from which thread?

I am actually so confused, 07scape doesn't work on simba (no client?) so the setup is different? Ah idk, I'm getting frustrated. Someone told me learning to script was kinda easy.

Kevin
02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
The thread you mention talks about setting up for 07scape and includes some necessary files to make it run correctly. 07scape works on simba, it just doesn't work with SMART (publicly at least). You can run it by "attaching" (there's an attach tool at the top of SIMBA) Simba to a running 07scape instance in your browser.

pure nicks
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
don't worry. I think I'm just going to give up and wait for paid scripts to come out then just do it that way. Don't have enough time at the moment and this has been frustrating me for too long, ah well. Thanks.

gotoel
02-26-2013, 07:25 PM
don't worry. I think I'm just going to give up and wait for paid scripts to come out then just do it that way. Don't have enough time at the moment and this has been frustrating me for too long, ah well. Thanks.

One less CS degree I have to compete with. :thumbsup:

Kevin
02-26-2013, 07:34 PM
One less CS degree I have to compete with. :thumbsup:

Lol, nice first post :p

gotoel
02-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Lol, nice first post :p

Was going to help him, but scrolled down to find out he had given up.

empurefine
02-26-2013, 07:40 PM
what does this mean?

[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/core/text.simba(791:13): Unknown identifier 'UpChars' at line 790
Compiling failed.
[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/core/text.simba(791:13): Unknown identifier 'UpChars' at line 790
Compiling failed.
Compiling failed.

gotoel
02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
what does this mean?

Looks like you need to update/re-install Simba.

empurefine
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
ok doing that now

Cwreck
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Im stuck the way OP was. However, I dont plan on giving up. I have the same error as him, and ive been reading all over the forums but i cant see to find anything. I feel like its right under my nose, but I'm not entirely sure what to be looking for...

Sjoe
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Im stuck the way OP was. However, I dont plan on giving up. I have the same error as him, and ive been reading all over the forums but i cant see to find anything. I feel like its right under my nose, but I'm not entirely sure what to be looking for...

Click on the link that OP posted.
Follow the instructions within that link and you're settled :)

Kevin
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96863 will tell include 2 files you need to download and it tells you where to put them.

Cwreck
03-01-2013, 04:03 PM
http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96863 will tell include 2 files you need to download and it tells you where to put them.

Awesome, that worked. Now, I'm in another pickle. I'm trying to run http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97446 this script. It starts up correctly, but my character just stands there. I've been reading the thread but I'm kind of going in circles on what the next step is... Can you help me by chance?

Edit: I think I've figured it out, sort of. I found the reply where he says:
but good news, i have a solution. Its posted on the main thread ill put it here too:
FIRSTLY you need to make changes to srl/srl/core/globals.simba
Open it up and you need to comment out 1 line of code.This is the procedure you need to change. After that is completed then follow the steps below to run the script.
Code:

Procedure SRL_ResetNavBar;
begin
SRL_EnableNavBar;
// SRL_DisableNavBar; //<<<<<<<<<< you need to comment this out
end;

its like on line 840-850 something

GO WILD

Edit again: I've figured out the procedure part. Now I'm having trouble creating my own DTM's. I'm lost on how to do so. He provided links to read up on it, but its not making sense to me..